The Files of Art. Inc.: The Hunt for the Lost Scrolls: Chapter 115 (25.03.2024) (FFFF/FFF/ MM/F)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Just a short notice: The next update will go online at some point today - stay tuned 😀
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]Trammel[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]Pantyhose971[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]Mineira1986[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention] [mention]TightsBound[/mention]

One hour later:

Amiably chatting Kate and Anna took the Elevator “Will Castle accompany you this evening?” the Russian asked the Investigator

“My dearest Husband can hardly wait to hear your account of the Attack on the Parade Ground first hand and he wants to hear a detailed briefing about the duel of Chris and von Winterfeldt. He is working on his latest Derek-Storm-novel you know – he is such a big child sometimes!” Kate smiled fondly.

“Apropos briefing” a wicked grin curled Anna´s lips “Did you tell Cancel by any chance about your Encounter with the sheep at the Ellenbogen, it might inspire him”

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=175
For the Incident Anna is referring to, read Chapters X and XI

The stare of Kate Beckett would have made many hardened criminals wetting their pants but Anna was unfazed.

“No, I did not tell him” Kate said very quietly “And beware, if any word, even one about this incident cross your lips, then the next time you wake up you will find yourself hogtied in the bear enclosure at the city zoo.” she pointed a finger at Anna´s still smiling face.

“My lips are sealed!” Anna reassured the American still smiling, but somewhat more nervously – Kate would not do that, or would she?

“Don´t tell me later I did not warn you!” Kate admonished her friend, with a lopsided smile. The elevator halted and they went down the Corridor to Chris´ and Anna´s lodgings. The Russian entered the code and opened the Door.

“Chris is already here.” Kate said with a look on Chris´ boots and boat. “Chris? Are you there?” No response. Anna tried it again, but no reaction. It was not like Chris not to respond to a call.

The two friends exchanged a concerned look. “Something is wrong” Anna stated “I agree” the Homicide Detective nodded. Kate drew her Glock, while Anna retrieved her piece from her Burberry Bag of Tricks.

Carefully they followed the long hallway. They checked every room, but did not find Chris. When they came nearer the Living Room Kate made a motion with her hand “Wait Anna! Do you hear that?”

The Russian listened intently. “This sounds like muffled laughter, heavily muffled laughter and the muted screams of a woman in heat.” she stated.

The two Friends entered the living room and stared in disbelief at the tableau which greeted them.

On the lush carpet lay Chris: A very tied up, very gagged, very sweaty and very dishevelled Chris, minus her shoes and skirt. Straining against the bonds of her hogtie like mad, she was desperately gasping for air, howling into her gag.

Two electric toothbrushes were taped against her soles and buzzing. Suddenly her body as another orgasm hit her became rigid a muted scream escaped her heavily gagged mouth. Her body became limp, her breathing only slightly returned to normal

Obviously she had sensed the Presence of Anna and Kate because she made an effort to turn in their direction. Tears streaked down her cheeks. What could be seen of her face was bright red. Starring wide eyed at them Chris made soft pleading sounds through her heavy gag.

The Pianist´s bulging cheeks told Kate and Anna all they need to know. “Anna go, get some bandage scissors!” Kate commanded. The Russian turned on her heels. Kate stooped down and switched off the devilish toothbrushes.

Chris sighed relieved and her body relaxed. Kate stroked her gently above the head. The shiny blonde mane was damp of sweat as was Chris´ whole body. The scent of arousal hang heavy in the air. “Everything will be okay, Chris” the Detective soothed her.

Anna returned with a combat knife and a pair of bandage scissors. Kate took the scissors and began carefully to cut through the multiple layers of tape which held the gag packing in, while Anna severed the hogtie rope. Chris sighed when she could stretch out her legs again.

In the meantime, Kate had cut away the Tape and Sock Combo and pulled carefully the soggy Gag packing out of Chris´ Mouth. She tried to say something, but the American pressed gently a finger against her lips. “Don´t speak, I will get you a glass of Water”

Suddenly the Devil´s Egg sprang into high gear and Chris began to moan and writhe. Anna reacted quickly. Resolutely, she pulled Chris´ hose and panties down and retrieved the Object of Torment which glistened with Chris´ Juices.

Chris´ sighed relieved as Anna righted her deranged and sweaty clothing. “Thank you” she whispered hoarsely. “I couldn't have stood another orgasm!” Kate returned from the kitchen with a glass of water. The blonde drank greedily “This was right about the time I thought I was losing my mind”

Ever the seasoned investigator Kate asked the question of questions “What happened, Chris?” The Pianist paused for a second “The more precise question would be who happened”

“Going out on a limb” Anna offered “I would say our dear friend Sarah payed you a visit”

“How did you know?” Chris smiled tired.

“Well, the Name springs to mind, if you find a tightly tied and gagged woman tormented by toothbrushes and vibrators on the Floor of your living room” Anna quipped.

“Smartass” Kate chided her playfully

“I will tell you everything, but now I am desperately in need of a hot Shower, we have a concert to play in three Hours” Moving not very gracefully Chris got to her feet, winced slightly and walked to the Bathroom. Kate noticed the rope Marks at her Wrists and on her legs.

“Will she be able to perform today?” the Detective voiced her concerns. “She will” Anna nodded sincerely. “It needs more to hinder Chris playing this Concert, much more”

In an afterthought the Russian added “This concert means much to her and to me. It is not like any other concert. And if Sarah wanted to make sure, that Chris will be at her level best today? She did”

30 Minutes later the Pianist finished her account after she had showered hot and long. Clad into her silken white PJ´s and a matching dressing gown she sat on the couch her legs folded under her, nursing a cup of green tea “And when I came around I lay on the floor hogtied and gagged, Sarah played a bit with me and left.”

“Will you let this simply stand?” Anna asked her

“No I won´t; I intend to repay her in kind” Chris smile was evil. “But not today, we will have a light meal and then get ready for the concert” she continued. “Will you stay with us Kate?”

“Sure thing” Kate confirmed, “I have my things in the Car and we will meet Castle and the team at Carnegie Hall and Anna?”

“Yes?”

“Be prepared that Espo might want to have a talk about Sniper Matters” she looked Anna straight in the face “And do not forget about the Conversation we had in the Elevator”

“How could I?” the Russian replied smirking feigning innocence “You know me!”

“Exactly” the American stated dryly “That´s why I reminded you”
TayDay95
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TayDay95 »

Great banter between the girls, it's wonderful to have our main trio back together getting into mischief. The descriptions of Chris' sexy predicament were extremely hot with just the right amount of detail.

Already looking forward to Chris' inevitable payback on Sarah 😏
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Why, who could possibly expect Chris to pay Sarah back for this?
Last edited by GreyLord 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Nice chapter.

Very realistic. Anna and Kate arrive and assume things could have gone wrong, until they find out it was the Dark Lady involved. The conversation changes from being in alert mode, to soothing their bound friend and then to the plans for the rest of the day, in a very natural and believable way.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

excellent descriped, very much to the detail both in technical as mental issues!
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Mineira1986 wrote: 1 year ago Nice chapter.

Very realistic. Anna and Kate arrive and assume things could have gone wrong, until they find out it was the Dark Lady involved. The conversation changes from being in alert mode, to soothing their bound friend and then to the plans for the rest of the day, in a very natural and believable way.
Thanks for the Comment @[mention]Mineira1986[/mention] - that was exactly what I wanted to achieve, I am glad it seemed to have worked out as planned :)

In the next update due to arrive Tuesday or Wednesday Castle will make his appearance :) And a few other People we know off - [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] will be delighted to see Hayley and Kirsty again. Thank you, that you allowed me to borrow your Characters :)
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]Trammel[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]Pantyhose971[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]Mineira1986[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]TightsBound[/mention]

Concert at Carnegie Hall Part 1

The Evening, Carnegie Hall, Main Entrance Foyer 57th Street Façade:

The spacious entrance hall of Carnegie Hall was buzzing with excitement like a bee hive. The concert of the renowned pianist Christine von der Marwitz and the equally famous violinist Anna Romanova was the event of the Season.

Everybody of any importance - imagined or real - was present. The gentlemen in black tuxedos, the ladies dressed up to the nines. There had been rumours about the program of the concert. It would begin with Chopin.

A touch of sensation filled the air because the strangest thing was: Only the name of the composer had been printed, not what composition of the Pole von der Marwitz would play.

Scuttlebutt had it that von der Marwitz would play a previously unknown composition of Chopin and the two musicians would play an unknown composition of Johannes Brahms together too, a sonata for violin and piano. So the expectations were high

Even if that had not been the case, a concert by those famous soloists was in any case an event not to be missed. All tickets had been sold in record time. And it was the personality of the pianist herself which added to the mix.

There had always been an air of mystery about von der Marwitz. She was known to be a very private person who valued her privacy much. Questions by journalists about her private life she mostly declined politely but firm.

In well informed circles it was known though, that there was a mysterious gap in her curriculum vitae around her 20th birthday. For nearly two years von der Marwitz had gone completely off the grid, after her Parents had died in a car crash in Italy. That the pianist was a strikingly beautiful woman had added to her mystery. Tall, blonde, and those emerald green Eyes.

Even fewer people knew that the woman, who played the piano like a reincarnation of Franz Liszt, wielded the katana like Miyamoto Musashi reborn and shot like Doc Holliday reincarnated.

And there was Anna Romanova: A real Grand Duchesse and a Grand Grand Niece of the late tsar Nicolas II. Descendant of one of the most renowned dynasties of old Europe, who played the violin like Paganini, the devil himself, and the Americans, loved that Story.

Well informed insiders knew that the tall, dark haired Russian with the fiery temperament was a qualified sniper, who could hit a Quarter Dollar Coin from 1000 Metres distance under any circumstances.

So it was no surprise that the foyer of Carnegie Hall was buzzing with Excitement.

Hayley and Kirsty stood in a corner of the foyer from which they could watch the spacious hall comfortably: As skilled operatives they had made sure they had not anyone in their back.

“You know” Kirsty said to Hayley “I have been on Metallica-Concerts, I was once in New Orleans on a jam session – but this is the first time I am on a classical concert”

Hayley grinned and took a sip of her champagne “Believe me, it will be fun, you heard Chris playing at the Safe-House and at Hurghadda, and she had not practised then, Anna told me that Chris exercised six or seven hours a day in the last weeks. This will be extraordinary!

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=950
Chris and her Friends give a concert, this is the final Chapter of the hunt: Fair wind and following seas

Besides: I love it watching people” She pointed on two Women: Both wore Dresses for which they were at least 20 Years too old. “Those two graces look like they have had one Botox Injection too many!” “At least one” Kirsty” grinned “Probably two! Cheers!” They clanked glasses.

Hayley scanned the area, then poked Kirsty in the ribs “See, there are Kate and Castle” And indeed: The crowd seemed to retreat like the Red Sea, when Moses parted the waves. The mystery writer and the detective were one of New York´s most prominent power couples.

Castle made quite the dashing figure in his black tuxedo, and Kate at his side was simply radiant. The Detective had piled her brown Mane in a stylish bun and wore a glittering silver evening gown and matching platform sandals.

She seemed not simply walk but to glide. Greeting people, she knew. How had Castle described himself? Hayley thought “Ruggedly handsome?” That he was indeed, she was fascinated by the entry the two made: the couple emanated harmony.

Kate beamed at Kirsty and Hayley “It is so good to see you! Hayley may I introduce you to my husband? “Castle, this is Hayley and Hayley this is Castle”

Ever the gentleman the author executed a perfect hand kiss “Your fame precedes you – and your father speaks most highly of you – at our weekly poker round” Kate poked him in the ribs

“Ouch, what was this for?” Castle winced.

“You know why” his wife returned sweetly “Castle, this is Kirsty, Kristy this is Castle!”

“My pleasure” the writer returned gallantly.

“Richard, darling, why don´t you get us some more Champagne?” Kate asked her husband, who understood this as his cue to leave the three Women alone.

“Tell me Kate” Hayley asked the detective “Did you meet Chris and Anna?”

“I did” Kate returned and gave a quick account of Chris´ encounter with the Dark Lady.

“She did what?” Hayley exclaimed incredulously when Kate had finished.

“Yes, she knocked her out, tied her up, inserted an vibrating Egg in her pussy and taped electric toothbrushes against her soles” Kate confirmed.

Carnegie Hall: Backstage:

“How are you Chris?” Anna asked her friend giving her the once over. The Pianist seemed to have recovered from her Encounter with their nemesis. Her relationship with the Thief was volatile. Anna herself had had the dubious pleasure of being pranked by Sarah McKenzie in the Alps, but her revenge at the Red Sea had been epic. The violinist smiled at the memory.

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=925
This is the incident Anna has in mind: Look for Anna´s revenge Parts I and II

“I am fine Anna, believe me” the Pianist reassured the violinist warmly “Well, there are a few rope marks”; she looked at her Wrists, where faded Rope Marks still could be seen, if you knew where to look

“and I am a little sore in other places” she smiled ruefully “Besides that I am remarkably relaxed and I look forward to our concert, but believe me, Sarah will pay for that – but that has to wait”

The Russian nodded.

“10 Minutes Miss von der Marwitz and Miss Romanova“, a voice sounded through the Intercom.

“But when this concert is over we repay her?” the Russian smiled.

“Then we repay her in spades” Chris stated.

And a small smile curled the Pianist´s lips.

“O yes, we will repay her” Chris confirmed “She will rue the day she taped those toothbrushes to my soles!”

Behind the Curtain, ten Minutes later:

Rachel Weinstein, Chris and Anna were waiting behind the curtains. They could hear the whispers, the rustling of paper – all the typical sounds before the artists enter the stage.

Chris sensed the air of expectation outside, could nearly grasp it with her hands. While she was excited, she felt entirely calm.

This would be the first time she would play the Chopin von Winterfeldt had wanted her to play for him, which she had taken with her, when she and Sophie managed to escape their captor, in public.

Von Winterfeldt had paid a steep price for that and other sins. She had taken care of that. And a grim smile crossed her lips.

As final piece she and Anna would play the Brahms they retrieved from the safe in von Winterfeldt´s Office.

On the Podium:

As Sir Clive Gillinson, the Executive and Artistic Director of Carnegie Hall, entered the stage, the excited crowd fell silent.

“My dear ladies and gentlemen, it is a great honour and an immense pleasure to welcome you all to this event extraordinaire” he addressed his audience using his well-modulated Baritone to best effect.

He paused and the audience applauded.

“On this special occasion two of the world´s leading Artists will present us with an extraordinary Gift”

More applause and shouts of bravo: The audience was already giddy with excitement before Chris and Anna had played a single note.

“This event would not have been possible without the patronage of Rachel Weinstein; she and her family have been patrons of Carnegie Hall for Decades. Let us welcome Rachel Weinstein, Christine von der Marwitz and Grand Duchesse Anna Romanova!”

Applause branded up like thunder.

Sir Clive surely knew how to handle his audience.

Behind the Curtain

Rachel Weinstein touched Christine gently on her left shoulder and smiled at her warmly “It is time Christine”

“It is time indeed” Chris replied firmly and she, Anna and Rachel entered the stage and stepped into the limelight. They were met with tremendous applause. The two Musicians bowed.

On the Podium:

Ever the well-mannered gentleman Gillinson greeted the three women with a perfect hand-kiss “Dear Rachel would you grace us with a few words”

“Of course, my dear Clive” Rachel beamed at him, took the Mike and turned to the Audience.

“My dear ladies and gentlemen! As Sir Clive already said we will all bearing witness to an event extraordinaire”

Applause again

“But first and foremost, we have to thank Christine von der Marwitz, Anna Romanova and their Friends”

She smiled warmly at Chris and Anna.

The crowd fell silent

“We have to thank them for their dedication, their perseverance and their courage. Without them this event would never have been possible. But I think we should let the music speak now! Christine, if you would please?” Smiling warmly Chris bowed and walked to Rachel Weinstein. She felt all eyes resting on her every move. The Artist took a deep breath, before she addressed their audience:

“Dear Rachel, thank you for your warm words. Much they mean to Anna and me, much they mean to Kate, to Hayley, to Kirsty, to Sophie and to Sarah! Even if they are not on Stage today, they deserve as much applause as Anna and I do” Christine paused as another rousing round of applause interrupted her.

“Believe me, I won´t bore you with a long winded speech, but some more words are necessary. I guess you all wondered what piece of Chopin you will hear tonight”

In the Silence one could have heard a needle falling.

“Today” Chris spoke loud and clear “Today I and Anna” she bowed slightly to her friend “have the great honour to bring music to live, which has never been heard before in Public for nearly two centuries, Music that belongs to the world, music which is the world. There is a story to this and you will hear that story in the future.” She smiled enigmatically “But not today!”

Excited murmurs

Chris continued:

“You all know, that Chopin graced us with four ballades, today though you will hear Chopin´s ballade Number five in b-minor and a previously unknown Sonata for Violin and Piano by Brahms in c-minor”

She paused again, let the words sink in.

“But as you Rachel” she turned smiling to the heiress “put it so eloquently: let the Music speak!”

Under the immense applause of the audience Chris strode to the grand piano, while Rachel, Anna and Sir Clive left the Stage. She sat and adjusted the piano seat, adjusted her gown. Chris had tuned the Piano yesterday and today to her touch. The grand piano, a Fazioli, was in perfect condition.

Chris closed her eyes and let her hands rest on the keyboard, inhaled deeply – and in that moment the world around her ceased to exist. She felt an intense connection to the Audience. Chris stroked the first keys with her right lightly and a fragile melody blossomed under her fingers, her touch clear, transparent and radiant.

Sarah McKenzie listened in awe. True, she had heard Chris´ playing a few times. But this was entirely different. Those occasions had been intimate but now even more than at the safe-house she had the feeling attending Holy Mass and she could feel Chris´ aura, the calm Power which the blonde exuded. The crowd had seemed mesmerized before the Pianist had played even a single Note.

When Chris started to play the first notes, she seemed barely to touch the keyboard, but every tone stood clear in the great Hall, filled it. And this was the first moment, when the Dark Lady realized who and what Chris really was. Christine was the high priestess of music. And this was her Congregation.

Chris played with closed eyes. She had reached a trance like State where the immense technical difficulties of the Music simply did not count. There was not the music and her. Chris was the music, Chris was its vessel; she could feel her audience. 2000 People following her every move, under her spell.

Anna had heard Chris play a thousand times, while rehearsing, for fun and on Stage, when she was happy and when she was sad. But this was a special moment: she had the feeling that for Chris this was closure. She had ripped the Chopin from von Winterfeldt´s greedy hands and now given this music back to the world, where it belonged.

What had Chris´ Tutor and fatherly friend, Sensei Nakamura once said to Chris? “You have so much to give to the world. Start giving” In moments like these, here in Carnegie Hall, Chris gave herself, totally, without any reservation:

Unknown location, the same time:

The man on the Sofa watched at the large plasma Screen and listened intently to the Music which streamed from the High-End-Sound-System crystal clear. The Broadcast was from New York, Carnegie Hall. He had to admit that the performance of the Artist was extraordinary.

Christine von der Marwitz played Chopin. His Chopin, his hand clenched tightly around the whiskey tumbler in his left hand. His knuckles got white. Christine von der Marwitz had taken it from him and so much more.

He had offered her a life at his side and she had betrayed him. She had disfigured and dismembered him. She had reduced him to a mere shadow of his former self.

He remembered the searing pain as her katana had hit his face; he remembered when her blade had severed his right hand, when it had flown through the air, he remembered when the sword had severed his earlobe.

Christine von der Marwitz would pay. Her Friends would pay. All who had helped them would pay. And he imagined himself torturing Christine. Naked, bound into a cruel strappado, how the whip would bite into her skin – and at last he would maim her hands.

He imagined the look on her face, when he would first maim, then sever her hands. And then he would take her, till she would beg for mercy. And then he would kill her.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

whooooohooohoooo! No way! You cannot cut off the hands! No way!

(Btw.: excellent set up - loving it!)
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

You have rendered an awesome, spiritual chapter even though it is laced with a terrible threat at the end. Great work, [mention]Caesar73[/mention].
Spy Task Force Completed
Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

You know I recently started reading a book by an author called Clive Cusslar. The often acclaimed master of adventure. And I suddenly realise you could safely be put right up there along side him on the shelf. Just your tales thankfully feature a hell of a lot more bondage ;).

Keep up the great work my friend. Awesome as always
banshee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by banshee »

Didn't expected to see him back, seems like he hasn't got enough
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Mmm... not a big fan of von Winterfeldt's return. I was hoping for another villain, because Carl von Winterfeldt, in his prime, with his hands intacts and all his resources, wasn't a match for Christine by a big difference.

The idea of hurting what Christine cares most is interesting, though. Not sure if it will end with hands maimed because that would be taking a huge risk for the author but it would be really great for a character development (Jaime Lannister, anyone?), specially since Christine ended up a big OP character with pretty much nothing to challenge her at the end.

Other than that, the chapter is great. It's all focused on the concert, not much distractions from that, just characters catching up with each other and the presentation of the lost work of Chopin. Really great, one can really identify how the chapter flows naturally again, like last chapter. Good work!
TayDay95
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TayDay95 »

Should've known Von Winterfeldt wouldn't just sink into obscurity and not want revenge. I do kinda have to agree with Mineira though, I do hope there's a new main villain if only to shake things up. That being said I have total faith in your storytelling abilities Caesar, and I'm gonna wait before jumping to conclusions.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Excellent story so far, and I agree with Mineira1986, not sure I would like von Winterfeldt back, but don't let that distract you from your story.
The detail, as always is exquisite, and it is fun to read about all these characters you integrated into this story.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention] [mention]Mineira1986[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention]

Thank you all for your comments and support!

[mention]Bandit666[/mention] Funny that you mention Clive Cussler - I have read almost all of his Dirk-Pitt-Novels, if I think, he may have influenced me.

My friends, if von Winterfeldt will act on his desire for revenge it is unclear at this point. One thing is clear though: If he had ever feelings for Chris, they are gone. He hates her and his desire for revenge is strong.

What happens after the Concert remains to be seen :) But the concert is not finished - there will be a festive Dinner afterwards, and then? We will see :)

The next update is due on Saturday - so stay tuned
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Mineira1986 wrote: 1 year ago
The idea of hurting what Christine cares most is interesting, though. Not sure if it will end with hands maimed because that would be taking a huge risk for the author but it would be really great for a character development (Jaime Lannister, anyone?), specially since Christine ended up a big OP character with pretty much nothing to challenge her at the end.
We will see what von Winterfeldt will do or not do - but such a challenge would have much potential for developing Chris´ Character further. So we will see, where this goes :) I think it takes courages as an author to do such a drastic step. Jaime Lanninster is a good example, another one is the Character of Detective Inspector Lynley by Elizabeth George. She "killed" Lynley´s Wife a few Novels ago. With devasting Consequences for Lynley.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]Switcher1313[/mention] [mention]Trammel[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention] [mention]Mineira1986[/mention] [mention]Pantyhose971[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention]

Concert Carnegie Hall Part 2:

Carnegie Hall later:

The last part of the ballade was a storm on the keyboard and Chris unleashed its power. A thundering scale downwards the keyboard, from the highest descant to the deepest bass, then one powerful accord, with both hands. And it was over.

She let her hands rest on the keyboard. Stunned silence. Time passed. One minute, two minutes? And then a storm of applause broke loose. Shouts of bravo, Chris stood and turned to the audience, bowing.

Minutes later: Chris basked in the enthusiastic applause of an ecstatic audience still and bowed again. Due to the bright spotlight, she could not see more than the first two or three rows.

When she bowed again, her eyes met the beaming face of the Dark Lady. She beamed back – and at that moment she meant it. What happened in the afternoon had no meaning now – but a thought crossed her mind, and a plan took shape.

The Pianist went back to the piano and sat. The applause died down as Chris announced: “As an encore I will play now Rachmaninov´s Prelude op. 23/5 in g-minor” Riding on a wave of enthusiasm Chris throw all caution out of the Window as she thundered the full accords of the Prelude into the keyboard. This was bliss. This was what she lived for.

[urll][/url]

Yuja Wang plays Rachmaninov´s Prelude op. 23/5 in g-minor

After the encore she played Robert Schumann´s Symphonic Etudes – one of the pieces she liked the most. She was just in the flow now. Anything was possible. When she had finished, the audience seemed to go crazy. She bowed a final time, smiling broadly.

Behind the curtains Anna was already waiting. The two friends hugged each other tightly and Chris whispered something in Anna´s ear and Anna smiled. The Russian took her Stradivari and the bow and went out on the stage. She was met by a wave of applause. Chris went down to their waiting room to follow the concert on the large plasma screen.

When she was alone she retrieved her smartphone and selected a contact. After the third ring the person on the other line answered, “Hi, it´s me – I need you to find somebody for me here in New York, ASAP!” After five minutes she ended the call – and a broad smile crossed her lips, another thought crossed her mind, and she texted Kate.

Out on the stage Anna had captured her audience with a tremendous performance of Paganini´s Capriccios. With rapt attention the audience followed this wild ride: Anna´s technique was flawless as ever, but it was her fiery temperament that enthralled them.

After the intermission, Anna and Chris played the Brahms-Sonata together. It was fascinating to watch the two friends, Kate thought. There seemed to be such an intense connection between the two musicians.

The other seemed always to know what the other would do, before it actually happened. There were those small gestures, looks, subtle motions, smiles. Anna and Chris loved what they were doing and every note they played conveyed that.

When Kate had listened to some conversations during the intermission, Chris and Anna had impressed the male part of the audience not only by their music. In one of her trademark concert dresses, a red evening gown, which left her shoulders bare, her long black Hair piled stylishly atop her head, the Russian was quite the looker, while Chris had opted for a dress in a light blue:

Even her husband seemed not to have been totally immune against Chris´ charms, especially, when she had bowed and graced him with a perfect view of her décolleté.

Kirsty, Haley, she and Castle had met Danny, Espo and Lanie. Kate could tell that Danny and Espo had been blown away by the two Musicians too. Chris had taken care that they all had the best places one could get in the Isaac-Stern-Auditorium. That meant over 200 dollars for each ticket.

The Concert closed with the famous Kreutzer-Sonata, one of the pieces Anna and Chris loved playing most. But the crowd did not let the musicians of the hook so easily and the two musicians accommodated their audience gladly.

Four Encores and many curtains later Chris and Anna finally retreated backstage. The last Encore had left a stunned audience. Rachmaninov´s famous Vocalise set for violin and piano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He69Ei2xvPc
Timothy Chooi plays Rachmaninov´s Vocalise

Anna beamed at Chris and the Pianist could not hide a smile “Anna you are glowing like a chandelier!”

“You too!” the Russian retorted, not angry in the slightest “This is better than sex!” she exclaimed then added in after thought “I hope the dinner is a match for our performance, I am famished”

“You are incorrigible” Chris teased her. “But Rachel told me, the menu will be splendid”

“It better be, Anna stated “We worked hard!” “And had fun” Chris added smiling – and the Violinist smiled back “That we had”

30 Minutes later: Rohatyn Room:

Carnegie Hall: The Rohatyn Room

Castle had commandeered a round table for all of them. The after-concert-banquet was one of those meet and greet events Kate skipped whenever she could. She scanned the room, with the trained eye of the investigator:

The Rohatyn Room was decorated elegantly with rich hardwood panelling and brass trim. Oversized posters of noteworthy concerts that had taken place at Carnegie Hall lined the walls Waiters and waitresses were going around with silver trays, laden with champagne flutes and hors d´oeuvres.

Now everybody waited for the stars of the evening. And the two ladies took their time, partly to get out of the high heels for a short time, Kate guessed.

“Our great musicians let their humble audience wait, don´t you think?” Kirsty asked Kate grinning

“I understand them perfectly. Probably they want a little breather, before they throw themselves in this pool of sharks. I wouldn't want to swap places with them for any money in the World”, the Detective replied with just a hint of sarcasm.

Suddenly as cut off with a knife the chatter, the clanking of glasses died down and the room fell silent. All heads turned to the entrance doors. There stood Chris and Anna.

The Friends had changed: Chris into a glittering golden dress, which looked very much like a dress, the Duchess of Cambridge had worn at the premiere of the latest James-Bond-movie, while Anna had changed into an asymmetric black gown, which left her right shoulder bare. The gown had a long slit at the right side from her Ankle nearly to the Top of her Thigh. She had black platform sandals from Jimmy Choo at her feet.

An amused smile curled the Russians´ lips as she exchanged a look with Chris. “We will rock this show” she whispered, all smiles beaming at the guests. “You bet” the Pianist returned smiling.

“You can close your mouth now and stop drooling Castle” Kate jabbed her husband in the Ribs.

“Those two definitely know how to make an entrance” Laine stated. A rousing applause broke the spell, as the two musicians strode gracefully to their table, graciously greeting to the right and to the left, all smiles.

Two waiters appeared out of thin air and pulled their seats back, so that Anna and Chris could sit comfortably. The Pianist beamed at their friends. “It is soo good to see you again!” Out of nowhere a new round of champagne flutes seemed to materialize itself in front of each of them.

“Shouldn't you two sit at table with all the patrons and other important people?” Hayley asked the pianist

“No, I declined politely”

“What Chris means is that she told Rachel flatly that she had no interest in being bored to death by meaningless small talk” Anna chimed in.

“You didn't” Kate grinned

“I did” Chris smiled too. “Spending time with you guys is much more important”

“And way more fun!” Anna seconded. Chris raised her glass “To you!”

“To you!” the others chorused.

“Hopefully they will serve the first Course soon – I am starving” Anna stated.

Kate smiled “Some things never change”

They didn't have to wait long – and for a while they ate in Silence.

Laine looked intrigued at faint circular marks on Chris´s wrists. They had nearly faded but were clearly visible to her trained eye. She looked up and saw Chris looking at her - obviously the Pianist was slightly amused “Are these marks what I think they are?”

“You mean rope marks?” Chris chuckled.

“Yes, rope marks” Laine was unfazed.

“Indeed those are rope marks” the pianist smiled broadly. All conversations at the table had stopped. Kate and Anna, Hayley and Kirsty were clearly amused.

Castle looked intrigued and gave his wife a glance, which she overlooked, Danny had red ears and Espo looked intrigued too.

Lanie wagged a finger at him “Don´t you get any funny Ideas Javier Esposito!”

“Me? Never!” Javier feigned innocence “You know me”

Castle cleared his throat, obviously searching for the right words “How did you get those rope marks? You know Chris as a writer I always do thorough research”

“Research?” Kate´s Eyebrows shot up “Yes research” Castle repeated undeterred. Under the Table Kate stepped with one heel purposefully on her husband´s foot. Castle winced.

“No problem Kate” the Pianist smiled “I will give you the short version” she told the others “After lunch I got ambushed in our apartment, knocked out and tied up. Two hours later Kate and Anna freed me, that´s the whole story”

Castle seemed on the verge of posing another question, but a stern look from his wife stopped him. Inwardly Kate had to smile, when she thought about what Chris had left out.

“Ah, there comes the dessert!” Anna´s Face brightened up.

“Good evening, is this seat taken?” They all knew the speaker: Sarah McKenzie. The woman had some nerve Anna had to admit, she was curious how Chris would react

“Naturally” Chris smiled at her. “Do have a seat Sarah! As it happened we just talked about what happened in my apartment today. I was ambushed and tied up, can´t you believe it?”

“How shocking!” the thief acted surprised.

Kate was fascinated: If you didn't know the two women very closely, this conversation would have seemed perfectly normal. The barely noticeable glitter in Chris´ eyes was the only hint, that there was more to that exchange than it appeared. She thought about Chris´ message she had texted her. Obviously Chris was already making Plans.

The Dark Lady noticed that the Latino-detective appraised her intently. “Do we know each other? I am sure I have seen your face somewhere!”

“I am sure you are confusing me with somebody else” the thief smiled, enjoying the dubious look on Esposito´s face.

The Conversation turned to other topics – as Castle pressed Chris for a first-hand account of her final duel with von Winterfeldt and peppered her with questions about kenjitsu and iaijitsu. And Chris answered with never ending patience, clearly amused by the writer´s fascination, for which the Detective admired her.

Kate smiled warmly as she followed the conversation: Castle imitating Chris´s strokes and parries, nearly knocking down any glasses on the tables.

“Kate?” Lanie interrupted her train of thought

“Yes?”

“The account Christine gave us about what transpired in their apartment, was not the complete story, wasn´t it?”

“My Lips are sealed” Kate smiled. “Chris would kill me, with her katana if I told you”.

“Too bad” her BBF grinned. “Is she really that good with the blade?”

“After I have seen her wielding the blade during the Hunt?” Kate replied, thinking for a moment “She is better” and she remembered Chris´ duel with Stromberg, the duel with von Winterfeldt. Kate became serious “You would not want to cross her, when she draws that Blade”

Javi and Anna were in deep conversation about sniper lore. Anna had just described as she had taken out the executioner at the parade ground at the Adlernest. Esposito had asked her about the conditions, the distance. “That was a hell of a shot.” he concluded.

Anna´s thoughts wandered back to a moment a few months ago in the Alps, near the renner-mountain pass:

Anna followed the Proceedings through her Scope. The Russian found it hard to focus; the punishment of Gablenz reminded her of the torture she had had to endure in Nuremberg.

It took Anna every ounce of will power to concentrate on the task at hand as Stroke after Stroke hit Sieglinde Gablenz´ back beginning at her shoulders slowly moving down across her back, then her buttocks, then her thighs.

Her executioner dispatched her duties without emotion or even breaking a sweat. Like an exercise.

“Anna?” She heard Chris´ Voice in her ears, her friend sounded cool even detached, but that was only at the surface, she knew. “Yes Chris?”

“It's Time to reach out and touch somebody.” Chris said evenly though feeling every strike on Sieglindes body, as if the whip hit her own back. A cold fury coursed through her veins, strengthening her resolve.

“Will do” Anna confirmed. The Russian concentrated, took careful aim then squeezed the trigger slowly.

Sieglinde was barely conscious by now. She heard the crack and awaited the next stroke. Instead her reward was a cry of Pain then a spray of warm liquid sprayed on her back.

Susanne von Stülpnagel could not believe her eyes: The Valkyrie whipping Gablenz was wheeled around by a gigantic fist then the woman crashed to the floor. Wailing and thrashing around on the floor, her shoulder a bloody mess

“Anna? That was a hell of a shot” Espo repeated his statement. Anna snapped back to reality and demurred, her cheeks reddening a bit “I was lucky” “Not in my book” the homicide detective stated firmly “Luck has nothing to do with that. Where did you learn to shoot anyway?”

The Russian took a sip of champagne “Back in Russia” “My grandfather had a dacha outside St. Petersburg. He taught me how to hunt, beginning when I was twelve. He presented me with my first rifle, the gun of his father, a Mosin-Nagant, who had been a sniper at Stalingrad. I trained later with Russian Special Forces” Javier was impressed – and saw the violinist with different Eyes now.

Anna added “I still own that gun – and it is precious to me and I shoot with it regularly – and it never fails me”

Espo let that sink in before he asked the Russian:

“Tell me Anna, who is Sarah McKenzie? She seems familiar to me”

Anna grinned “Maybe from the most-wanted-list?” she offered with a lopsided smile “But she has made some atonements for her former sins – and arresting her here, would spoil the mood slightly”

The Detective was not satisfied. “Mood is not important here. If the woman is a criminal we will arrest her”

Anna smiled still “Believe me, that is not the time or place. And Sarah has friends in high Places. Ask Kate before you act, right?”

The two stared at each other for a time. Then Esposito nodded “Right, for now.”

The hours passed by and it was around 0200 after midnight when Chris entered the code for their apartment, as soon as they had hung their Coats up, Anna slipped her high heeled sandals off and Chris followed suit. On their stockinged feet, they tapped into the living Room.

“Up for a night cap?” Chris asked Anna who had herself thrown onto the couch and propped her feet on the Table, flexing her feet and sighing contently. “Missing your birkenstocks?” Chris teased her.

“Don't tell me your feet are not killing you as well” the Russian chided her friend

“Actually they do” the blonde conceded “Grappa or whiskey?”

“Vodka would be fine!” The Russian replied “Without Ice”

Christine prepared the drinks, one cognac for her and the vodka for Anna, then threw herself next to her friend on the couch and sighed as she propped up her nyloned soles on the table beside Anna's and wiggled her toes.

“Cheers!” They clanked glasses and drank and Chris let the Cognac swirl around in the Crystal Goblet “What a day!”

“Indeed” Anna returned. For a minute or two neither of the two spoke. “You have already made a plan to repay Sarah” Anna said. It was a statement not a question.

“That I have” Chris smiled wickedly “That I have”
Last edited by Caesar73 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

You have skillfully polished this chapter to the finest gloss possible, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. Your selection of Yuja Wang playing Rachmaninov was inspired. Your description of the concert was fantastic. Then your segue into the dinner and the flashback to the assault linked this story to your previous one. Great work, so well done.
Spy Task Force Completed
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

I have to agree with [mention]GreyLord[/mention], well executed chapter. And the YouTube video's add atmosphere to the story.
Looking forward to where this story is going.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago I have to agree with @GreyLord, well executed chapter. And the YouTube video's add atmosphere to the story.
Looking forward to where this story is going.
Thank you [mention]slackywacky[/mention] and [mention]GreyLord[/mention] for your kind words :)

To answer your question [mention]slackywacky[/mention] - you will get a hint in the next update in a conversation of Rachel Weinstein and Chris and in the update after that, the Story will picking up steam for real and the stage will be set :) Buckle up :)
TayDay95
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TayDay95 »

Man, I felt like such a pleb reading this chapter 😂

More great character moments and banter which was great to see, eager to see where these characters go from here as I'm sure we're still setting up the story 🙂
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

TayDay95 wrote: 1 year ago Man, I felt like such a pleb reading this chapter 😂

More great character moments and banter which was great to see, eager to see where these characters go from here as I'm sure we're still setting up the story 🙂
Thank you [mention]TayDay95[/mention] :) What I can tell you, the first Arc will come to a close soon - the next update will commence on Tuesday or Thursday. Keep in mind: Chris has made plans with a certain Canadian :)
Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

What a fantastic inclusion of the YouTube video to highlight the tale as it progresses during this latest chapter. And the talk of rope marks and interaction. Top notch as always. A great read as we’ve all come to expect. Keep it up
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Bandit666 wrote: 1 year ago What a fantastic inclusion of the YouTube video to highlight the tale as it progresses during this latest chapter. And the talk of rope marks and interaction. Top notch as always. A great read as we’ve all come to expect. Keep it up
Dear [mention]Bandit666[/mention] thank you. The Conversation about rope marks and the other conversations were fun to write. And I imagine that Castle got one inspiration of two not only for his novels but for a game of bondage with Kate - who knows? Maybe Anna tells him what happened at Sylt, when Kate had close contact with a sheep? Everything is possible :)

The next update will probably online this evening MEST.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic