The Files of Art. Inc.: The Hunt for the Lost Scrolls: Chapter 114 (18.03.2024) (FFFF/FFF/ MM/F)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

A short notice: The next update is due on Wednesday - I can promise you action. Lots of it :) It might even get explosive, you may know the Song of Roxette: "Crash. Boom. Bang" :)
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago A short notice: The next update is due on Wednesday - I can promise you action. Lots of it :) It might even get explosive, you may know the Song of Roxette: "Crash. Boom. Bang" :)
Teaser!
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago
Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago A short notice: The next update is due on Wednesday - I can promise you action. Lots of it :) It might even get explosive, you may know the Song of Roxette: "Crash. Boom. Bang" :)
Teaser!
Guilty as charged :) But I learned from the best - among them a certin guy who goes by [mention]slackywacky[/mention] :)
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago among them a certin guy who goes by @slackywacky :)
Oh, yeah, heard about him... :lol:

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago
Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago among them a certin guy who goes by @slackywacky :)
Oh, yeah, heard about him... :lol:
Oh really? He is a really jolly good fellow I have been told :)
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]Trammel[/mention] l [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention] [mention]TightsBound[/mention] [mention]Pantyhose971[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]NotSeen[/mention] [mention]Mineira1986[/mention] [mention]BlissfulMisery[/mention]

Roxette said it all: Crash. Boom. Bang :)

Skaill Manor: Dining Hall

The opening of the large Entrance Door to the Dining Hall shook Melissa out of her stupor. Her eyes went wide above her Gag: Lady Barbara stumbled into the room, dishevelled, sporting a large ball gag, bare breasted, Wrists and Elbows tightly tied behind her back.

In her wake the cruel Egyptian, her second in Command and another of those assassins. Anck-Sun-Amun smiled at them “Ladies don´t look so glum I have good news for you! I and Babsie had a very constructive conversation” she slapped Barbara almost casually on her already sore rump “and I thank you all for your cooperation. We will make the Lady of the House a little more comfortable, leave each of you a token of our friendship and take our leave then! What do you think?” Her audience just stared back at her. On their faces the Egyptian registered mixed emotions: Relief, anger and resignation- and fear. She turned to Nofret and nodded.

“Yes High Priestess?” her Second asked politely “Please make our good host more comfortable, she must be terribly tired, the poor thing!” her Boss replied with mocked compassion.

Nofret followed the order to the letter: Soon Lady Barbara Callahan found herself tightly hogtied on the Floor, her Toes bound back to her Elbows and her braided hair, forcing her to stare ahead. The whole backside of her Body was one Pain. She was so spent, that she didn´t resist in any way.

Meanwhile the other Assassins presented each captive with a “token of their esteem”: Evil looking nipple clamps, with small weights, the captives protested into her gags, but protest seemed only to amuse their handlers. Anck-Sun-Amun strode to the Eastern Wall and pressed a Panel. A soft click and a rectangular Gateway opened.

To her Guests the Egyptian explained “Lady Barbara was so kind to show us a secret Gateway and now …”

With an ear deafening bang the door flew out of its hinges. Chris followed by her Companions charged into the room, their Weapons trained at their Opponents.

“Miss von der Marwitz, it is so good to see you again! I advise you not to fire your Guns though: We turned up the Gas” the Egyptian sounded almost pleasantly

“I would like to stay to have a chat with you, but we have a train to catch” The Egyptian hurled something at their opponents. Smoke filled the Room “After me!” Anck-Sun-Amun shouted “Ahotep! Cover us! Block the doorway!”

The smoke cleared. Anck-Sun-Amun and her assassins had vanished. In the doorway stood the giantess blocking it with her body, wielding a Khopesh, the ancient blade glittering in the light. Chris was tall, but the woman blocking the doorway was a giant, well over seven feet tall, all muscles and sinuses – no fat.

There was only one option. Chris laid her gun down and drew her katana. Inwardly she cursed; with every second the possibility that Anck-Sun-Amun would escape with the scroll rose. Out of the corner of her eyes she registered that the Dark Lady made a call, probably Evie she mused. The Egyptologist had to know where the gas could be turned off.

Firmly she grabbed her sword with both hands and strode at the giantess who mustered her with cold calculating eyes. Her opponent was not only muscles and no brain. The Egyptian had gripped her Sword with both Hands, ready to strike. Both women mustered each other. No one blinked. Chris saluted her opponent with her blade and bowed. The Egyptian returned the gesture then stood silent again, calmly awaiting Chris´ attack. She radiated a calm strength.

A Khopesh was a weapon Chris had only read about. The curved blade could be used to block an opponent´s weapon or rip it from his hand.

The pianist stepped forward. Her blade poised to strike. With enormous effort Chris willed the fact that Anck-Sun-Amun was gaining ground with every passing second into the most secluded chamber of her brain.

“You can still leave!” she addressed her opponent. The giantess just stared back. “So be it then” the blonde gripped her katana firmly. This obstacle would not stand in her way.

Chris´ first overhand strike was blocked by the curved blade, she twisted the blade swiftly too shake it free. The pianist stepped back and attacked again. Attack and counterattack followed, several times. The strokes of her adversary were not only powerful but precise and controlled. Both opponents went through the opening stages of a duel testing the strengths and weaknesses of their adversary.

The Egyptian could not swing her blade freely, but behind her next stroke was much power. Only a lightning quick step to the left saved Chris, as her opponents blade cut with an ominous swish through the empty space she had just stood before.

Chris saluted her opponent with a little smile. The giantess remained stoic though. “You should try to smile at times” Chris grinned “It does not hurt” No reaction. Chris raised her blade again. Time seemed to stand still.

They traded several more blows. Chris had landed a superficial hit, which resulted in an deep ugly gash in her opponents face, above the left brow – but had been hit in return, it was a superficial cut above her left brow – another blow grazed her right shoulder and left a shallow gash. The Egyptian firmly held her ground and stood like an impenetrable wall of muscle and flesh in the doorway.

Chris attacked again with a sequence of quick strokes, she had trained many times – it ended with a blow to the head and a quick thrust to the chest when the opponent tried to fend of the blow to the head. The Egyptian parried the blow to the head almost effortless – and was quick enough to block Chris´ thrust to her breast – barely, but she did it. The blonde stepped back out of the range of the giantess. Against her will she was impressed.

Her opponent stayed on the defensive but she needn´t to do anything different. Though the blonde had a lot of different strikes at her disposal the tactical situation limited her options severely.

And the giantess was good, very good, Chris had to admit grudgingly: Nimble on her feet, very good reflexes and she was patient; the blonde had tried more than once to draw her opponent out, without success. The Egyptian possessed of course the advantage of greater range. Chris stood a step back, after another blocked attack and took a deep breath. The Egyptian let her never out of her sights.

Chris was frustrated, she was severely tempted to storm like a berserk at her opponent but blind fury would get her nothing. In her head she heard the stern but warm voice of Sensei Nakamura who had been like a father to her after her parents had died in a car crash in Italy “Concentrate Christine-San. Control your feelings! Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Focus and let the blade guide you” And her Sensei was gone.

Chris stepped back - blended it all out. The sounds. The noises. As if her surroundings were covered by a blanket of black silk. Now there was only the blade and her. Chris was the blade. The five hundred years old blade, made of over a hundred times folded steel was part of her “I am the blade” What happened now happened so fast that no human eye could follow.

Thought and Action was one. She stepped forward and thrusted her blade forward, evading the Khopesh and cutting effortlessly through flesh and bone and through her opponents heart. Her sharp battle cry “Kiaii!” rang through the air.

The Giantess Eyes widened as the sharp blade of the katana hit her, her fingers became limb and her blade clattered to the floor, and sank to the ground.

In wonder and amazement everyone starred at her.

Chris turned around registering all eyes resting on her “What is it?” she barked “Kirsty and Sarah follow me!” That broke the spell. The Briton and the Canadian hurried to the blonde so commanding was the pianist´s presence. Neither of them spoke a word. Both had seen many a thing. But they just followed Chris.

Determined the pianist stepped over the fallen body of Chris´ adversary and hurried down the dimly lit Passageway, followed by Kirsty and Sarah … Chris did not even look down on the corpse. She was all purpose and determination.

Skara Brae:

Kate listened to Sophie “Okay we will be ready” and ended the Call “We should be prepared for enemy-Contact. Chris and the others couldn´t pursue them at once, Chris had to remove an obstacle first”

“So it is just us for the time being” Anna concluded as she scanned the small cove in 300 metres distance “This dammed wind makes it difficult to hold the rifle steady” she cursed under her breath, so far nothing could be seen on the beach.

The north-western wind was strong. Anna had difficulties to hold the rifle steady and Kate could barely see a thing through her scopes. Evie watched Anna and Kate intently. They seemed calm. She herself felt restless. Lying in wait on a beach on the Orkneys? She would not have dreamt of it days ago. Anna and Kate were an interesting pair, the violinist and the captain.

She on the other hand was used to dig in the desert not to be part of a scouting party, she felt on one side totally out of her depth but on the other part pride to be part of this “band of brothers” – “Sisters” she corrected herself with a small smile. Shakespeare´s Henry V. wouldn´t have known a thing about amazons like Chris, Anna or Kirsty.

Suddenly Kate listened intently “Do you hear that Anna?” The Russian concentrated, there was indeed something: there were the sounds of the Sea, the breeze – and something else “Sounds like Engines” Kate added “Yes, that´s how they got here in the first place”

At the same Moment two things happened simultaneously: Out of the Darkness appeared the lines of a large yacht, which stopped roughly 100 Metres from the shore line, a large commando boat was hoisted into the water and navigated to the beach.

Kate scanned the beach again. There! Down there at the Cliff an opening appeared and several dark shadows stepped out on the beach. All in all Kate counted nine figures, which ran down to the surf, not in a straight line but zig zagging.

“Clever” Anna thought, while she tried to get a clear shot. She squeezed the trigger. With a piercing scream the target went down trashing around in pain in the sand. But the other shadows did not stop. Anna fired a second time – and missed, the third shot hit his mark though its intend target squarely through the chest. The Russian cursed as her next shot missed its intended Target – again.

The remaining shadows had nearly reached the commando boat.

Kate followed them with her glasses and was alarmed “Anna in the Boat!” The Russian whirled around following her directions. In her scope she saw a person kneeling in the Surf something bulky on her shoulder “Shit” Anna cursed “Come, Lord Jesus, be our Guest; and bless what you have bestowed”

Their opponent and the Russian fired almost at the same time, Anna probably a split second earlier. “Down Evie, down ” Anna bellowed as they pressed themselves firmly on the Ground behind a rock. A deafening explosion followed, the searing hot blast wave rolled over them, raining down mud and splinters of rock on them. The rocket had missed them by a hair´s breadth.

Anna´s ears rang as she dared to lift her head “We live!” she turned her head: Thank God Kate and Evie were unharmed too, though Evie seemed pretty stunned by the experience, but who wouldn´t have?

The Violinist turned her head to the beach again. The Commando Boat was already moving rapidly to the larger Boat, on the Beach, in the incoming breakers lay a third Person, probably the shooter.

“Can you hit them Anna?” Kate shouted “Unlikely” the Russian shook her head: to hit a fast moving target under these conditions was extremely difficult. Anna did fire five quick Shots anyway.

One shot barely missed a target, two hit the superstructure of the Yacht – then they were gone.
Last edited by Caesar73 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Hogties, sword fights, boat trips and shootings, what else could one wish for?
A great chapter, as we are sort of expecting from you nowadays. Thank you!

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago Hogties, sword fights, boat trips and shootings, what else could one wish for?
Let's see. [mention]Caesar73[/mention] also gave us nipple clamps, rocket fire, a giantess blocking the passage, and a band of sisters. No, not much left to be desired in this great chapter.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
mrjones2009
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by mrjones2009 »

[mention]Caesar73[/mention]

Another great, actioned pack Chapter. I can't wait for the next installment.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago Hogties, sword fights, boat trips and shootings, what else could one wish for?
I am humbled by your praise [mention]slackywacky[/mention] , [mention]GreyLord[/mention] and [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] - I thank you for your kind words. Chris and her friends are at a crossways now. They have one scroll, their oponents the other. So it will be a race against time. Who will find the third scroll first? Not easy to stomach especially for Chris: They were bested - and not for the first time on this quest. Chris is definitely not accustomed to defeat.

We will see, how she will deal with it?
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]Trammel[/mention] l [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention] [mention]TightsBound[/mention] [mention]Pantyhose971[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]NotSeen[/mention] [mention]Mineira1986[/mention] [mention]BlissfulMisery[/mention]

The Cove:

At the same moment Chris, Sarah and Kirsty stepped out of the tunnel – and Chris swore loudly “We are too late” she hit the cliff with her balled up fist in frustration as the yacht vanished into the darkness.

Then she heard Anna´s voice in her earpiece “We come down to you at the beach, over” In the meantime Kirsty had knelt down next to the woman Anna had hit first, and motioned Chris and Sarah to come to her “She is alive” the Briton stated.

The shot had smashed her left knee: as Chris bowed over her the woman opened her eyes “Lay still” Kirsty told her calmly , we will take care of you” The heavy 12,7 x 9,99 Projectile had caused terrible damage – she had seen such wounds and worse in Afghanistan,

“Go to hell!” the hurt woman pressed through clenched teeth “May Pharaoh live for millions of years!” bit down on something, bloody foam formed around her mouth, she twitched and lay still then..

“Poison” Kirsty stated flatly. “Too bad” Chris mused “She might have been useful”

“Hi folks!” Anna greeted them as she, Kate and Evie strode towards them.

“I did my best” the Russian told them, but we got counter fire – she pointed to the shadow at the beach “The propelled rocket missed us barely”

“How many did you hit?” The Dark Lady wanted to know “This one” Anna pointed at the corpse at their feet, “That one!” she pointed to another body a few metres away “and the third one down there!”

“Did I kill her?” the Russian asked her friends “I thought I hit her in the leg” “You did” Kirsty confirmed “but she poisoned herself”

“I cannot say I pity her” Anna said coldly.

They went to the second body. The woman had been shot squarely through the chest “Actually I aimed at her head” Anna shrugged “but under these conditions …..”

The third woman had been killed by a shot to the head, so nothing much was left of it.

Chris was really pissed off Kate could tell, as they walked back through the passageway, after they had searched the bodies, the search had produced nothing of interest though, much to their chagrin.

As they entered the dining hall again they had to step across the body of the giantess. Sophie and Hayley were already busying themselves with untying Lady Barbara and her guests, they had begun though with the staff and Joyce and another maid were helping them, providing blankets and hot tea.

Chris let her gaze wander over Lady Barbara and her guests, they looked all very shocked and shaken and Lady Barbara had obviously been put through the wringer, by the looks of it, she looked back to Chris out of red rimmed eyes with a haunted look, broke eye contact quickly, as she felt the blonde´s gaze resting on her.

A blonde younger woman with the figure and posture of a swimmer was weeping softly. And Joyce stroked her softly above her back calming her “Everything will be alright milady”

As Barbara felt those cold green Eyes resting on her still she saw the pianist with different Eyes the way she had duelled the Giantess and killed her had clearly changed her perspective, then there was the tall Russian a large rifle slung across her back. Her black combat dress was covered in dirt and mud, where she had lain on the ground.

That woman was definitely no prostitute. She had dismissed Evie´s statement that the Russian had taken out three targets with head shots as mere bragging, obviously she had been wrong.

The aristocrat pulled herself together and addressed Chris softly “I guess I have to thank you, you and your people” the words hung in the air as the pianist did not say anything for a while just stared at her “You are welcome” her voice sounded cool

“I don´t need to tell you that all of this” she made an all-encompassing gesture with her arm and the Lady of the House sensed the ire of the other woman “could have been avoided, if you had cooperated with us in the first place”

Lady Barbara broke eye-contact and looked to the floor.

Chris turned to her team “Let us pack together and leave, there is nothing more to be done here – and Lady Barbara”, she spoke over her shoulder to the Lady of the House “If you inform the police you leave us out of this” That was an order not a suggestion “Think of something – oh and there are three dead bodies on the beach”

Evie´s sister in law starred in disbelief at the blonde “You will come up with something, I am sure” the pianist added.

Von der Marwitz turned, walked to the corpse of Ahotep inspected the Khopesh, and retrieved it. To the astonishment of Lady Barbara the pianist bowed deeply before her fallen enemy, knelt down and closed the eyes of the dead warrior almost gently. Then she rose, bowed again clapped her hands and spoke something – in a language Barbara did not understand – and bowed a third time. It had sounded like a prayer.

They needed thirty Minutes to their Cars, Chris spoke no word the whole time, her anger engulfed here like a black cloud, Sophie hadn´t seen the Pianist that angry since she knew her.

Cruaday Cottage:

It was one hour after midnight when they arrived at the vottage again. Since Chris was still incommunicado Anna stepped in “Let us get the fire going, change and lay the table I am famished and cold”

“Then my very hot, very spicy chicken curry a la´McKenzie will be the right thing for you” the thief teased her

“At least it will make me warm again” Anna observed with a small smile and shuddered. Chris still had not said a word yet, but Anna knew that it was the best to give her friend space. She would get a grip – after dinner and a glass of wine at the latest, Anna thought to herself as she walked to her room to change.

She wasn´t exactly happy either – this was the second time she had missed the Egyptian bitch. After being tied and gagged by her and the trashing she had barely survived, she had failed two more times.

That stung – and it was more than her pride that was hurt, it was the way her opponent had beaten her at the British Museum, seemingly without even breaking a sweat. That was something Anna Romanova was not used to.

Anna showered long and hot. She regarded her mirror image long: the cuts, the bruises had begun to heal, but were clearly visible still. The deep cut above her left brow would leave a scar, Kirsty had told her.

And in that moment she gazed at herself in the mirror she realized something for the very first time to its fullest extent, a thought that had lain dormant under the surface.

The Egyptian and she were connected now. Anck-Sun-Amun was her, was Anna´s nemesis. It had been personal from the start. Their first encounter at Rachel´s loft, her near brush with death at the British Museum, the rescue of Sophie and Evie: she had barely missed the Egyptian had her beaten and bruised body not betrayed her.

“I could have ended this whole affair there and then. If I had hit the mark, nothing of the events of today would have occurred.

Anna looked at her still bruised and battered face and in that moment she vowed to herself, that she would not rest, till she had avenged herself.

On the North Sea, unknown Position a Yacht:

Anck-Sun-Amun looked down on the content of the large rectangular, well-padded box. There laid the two containers, containing the scrolls. The High-Priestess was exhilarated. They had bested von der Marwitz and her Team and spirited the second scroll away from right under their noses.

Pharaoh would be much pleased of that she was sure. They had prevailed. He would be less pleased though if he learned about the heavy losses his precious daughters of Isis had suffered. Their success had come with a steep price:

At the British Museum, the lawyer and the homicide detective had taken out one , two of her sisters had fallen from von der Marwitz´ hand and two more had been killed by von der Marwitz´ comrades.

At the asylum, Iput and two other guards had been killed and Anna Romanova had taken out three more and very nearly missed her. Yes, Anna Romanova …. The woman was a force of nature as she had proven at the beach of Skara Brae shortly ago. Maybe the propelled tocket grenade had killed her, but her instincts told her otherwise.

She should have killed the Russian herself when she had had the Chance instead of toying with her – and with a twinge of regret she thought of Ahotep – who had sacrificed herself today, so that her fellow Sisters could escape. Softly she spoke a blessing in the old Egyptian tongue.

Now they had to concentrate to find the third scroll. It would be a race against time. Hathor had made Progress, but the precise location was still unknown.

Hall Place, Conference Room, late after Midnight:

A signal of her computers made Sybil jump, she stretched and yawned and opened another can of her favourite energy drinks. She did not know how much time she had spent in front of the many screens in front of her.

Since Chris and her team had left for the Orkneys the Tech-Wizard of Art. Inc. had tackled the heavily encrypted section of the diaries of Evie´s ancestors which held the key for the location of the third scroll.

She had used all weapons in her impressive arsenal but made little progress so far. Two hours ago she had decided to make a last effort for today. Sybil wanted to report progress, especially after Anna´s call one hour ago: That the quest for the second scroll had been a bust and that the blasted Egyptian had beaten them for the scroll.

Anna had not said that directly but her anger had been palpable, that Anna had called, not Chris herself was a clear indicator that the CEO of Art. Inc. was very pissed off.

When Anna had called, Sybil could at least tell her what type of encryption had been used, the book vipher: A book cipher, or Ottendorf cipher, was a cipher in which the key was some aspect of a book or other piece of text.

Books, being common and widely available in modern times, were more convenient for this use than objects made specifically for cryptographic purposes.

It was typically essential that both correspondents not only have the same book, but the same edition. Traditionally book ciphers worked by replacing words in the plaintext of a message with the location of words from the book being used.

So Sybil concluded that the Part of the encrypted Notices she tackled with would tell her, which book they would need to decipher the Passage which contained the Information where the Scroll was hidden.

Sybil stared at the Screen in front of her: “Jackpot!” she whispered – “The Game is on again!”
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

Aftermath of huge and bloody action, surely prequal to more. Excellent read!
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Very well done, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. This is well written with excellent detail. But, even more important, the story is enthralling. Anck-Sun-Amun personality takes on a reality that makes the three way relationship between her, Chris, and Anna fascinating indeed. You are on a roll. Please continue.
Spy Task Force Completed
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Nicely written. I would say you presented it as a draw or Pyrrhic victory for the Egyptians, but I am fearful that their losses will barely matter. Like in the previous story, many more reserves are held back. I think that the loss of the scroll is far more important than a few brainless minions.
mrjones2009
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by mrjones2009 »

Another well written and interesting chapter.

Your knowledge of historical detail and customs give your stories a little extra.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Beaumains wrote: 1 year ago Nicely written. I would say you presented it as a draw or Pyrrhic victory for the Egyptians, but I am fearful that their losses will barely matter. Like in the previous story, many more reserves are held back. I think that the loss of the scroll is far more important than a few brainless minions.
In terms of man power this was a costly victory - but Ankc-Sun-Amun reached their main goal. They obtained the second scroll and escaped with it. And as you say: The scroll is the main price. And Anck-Sun-Amun still believes she has the two original scrolls. She has not realized yet that the first scroll is a fake. But now a race is on: Who will find out the location of the third scroll first? And who will get it?

The way how Chris treats her fallen opponent tells us something about her: She shows her respect as a fellow brave and we learn how deep the Japanese culture is ingrained into her. Another thing we learn: Chris is not accustomed to defeat. And Anna has to cope with her failure.

[mention]mrjones2009[/mention] Thank you for your kind words. I think those details matter because they add "colour" to the character - in this case Chris.

The quest will continue with its next chapter probably on next wednesday. Where it may lead friends and foes?
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Highclere Castle, the next Morning:

It was a beautiful early morning in late january here in Highclere Castle, Hampshire. The pale sun lacked the power to cut through the morning mist. Dew was covering the gardens and woods of Highclere Park. In the centre of Highclere Park with it´s over 450 hectares of parkland, pasture and woodland lay Highclere Castle, the family seat of the earls of Carnarvon.

The first written records of the estate dated back to 749 when an anglo-saxon king granted the estate to the bishops of Winchester. Bishop William of Wykeham built a beautiful medieval palace and gardens in the park. Later on, in 1679, the palace was rebuilt as Highclere Place House when it was purchased by Sir Robert Sawyer, the direct ancestor of the current earl of Carnarvon.

In 1842, Sir Charles Barry, who also designed the Houses of Parliament, transformed Highclere House into the present day Highclere Castle.

Lady Georgina, 25 Years old, the only daughter of The Honourable George Henry Molyneux Herbert, the ninth Earl of Carnarvon always enjoyed her morning ride through the Parks and Gardens of vast estate which was Highclere Castle and park.

Being a passionate equestrian she rode out three times a day, when she was visiting her parents. Since term in Cambridge was over she had decided to spend the time between terms here at her parents.

From his study the Honourable George Henry Molyneux Herbert, the 9th Earl of Carnarvon watched his daughter. He and his wife Lady Amalia were glad their daughter spent the Time between terms with them. Georgina had not talked about that, but the earl suspected that a man was behind all this.

The last times their only child had visited them, her friend, a certain Robert Cunningham had accompanied her. This time though Georgina had come alone – and the earl was clever enough not ask questions about Robert. The young man had been a decent bloke, but during their last visit at Christmas the earl had not failed to notice some underlying currents between the young couple.

Georgina was strong willed, independent, competitive and academically brilliant. If she finished her studies at Cambridge a brilliant career as lawyer awaited her.

There had been clearly been a dissent between his daughter and her boyfriend. Georgina had made it clear that she wanted to pursue her career getting married founding a family was not her first priority.

Her partner, his family big in real estate, had had a different vision: Georgina as his faithful wife, who would take care of the children and stayed home, while he ran the family business.

Obviously, the earl thought, the young couple had not found a compromise which suited both. But George Henry Molyneux Herbert did not complain. Georgina was a father´s daughter and he would have done anything to see her happy, even undertaken a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela on his knees, to ensure the well-being of his only child. His wife chided him sometimes that he was too soft on Georgina – but he just couldn´t help it.

He looked around in his study: On his working desk stood a picture which showed him, Georgina and his wife. It had been taken for his 65th Birthday – Georgina looked so radiant on this picture. His gaze rested on another photograph:

It was a dual tone photograph. It showed his famous ancestor George Edward Stanhope Molyneux Herbert, 5th Earl of Carnarvon, who was most famous for his role as benefactor of Howard Carter who had discovered Tut-Anck-Amun´s tomb in the Valley of the Kings.

What had Carter replied when Sir Edward had asked him what he would see when he opened the tomb? “I see wonderful things!”

And there were those rumours about the curse of the pharaoh “Death shall come on swift wings to him who disturbs the peace of the king” – in fact Sir Edward´s cause of death had been blood poisoning and a case of severe pneumonia. The earl had never believed in that rubbish.

There had been rumours too about some rare treasure among the Egyptian collection of Highclere Castle – but Sir George had dismissed them as mere tales of over imaginative minds …

Hall Place the same Day, late Afternoon:

Anna shot Chris a sideway glance as they drove up the gateway to Hall Place. The Pianist´s mood had somewhat improved after Anna had told her in the morning about her conversation with Sybil, but to say that Chris was happy, was a far stretch.

Anna had to agree their quest so far had been not a rousing success. True they had the first scroll – but not thanks to their Competence but Evie´s brilliant idea to produce an fake scroll, Evie´s and Sophie´s rescue had been a lucky shot too, not the result of careful planning, and the encounter on the Orkney´s – Anck-Sun-Amun had stolen the scroll from right under their noses, thanks to that arrogant bitch which was Evie´s Sister-in-Law, which had shown them the door.

And Anna knew that Chris took it personally that the Egyptian had nearly killed her at the British Museum.

As they entered the entrance hall of the Manor minutes later Sybil and Amanda already awaited them. And the two women were in high spirits that much was for certain “Don’t make such a sour face Chris´” the secretary teased her boss, who shot her a dirty look, but said nothing “We, as in Amanda and I hit jackpot!”

The Tech-Wizard clearly enjoyed the questioning expressions on the faces of her friends “We know where to look for the third scroll! Guys, why don´t you make yourself comfortable and we have Dinner then we talk?”

“You are a hard task master, Sybil” Anna teased her “But why not? I want to freshen up and grab a bite, I am finished” Chris and Anna exchanged a look, and the blonde nodded “So be it then” and Anna and Sybil exchanged a knowing look, they knew their friend. The good news had considerably improved Chris´ state of Mind and that was a good thing.

“One thing though” Sybil added smiling “At dinner nobody is permitted to talk shop or make a sour face is that clear?”

Sophie smiled “It is oh mistress of ceremonies!”

“I am glad we agree on this” Sybil replied sternly, but her sparkling eyes betrayed her.

Hall Place, Conference Room two Hours later:

Sybil´s news and the dinner had improved the sombre mood a bit and now all people present looked expectantly at the hacker in Residence – as Anna called her:

“The encryption was pretty good, but yesterday I was successful – I found out that Evie´s Ancestors used the book-cypher, I guess you know the underlying principle? The part of the notes I was able to decipher yesterday told us, which book we needed – and Amanda and me spent the better part of today, acquiring the correct edition of the book ….”

“And which book was it?” Anna interrupted

“For an Egyptologist and adventurer quite the obvious choice” the brunette explained, obviously enjoying the moment very much.

The Russian smiled sweetly “My dear Sybil, if you don´t tell us which book it was soon, as in now! you are in for a good spanking, mark my words!”

Sybil sighed “I will not test the patience of your grace any longer” she teased the Russian.

“Mine is wearing thin too” Chris remarked dryly “The book Sybil?”

“Kurt Sethe´s Edition of the Pyramid Texts, the first edition to be precise” Sybil smiled “Obtaining a copy was not easy, but Amanda proved to be most helpful and now we are in possession of the book”

“Where does that lead us?” The Dark Lady inquired

“I will have to work through the night, but tomorrow morning after breakfast I can tell you, where we will find the third scroll” Sybil was very pleased with herself.

Chris nodded “That was very good work Sybil and Amanda! So we are back in the game! Inform us as soon as you have deciphered the notices – and then we plan accordingly. We must get this dammed scroll before Anck-Sun-Amun can lay her hands on it!” Chris looked each and every one in the Eye “We simply must beat them this time!”

“Now everyone gets a good night´s sleep. The next days will be hard!
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

carrying on the tale. It should be appreciated even when lacking action and tie-ups. So well written.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago In 1842, Sir Charles Barry, who also designed the Houses of Parliament, transformed Highclere House into the present-day Highclere Castle.
Funny, I have been there and visited the house just off the A303. And that was before Downtown Abbey was filmed there. Informative chapter. Only one question remains...

Where is the bondage? :lol:

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Very erudite, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. I enjoyed the cypher references in particular. And we can go a chapter without a TUG. Not two, mind you, just one.
Spy Task Force Completed
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago Very erudite, @Caesar73. I enjoyed the cypher references in particular. And we can go a chapter without a TUG. Not two, mind you, just one.
Thank you [mention]GreyLord[/mention] :) Actually I had much fun writing the introduction into this Chapter, introducing the next location. I tried to create a special atmosphere and introduce new characters. The details are important in that chapter - you will see :)

And there will be plenty of TUG later :)
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago Funny, I have been there and visited the house just off the A303. And that was before Downtown Abbey was filmed there. Informative chapter. Only one question remains...

Where is the bondage? :lol:
I found the location fitting because one of the Earls of Carnarvon bankrolled Howard Carter who discovert King Tut´s tomb - and besides I am a great fan of Downtown Abbey :)

The next chapter will tell more next Wednesday. Let me put it this way: It will be a race against time: Who will get the third scroll first :)
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] and [mention]slackywacky[/mention] Alas there are no ropes and gags in this chapter - but that will change in the next :)

The next day, midmorning – unknown Location:

Anck-Sun-Amun paced the Floor “How long do you need Hathor!” she demanded impatiently

“High Priestess, we are almost there, I will crack the Code – all we need is a little more Patience, I am very good at what I am doing, but some things can´t be rushed –and don´t get me wrong, there might be only one Person who can beat me at this Game”

“And who is this Genius?” Anck Sun Amun´s huffed “Sybil Schmitt, we studied together at the MIT – she works now for ….”

“I know who she works for” the High-Priestess cut Hathor short indignantly “Just make sure, you break that dammed code!” Anck-Sun-Amun ended the Conversation and left the Room “Keep me posted!”

“I will” the Hacker confirmed.

Hall Place, Conference Room around the same time:

“This is the place where we must look for the third scroll” Sybil pointed at the Projection at the Wall: “Highclere Castle”

Evie´s face brightened up “This is the Residence of the Earls of Carnarvon – you must know the 5th Earl bankrolled Howard Carter who discovered the Tomb of King Tut!”

Sybil smiled “Someone knows her History. But Evie is correct. Earl George Herbert was indeed the Benefactor of Howard Carter”

“What do we know about the current Earl and more important about the hiding place of the Scroll?” Anna cut in.

“The current Holder of the Title is married for the second time. The Title will be inherited by the Son out of his first Marriage. There is a Daughter, Georgina he has with his second Wife Amalia.

“We need to find out about him as much as possible” Kate concluded “Already on it” Sybil smiled.

“There is a little snag though” Sybil admitted “The Notice Book tells us only that the Scroll is hidden in the Egyptian Collection of Highclere Castle”

“So this would be the logical Course of Action” Chris summarized “We get an Appointment with the Earl as soon as possible and protect him and his Family”

“I can help with the Appointment” Anna offered

“You mean James can help” Kate teased her Friend – and to everybody´s surprise Anna blushed deeply “Not one word!” the Russian warned the American “I wouldn´t dream of it” Kate grinned unfazed.

“Ladies, can we postpone the banter for later?” Chris sounded impatient

“I will call James” Anna returned, pulled her Smartphone out of her Pocket and made the call. The Call was answered after the first ring “James, it´s me – yes, I am fine – yeah my left Eye looks beautiful I know. James we need your help!” And Anna told 007 about their Problem and listened “Perfect, so we will wait for your Call. Thank you! Bye!”

“James will make an Appointment with the Earl for tomorrow morning and get back to me, when it is settled” the Russian summarized their Conversation.

“Perfect” Chris nodded “Sybil and Sophie you take care of the logistics, while we get ready. We will leave in two Hours!”

Sophie had noticed Chris´ Mood change. When they had returned from the Orkney´s the Pianist had been in a sour mood – now she was her usual energetic, organized Self again, which was a good sign

Unknown Location, two Hours later:

Anck-Sun-Amun´s Phone rang, she took the call “Have you made progress, Hathor?” the Egyptian listened to the Person on the other End “Good, how long will you need to get the book?” She listened again “Keep me in the Loop and inform me, as soon as you know the location.

One hour later on the M 3 a few Miles south of Basingstoke:

Kirsty was doing the driving. Chris gazed out of the Window, deep in thought, Anna and Kate rode shot gun. Sarah followed in another SUV with Hayley and Evie. Sophie, Sybil and Amanda followed with the Van with most of the Equipment.

Anna smiled: James had been able to make an Appointment with the Earl tomorrow at 10.30 AM. Sybil and Sophie had secured Lodgings, a Manor six Miles away from Highclere Castle, which suited them perfectly.

Unknown Location, one hour later:

“High-Priestess, I have the location!” Hathor sounded a little breathless “Where?” “Highclere Castle, a two Hour drive from here” “We need all Informations we can get, forward the Location to Nofret, she takes care of the logistics. We will leave in two Hours”

“Understood!” Hathor confirmed

A Cottage near Penwood, southwest of Highclere Castle

“I really want to know how Sybil gets this always done” Anna mused “What do you mean?” Kate ventured “Organizing the most perfect Lodgings whenever we need one” the Russian clarified “Well she is high capable, well organized and thinks quick on her feet” Kate smiled. They had arrived an Hour ago and set up Headquarters.

Sybil was busy making her Computers ready, Sarah and Hayley were setting up the security Systems. The Thief had brought with her some Gadgets out of her Chamber of Secrets. Kirsty and Chris were out, for a quick sweep around their Cottage. Sophie and Evie were busy in the Kitchen.

Kate gave her Friend the once over “You know for the beating you took, you look remarkably well. The Bruises in Anna´s face were still visible, but less pronounced “You know” the Russian added “I can laugh again and my ribs don´t hurt anymore - almost” she touched her left rib cage and winced “And Kirsty told me, the Gash above my left Eyebrow will leave a scar”

“Don´t worry Anna, the Scar will only add to your mystery” Kate reassured her friend “And never forget Anna this could have ended much worse”

“I guess you are right” Anna sighed

On the M 3 a few Miles south of Basingstoke, around the same time:

Anck-Sun Amun was talking Strategy with her second in Command “We have to assume, that our Opponents have arrived before us” the Egyptian stated, that means we have to resort to Plan B, if that is the Case”

Nofret nodded “That may be very well the Case and I advise strongly against an open attack, our Numbers are sorely depleted” Another Reason to resort to Plan B as both Women knew.

They would make the necessary preparations when they arrived at their Quarters. Hathor had compiled an extensive Dossier about the Earl and his Family – and while the security System of Highclere Castle would pose a formidable Challenge, they were sure to have identified the weak spot of the Earl, which they planned to exploit.

A Cottage near Penwood, southwest of Highclere Castle, a quarter to midnight:

While the others had already called it a day, Anna and Chris sat before the Fireplace and starred in the Flames. The heavy red Wine shimmered in their Goblets.

Anna took a sip eyed her Friend critically “Speak your mind Chris” Seconds passed before the Pianist replied “You know, what vexes me? Since this Adventure began, since our first Encounter with Anck-Sun-Amun I have the feeling that we are only reacting on our Enemies Moves”

Anna nodded but said nothing.

“What angered me most is that were beaten for the Scroll at the Orkneys – we should have confronted Lady Barbara sooner – and then things would have gone differently – now we are in a desperate race against time. And we know precious little about our Enemies still – I feel, like walking in pitch Darkness blind”

“I hear you” Anna agreed “And you can count on that, the Egyptian and I have still a score to settle, that I missed twice angers me beyond belief – but now I have the feeling for the first time in a while that we have the advantage this time, it is just instinct, but I am pretty sure.

Anna paused before she added “Chris, I know you, you are simply not used to lose a fight. Think of the Hunt: Since Munich things went pretty smoothly for us – mostly – and this time things are different: We are up against an Enemy who is even more ruthless than von Winterfeldt.

This Egyptian Woman has a cruel streak, there is something primordial and brutal under the Surface. Von Winterfeldt styled himself as Gentleman: Educated, good manners. Anck-Sun-Amun is of a different sort as we have already learned – and she does not hide behind her Associates, she does her dirty work herself. And she is dammed good she is strong and incredible fast – I have never seen something like that.

You and Sarah are very fast, but I am not sure if she is not even faster. She took me apart almost effortlessly without breaking a sweat. The beating itself was bad, but worse was the way she destroyed me ….”

For quite a while neither of the two Women spoke, both stared into the Flames.

“You are probably right Anna” Chris conceded finally “She is an Enemy totally different than anyone we were up against before – but this time we stand a real Chance – Cheers!”

The next day:

High Clere Garden

Georgina always enjoyed her excursions on horseback through Highclere Garden – at any Season. Being a passionate and accomplished Equestrian she loved being outside.

Her steed was Black Prince whom her father had bought for her. Riding in a brisk pace, she inhaled the fresh fragrant Air, 50 Metres away a large trunk blocked her Path.

She spurred Black Prince to clear the obstacle. What she did fail to notice was that a thin line had been tied breast high across the Path. As Black Prince rose to jump the trunk, the rope hit her squarely across the Chest. Georgina lost her stirrups and flew through the air and landed hard on her back. The fall knocked the breath out of her, for a second or two she was dazed as she lay on the soft ground.

She sensed Movement in front of her, she just opened her eyes as a large cloth was pressed tightly on her face and a sweetly smell invaded her nostrils. Still too dazed to offer any resistance she tried to draw breath, only to inhale more of the potent drug, which sapped her strength quickly. Her extremities tingled, her field of vision narrowed as she fell into the Darkness.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

This is an exquisite chapter, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. It is rich in maneuver, it is rich in historical details. And it leaves us hanging with another of your great cliffhangers. Could I be so bold as to predict that Georgina will be introduced to the world of tugs?
Spy Task Force Completed
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Thank you all readers and those among you, who commented on this tale: 40 K views and counting - I am humbled by this success. I hope you all will enjoy the continuing adventures of Chris, Anna and their friends.

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] Thank your for your kind comment - I will not give away too much: But Georgina is definitely in a tight spot - we will learn more in the next chapter due on wednesday. Thank you for your ongoing support!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic