Tale of an Archer (M+/F+ F+/F+ F/M m/f f/f), Chapter 38 - Aftermath and Epilogue - 11/24/2022 - Complete

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

GreyLord wrote: 1 year agoI did read some of the Gor books back in the 1970's and I did enjoy the original Star Trek. There was no thought of emulating either here. Rather, these stories are my very first attempt at writing fiction and I expect you are just detecting my lack of skill. In this story, @Nainur is a coauthor and has loosened up my dialog considerably.
In that case, I apologize that my critique was harshly phrased. My frustration came from the fact that I was otherwise enjoying the story, and I was taken out of it by lines like, "It is unfortunate for you that you cannot stop me from rubbing your breasts now." It seemed an odd choice to say that instead of "(It's) too bad you can't..."

You are right though, I noticed less of that in the later chapters. Although, given that by then I was primed to expect this grandiose style of speaking, Muddy's use of words like "frigging" and "stuff" then threw me.
GreyLord wrote: 1 year agoNo problem, English pronunciation of natives words was awkward and the natives have great talent for learning English. English names were chosen that were somewhat close in sound to the native word. We do not imply that our Creek tribe has similarities to the Creek tribe in the United States and certainly mean no disrespect by our use of the name.
Right, but if I recall correctly you also mentioned the Aztecs and the Commanche. While that explanation works for why one Bandit tribe shares a name with a Native American tribe, it strains credibility to say that all of them share names with Native American tribes.

Add in the fact that Bandit individuals seem to have Anglo-sounding given names, and it seems like too much of a coincidence. I understand that it's hard to come up with names that sound foreign without sounding silly, but in this case I think it might have been worth the effort to try.
GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago I don't want to keep beating a dead horse, but there has been absolutely no glorification of rape. These objections are based on a fear of what may be coming.
I get it. I was more speaking hypothetically. Speaking generally, I think it's a fetish author's right to write a world where acts related to the fetish are less harmful and detestable than they are in the real world, but it becomes more questionable the closer it comes to sensitive real world issues.

Thanks to Mineira1986 for the banner!

Check out my stories on deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/shotrow
BlissfulMisery
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BlissfulMisery »

GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago @Beaumains, @BlissfulMisery, and @Mineira1986, I would like to emphasis that your comments are welcomed, And due to some additional education for me, welcomed.
I appreciate the sentiment, and I am sorry that this next part is going to look like I am just taking said sentiment and spitting in its face. I do not mean it that way.

But it is hard to comment on the latest chapter without bringing up the massive elephant in the room, especially one that undermines a lot of the discussion.
Jordan tested the firmness of her breasts by cupping them and seeing how they manipulated. This, of course, was not having sex. This was just a little foreplay. He did not continue that activity long as he was starting to get worked up. He had said no sex tonight.
First of all, it reads like the text is trying to justify it away, but that is not the actual problem with this part.

Basically, this is sexual assault by law in some countries (if done without consent like in this case were there is no active consent), and might even actually constitute legal rape in a few, although I would need to reference legal codes to check that for sure.

So the whole argument that 'this is all just people being upset by what Jordan might do, versus what he has actually done' just completely falls flat because of this part.

The obvious rebuttal is that 'well laws are different here/morals/norms are different here it is a fictional story on a another planet', but honestly that is just sidestepping the core issue, which is that if you have to reference a dictionary, and start lawyering definitions of things like rape by saying it depends on what legal code you are using, to justify the narrative, you are already too close to the line (in my opinion), even if you have not actually crossed it, and it just makes no sense to get that close to the line if you adamantly do not intend to cross it. Why even go there then?

Anyways, I have already dumped too much negativity here both before, and just now.

So on a more positive note, it is good to see Jordan and Muddy actually starting to form a real relationship and interact in more genuine ways. Again, as I said before, I could see where this was going. I just wish it was not mixed with the bitter taste of everything that has already discussed to death.

It also seems events are coming to head in terms of the seemingly inevitable clash between the Colonists and Bandits. And Jordan already seems to have chosen his side. Muddy is likely to approve of his choice, but probably not likely to approve with aligning himself with the Creek specifically, which I can imagine leading to some interesting tension.

Anyways I am sorry there is such a lopsided ratio of positive to negative, but it is hard to comment on this right now.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

BlissfulMisery wrote: 1 year ago ...
Basically, this is sexual assault by law in some countries (if done without consent like in this case were there is no active consent), and might even actually constitute legal rape in a few, although I would need to reference legal codes to check that for sure.
I won't deny it, for it can't be denied it's non-consensual. It's sexual assault (at least it would be in the country I am living and I totally support it).
However, any non-consensual context is more or less illegal. A student prank-story could be easily transferred into a legal affair on various grounds (mobbing, denying liberty of mobement, etc.), f.e. - not to speak of kidnapping-stories which consist of - oh, my! - actual kidnapping.

While I understand the matter, or I believe I do, I ask to consider the story as it is: a story. By describing a behaviour which can be expolained why it happens, it is in no way meant to defend or to promote certain acts.
BlissfulMisery
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BlissfulMisery »

Nainur wrote: 1 year ago I won't deny it, for it can't be denied it's non-consensual. It's sexual assault (at least it would be in the country I am living and I totally support it).
However, any non-consensual context is more or less illegal. A student prank-story could be easily transferred into a legal affair on various grounds (mobbing, denying liberty of mobement, etc.), f.e. - not to speak of kidnapping-stories which consist of - oh, my! - actual kidnapping.

While I understand the matter, or I believe I do, I ask to consider the story as it is: a story. By describing a behaviour which can be expolained why it happens, it is in no way meant to defend or to promote certain acts.
I do not want to repeat all the same points about how if you do not want to promote certain acts, do not do them via a sympathetic character. I have no problem with rape existing in a story to be clear, I only have a problem with it being treated in a light hearted manner that echoes a lot of harmful real world rhetoric on the matter.

Also, I mean, are you really trying to compare student pranks to rape? I guess I have to go into this part, which is... yeah... but basically why is rape so bad? The main reason is the lasting psychological trauma (not the only reason of course). Comparing a student prank to that is laughable.

Please do not make me continue doing this. I do not want to keep dragging this thread back into the mud over and over.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

BlissfulMisery wrote: 1 year ago ...
Also, I mean, are you really trying to compare student pranks to rape? I guess I have to go into this part, which is... yeah... but basically why is rape so bad? The main reason is the lasting psychological trauma (not the only reason of course). Comparing a student prank to that is laughable.
I most certainly do not. I only wanted to express: when is unlawful acceptable, when it's not. Probably my wording was misguided. Sorry.
BlissfulMisery
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BlissfulMisery »

Nainur wrote: 1 year ago I most certainly do not. I only wanted to express: when is unlawful acceptable, when it's not. Probably my wording was misguided. Sorry.
I am sorry, the post was very curt and I did not consider how it was worded and also slightly misunderstood your meaning. Not trying to accuse.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

[mention]TayDay95[/mention], [mention]Caesar73[/mention], [mention]wolfman[/mention], [mention]Beaumains[/mention], [mention]slackywacky[/mention], [mention]banshee[/mention], [mention]NotSeen[/mention], [mention]FabianStr2016[/mention], [mention]Red86[/mention], [mention]Boundcurious[/mention], [mention]Nainur[/mention], [mention]RopeBunny[/mention], [mention]Damsel-Dilara-Dee[/mention], [mention]Jake78045[/mention], and [mention]Bandit666[/mention]

You have posted comments on one of my stories. That is appreciated very much. Please tell me what you think about the Tale of an Archer. If you would like your tag added or removed from this list, send me a PM or a post with that request.

-----

Chapter 18 - Field and Brook Part 1
By @GreyLord and @Nainur

Joseph came in with the first outfit he had made for Muddy. Her dress wasn't very suitable for horseback. He had denim jeans with a wide belt. When he held them up, Jordan saw that the belt would go well below Muddy's navel. The top was sleeveless, a tank top made of who knows what kind of material. But it was a bright yellow color and was a stretchy material that would give her tits some support while bouncing on a horse. And he also had a bunch of bikini panties in a rainbow of colors. In addition to black and white, I saw red, blue, green, gold, and yellow. Joseph said, "Miss Muddy, I hope you will like these." He approached her very carefully so not to appear threatening to her. He held out the clothing and waited for Muddy to decide what to do.

Jordan said, “Muddy, there is an empty chest of drawers in the bedroom for your use. You can go to the bedroom to change clothes if you wish.”

Muddy thought that the clothes looked exotic and strange, but in an awesome way, and said so, but she also thought that she needed darker stuff should she run someday. Running around in bright yellow was madness! But she would not run that day nor the next one. So she took all of it. She thanked Jordan and Joseph left. She exercised the plan she had made: to appear awed and docile, lull his suspicions and lower his guard by doing what he wanted. She returned after a short time: she was not used to doing things in a dawdling way. Neither was she a show off. She just walked out again. She had kept her moccasins. The fabricated jeans and top fit perfectly, showing her figure very well.
Jordan thought she looked terrific in her new clothes. Joseph had chosen well indeed.

Ten days later.
Jordan was happy that Muddy seemed to have calmed down and had adapted to so many things that must be strange in her eyes. She worked without complaining, listened to his advice and instructions, and seemed composed and relaxed. Very seldom did he find something to criticize in the quality of her work, and if so, it was because a particular detail was new. She seemed to enjoy staying at one place instead of moving around constantly. This was very true. Also she liked to finish a certain amount of work without being harassed. She worked meticulously and with perseverance.

For Muddy, while minding her plan to run and to lower his vigilance bit by bit, found herself in something that was not too far away from the bandit's version of heaven. She had food galore of excellent quality and time to enjoy it, clear water and even hot if she wanted, a soft bed, and safety. Her name became more and more unsuited, for she never felt as clean as at that time. And her hair! It had become so soft, glossy even, sometimes appearing jet blue. She liked it very much. And, yes, she found it satisfying to contribute to his carpentry shop and the acknowledgment she got. She slowly began to believe she would miss it. Surely, she would miss the magic of music conjured by the tekk-now-logee. Once or twice she even danced and not only for her own pleasure, certainly not to deceive him, but in these moments, she was a young woman who liked to be admired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lEx0ytE_0
Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade - op.35

Muddy had learned that she could have music almost anywhere on the plantation. This music, Scheherazade by Rimsky-Korsakov, brought her to tears. How could a person create something so beautiful and so powerful? Jordan was very pleased that Muddy was taking to so many of the things that he liked.

Jordan, therefore, came to the conclusion that it was safe to take her on an outing. She had often asked to see the fields, and it was time to check them anyway. So he announced: After we finish our breakfast, we will saddle up and visit some of the fields. You will meet my second bot, Goliath. He is nice like Joseph, but you must be prepared when you see him. He is big, about three meters high.

They went to the barn. It held the two-horse team that pulled the wagon and also two riding horses. Jordan showed Muddy how to bridle and saddle the horses and offered to help her into the saddle.

Yet Muddy accepted only the bridle and almost glided on the horse's back. She waited for Shordan Archah to get ready. She smiled for a moment. She had longed to check out the area since the day of her arrival.

Jordan had to smile at Muddy's performance mounting the horse. “She is truly showing herself as an exciting and capable person.” He thought. He had never met a person as uncomplaining and hard working as she was. And she was smart enough indeed, mastering tools and equipment quickly enough. There was so much more to her than he had expected. Tommy and Sheilah had tried to tell him. He picked a path through the woods, not to the closest field but to the one where Goliath was working. Even though they were silent, he enjoyed the three-kilometer ride with Muddy. Her presence radiated into him, it seemed. Goliath was applying fertilizer to the crops. On seeing his master, the bot worked his way to the edge of the field where Jordan and Muddy were waiting. Muddy watched the huge bot intently.

“This field is where we grow the food that we eat. Two other fields grow the grains for our livestock and other purposes. Remember, Goliath is as friendly as Joseph." Jordan dismounted and watched to see what Muddy would do.

She dismounted as well and slowly walked to the field's edge. She sensed at once the vibrating ground under her soles, vibrations caused by Goliath. It was proof of Muddy's adaptability that she kept her composure much better than earlier when she met Joseph. Yes, she had been forewarned, yet it had to be an almost shocking sight to her. So she simply shook her head slightly and finally said, "Impressive!” But what she thought was: “It is well that more of your kind have not been coming! Our world would go down, sinking under their weight." She probably had heard this uttered in the Creek village's huts, but she meant it from the bottom of her heart.

“Am I right that this Goliath also carries the harvest to your place?" she asked, frowning at the massive bot. She wondered how long it would be until some young braves might come and try to destroy this monster. It would not be an easy task. She looked over the field and was very impressed but not happy. The machine worked precisely and did the job of dozens of people, but it had no heart and treated the ground in heartless efficiency. She crouched to touch the dark earth. She sensed the small vibrations caused by the mighty machine even more. This was—unholy. She wondered already what the field would look like in a few years. Then she looked around quizzically, suppressing the anger inside her.

“Yes, sometimes he carries a load. If there was a lot to transport, he would load a wagon and pull it to the house. You can probably tell that this field grows more than the two of us could eat. What we can't eat is preserved for winter or for the possibility of a bad year in the future. Any surplus can be traded to the Creek."

Goliath spoke in his deep but mellow voice, "Hello, Miss Muddy. I want to welcome you to the Plantation in addition to Jeeves and Joseph. Let me know if there is ever anything that I can do for you." Muddy nodded wordlessly, then she smiled at Jordan, pointing to the treeline at the other side. "Am I right, there is a brook? It must run to the river surely. Let's have a look!" This way was longer to get home but would take them by one of his favorite places in this forest. A stream cascading over rocks with a somewhat open area beside the stream. The trees did not stand densely, so there were openings to the sky between the trees to let the warming sunlight hit the ground. And the brook’s run would lead to the hills, well out of the Creek sentry’s sight, she guessed.

On the way to the creek, Muddy pointed out big birds, similar to wild geese. "Whuashkapeeh!" She cried. "Very tasty! I can do fine Whuashkapeeh, someday! Fine soup, too! Catch Whuashkapeeh bird with a coil trap – I know how to do it!"

Maddie would have loved this spot, he thought. Muddy's almost exulting attitude escaped him. He was thinking about Maddie's reaction to the reports she read written by the Harrimans about the Bandit women and how they were totally submissive to their chosen mates. That night, Maddie acted like a Bandit woman and was submissive to him. Jordan dismounted and said, "Dismount Maddie. I want to ask you something."

‘Bandits' had a very fine-tuned ear. Given the peculiarities of their tongue, they needed it. So, Muddy was startled; the slightly different sound had indeed not escaped her. "Maddie," he had said. She hesitated, frowning, and obeyed.

“All my awake time with you has been spent showing you and telling you about things you need to know. I would like to take a break from being your teacher for a little while. I told you that you would start getting choices. Here is a choice for you. I would like for us to rest here for an hour or so. I can take a nap. Or I can tie you up just for the pleasure of doing it. If you elect to play with me, there is some likelihood that it will include sexual contact between us. What would you like to do, nap or play?"

She looked at Jordan very attentively for his following words. She considered the possibilities carefully. She was not tired, not at all, and maybe this was the only argument. Perhaps it was not. However, it seemed prudent to do what the Colonist wanted, and she knew what that was. The more trust she gained the more leeway she would win to prepare her escape. If he lowered his guard, she needed not to fight to win free. The thought of fighting him was less and less attractive, anyway. She took a minute or so, hobbling her horse so that it might feed itself off the grass. Without asking, she loosened Jordan's saddle and hobbled his horse. Then she pulled her new top over her head. She had no bra. She pointed to a young birch tree. "This would be a fine tree to secure a bandit-girl, Shordan Archah!"

Jordan retrieved several coils of rope from his saddlebag. Muddy had picked a fine birch tree for my use. It was young and slender but strong looking. Not that he had any intention of needing its strength this afternoon.

He took Muddy's hand, led her to the tree, and turned her back to it. Crossing her wrists behind the tree, he slowly wound the rope around them horizontally. Jordan was careful to avoid any overlap of the strands of rope. Also, he made sure that there was no slack, but at the same time, no strand pulled tight on Muddy. He wanted to be very confident that Muddy would not have any reason to regret her decision to play.

After the fourth horizontal loop, Jordan continued in the same manner with four vertical loops. He thought about cinching the loops. But this was not for punishment nor for security. He tied the rope off on top of her wrists. The tree trunk did little more than cover Muddy's backbone between her shoulder blades. He ran his hands slowly up her arms, kneading her arms with his fingers as he did so. When he reached her shoulders, he spent several minutes rubbing her shoulders. Then he moved to her front.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Nicely told. I like the fact that the amount of sexual tension between Muddy and Jordan is a bit lowered, although the tension certainly keeps existing. And in some ways, it still makes me uncomfortable. Jordan seems to care more about Muddy's features than anything.

It also seems odd to me that Muddy does not imagine Jordan playing games. If she tries to look docile to escape more easily, why couldn't Jordan play the same game? Give her an opportunity to see if she takes it.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

I don't know... To me Muddy is still so innocent, unspoiled, you know what I mean. And then she gets tied up and that innocence does not match the image in my head. Oh well, I always knew I was weird :)

Very nice chapter. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Red86
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Red86 »

Well I have managed to get way behind once again. Works busy and life has been interesting to say the least!

Looks like the story is still going strong. I will hopefully pick this tail back up before the end of the month. I look forward to seeing what I've been missing!!
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Thank you, [mention]Beaumains[/mention]. Of course, Jordan could play games as well.

[mention]slackywacky[/mention], I know that you have been snowed under. Good to see you back again.

And [mention]Red86[/mention], it is nice to have you weigh in once more.
Spy Task Force Completed
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago I don't know... To me Muddy is still so innocent, unspoiled, you know what I mean. ...
I, for one, do not. She was plotting to kill the man and still plotting to run? And she knows exactly what he wants.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

[mention]TayDay95[/mention], [mention]Caesar73[/mention], [mention]wolfman[/mention], [mention]Beaumains[/mention], [mention]slackywacky[/mention], [mention]banshee[/mention], [mention]NotSeen[/mention], [mention]FabianStr2016[/mention], [mention]Red86[/mention], [mention]Boundcurious[/mention], [mention]Nainur[/mention], [mention]RopeBunny[/mention], [mention]Damsel-Dilara-Dee[/mention], [mention]Jake78045[/mention], and [mention]Bandit666[/mention]

You have posted comments on one of my stories. That is appreciated very much. Please tell me what you think about the Tale of an Archer. If you would like your tag added or removed from this list, send me a PM or a post with that request.

-----

Chapter 18 - Field and Brook Part 2
By @GreyLord and @Nainur

He leaned forward until his forehead touched hers. Jordan rubbed her neck and shoulders for another minute or so. Standing straight again, he cupped a breast with one hand and left the other on her shoulder. "Muddy, on Earth, bondage is an almost taboo subject. I was married on Earth for two years before coming to Newhome. I don't think it ever crossed my mind to tie Maddie up. After we landed on Newhome, Maddie read the accounts of Lou Harriman and learned that Bandit women are submissive to their mates. She read about some of the different courtship rituals of the other tribes.

“That night, Maddie presented me with bundles of ropes and knelt on our bed with her hands behind her back. We both had the most powerful orgasms of our lives that night. Within the year, Maddie was bitten by something unknown to us and passed away that night. For a long time, I wanted to die too. But finally, I realized that I had more of my life to live. My business partner cheated me, so I decided to move here and meet the Creeks with Dr. Kennedy’s help. I have not been with a woman sexually since my Maddie died. I have craved companionship but not sex."

His fingers began to play with her tits. "I did my best to invite you to submit to me just now without putting any pressure on you. If you want me to stop, you just have to tell me, and I will. But know that for the first time since I lost Maddie, I want another woman, you, Muddy. If you do not ask me to stop, I will remove your pants and make love to you."

Muddy very much enjoyed the care of his rope work, and she felt secure enough. Certainly secured enough for what was intended. She had listened to his words with amazement, but some – or even many – pieces of the jigsaw fell into the correct place. He needed a replacement for his lost wife. She was no replacement, and, indeed, it angered her. But simultaneously, she felt the sorrow of lost love and loneliness. And that he meant no ill will certainly. Archah-dan was truly, a friendly, kind archah. Her woman's heart was touched by it. She could not deny it. But did she feel the same? She did not think so. Maybe she would, given time, but not at this moment. And she did not intend to stay long enough to develop such feelings. Perhaps it was her fighting spirit of a bandit which urged her not to submit. She would submit to a proper Bandit warrior someday, surely. Never a Colonist! But it was also clear that she could not reject him completely. It was unwise in the first place. But he did not deserve it, which was even more critical. She thought quickly, and then she found a solution.

“Shordan Archah, your late Maddie died here after your long journey, and she is resting in your heart. This is obvious! We believe the Spirits of the lost ones stay with us when they have a homestead in our hearts. I am sure your Maddie's spirit is close by and with us. But I am not her! I am not willing to receive you if I have the choice. But I see your pain, and you kindly give me food, shelter, and clothes. You could beat me. Instead, you are training me to help with your work. I have no protection, but you are kind and considerate, and I wish to please you. Therefore I ask you not to open my pants but yours." Her binding and the thin trunk left her space enough to go down on her knees with her feet behind the young tree, and she crossed her ankles to get a better hold, but her thighs remained upright, and she thought her face was in the correct height if she stretched her neck just a little bit. "Let me give you pleasure if you allow me?" Her dark eyes looked up. And her young bandit eyes conveyed sympathy and trust.

This was unexpected and not quite what Jordan wanted. Yet he could not say that it was not welcomed. And if Jordan accepted Muddy's offer, might it not build her trust? He stroked her cheeks, looking down at her. Then he opened his pants and let them fall to his ankles.

It crossed his mind briefly that he might not measure up to the expectations of a Bandit. But Maddie never complained. He let nature take its course. And let Muddy have her way.

About an hour later, Muddy was watching the sleeping man. He had almost cried and kissed her forehead afterward to thank her. She appreciated the water he gave her but asked him to relax and sleep. She did not, however, ask him to release her. And he did not.

She sensed that while he might appear soft, she knew he was hurt deep inside, and she knew something about those wounds, wearing scars on her own heart. It also might indicate that he did not care what she would do, but she thought that was not so either. Only one thing was clear to her: to win his trust and, in consequence, to run would not be a problem! In an unexpected way her scheme had backfired: she had submitted and felt … fine. This gave her much to think about.

She also reached out with her mind to speak to the spirit of Maddie, lest the dead woman's wrath might come over her. And over him! It was annoying again. Why did she mind about him again? She was not tired and sat with crossed legs to look at him—and the area. She had slipped out of the moccasins and was very comfortable. All was peaceful. He was handsome in her eyes. The sounds of nature were music in her ears. Only Goliath violated the land, being just a giant, heavy, mindless golem that did what had been ordered. But the bot was far away busy on the other side of the field. She did not try to wiggle herself out of her ties. Muddy just waited and was comforted, for she did not sense the merest disturbance that might have been caused by Maddie. Instead, she felt a strange peace settle over her and knew she was about to care for Shordan Archah despite her intentions. And it felt not even annoying. Why was that? But she could not quite fathom the Spirits' wishes. She had thought to sense the anger by the violation done to the balance of the land, that she would hear the call for vengeance. But she did not. What she sensed confused her. It was still terrifying to some extent, but she tried to hide it, for, after all, he was, well: ‘dan’ in her tongue. And that meant ’'friendly and kind’ in Creek.

Jordan awoke with his mind in turmoil. What kind of fool was he? Did he think that he was dealing with an Earth woman here? Bandit women were strong in spirit and body and admired strength. All he was showing was weakness. But how could he show his power and still be kind? He wanted to be kind to Muddy.

His eyes opened, and the first thing he saw was Muddy sitting cross-legged on the ground, watching him. She was still tied up, and he suspected she had not tried to free herself. Stretching, he stood and reached down to help Muddy to her feet. "You are a beautiful woman, Muddy. And being topless with your hand tied behind your back makes you even more beautiful."

Jordan cupped a breast with one hand and reached behind her head to pull her lips to his for a deep, long kiss. Then he untied her. Picking up her tank top, he handed it to her. “Let’s collect our horses.”

Muddy nodded. Her schemes would work, and now she knew it. She could start with the actual preparations. But she said: "You are always welcome to tie me up and to ask me to give you joy. I will happily comply."

Once again, on horseback, Jordan told her, "Muddy, it means everything to me that you tell me this. We could follow the stream until it empties into the river. We would turn left and follow the river upstream to the opening in the woods leading to our Glen. I would take the shortest way home. Instead, we will return the way we came. I have a message from Goliath. He wants my help with a problem."

These 'conversations' were mysterious. "How does he do it?" Muddy wondered by herself but did not say a word about it. She knew meanwhile that the Colonist could communicate with those bots without uttering a word. She had not grasped the ‘how’ yet.

Going upstream, they soon reached the field and saw Goliath squatting by a row of plants that did not look healthy. After welcoming them in his deep mellow voice, he said, "I have been watching these plants for the last week. The others are thriving with vigor. But these look increasingly sick each day. I am sure they received the same fertilizer as the rest, but they are not responding. I did not feed them at all today. I waited to talk to you. Can you advise me, Jordan?"

Jordan replied, “Do you have the soil test probe?”

Goliath answered, "I do," as he opened a compartment and retrieved an instrument with a metal wand attached. He pressed the wand into the dirt next to the plants that were doing poorly. "Goliath, it just happens sometimes, but this area of the soil has naturally accumulated more nitrogen than the rest of the field. Our fertilizer is high in nitrogen, making this small section of the field too nitrogen rich. Aerate the soil around these plants today. Instead of our standard fertilizer for this field, use 10-10-10. That will balance the nitrogen with phosphorus and potassium. The plants should perk up soon."

Goliath said, "Thank you, Jordan. I get unhappy when any of my plants get unhappy."

He patted Goliath on his back and said, “Let me know daily how they are doing.” Muddy and Jordan returned to the horses and then to the barn.

Muddy didn't really mind the change of plan. She had thought to show him some archah which surely could be found in the other direction but did not mind. The archah would be there the next day, the next week, like they had been before the Colonists landed. Muddy supposed they had been around since the land was born, and the brook started carrying water to feed the river. She would reconnoiter that special area soon enough.

Muddy had bitten her lips, but kept her silence. She understood what was happening and what had to be done to remedy it. And this had nothing to do with a fertilizer or other tekk-now-logee nonsense! The precious balance of the land had been severed already. This was clear to her. She understood that even Goliath cared, and the Colonist did, but it also confirmed her opinion that the land was being treated unkindly. Violated. It was wrong. She thought much about it on the way to Shordan Archah's home and kept her silence. On arriving, she spoke to the horse in Creek, thanking the good animal for its service, and took off the bridle. "let me take care of your horse, Shordan Archah," she also said, "for this is something I can do!"

She would speak of the land later in the evening. Something had to be done.

Jordan turned his horse over to Muddy and headed to the bathhouse. A hot shower felt good. Returning to the house, suddenly, he felt a sharp sting on his foot. He looked but didn't detect anything that could have caused such a sting. He continued on but suddenly felt very dizzy. He tried to call Joseph but couldn't organize a communications link with him. He stumbled and fell.

He cried out more in disgust than pain, but then he saw that small, ugly creature that reminded him of a scorpion. He had never seen anything like it before, but it was a horrible sight even though it was shorter than the length of his hand. He started to move away. His leg was on fire when he noticed Muddy rushing toward him.

"Maaa...Mud...Muddy, no....sting… ." But Muddy never stopped her rush - she had a spade in her hands, probably to clear the stable of manure or the like - and she was screaming loudly. The black insect - or whatever it was - crawled away, but the spade was high in the air, and it chopped down, swung by two small but capable hands! And again! And again! But after the third or fourth blow, she swirled around, and her face was a grimace of madness and cruelty. The spade hit Jordan Archer on the side of his skull.

Fireworks! Then darkness.

His pain was gone.

With the spade still held high, Muddy froze.

The world seemed to have frozen as well. But unheard, Joseph and Goliath conferred at lightning speed with each other.

Then Muddy looked down, scanning the ground intensively. Mostly those horrible Zhaa’an-en-Uhrgish, Messengers-of-death, came alone, but only mostly, not always.

But there was no other one. Muddy breathed again and heard bees humming around.

The Messenger-of-Death had felled the mighty Colonist. Only to be smashed to smithereens by a Bandit girl not even granted a proper name, just Muddy. And now she, Muddy, was mistress of the field.

Interesting. Unexpected. Unprepared.

At that moment, she understood what the spirits wanted. What they really wanted.
Spy Task Force Completed
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Now that was a turn of events... Well written chapter. So things are becoming clear for Muddy (funny word play).
Let's see where this leads us.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago Now that was a turn of events... Well written chapter. So things are becoming clear for Muddy ...
Maybe she won't be Muddy much longer.
Spy Task Force Completed
h56jh1

Post by h56jh1 »

I find this curious,"But unheard, Joseph and Goliath conferred at lightning speed with each other." what will they do?
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

h56jh1 wrote: 1 year ago I find this curious,"But unheard, Joseph and Goliath conferred at lightning speed with each other." what will they do?
Thank you for commenting, [mention]h56jh1[/mention]. Muddy has just taken down the bot's leader. They must decide what to do with Muddy. Stay tuned to see what they decide.
Spy Task Force Completed
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

Well, that was an unexpected twist. Seems a rather impulsive decision on Muddy's part without knowing what the bots will do. Wondering what her plan is that she needed to knock him out when he was already incapacitated by the insect.

Looking forward to the next part. :)

Thanks to Mineira1986 for the banner!

Check out my stories on deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/shotrow
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago Well, that was an unexpected twist. Seems a rather impulsive decision on Muddy's part without knowing what the bots will do. Wondering what her plan is that she needed to knock him out when he was already incapacitated by the insect.

Looking forward to the next part. :)
It could be that Muddy just sees her opportunity to escape. Or perhaps there is some other method to her madness. More will be revealed in the next episode to be released 08/20/22 EDT. Thank you for commenting, [mention]Shotrow[/mention].
Spy Task Force Completed
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Well, I still feel a bit uncomfortable at Jordan's advances.

Additionally, I may point out that his dialogues feel a little too... forward? Direct? Not sure if I find the right adjectives. There is little room for subtext in his lines. It may just be my perception.

Other than, great pacing. Good descriptions. And nice twist. This is probably me still influenced by how Jordan has behave in the last chapters but... go girl! A tad violent, but maybe necessary. I hope Muddy can escape somehow. Alas, it may not be possible. Maybe her desperation made her act quickly rather than carefully. She could have waited for a moment where the bots weren't around, but I understand that her desire for escape beat her.
h56jh1

Post by h56jh1 »

interesting, "t could be that Muddy just sees her opportunity to escape. Or perhaps there is some other method to her madness." if he is merely "knocked out" could it have been a way of slowing down the venom in his system, maybe because she is a Bandit she knows a cure. guess we will see on the 20th.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Mineira1986 wrote: 1 year ago Well, I still feel a bit uncomfortable at Jordan's advances.

Additionally, I may point out that his dialogues feel a little too... forward? Direct? Not sure if I find the right adjectives. There is little room for subtext in his lines. It may just be my perception.

Other than, great pacing. Good descriptions. And nice twist. This is probably me still influenced by how Jordan has behave in the last chapters but... go girl! A tad violent, but maybe necessary. I hope Muddy can escape somehow. Alas, it may not be possible. Maybe her desperation made her act quickly rather than carefully. She could have waited for a moment where the bots weren't around, but I understand that her desire for escape beat her.
Thank you, [mention]Mineira1986[/mention]. Perhaps there are other explanations. For example, read [mention]h56jh1[/mention] who posted after you.
Spy Task Force Completed
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

h56jh1 wrote: 1 year ago interesting, "t could be that Muddy just sees her opportunity to escape. Or perhaps there is some other method to her madness." if he is merely "knocked out" could it have been a way of slowing down the venom in his system, maybe because she is a Bandit she knows a cure. guess we will see on the 20th.
I appreciate your comments, [mention]h56jh1[/mention]. Nice speculation.
Spy Task Force Completed
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

-----

Chapter 19 - The Messengers-of-Death
By @GreyLord and @Nainur

When Jordan awoke, the pain in his leg was not gone, but it wasn't that bad anymore. But maybe it was only because his headache was that bad. The good thing was, however, that he actually felt pain. That surely meant he was alive, and the leg was still there and its existence a fact, not an illusion. He saw Joseph hovering over him. Then he passed out again. Jordan was in a weird, dreamlike state and was briefly under the impression he was dragged over the ground. Later he found himself sitting upright. It was dark already.

His commlink! But the commlink would not work. Neither to communicate with Joseph—nor with Goliath—or Jeeves. Maybe he was just in too bad a state to use it. Or was it because of the blow? And where was Muddy? She was nowhere to be seen, but a fire was burning, a small bonfire. A few meters away, about halfway between the bath and the house. He passed out again. And then Maddie was back! Her kind, caring face! Her lovely face. And he could speak again, "Maddie, I love you!"

“I know!” she answered. “Drink this! It's broth! I made it of Whuashkapeeh and added healing herbs!”

Jordan Archer was bewildered. Since when did Maddie use Creek expressions? Since when was she a botanist? And why was her hair raven black? But he enjoyed the soup and fell asleep. He found himself in a strange dream! He saw a skeleton dancing around the bonfire, shouting and stomping its feet. A female skeleton, but he was wondering why he knew it was a female skeleton. He had the impression that the creature was frowning at him, not with unwholesome red glowing eyes, but out of dark holes in that pale skull. The skeleton's head seemed to be covered by a black capote, or was it actually a mane of black hair? But then it danced on. Where were the bots? Why didn't they help him? Why didn't they do something?

Then the white face with dark eyes and raven hair was in front of him. "You need to drink again, Shordan Archah! Drink! You must fight against the demons of death who want to collect you! Fight!" He drank. The skeleton danced again and sang in a voice that was sometimes shrill, sometimes low. And he slept again. Dreamless. When he awoke, it was morning. He was wrapped in straw and a blanket. The bonfire was still burning but probably burning down, causing clouds of dark smoke now. He felt better but weak as a kitten. What had happened?

Jordan guessed he had been in a surreal dream. He wondered, "Am I still in it? I move my arms, but they only move in slow motion. Have I been drugged, maybe? Everything is dreamlike.” He called out, “Muddy, can you hear me? Joseph, are you here? Anybody? I need help, please.”

Jordan noticed a bandage around his foot and ankle where the bite had been. Finally, Joseph appeared. The bot was carrying a load of wood. "Good morning, sir! Are you feeling better?"

“Joseph, I think so. Tell me what happened. My comm links don’t work. I can’t remember last night. The last thing that I remember is coming back from the vegetable field. I took a shower. Then, everything is confused. And where is Muddy?”

Joseph replied, "Sir, I understand you have been bitten by a kind of arachnid unknown to my data core. It is poisonous, but to this poison, I have no data as well, so no antidote available to me. Fortunately, Miss Muddy knows a good bit about it. She made some sort of elixir, which was effective. She told me your circulation had to be slowed down at all costs. It was a race between her medicine and the poison, she said. When I arrived, she informed me about it, and I applied a beta blocker and morphine against the headache you would have and muscle pains. Miss Muddy informed me that she hit you with her spade as well. She saw no other way to keep you down and still instantly! Jeeves conjectures that your bite is the same as Miss Maddie's. I agree, and it should be communicated to Unihold."

“Yes, yes. But where is Muddy now?”

“I believe she has gone to fetch some food. She said guests would come. She is a very peculiar person, sir! Most peculiar! I had to help her to hold a blanket over the fire for what reason I am not sure, but we moved it in certain intervals, which might be a kind of morse code."

Jordan said, "I need a bath badly. My sick sweat stinks. Help me into the bathhouse, please. Ah, I am detecting my communications link coming back online. Likely, Muddy can tell us more about this creature. It can't be too common. We have been here almost a year and haven't seen any before. While I'm bathing, bring me a change of clothes. I wonder what she means by guests."

It occurred to Jordan that he needed to finish the bathtub. A good hot soak would hit the spot right now. As it was, a hot shower would have to do. And maybe that bandage should be protected. A little while later, Jordan still felt sick and weak, and he had to support himself lest he fell. Just as he finished, Joseph reappeared, carrying the clothing he requested. "Miss Muddy is approaching, sir!" Muddy carried a few more of those birds. She was in her moccasins and the jeans but was bare-breasted. She was somewhat filthy again: the remains of white or light grey paste smeared on her cheeks, body, and arms were visible.

She seemed terribly tired, her cheeks were hollow, and she had shades under her eyes. She appeared gaunter than before. But her dark eyes had a fire inside, and she brightened up, "Shordan Archah! Are you better? You should rest." She ran towards the Colonist, letting her catch fall to the ground.

Jordan was quite taken aback. Was she concerned for him? Was she even showing signs of affection? He opened his arms to hug her. "Muddy, you should take a shower while you are here. Joseph, would you make another trip to the house and fetch Muddy's buckskin dress? Muddy, what is this paste on you? You are worn out. You haven't had any sleep, have you? I want to know all about this creature that bit me. But not now. First, something for us to eat and then some sleep. The kitchen can take care of your birds."

Muddy seemed to blush and looked down in modesty. "I need no rest. I can go on much longer" Let me tell you what you need to know. You have been bitten by a most dangerous creature. I lit the fire upon the hole from whence it came. Messengers-of-Death, they are called. Hideous beasts that hide many years in the ground before emerging to strike. Luckily there are only a few of them, and they are not often encountered. I believe there's no other nest nearby, but I sent word using the smoke at dawn. I know the Creek have set a watch to observe the area. I know they have seen my message. I saw their answer while I searched for the Whuashkapeeh. Some Creek will come soon to help. They will be here in less than an hour. I did what I could, making cures that I know of using herbs, petals, weeds, and moss, and I danced most of the night to banish evil ghosts and summon friendly spirits. But I hope Angela Wise is with them."

The dancing skeleton! It must have been her – naked but covered in that white paste made of water and ash, probably! "I danced, for I could not bear the notion of your death!" Muddy shed tears as she looked up. She would never run! Muddy was a different bandit now.

Jordan thought, "She took the best remedial action that she knew how to take. Then, following her beliefs and customs, she danced herself into exhaustion. Muddy called for the help that she thought could deal with these 'Messengers-of-Death.' Muddy is turning out to be a most fantastic woman. She must have even picked up some knowledge about primitive medicine."

“My internal comm system is rebooting again. When I can tell her without her thinking that I am criticizing, I will explain that Joseph could have put me to sleep much more gently. But he wasn't at hand. Possibly, she saved my life the only way she could." Then it hit him. This is what killed Maddie! If Muddy had not been there, Joseph could not have helped him any more than he could help Maddie. Muddy did, in fact, save his life. And this medicine was not that primitive. It had battled the poison well enough while nothing the Colony had worked!" he concluded.

Aloud he said, "Muddy, you are wonderful. I need your guidance now. Is there another ritual that you need to follow? What do we need to do to be ready to greet the Creek? Would you stay in charge just a little longer?"

His comm clicked on! Jeeves, Joseph, and Goliath were relieved that he was online again. Jordan ordered a pitcher of bug juice. That was what he called the liquid concoction that re-hydrated and replenished body electrolytes. Muddy needed that too. Joseph was bringing enough for both of them.

-----

Muddy's action in hitting Jordan with the shovel had set off a flurry of processing by the bots unmatched since Maddie was bitten. Jeeves and Goliath wanted to stop Muddy before she did more harm. But Jeeves did not have the means, and Goliath was too far away. Joseph counseled, "What is happening to Jordan is the same as what happened to Maddie. Earth medicine was not able to save her. Although I cannot justify it, I believe that Muddy is trying to take care of Jordan. We know that we cannot. We must support her efforts."

Goliath responded, “Until I have evidence otherwise, I will support you, Joseph.

Now, the joy of the bots at having Jordan back online was evident. Jeeves informed him that they had delayed contacting Unihold about this event. Jordan said, "It would seem you decided the correct course of action. I will think about contacting Unihold later."

-----

Muddy said, “This is a fine drink! Aaah!” she sighed. “Shordan Archah, will you trust me? If so, I ask you to send Joseph to Goliath and let them wait under cover. It is too early for the Creek to see them up close. I will roast the birds, if I may. And I will care for the guests. It is my duty as I see it! Yes, I will take charge in your name.”

Jordan replied, "I shall do as you asked. You saved my life last night, Muddy. Even without that, you have already stolen my heart. What do you want me to do to help get ready for the visit by the Creek? I think that this will give you status in their eyes. That is excellent, and you can count on my help."

Muddy looked down shyly, much to her own surprise. Whenever had she been shy? Then she looked up with a nervous smile, "Well, yes. I am seeing now that there is a vacancy to be filled, and maybe this is what the spirits want, and maybe my heart wants it also! Truly, I had not expected this to happen. So I am a bit confused. I will explain more later. Anyway, I would not be surprised if even Chief Samuel would be among them. Firstly, they will want to give medical advice, for that is what I asked via smoke for, and search the place for other nests. But when this is settled and done, they will be your guests and will be treated in all honor. I suppose there might be a council or just small talk, but in any case: you will be the host. It will be my duty to see that all will be well cared for and no shame will be put on you. Of course, I have never done this, but I’ve often observed similar occasions. I have in mind to roast the birds traditionally. Some side dishes, like dips and sauce and that bread of yours, won't be out of place. I cannot do this, I fear, for I have not mastered your tekk-now-logee kitchen. Also, the house does not obey me. It would not open the doors when I asked. Otherwise, I would have moved you inside!"

“Muddy, when you hit me with the shovel, it caused the bots great concern. We will sort that out without delay."

Indeed, Muddy was in turmoil inside herself and still struggling to sort it out. At the start, she had had in mind to murder this Colonist in his sleep, rob him and run into the wild to become a member of some roving band of bandits. Then she had decided that she would not need to murder him. He did not deserve it. Even the thought of running had become less attractive rather quickly. And now she was faced with an opportunity to become "lady of the manor," so to speak, and not just a worker or servant, as she had thought. And this was an awesome thought. But it was not her primary realization, however. It was too early to reveal what she had experienced in the night.

True, he was only a Colonist. But she knew better than anybody else that the chance that a Creek man of some substance would ever have chosen her as his mate was slim. And if a band of Bandits did not rape and kill her on sight, her place in their pecking order might be lower than her station with the Creek. And, yes, he had not had much choice as well. Did it matter? What mattered were the Spirits. Spirits were a matter of fact in her belief. And to follow the will of the Spirits was no mean thing, but a very decent thing to do, respectable and honorable. Muddy truly believed that her mind had been in contact with the late Maddie of his. And Maddie's spirit had explained what Muddy had to do. The task at hand seemed simple enough. But Muddy was overwhelmed by the occasion. Sometimes demons, pretending to be benevolent spirits, led their victims astray. What was the truth, and what was not? She decided that this day would bring vital counsel and that she would follow her instinct until then. Many tasks were waiting, and there was no time for idleness. It was time to impress some Creek!

Jordan held a brief conference with the bots. Now they would follow Muddy's orders with overrides only for safety. And they would take an educational stance with her. They would always explain what they were doing and why. The bots were quite good with human nature and would not embarrass her in front of outsiders. Jeeves, however, stated, "I am not yet convinced. For now, I will continue evaluating the data. How a drink mixed by an untutored woman can beat the combined knowledge of Unihold is a riddle yet to be solved."

“Muddy, the house and the bots will follow your orders and help teach you the things you need to know. In the kitchen, try describing how you would cook something, and the kitchen will find a way to do that with our equipment. If it cannot, it will give you options. Some people become quickly frustrated with AIs. If that happens to you, just call on me for help, okay?"

They went to the house, and Jordan let Muddy tell the house to unlock and open the door. He was still feeling shaky and sat at the kitchen table. "Go ahead, Muddy. Tell the kitchen what to do."

Muddy listened, but her attempt to hide her surprise was futile. She took refuge in that brief phrase, "I see," just as she did on the journey from the Creek village. Jordan could be sure by now that she had developed certain routines to hide feelings, states of confusion, or bewilderment. In fact, she was very clever. The Creek, and the Bandits in general, were not unintelligent people, not at all. Their way of living was totally different, and that she actually had not run away wildly yelling bloody blue murder had been a notable achievement. Now he gave her a vast amount of control—in her way, it was power and trust—over what must have been a wide, new world to explore, and she only responded by saying, 'I see.' She frowned and smiled. "I shall make the best use of it that I can so that no shame is put on your name, Shordan Archah!”

She managed the task of opening and locking from inside and outside smartly enough. She was pleased with herself. Tekk-now-logee could be fun! "Yes, you should rest. I have heard it is not uncommon to be unwell for a few days. But these incidents are seldom, as I said." Muddy, however, feared that it had been Goliath and Joseph that offended the balance of nature, and it had been a firm warning by the land. She would try to have a word with her friend, the wise woman, Angela. She was sure the healer would be with Chief Samuel if she had not mishandled the smoke. Then she turned to the kitchen, "Kitchen, I want a large glass of drink for this man. We got two glasses a short while ago. The same fluid—one glass!"

Jordan was thirsty and gratefully drank the entire glass of bug juice that Muddy had brought him. "Muddy, I am drained and a little chilled. I am going to get in my easy chair with a blanket. I don't think that I showed you that it would recline. Would you bring me a blanket? Then, wake me if I am needed. Thank you, dear."

Muddy answered, "Yes, rest, Shordan Archah. Be at ease. I'll see that all will be prepared and you'll be safe. Sleep now." It seemed like five minutes later while, in fact, it had been over two hours. Jordan was aroused by a gentle shaking and a whispering voice, "Chief Samuel has arrived." When he finally opened his eyes, another twelve minutes later, he heard from outside the house how Muddy was busy greeting Chief Samuel and his five companions, of whom one was a woman, the Healer, Angela Wise. Muddy started explaining in Creek and pointing towards the rest of the fire, which had burnt down.

Jordan struggled to get up to greet the Chief and the other Creek. It was like there was a great weight on him. He could not remember ever feeling like this. At least he had not lost his internal commlink again. He told Jeeves, "When you get a chance to speak to her privately, tell Muddy that I am awake but don’t seem to be able to get up. Be discreet and don’t interrupt her conversation with the Creek. I am not in any distress.”

Jordan knew he had made a mistake by not letting Jeeves teach him the k Creek language. He could hear them talking but couldn't understand what they were saying. Jordan realized that Muddy was handling the situation calmly and correctly. He did feel safe.
Spy Task Force Completed
h56jh1

Post by h56jh1 »

wonderful chapter, Muddy by her actions seems to be a bottom and not a submissive, they are so much fun. From the tie up sessions earlier in the story she knows "how to" but bottoms are so much fun because they can but they usually don't want to be the top when they love the other person, she would be able to teach Jordan how to properly tie her by instructing him how as she was being tied by him. There has already been enough darkness in this story with the death of Maddy and the backstory of Muddy and how she was treated in the village. She understands how good she has it with him at the ranch. Take it for what you will after all it's your story.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic