CAPTURED BY VIKINGS: MEMOIRS OF A PRISONER (M/M) *CHAPTERS 1-16*

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

That ominous ending, the tone it takes on! I keep saying it, but poor Jamis. I also agree that his newly elevated level of privilege (unwanted as it may be) may bring unforseen and unfortunate jealousy from the other thralls forced to pick up the slack. And then, of course, there is the matter of Balgruuf, wherever he is. How will he respond to Hrongar's intentions?
My M/M Stories Here
Pup Wingletang
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup Wingletang »

I've now read up to chapter 6 and am still very much enjoying the story. Descriptions are top notch and I really feel like I'm drawn into Jamis's world - it's all very believable and I'm really feeling for him. Also don't really know what direction the story is going to take which keeps it exciting.

Have spent the three weeks of my honeymoon in Norway I can attest that it is definitely a far greener and pleasanter land than people sometimes think. We had wall-to-wall sunshine (nearly 24hrs a day) and loved driving through the orchards and buying strawberries from roadside stalls. I think their image has definitely improved since the Viking days! It's just a shame there is no longer a direct sea route between the UK and Norway.

Growing up in Yorkshire we made several trips to the Jorvik Viking museum in York. (These were Danish Vikings rather the Norwegian ones.) Part of the museum was a ride through a Viking settlement complete with 'realistic' smells. If those were anything to go by, these people were pretty used to bad smells so those socks must have been pretty bad!

And the UK is not constantly drenched in rain, sometimes it's just a light drizzle!

Keep up the good work [mention]bondagefreak[/mention]. I'll be reading more chapters soon.
A pup is for life but especially for bondage so get out the sleepsack and muzzle.

Don't miss out on the final chapter of Lovingly Zipped Up (M/M)

All my M/M stories can be found HERE.
GoBucks
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by GoBucks »

Really liked this feeding scene! Can't wait for Hrongar to take Jamis though!
KidBlink
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by KidBlink »

Oh my goodness, I love this story so much. As with all of your stories, I am falling in love with the characters and am enjoying the relaxed building of their relationship. I cannot wait for the next chapter!
TayDay95
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TayDay95 »

Figured it was only a matter of time until Hrongar started feeling frisky, I can definitely see this display of favouritism causing problems for Jamis with the other thralls. It's rather sad to see him losing hope that Balgruuf will want him instead, but who knows what the future may bring?

Doing great work [mention]bondagefreak[/mention]!
KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by KidnappedCowboy »

And so, much to my great shame, I willfully agreed to play along as Hrongar's subhuman plaything. I did so, partially in the hopes of further garnering his favour but mostly as a means of improving the conditions of my captivity.
Fight?

Survival?

Or is it a medieval form of Stockholm Syndrome? :twisted: :twisted:
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Wow! So much speculation, comments and reviews! Thanks a ton, guys!
While this tale certainly started off with a much smaller audience than my other stories (which I guess was to be expected given the genre), it seems that more and more readers and joining in and making their voices heard.

From some of the PMs I've been getting, it seems that a few of you have even been daydreaming about Jamis' plight and imagining yourselves in his position. I'm utterly stoked that this account is resonating with you guys to that extent! Seeing as how you guys seem to be enjoying the frequent publishing of short chapters, I have the next one scheduled for a bit later today.

DeeperThanRed wrote: 1 year ago Here I was thinking about how uncharacteristically Hrongar was acting, thinking maybe he had a change of heart... but he was only interested in getting laid.Okay, to be fair, he didn't need to be so kind to Jamis and he still did.
I'm glad you came to that realisation, my friend. Indeed he doesn't. Hrongar doesn't gain anything from lavishing Jamis with attention. He doesn't need to court or woo anyone. The thralls are at his disposal whether they want it or not. It seems our narrator has come to the conclusion that Hrongar simply finds the unnecessary courtship amusing. Hence, Jamis basically referring to himself as Hrongar's plaything.

Welcome to the adventure [mention]KidBlink[/mention]!
I had no idea you followed my tales, but am very pleased to see you voicing your support for this one.
Reader feedback and support is super important, so it's always a special thrill when a new poster makes an appearance.
Keep it up! I look forward to seeing you participate on here most often from now on ;)
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

THANKS A TON FOR THE AMAZING SUPPORT, GUYS!
WELCOME TO THE ADVENTURE [mention]KidBlink[/mention]!

HERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER, FRIENDS. ENJOY!

[mention]Bradstick[/mention] [mention]Guardianbound[/mention] [mention]Stormee[/mention] [mention]gag1195[/mention] [mention]ShadowHusky[/mention] [mention]GoBucks[/mention] [mention]Ossassin[/mention] [mention]KidnappedCowboy[/mention] [mention]DeeperThanRed[/mention] [mention]Socksbound[/mention] [mention]Subexplorer71[/mention] [mention]wataru14[/mention] [mention]socjuc[/mention] [mention]privateandrews[/mention] [mention]that1kid13[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]blackbound[/mention] [mention]TightropesEU[/mention] [mention]cstone5725@gmail.com[/mention] [mention]harveygasson[/mention] [mention]Ropelover98[/mention] [mention]chadmc90[/mention] [mention]Red86[/mention] [mention]jammer212[/mention] [mention]Pup Wingletang[/mention] [mention]CrownedLoy76[/mention] [mention]KidBlink[/mention]
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

DAY 59
Skerpla 9th, A.D 841

CHAPTER 12 - YSOLDA'S PENANCE

The liberal consumption of honey mead may have certainly contributed to his high spirits, but mighty Hrongar had not been speaking untruths when he'd threatened to take me as his own and bed me. Over a dozen moons had passed since the festive banquet in his honour, and still, I found myself being the subject of his predatory attentions. So much so in fact, that when Ilda finally sought to return me to my usual kitchen duties, the towering brute-of-a-man forbade it and expressly told her he wanted me serving as a banquet thrall and domestic servant.

Ilda had some control over the management of slaves, but her authority was greatly superseded by Hrongar's in virtually all matters, save for those related to the kitchen itself.

It probably will not surprise you to know that I quickly began fearing my fellow thralls at that point. More precisely, I feared they would turn on me or at the very least harbour some form of resentment at the fact that I had unwittingly garnered the firstborn warrior's interest. Much to my continued surprise though, those fears did not materialise. Quite the opposite in fact. Ilda warned me to be on my absolute best behaviour around Hrongar, and several of the servants who'd also noticed his strange infatuation with me expressed concern for my wellbeing and seemed almost sympathetic to my plight.

"Tread carefully, Jamis. The Jarl's son is dangerous. Both of his sons are, but the eldest one in particular. He will not hesitate to dispose of you on a whim if you should suddenly give him reason to do so." one of them warned, apparently hinting at the fact that I was hardly the first to catch the fearsome mightyman's eye.

Many of the women working in the kitchen appeared somewhat overly fearful of our captors, but the cleaning maid who'd warned me to watch my step around the Jarl's two sons seemed to know what she was talking about. She spoke the language of heathens as though it were her own, and seemed to have Lady Sigrid's ear even though the nature of her tenure in this place was no different than mine.

When I finally opened up to her and told her about the towering raider who'd initially spared my life and sent me to work here pending his return, she asked me if I knew his name. I did, and as soon as the word "Balgruuf" left my mouth, an expression of unmistakable shock and surprise lit her tired features.

"Balgruuf?" she asked, apparently recognising the name and forcing me to nod my head yes as a means of confirming that she'd heard correctly.

"You...you know of him?" came my immediate response, the tone of my voice not concealing the tinge of excitement I felt at possibly being made privy to the hulking man's whereabouts.

Ysolda - that was her name - unfortunately did not know where the man was or when he would return. She nevertheless assured me that I would know and that everyone in the Longhouse would be made aware of his homecoming. For you see, Balgruuf was, much like Hrongar, no ordinary raider. He was apparently a builder of some repute and one of Björnstad's fiercest and most honourable warriors.

Of course, "honour" did not carry the same meaning here as it did back home, but from what Ysolda told me, his return would be celebrated much in the same grandiose manner as Hrongar's and Vilkas' had. In other words, there would be a feast in his honour.

It relieved me to know that he'd not come back from his late springtime raids yet, but the maidservant quickly stymied my internal excitement by voicing a number of sobering warnings about the brown-haired leviathan who'd spared me. It was only by pressing the middle-aged woman for additional information that I came to know more about the much-feared Balgruuf and the details surrounding her own tenure as a servant here.

Ysolda was no foreigner, nor was she born unto this world as a thrall like some of the others I'd met. She was a Norsewoman, reduced to the status of temporary thralldom as a penance for her failures. Her once long hair - which was a symbol of beauty among the women of these lands - had been shamefully cut short. Though she claimed not to have been responsible for the unfortunate outcome, Ysolda was accused of negligence and malpractice when the young maiden she'd served as midwife for ended up birthing stillborn twins and passing away mere moments after expelling them from her womb.

The man who'd sired those deceased infants was not only left grieving the lifelessness of his offspring, but he also found himself wifeless and alone to contend with his unbearable sorrow. That man was Balgruuf.

Though Ysolda's stark warnings about the precariousness of my situation proved chilling at best, I found some measure of solace in the knowledge that these heathens lived and died much like we did. They were mortals, and though the men were possessed of supernatural strength and stature, they were not above the ailments and grievances that plagued lowly thralls and the peoples from far away lands.

The knowledge spilt onto me by Ysolda that day breathed new life into my daily routine. Even whilst I scrubbed the great mead-hall's floors, tended to the banquet tables and suffered through numerous painful conquests at the hands of the Jarl's impossibly well-endowed firstborn son, I thought of Balgruuf and allowed my mind to wander.

Somewhere behind that icy cold, predatory blue gaze of his dwelled a man. A man of flesh and blood.
A man recently visited by the pangs of grief. One no doubt still deeply tormented by the loss of his wife.
I could possibly find some measure of happiness in caring for such a man...that is, if only he would have me.

INTERESTED IN THIS STORY? WANT A FOLLOW-UP CHAPTER?
LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS!

READER COMMENTS WILL BE USED TO GAUGE THE LEVEL OF AUDIENCE INTEREST IN THIS PROJECT.
Last edited by bondagefreak 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Stormee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stormee »

Interesting history of Balgruuf there from the personal experience of Ysolda. Jamis should tread lightly if he's interested with that brute while Hrongar has his eyes on him. Some tension I bet will come between the brutes for Jamis. Nice work again, [mention]bondagefreak[/mention]!
Banner created by Bondagefreak

My Other Stories:
Stormee's Stories List
Guardianbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Guardianbound »

One lost his wife and children in childbirth, the other has a very pregnant wife, there's going to be some old wounds there. Add to that fighting over Jamis as a bed thrall, a potentially spicy conflict may be coming.

Can't help but feel for Hrongar here. This detail only makes the story more realistic and captivating, can't wait to find out more about all these characters.
gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

I said for awhile that the eventual confrontation between Balgruuf and Hrongar would be interesting and potentially catastrophic. Especially if both men show interest or try to claim Jamis at Balgruuf's return feast. Two men of great respect and renown at odds with each other over this thrall. It could definitely be a feast to remember.
My M/M Stories Here
that1kid13
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by that1kid13 »

gag1195 wrote: 1 year ago I said for awhile that the eventual confrontation between Balgruuf and Hrongar would be interesting and potentially catastrophic. Especially if both men show interest or try to claim Jamis at Balgruuf's return feast. Two men of great respect and renown at odds with each other over this thrall. It could definitely be a feast to remember.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Jealousy
that1kid13
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by that1kid13 »

Guardianbound wrote: 1 year ago One lost his wife and children in childbirth, the other has a very pregnant wife, there's going to be some old wounds there. Add to that fighting over Jamis as a bed thrall, a potentially spicy conflict may be coming.

Can't help but feel for Hrongar here. This detail only makes the story more realistic and captivating, can't wait to find out more about all these characters.

Not to be well morbid, but what if hrongars wife dies too then they both desperately want him?
Bradstick
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bradstick »

Had to work a double shift today and I can’t begin to describe how happy I was seeing that you posted the next chapter.

This chapter was absolutely fantastic as always and really created a lot of ways for the plot to move forward and thicken. I loved the whole Balgruuf story, even though it was quite sad.

I don’t think Hrongar would put up much of a fight after the baby is born. It sound like him and his wife will have more than enough help with the baby from other servants that their own sex life May return to normal. Plus Hrongar already mentioned that she is quite jealous, so once she isn’t pregnant, she may want Jamis out of the picture. But we don’t know too much about their characters yet so I may be wrong.

I was also quite surprised that other thralls aren’t jealous of Jamis but rather feel more sorry for him. They clearly know more than they are letting on.
bondagefreak wrote: 1 year ago Though she claimed not to have been responsible for the unfortunate outcome, Ysolda was accused of negligence and malpractice when the young maiden she'd served as midwife for ended up birthing stillborn twins and passing away mere moments after expelling them from her womb.
One of my favorites part about reading historical fictions is moments like these where due to lack of science and study, people would make decisions that we wouldn’t make knowing that information.

Now we know much more about pregnancy and what can cause stillborn infants. The midwife most likely did nothing wrong and this was something else but since they didn’t understand that, they blamed and punished the midwife.

I’m so in love with this story, can’t wait for the next chapter. It’s weird to think that he has been a captive so about 2 months now.
ShadowHusky
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ShadowHusky »

I'm very interested in the relationship revealing information from these last chapters. It's very intriguing to the fate of Jamis.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

THANKS A TON FOR THE COMMENTS, GUYS!
HERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER. ENJOY!
WARNING: MATURE SUBJECT MATTER

[mention]Bradstick[/mention] [mention]Guardianbound[/mention] [mention]Stormee[/mention] [mention]gag1195[/mention] [mention]ShadowHusky[/mention] [mention]GoBucks[/mention] [mention]Ossassin[/mention] [mention]KidnappedCowboy[/mention] [mention]DeeperThanRed[/mention] [mention]Socksbound[/mention] [mention]Subexplorer71[/mention] [mention]wataru14[/mention] [mention]socjuc[/mention] [mention]privateandrews[/mention] [mention]that1kid13[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]blackbound[/mention] [mention]TightropesEU[/mention] [mention]cstone5725@gmail.com[/mention] [mention]harveygasson[/mention] [mention]Ropelover98[/mention] [mention]chadmc90[/mention] [mention]Red86[/mention] [mention]jammer212[/mention] [mention]CrownedLoy76[/mention] [mention]KidBlink[/mention] [mention]Pup[/mention]
Last edited by bondagefreak 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

DAY 59
Skerpla 9th, A.D 841

CHAPTER 13 - HRONGAR'S PLAYTHING

Things grew noticeably less monotonous in the days and weeks following mighty Hrongar's celebrated return. Not only were the evening meals in the brazier-lit mead hall more festive and filled with laughter, but I also had to go about my daily chores with the added pressure of being under the strongman's predatory gaze. It was, as you can probably imagine, quite unnerving considering I'd spent the first eight weeks of my tenure at the Jarl's Longhouse being virtually ignored by everyone else.

The patronising and oftentimes openly rapacious glances Hrongar subjected me to never failed to instil in me a mixture of emotions and feelings most difficult to describe. Though I found his acknowledgement of my existence quite titillating, I feared him quite profoundly and found my own emotional excitement quite difficult to accept. Most notably due to the fact that I was being lusted after by a man and because I knew that the strange exhilaration I got as a result of it was not in accord with the Lord's holy teachings...or at least, not in accord with what the clergy had taught me.

Though I feared him, Hrongar was neither overly cruel nor unreasonably unkind in his treatment of me. He was, much to my own dismay and slight frustration, somewhat difficult to talk to. This language of his felt crude and unrefined, probably even more so because I did not master it yet. But even when he pressed me with questions and allowed me to speak my mind, the trouble I had with garnering his sympathy not only stemmed from a language barrier but especially from a cultural one.

It was plainly obvious from his condescending smirks and numerous dealings with me that he found my laments and sensibilities both peculiar and endearing. Most of my moral sensitivities were foreign to him, mostly because his people didn't share them and because it was highly unusual for Norsemen to openly display the level of vulnerability and emotion that I allowed myself to show in his presence. I was, to put it mildly, very effeminate in Hrongar's eyes.

His people definitely did have a code of honour. Even as a thrall, I could see that. The men treated their women better than most did back home, and although their society as a whole was quite harsh and brutal compared to my own, some of the laws and customs these northerners abided by seemed surprisingly noble and dare I say, almost civilised.

From their willful endorsement of wanton bloodshed, slavery and pillaging, to the disproportionate importance they placed on things like honour, tradition and being on good terms with the many gods they worshipped, this culture of heathens was seemingly rife with contradiction.

The cultural barrier that lingered between the Jarl's son and I became all the more obvious when he took me to his bed and laid claim to my backside. The brute obviously harboured some modicum of affection for me, but the physical intercourse I found myself falling victim to lacked any discernable emotion beyond that of animalistic lust.

Hrongar revelled in the carnal pleasures of the flesh, but his manner of courtship felt devoid of any real love or attachment.
I was his plaything, an object of curiosity and an amusing conquest for him to partake in. My submissive nature apparently did much to stoke the flames of his primal appetite, as did our rather spectacular size difference and the sound of my distressed moans.

Time and again, I found myself being hunted down, scooped right off my feet and carried off to the hulking behemoth's private bedchamber.

"Come, little sveinn. I take you now." was the only explanation I received.

I broke down into tears the first two times Hrongar came for me. I was positively terrified and was shaking so hard that the bed itself felt as though it were quaking beneath us.

The brute growled, purred, flared his nostrils against the back of my neck and ran his velvety tongue up my ear. He kissed my neck, my head and my face before letting out a deeply derisive chuckle and whispering threats of imminent conquest. My back end was fingered, and a generous amount of oily liquid was spread around the outside of its opening, probably more for his benefit than mine. I cried out and whimpered, causing my hulking conquerer to cup my tear-lined face inside his tremendously massive hand. Arms as thick as those of a bear and thighs as broad as centennial oak trees prevented my escape. Outrageously muscular, fur-lined pectorals broader than even my shoulders slowly came down atop my upper back, crushing my feeble form down to the bed and pinning me beneath a body almost thrice as heavy as my own.

The thirty-something-year-old leviathan forced his impossibly girthy appendage in and out of me; conquering me with the throbbing monster that rose up from betwixt his thighs and filling my innards with large amounts of his very fertile seed. Every few nights he would come for me, and every few nights I would soak his muffling palm with fresh tears and find myself hosting a new load.

Hrongar wasn't too keen on sharing his bed when the act of conquering my backside was finally done and over. I was usually ordered to get up and make my way back down to the thrall pen; something which never failed to leave me sobbing as I painfully walked down the flight of stairs and felt his warm semen running down my legs as it slowly seeped out of my burning orifice.

Sleeping with a male thrall - even one as diminutive and subservient as I - was a very foreign and unsavoury concept to these nordic brutes. They had no qualms about engaging in sexual depravity, but displaying affection for those lesser males they regularly conquered would've been considered a shameful act of weakness. That being said, Hrongar was not completely impervious to my emotional distress. Though he more often than not ordered me to quickly vacate his room, I was allowed to spend the night with him on more than one occasion.

My small stature, proneness to showing emotion and submissiveness toward him labelled me as something of a quasi-male in the fearsome warrior's eyes. As such, the concept of taking me to his bed and keeping me there for the night grew noticeably more palatable to the Jarl's eldest son. Sleeping in his bed came with a heavy price of course; that of being repeatedly fucked, both during the night and in the early hours of dawn. But it also came with a few advantages, the biggest of which was undoubtedly being pinned beneath his warm body all night and being spared from having to get up at my usual time.

Hrongar regularly woke up a mere two or three hours before midday, making those days I woke up in his bed much shorter and less exhausting than those I was usually made to contend with. But the real benefit afforded to me by his bedchamber - aside from the comfort and warmth - was being able to escape the torturous conditions of the sleeping pen my fellow thralls and I all shared.

Though the clergymen back home would've surely condemned me to suffer a heathen's death for admitting this, I genuinely preferred suffering through the colossal brute's conquests and sleeping in his warm bed than enduring the straw-lined floor and the traumatic cries and whimpers coming from Ailidh and the other women who were being violated downstairs.

I knew this had been going on for a long time, but I wanted to help them.
I wanted it to stop. It had to stop.

I tried telling Ysolda about it, seeing as how she understood this place better than the rest of us and was the only thrall who had her own sleeping quarters - albeit very sparse ones. The servant-Norsewoman was neither shocked nor surprised to learn about what happened in the slave pen, but she seemed greatly perplexed as to my own naïveté. She tried telling me such things were to be expected, but somehow that didn't make it any easier to accept.

Something had to be done. Something had to be done soon.
If not for the women, then for my own sanity of mind.

INTERESTED IN THIS STORY? WANT A FOLLOW-UP CHAPTER?
LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS!

READER COMMENTS WILL BE USED TO GAUGE THE LEVEL OF AUDIENCE INTEREST IN THIS PROJECT.

Bradstick
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bradstick »

That was absolutely incredible. You are also playing on my one of, if not my favorite trope, which is a religious person dealing with being gay. You don’t find it very often on sites like these, but it terms of general novels, those are some of my favorite kind of books. I’m was really happy seeing here as well, even if it is only a couple lines, I think it really adds a lot to how Jamis is dealing with this.

I quite enjoyed how you have Hrongar taking Jamis. You were able to keep the Viking/Thrall feel throughout all of it. Such as having Jamis sleep on the bed, you were able to justify why Hrongar was doing that. As well how animalistic he is at sex. Very well done.

Those last few paragraphs are quite interesting as well. I’m curious how he will be able to change things for the thralls. I don’t think Hrongar would care to much considering he is taking Jamis when he sees fit but I could be wrong. Not to mention it could very bad for Jamis if the Jarl does do something. If they separate the women and men at night, they may take some notes from Hrongar book and take Jamis at night rather than the women. Quite an interesting thought. Very excited to see how he plans on accomplishing that new quest of his.
gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

Jamis is embroiling himself with forces far beyond his control. Not only with Hrongar finally claiming him, but also trying to stir up change among the thralls. I understand he is seeking this change for very noble reasons, but I can only foresee it backfiring for him. Society is slow to change, and Jamis has a very small voice.
My M/M Stories Here
Guardianbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Guardianbound »

I don't see Jamis' efforts working well for him, the last thing he wants would be to antagonise his captors. I wonder if balgruuf will intervene on Jamis' behalf and take him as his own instead.
Banner by bondagefreak --- Link to my stories: Click Here

ShadowHusky
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ShadowHusky »

Such a fascinating internal monologue. You've really built Jamis' use of words as the story has developed so far; his poetic tongue works well with the subject matter of the story and the groundwork is foundationally concrete. I worry for Jamis as he seems to think he could do anything to help the thralls below. It's not a subject of ignorance, he's misunderstanding the whole cultural makeup. Though, it is understandable as he is new to the environment.
wataru14
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by wataru14 »

If I'm reading Jamis correctly, it sounds like he's going to advocate for the women. A noble gesture, but I don't think it's going to go very well. For him, most of all. He will have to play his cards exactly right, but I don't think he's even holding as many cards as he thinks. He's trying to change forces he doesn't understand, when he has no power to do so. I don't think Jamis quite understands that yet. But I'm guessing that will be made clear to him.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Thanks for the comments, guys! I really appreciate the extra time you guys are taking to share your thoughts with us.
The next chapter is ready to go, but I'll allow some more time to pass since I think quite a few readers have yet to catch up.

ShadowHusky wrote: 1 year ago Such a fascinating internal monologue. You've really built Jamis' use of words as the story has developed so far; his poetic tongue works well with the subject matter of the story and the groundwork is foundationally concrete.
I have been peppering the text with old/defunct words, as well as using words that originate from french to give the story a slightly older feel. But I honestly didn't think the narration would sound poetic, so your comment definitely comes as a pleasant surprise :D Thanks, shadow-pup!

Bradstick wrote: 1 year agoThat was absolutely incredible. You are also playing on my one of, if not my favorite trope, which is a religious person dealing with being gay. You don’t find it very often on sites like these, but it terms of general novels, those are some of my favorite kind of books. I’m was really happy seeing here as well, even if it is only a couple lines, I think it really adds a lot to how Jamis is dealing with this.
I never thought of it like that, but you're right. It's not something we see often on here. There are quite a few stories with religious protagonists on here, but all of them are PG-rated F/M and M/F stories told from the perspective of a woman. Getting back to Jamis' account, him being god-fearing makes sense considering everyone was back then, Christians and non-Christians alike. The Norselanders feared displeasing their gods, just as the Greeks did before them.

I'm glad that aspect of his account pleases you, buddy-boi ;)
It most definitely is a source of internal conflict for poor Jamis.

Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup »

I have a sneaking suspicion Jamis' attempted heroism isn't going to go well... :P
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic