Dungeon Crawlers (Interactive M+/M+ Story)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Dungeon Crawlers (Interactive M+/M+ Story)

Post by DeeperThanRed »

DUNGEON CRAWLERS

In the land of Arcadia, many young, brave warriors descend into the dark, dusty halls of ancient dungeons. Some look for riches and fame, some seek to destroy the precarious bandits plaguing the upper world.

And you: yes you, the reader. You happen to be one of those precarious bandits inhabiting one of these dungeons.

With your fellow outlaws, you spend your days digging through the treasures scattered around the dungeon and occasionally robbing the passerby merchants and adventurers blind.

One day, just when you and your friends were entertaining the idea of having someone in your hideout that can do your bidding, you hear a loud noise near the entrance.

Four young men are looking at you with wide eyes. Judging from their clothes, there's no doubt that they were a party of heroes, no doubt sent here by a disgruntled moneybag that you cleaned out. Being the virtuous warriors they are, they draw their weapons, running the last thing on their minds.

You and your friends glance at each other. Without a word, a consensus has been reached: You want to capture these warriors alive. You certainly have the numbers and your hideout is full of weapons and gear you can use to take down the novice heroes.

Now, what do you do?

RULES

In Dungeon Crawlers, your goal is to seize the enemy party. Each turn, every unit can take one action from a predetermined command window. Available commands may change during the course of the battle. As fellow bandits, you all share a single, large health pool and identical stats.

Each hero, on the other hand, has their own unique stats and equipment. Their stats are:
  • Strength: Determined how much damage their attacks deal.
  • Vitality: Determined their health.
  • Agility: Determined their accuracy and evasion rate.
Both sides also have a wide variety of weapons and magic spells they can use. These are:
  • Sword: High damage, low accuracy, melee.
  • Knife: Low damage, high accuracy, melee.
  • Staff: High damage, low accuracy, ranged.
  • Bow: Low damage, high accuracy, ranged.
  • Fire: Medium damage, low accuracy, can disrobe, magic.
  • Ice: Medium damage, low accuracy, can freeze, magic.
  • Earth: Medium damage, low accuracy, can stagger, magic.
  • Wind: Medium damage, low accuracy, can disarm, magic.
You'll want to disarm and disrobe them before tying them up. Here are things you can use to bind them:
  • Cloth: Easy to apply but also easy to get rid of.
  • Rope: Harder to apply and get rid of than cloth.
  • Leather: Harder to apply and get rid of than rope.
  • Chains: Hardest to apply and get rid of.
Here are the warriors:

Name: Alexios
Height: 1.85 m
Class: Knight
Equipment: Silver armor, leather pants, sturdy boots, enchanted ring, the sword of bravery
Stats: High Strength, High Vitality, Low Agility

Name: Bastien
Height: 1.79 m
Class: Mage
Equipment: White silk shirt, black breeches, leather shoes, wizard hat, the tome of knowledge
Stats: High Strength, Low Vitality, Medium Agility

Name: Calvex
Height: 1.88 m
Class: Cleric
Equipment: Black robe, ornated skirt, leather sandals, jeweled rosary, the staff of benevolence
Stats: Low Strength, High Vitality, Low Agility

Name: Dryden
Height: 1.75 m
Class: Rogue
Equipment: Green tank, thin tights, soft boots, camouflage cape, the bow of stealth
Stats: Medium Strength, Low Vitality, High Agility

Now...

Choose your action (one action per user):

Attack - Damage an opponent with your chosen weapon (sword, staff, knife, or bow)
Magic - Disrupt an opponent by casting a magic spell (fire, ice, earth, or wind)
Item - Use an item to bind opponents' hands or feet or gag or blindfold them (cloth, rope, leather, chain)
Guard - Reduce the damage you take this turn and possibly stagger your opponent.
Study- Carefully analyze an opponent in order to deduce their weaknesses... and maybe more.
Pass - Don't do anything of note. You can still cheer your buddies or admire your opponents' fighting figures.

Don't forget to specify the target of your taken action. e.g. command:

Command: Attack with Sword / Target: Alexios

May victory smile upon you.
25-year-old bondage enthusiast who likes cute guys, underwear, and bondage, preferably together.

You can reach my list of written work here: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38808#p38808
Guardianbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Guardianbound »

[mention]DeeperThanRed[/mention] This is an interesting concept.
I'm gonna imagine myself as a ice mage, although when it comes RPGs i often pick healer classes.

Action: Ice magic/ Target: Bastien Let's try to freeze the other mage.
Banner by bondagefreak --- Link to my stories: Click Here

Bradstick
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bradstick »

[mention]DeeperThanRed[/mention] I love this whole concept! If [mention]Guardianbound[/mention] is go with an ice mage then I’ll take a ranger with a bow and some earth magic.

I’ll use some earth magic at Alexios from a distance. Best to keep the knight at a distance so if that earth spells can stagger him than would be great.

Command: Stagger with Earth Magic / Target: Alexios
gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

What a cool idea! I can't wait to (hopefully) take down these handsome adventurers!

I'm worried about Calvex, and what divine surprises he may have in store for us. Plus, we'll need to take him out soon so he can't heal his compatriots, so...

Command: Study / Target: Calvex
Last edited by gag1195 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
My M/M Stories Here
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

Great moves, my fellow bandits! We shall share these pesky adventurers as our spoils. As a mage myself, I'm most worried about that rogue sneaking round behind us and picking us off. I'll keep an eye out and my spells at the ready to stagger him if I can!

Command: Guard / Target: Dryden

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

I'm happy to see that this idea gathered some interest! I think I'll wait another day to see whether more people will pitch in before starting to write the Turn 1.

Also, I like that you guys are already working as a team, keeping each hero busy. ;)
25-year-old bondage enthusiast who likes cute guys, underwear, and bondage, preferably together.

You can reach my list of written work here: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38808#p38808
KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by KidnappedCowboy »

My, Oh! My! [mention]DeeperThanRed[/mention]...

What a deliciously devious odyssey! :D

Give me that cleric and use some dark magic to subdue the quarry! 8-)
harukatsukino
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by harukatsukino »

Command: Study / Target: Bastien
cj2125

Post by cj2125 »

Great idea [mention]DeeperThanRed[/mention]

I think I'll play as an archer rogue who's attention is set in a certain other rogue. Better take my chance while he is distracted with another player

Command: attack with bow/ Target: Dryden
DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

Alright, I think that's enough for turn 1! The next chapter should come out soon. The heroes will definitely have a hard time with this eager bunch of bandits! :D

DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

TURN 1

The battle starts.

Guardianbound uses Icicle on Bastien. It's very effective!

You notice the fellow mage right away, opening his tome and standing his ground while his friends step in front of him. His lips are moving silently as arcane energy coarse through him, billowing his flimsy shirt and tousling his hair under the wide brim of his hat. But you are not intending to give him a chance to cast his spell. Acting faster, you hold out your hand, the azure gem on your ring glowing chillingly.

In the middle of casting, Bastien is unable to dodge! Your magic dodges his friends easily, freezing the air around him and shattering it into icicle shards. Despite his affinity with magic, his light clothes don't provide much protection against it as he takes the full brunt of your attack. You can see his hand holding his tome getting a little unsteady but his gaze is still determined. He's ready to counter.

Bastien uses Fireball on the Bandit Horde.

"Some snowflakes are not enough to hold me down," boasts Bastien, as he finishes his spell. With a flick of his fingers, some of you spontaneously combust into flames. Fortunately, the flames merely die down after licking your clothes and weapons but you are not unscathed. Still, it could've been worse if it wasn't for the finest armor larceny can provide that you are wearing.

Bastien looks at his friends as if hoping they finish you off. Predictably, they are closer to you than him but there are more of you and you continue to pelt them with magical assault.

Bradstick uses Earthquake on Alexios. Critical hit! Alexios is afflicted with Stagger.

From the look the others give him and how he confidently he carries himself as he leads the charge, you can see that the tall, dark, and handsome knight is the leader of the party. He also looks quite proficient with his shining sword, urging you to keep him at a distance where you can attack him with your arrows.

"Stand fast and attack, fellows! We can't let them get away with their crimes!" he exclaims gallantly.

You cast your spell with an amulet hanging from your quiver, pressing it to the ground. It's an immediate success! Despite his study footwork, the knight was simply not expecting this move. The cavern ground under him practically burst, beating his armor with rock pellets. The armor he wears protects him from the worst of the damage but he's staggered and fallen to his knees, struggling to balance himself on his sword.

gag1195 uses Study on Calvex.

As your companions fight, you peer at the blond cleric carefully. It's not often to see a man of cloth lending his assistance to adventurers, leaving them to get help from herbalists and alchemists for healing. Not that Calvex seems to be a regular cleric, for that matter. He is a pretty man with a shapely jaw and remarkable grey eyes. He also rushes straight at you, holding his staff like a club.

You also notice that his attire is a modified version of the standard priest clothes, which he fills very well. His white kilt has a long slit at the side, exposing his strong leg muscles. With that and his sandals, it almost seems like he wants to show off his legs and feet. Maybe the hunky cleric is not as chaste as he should be... You deduct that his feet are his weak point and a strong Wind spell can sweep them off the ground.

Dryden attacks the Bandit Horde with Pierce Shot. It's not very effective.

As the rest of you were busy, Dryden manages to get on top of a high rock formation, kneeling to get in a sniping position. It seems he was being quick not because he wanted hand-to-hand combat, but because he was trying to get a good vantage spot. The young rogue tucks a dark lock behind his ear and notches a few arrows to his bow. When he releases them, there's almost no sound, his weapon living up to its name.

Volobond guards.

Unfortunately, it is of little consequence. With so many targets, most of his arrows hit something but his main target, an observant mage is quicker than him. You see him before he even climbs to the rock, putting yourself between the fresh-faced shooter and your friends. A sharp arrow touches your cheek and leaves a bleeding mark but you block the rest of the projectiles with ease, using your trust staff.

"You can't be serious," you clearly hear Dryden bemoan. He stumbles to pull more arrows but he only has the high ground literally now. A smirk appears on your face. You enjoy seeing the nimble archer so flustered.

KidnappedCowboy uses Hellfire on Calvex. Calvex is afflicted with Burn.

Similar to your allies, the sight of the hunky cleric makes an easy target for you. It wouldn't be good if he heals his allies just before you can bring them down. Furthermore, the divine thaumaturgy you sense from his staff is a clear adversary of your own school of sorcery. Which you are determined to make it his downfall. You murmur the forbidden words, take aim and watch as a stream of flames in a ghastly dark hue pours from your staff.

Rushing headstrong, Calvex is unable to dodge. Alas, even if he's not very fast, this means your attack mostly washes over him rather than hitting him squarely. Still, the cleric slides back from the force of your dark magic. He grits his teeth and dusts himself with his staff to extinguish the flames eating away his clothes. You can see some dark soot stains on his golden skin, as his robe is not much more than singed tatters now. You can easily see a large set of pectorals adorned with some light dusting of hair, along with surprisingly tight abs.

Calvex attacks the Bandit Horde with Divine Hammer. Calvex restores some health to self.

The fiery assault is insufficient to stop Calvex who merely scoffs. "You lot need some guidance on how to behave." He takes a large step and coats his staff with bright light. The muscles in his arms bulge as he swings it with full force, knocking some of you away as if hit by a crashing wave. Since his upper torso is not obscured, you can all see that the same light washes over him, immediately healing some of the burn marks he just gained. It appears that this party won't be so easy to beat, after all.

Still, it says a lot that he preferred attacking over supporting his allies...

harukatsukino uses Study on Bastien

You turn your watchful gaze to the injured mage. Bastien has a scholarly air around him but he's not a frail bookworm. Even if his combat process so far is not ideal, you can see that he's not alien to being on the frontlines. It's apparent from how focused his brown eyes are, studying your ranks carefully. Speaking of apparent things, the previous attack left the upper left part of his shirt completely torn, showing off a strong shoulder and... nipple ring? You stored this knowledge in the back of your mind for later use.

Bastien, just like his allies, is a fine specimen of a man and his clothes seem more useful at displaying that rather than providing protection. His breeches clung to his tights well and his hat shadows his face handsomely, making his eyes glint even more and accentuating an angular jaw with nice stubble covering it. ...oh right, his weaknesses. Aside from him being vulnerable to Ice, you can see that he's unprotected against knife and sword attacks. Also, covering his mouth might make it difficult for him to cast spells.

cj2125 uses Pierce Shot on Dryden. It’s not very effective.

The opponent rogue’s fumbling doesn’t go unnoticed by you. With an arrow already in place, you turn your bow to Dryden, who’s perched on a broken stalagmite. Crouched on all fours and hair in a wild mane, he resembles a threatened small animal. Weirdly cute in a way. Still, all the more reason to bring him down.

You release the arrow and just as you do, Dryden’s eyes dart towards you. At a speed you thought would be impossible for his disgruntled state, he reacts. He turns his flexible body sideways at the last second. Instead of hitting his dominant arm as you planned, your arrow cut right above his left shoulder, leaving a shallow gash. Dryden hisses and holds his shoulder, glaring daggers at you. One of the straps of his top is also torn, now dangling from one side.

You hope your best shot would be better but that’s not a bad sight at all.

Alexios uses Bravery. Party strength is increased.

Alexios finally manages to get to his feet. Staggered as he is, he’s in no condition to attack or dodge just yet. Still, he lost nothing from his resolve. He raises his sword and clamors: “Guys, don’t let them beat you so easily! I know you beat enemies far better than this.” Under his encouraging words, you see the other three young men collecting themselves.

“Calvex, don’t charge recklessly and heal the injured! Bastien, stand behind us! You can always attack from distance like them. Dryden, keep your eyes peeled for ranged moves, shoot them in the air if you have to!”

Like magic, the party assembles better than before. You still have the advantage but Alexios’s leadership holds them together well. With a serious expression, he easily leads them with his smooth, deep voice. “Now, let’s keep going!”

The battle is just starting.

TURN 1 END

Conditions
Alexios: Healthy, staggered
Bastien: Injured, disrobed lightly
Calvex: Injured lightly, disrobed moderately
Dryden: Injured lightly
Bandit Horde: Injured lightly

Bradstick
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bradstick »

“The knight is there leader! I’ll disarm, someone get ready to tie him up or hurt him!” I will shout after seeing the knight boast the strength of all of his comrades. I will take an arrow and infuse with it with wind magic and try to disarm the recently staggered Alexios.

Command: Disarm with Air Magic / Target: Alexios
Guardianbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Guardianbound »

I still got my eye on that mage. He won't be casting spells with his mouth sealed I see. Well, before we can get up close i'll gag him temporarily with ice.

Attack Bastien with ice, aiming at his head, ill try to make a tight seal round that mouth of his

Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

Almost distracted by the flesh revealed by the handsome mage and cleric, I force my attention back to the rogue. Once we overwhelm him, we can deal with the others. "Thanks for the tip, Sir Knight!" I shout, sending pulses of wind magic to keep Dryden distracted and hopefully disarm him to keep his arrows from the Bandits.

Command: Wind Magic / Target: Dryden

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

"Keep them off their feet!" I shout, trying to keep my attention off the holy man's exposed skin. He's confident, but reckless. If we keep badgering him, we can distract him from healing his fellow adventurers! At the very least, knocking him down may give us the advantage!

Command: Wind Magic / Target: Calvex
My M/M Stories Here
harukatsukino
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by harukatsukino »

Fire magic / Target: calvex
DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

Lots of great ideas at this round, too.

Thanks for keeping up with this guys, I've started working on the next chapter.

DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

TURN 2

Bradstick uses Vacuum Arrow on Alexios. Alexios is afflicted with Disarm.

Even if that’s what he wants, the comely knight is your mark now. You can’t let him keep his party’s morale up. Good thing he’s a sitting duck at the moment. You place an arrow on your bow and take aim. You overdraw, muttering an incantation to make your amulet work its magic. The wind gathers around the tip of your arrow’s head and just as you let go, you shoot a piercing whirlwind at Alexios!

The time you spent to cast your attack makes it predictable to him and rather than taking his chance with his lowered speed, he blocks the incoming shot in the air - with his sword. You’d be impressed if he wasn’t your foe. Unfortunately, his foothold is weak, and right as he deflects the arrow, his sword flies away from him. “Curses!” he gripes, a frown etched in his fine features. Today is really not his day.

Dryden uses Fang Breaker on the Bandit Horde. It’s very effective!

Dryden twirls an arrow in his hand. “I won’t let you get away with these cheap shots!” He shoots an arrow, the effort making his lean muscles strain. It’s not a simple shot. The arrow seemingly splits in the air, raining down on you with near-invisible needles.

A few others that try to shoot the heroes found that their arrows split it two mid-flight or their bows suddenly have slashed strings. Dryden jumps down from his rock with a slight grin. He might not be a strong archer but the young rogue apparently excels at sabotaging.

Guardianbound uses Ice Breath on Bastien.

Even with Bastien doing his best to avoid incoming attacks, there’s no way he can shield himself against your magic. Well, probably. Actually, he’s currently casting a hex that looks suspiciously like a dispelling spell. You better make it quick. You focus on his pretty lips, imagine them encased in… ice would do for now, and do your own magic.

Bastien uses Ice Wall. It’s not very effective. Bastien is inflicted with Freeze.

“-and protect my allies against-uhhhhmmm!” Bastien’s eyes open wide as before he can finish his incantation, something very cold, and hard presses his tongue down and locks his jaw open. He looks down to see his lips wrapped around an icy sphere.

“Hmmmphhhh?!”

Without dropping his tome, he claws at the frozen gag but he’s powerless to stop the spell as more ice covers his lower jaw in a crystal muzzle. Bizarrely, the frostiness doesn’t burn his sensitive skin but it is uncomfortably chilly and he wants it out. “Nnnnnmmmmm!”

Volobond uses Spiral Gust on Dryden. It’s not very effective.

You think you like Dryden better when the kid is not so cocky. After his annoyingly fast intervention at your archer friends, you decide to bring him down a little. Literally. Focusing your magic on the spot he just landed, you summon a small but strong whirlwind just below his feet, the whirling air launching small rocks at his legs.

Unfortunately, Dryden seems mostly impervious to wind magic but this leads him to underestimate the strength of the pulsing attack you sent. Other than opening a lot of holes in his flimsy tights, your wind takes and scatters the arrows in the quiver strapped to his upper leg. The rogue looks at the bow in his hand in confusion. Well, you didn’t technically disarm him but it seems unlikely that he’s going to shoot any arrows for a while.

Alexios uses Compassion. Party defense is increased. Alexios becomes an easier target.

The knightly party leader decides that the best course of offense against such an immoral group is a defense. Rather than going for his dropped sword and risk leaving himself wide open, he stands between his allies and the enemy. “I don’t need my blade to beat you lot!”

His confidence seems to have encouraged the others. Rather than frantically clawing his gag, Bastien starts paging his tome to find a counterspell and Dryden turns his bow sideways to use as a temporary club. “Now, Calvex, work your miracle!”

gag1195 uses Gale Blast on Calvex. harukatsukino uses Fireball on Calvex.

You two look at each other knowingly. The priest is still yet to show his healing magic on others but you can’t afford him to do so with so few actual healers on your side. After Alexios’s intervention, he carries himself less hastily but is still a straightforward target. One of you gathers a blade of gust in your hand while the other prepares a fireball.

Calvex notices you two at the last moment. Rather than going for a curing spell on Dryden, he holds his staff protectively in front of himself.

Calvex guards.

But it’s useless. You both send your attacks at the same time. The wind sphere is set ablaze by the fireball, two attacks combining with each other to become an incandescent tornado of flames, spiraling towards Calvex at full speed.

“No!” Alexios shouts and Bastien lets out a muffled yell but they are not quick enough.

gag1195 and harukatsukino discovered the combo spell Dragon Roar. It’s super effective!

The combination attacks slam into Calvex like a chariot, breaking his staff into two and sending him flying. The priest lets out a pained cry as he drops a few meters back, right in front of some of the bandits that surrounded his group.

His clothes are almost completely blown to bits. The only articles of clothing on him that are still in one piece are his sandals and a pair of tight, thin white briefs. Thankfully, guarding at least reduced the attack to deal any lasting damage to him but his body is covered in small cuts and bruises. Calvex tries lifting himself from the ground but his strength gives up and he falls back down, completely spent. There's no way for him to defend himself from the hoard waiting for their chance to jump at him.

His friends are all visibly worried about him but they need to think about their moves carefully. With one man down, the group surrounding them seems even tighter than before.

TURN 2 END

Conditions
Alexios: Healthy, disarmed
Bastien: Injured, disrobed lightly, silenced
Calvex: Injured lightly, disrobed, faint
Dryden: Injured lightly, disarmed moderately
Bandit Horde: Injured moderately, disarmed lightly

New Spells Unlocked
  • Combo Spells: High damage, low accuracy, requires two users to cast, magic.
  • Charm: No damage, low accuracy, can brainwash, magic.
  • Rage: No damage, low accuracy, can provoke, magic.
  • Panic: No damage, low accuracy, can confuse, magic.

Bradstick
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bradstick »

What a great round, shame that I lost my bow though. I will pull my short sword from my back and step towards Alexios. I point the sword at him and say “how the fuck are you going to save your friends when you can’t even save yourself, pretty boi?” And with that I will study him and call out whatever I can to give my comrades an opening on the leader.

Command: Study / Target: Alexios
Guardianbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Guardianbound »

Such a handsome cleric, disrobed and faint. I'm gonna try to charm him. Hope this magic incantation will bring the fine looking man to our side...

Action: Charm/ Target Calvex

Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

[mention]Guardianbound[/mention] good work on that ice muzzle! I will carry on your progress with the enemy mage and take the nipple-ringed hunk as our first prize! I move towards Bastien while he's distracted looking for a counterspell and unleash a blast of ice magic to freeze his arms or destroy his tome!

Command: Ice Magic / Target: Bastien

gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

Hmm... [mention]Bradstick[/mention] is busy distracting and taunting Alexios. I don't want to potentially mess up [mention]Guardianbound[/mention] attempt to charm the cleric, though if the charm fails, we need to be ready to restrain Calvex, and @Volobond appears to have Bastien well in hand.

Dryden has been a far too persistent thorn in our sides. Since wind magic seems ineffective on the dashing rogue, I'll try something else. "Let's see how sure footed he is after this!"

Command: Earth Magic / Target: Dryden
My M/M Stories Here
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

Can I just say, I love how magically oriented the Bandit Horde is? Love us magic villains!

DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

Volobond wrote: 1 year ago Can I just say, I love how magically oriented the Bandit Horde is? Love us magic villains!
Yep. I initially expected a more equal divide between that and melee weapons but I don't blame you guys.

To be frank, magic is more fun to write. Maybe a magic build is more viable in this universe and your group figured it out? 8-)

fruityguy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by fruityguy »

Let me add to this magical assault, because I don't want this sly rogue sneaking off to free his friends later....

Command: Fire magic / Target: Dryden
Haha writing about guys squirming is a lot of fun~~~ ;) ;) ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic