Tale of an Archer (M+/F+ F+/F+ F/M m/f f/f), Chapter 38 - Aftermath and Epilogue - 11/24/2022 - Complete

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago I don't know if I'd want to be named after the dead spouse of someone I know, but I'm glad Maddie 2's happy about it. XD.
Understandable.
It's a spiritual thing first and foremost. Also it's meant to build a symbolic bridge between Native (Mae'aed-dee) and the Newcomers with a good will (Maddie). It's clear that 'Muddy' was never a proper name and if there's a similar word in 'Creek', it's probably not a compliment either. And Mary, Kate, Jane... mean nothing to her.
And the 'new' Maddie is very much her own woman.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

I must say, Chapter 20 is amazing stuff - but I have to read it again - so complex it is [mention]GreyLord[/mention]
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago I must say, Chapter 20 is amazing stuff - but I have to read it again - so complex it is @GreyLord
Thank you very much, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. We wanted to have a good story in its own right, not just a vehicle for TUGs. None-the-less, lots of TUGs ahead.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

That was one long update, but a very good one. Thank you. I agree to Caesar73's remark, it was a complex chapter.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

[mention]Nainur[/mention], thank you for sharing your insights. Since you are the creator of Muddy/Maddie, they are of particular interest.

h56jh1 wrote: 1 year agogreat chapter
Thank you for reading and for commenting, [mention]h56jh1[/mention].

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago That was one long update, but a very good one. Thank you. I agree to Caesar73's remark, it was a complex chapter.
Thank you for your comment, [mention]slackywacky[/mention]. You are making me wonder about the perception of chapter length. Actually, this chapter, Chapter 22, is shorter than the two previous chapters. Chapter 22, length 3,565 words. Chapter 21, 4,143 words. And Chapter 20, length 3,849 words. I think the answer must reside in the complexity of the material. Should you have further thoughts on this, I would be most interested in hearing them.
Spy Task Force Completed
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago
Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago I must say, Chapter 20 is amazing stuff - but I have to read it again - so complex it is @GreyLord
Thank you very much, @Caesar73. We wanted to have a good story in its own right, not just a vehicle for TUGs. None-the-less, lots of TUGs ahead.
No complaints on my part, I like that approach, I aim to do that myself. And you are telling a great Story.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago I think the answer must reside in the complexity of the material. Should you have further thoughts on this, I would be most interested in hearing them.
It felt like a longer update. Maybe indeed due to the content, maybe because there was a lot happening. Although I try to make my chapters roughly the same length (3 pages for All in the family and Bondage model, 5 pages for Hitchhiker), sometimes they are longer, sometimes they are a bit shorter. In the end it comes down to what you are trying to convey to the reader.

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Thank you, [mention]slackywacky[/mention].

[mention]TayDay95[/mention], [mention]Caesar73[/mention], [mention]wolfman[/mention], [mention]Beaumains[/mention], [mention]slackywacky[/mention], [mention]banshee[/mention], [mention]NotSeen[/mention], [mention]FabianStr2016[/mention], [mention]Red86[/mention], [mention]Boundcurious[/mention], [mention]Nainur[/mention], [mention]RopeBunny[/mention], [mention]Damsel-Dilara-Dee[/mention], [mention]Jake78045[/mention], and [mention]Bandit666[/mention]

You have posted comments on one of my stories. That is appreciated very much. Please tell me what you think about the Tale of an Archer. If you would like your tag added or removed from this list, send me a PM or a post with that request.

-----

Chapter 23 - Jordan Meets An Archah (M/F)
By @GreyLord and @Nainur

Maddie was hanging on Jordan's every word. She was comforted, seeing that their Plantation Home was in danger from a few directions, but at least one possible threat had only a slim chance of actually causing a problem. Yet she continued to ponder this matter and would do so the following days. She could easily live in the poorest of huts, but she wouldn't have that for Jordan. Jordan had caught her, however, by surprise. "My…own crossbow? Now?" She dashed towards Jordan to jump at him, clinging her legs around his waist, and hugged and kissed him. "You are so good to me!” she cried. “Your trust and care shall be rewarded, my dear archah! You will see.”

At Jordan's firing range, they set up a target with a big circular bullseye, two meters in diameter. Now they stood fifty meters away. He started explaining, "These crossbows are very powerful. The shape of the limbs is called a recurve. That puts more energy into a bolt than the standard curve. These have a pull of one hundred and fifty kilograms. It could be made more powerful, but then it would take longer to pull the string back to make it ready to fire. That is called spanning."

“I have made three ways of spanning these weapons. They are progressively harder but also progressively faster. The easiest and slowest way is to use this attachment called a windlass. It attaches here, at the back of the shaft. I make sure that the trigger safety is engaged. Then we hook these two leads on the bow strings. Now point the bow down and rest it on the ground. That metal plate that looks like a stirrup is exactly that. I put my foot in the stirrup to anchor the bow and can easily turn the handles of the windlass, and you see the bow being pulled back. Listen for a click. That means the string is behind the trigger mechanism. I back off the windlass and let the trigger mechanism hold the force of the string."

He told her how to set the sight for different distances and line up the sights with the aim point. After placing a bolt in the crossbow, he released the safety and aimed at our target. Pulling the trigger released the bolt to fly to the target, sticking close to the center of the bullseye.

“Okay, Maddie. Are you ready to try? You can go slow and ask questions if you like. In your next lesson, I will show you how to use a pulley to span faster.”

“Please, show me this way again!" Maddie had watched wide-eyed. She had seen all clearly but was eager to be sure. She even crouched to see better how the windlass was attached and detached. Maddie had heard of these weapons but had not been close when Jordan had shown his product to Chief Samuel and the Creek before. This was totally a different experience than working on the wood in the shop. Then she was ready but started very carefully, constantly looking to Jordan to see if she was doing well. The mechanism was a sensation in itself. Then she took aim, but she pulled the trigger too vigorously, jerking the crossbow! The bolt hit the innocent grass just before the target, slightly left of the middle. "Oh!" she gasped, crestfallen. "Why…? What…?"

“No problem, Maddie. Not bad for your first shot. Do it again. This time, hold your breath before you shoot. And squeeze the trigger slowly, so you won't know when it will fire."

Maddie bit her lips, frowned, then spanned her crossbow again. The next shot hit the target, but low again: maybe 20-25 cm above ground, again slightly to the left. Maddie made a scowling grunt and spanned again without much ado. She aimed anew, and Jordan saw her aim was much higher.

Jordan praised her, “Good, Maddie. You already are seeing how to adjust your aim. You will continue to improve.”

She had hit the bullseye several times when the quiver was empty. They gathered the bolts and returned to the house for a late lunch. Maddie said, "You are training me to be your Bandit-Warrior-Woman!" And she was delighted with this. The Spirits knew precisely why they had wanted her to rescue him.

That afternoon, they continued their tasks in the workshop. Jordan found that his mind was turning to what might happen later that night. Maddie was occupying his thoughts more and more. Her unleashed free spirit was refreshing and rejuvenating.

Jordan wanted her in his arms. He wanted her in his ropes.

Maddie, indeed, was to be determined to master the crossbow. She felt an urgency, but most of all, a desire to please. To make Jordan proud. And perhaps to earn even the Creek's respect. A while ago, she did not care about the Creek, but now she did. It had changed like so many things.

She also set another task for herself, to polish Jordan’s crossbow again. She did not think it was proper for hers to look better than his. And she thought of carvings that should be applied.

The new work in the shop and the handling of the weapon caused minor pains in her hands, which weren't the softest ever, for she was used hard working with spade or ho and the like, but it was different here. She was certainly not used to complaining, and she did not complain now.

She worked on, silently most of the time, full of concentration, for that was her way. As the work was done, she asked Jordan, "I'd like to show you the archah, Jordan! Can we do that tomorrow? It won't take long. A ride to the river, and we can check the fields afterward."

“Maddie, you are helping so much. You are increasing my production rate significantly, yet you ask for so little. My answer to your question is yes. What if we start the morning tomorrow with your crossbow practice? We will do that every day for at least an hour. Then we will take the ride you want." She nodded, beaming.

“It is getting late in the afternoon. Let’s knock off work and get cleaned up for dinner tonight. Do you like fish, by the way? Unless you want something different, I thought we would have lemon peppered fish, fresh from the river, with slices of tomato and corn on the cob.

Maddie looked up gratefully. Among the wealth of information and knowledge that she was getting here was also something else new to her: love and support. And even more. A chance to contribute. Acceptance. Her own suggestions were valued. She nodded in agreement. "I do eat fish, but I have no idea how to cook it in the way you just mentioned. A very strange way, I dare say. Is it possible for Joseph to produce another pair of jeans pants for me? I do not want you to think of me as greedy or ungrateful, but I'd like one of just knee-length." For dinner, she chose her buckskin dress after her shower. This was the most familiar; therefore, she was very comfortable with it.

“Maddie, you don't have to know how to cook it. You just tell the kitchen to do it. The kitchen AI knows how. And you don't need to ask me for more clothes. Talk to Joseph, and he will get you what you want. Remember, you are a boss here. You are not greedy by any stretch of the imagination." She shook her head slightly – still awed by the change of her living.

We used the washroom to shower. Joseph brought us clean clothes. A tracksuit pants and a pullover shirt for me and Maddie's buckskin dress for her. Joseph said, "Maddie, is there anything else I can do for you?"

“Actually, yes!" Maddie replied, massively encouraged by Jordan's words before. She told Joseph about the short jeans and asked him if there was paint – she would need red, green, and yellow – and she would need it tomorrow after the morning crossbow practice.

Then she started telling Jeeves about Jordan's wishes for dinner. A look of amazement covered her face. She suddenly realized that she had not been speaking, but Jeeves had heard what she said or didn't say. She knew that this was her commlink. Jordan's link had informed him that Maddie was communicating with Jeeves. He said, "Yes, it slips up on you, Maddie. You will have complete control of it in a day or so."

Joseph said, "Miss Maddie, I can hear you too. Soon you will have more control and be able to send to just one if you wish. I will have your new shorts in the morning. I am adding a second one in what we call cargo style. It will have a lot of pockets for your use."

“Thank…you!” she replied. Voices in my head, she thought. Amazing!

With her mouth firmly shut, she broadcast, "Jordan, I would like to apply some tribal symbols on both Joseph and Goliath. If war would catch us, it might deter aggressive bandits if they detect Creek colors. You might want the house to be marked as well?" She thought the bots were still unnatural and spooky, but they were Jordan's, which was sufficient for her to take care of them now.

Jordan sent back to her, “What good thinking, Maddie. I hadn’t considered other Bandit tribes. Let’s do that!”

Jordan thought the fish was perfect and hoped Maddie liked it too. Maddie was very much surprised by the taste, she made a face at first, but after a few bites, she nodded slowly and, after all, found it to her liking. If Maddie had known the word 'exotic,' she would have used it. Also, she still fumbled a bit with the fork but obviously tried hard to master this. She emptied her plate and declared: "Strange, but delicious! I'd like to prepare you fish Creek style someday, dug in the Earth, wrapped in wet, spiced leaves, beneath a small fire."

Jordan acknowledged that he would like to try that. "I will look forward to enjoying your Creek-style fish. I know that it will be delicious."

After dinner, I said, “I would like to introduce you to one of my favorite music compositions, Borodin’s <i>Dance of the Polovtsian Maiden</i> & Polovtsian Dances.”

Dance of the Polovtsian Maiden & Polovtsian Dances Orchestration by N. Rimsky-Korsakov and A. Glazunov

“Since you liked <I>Scheherazade,</i> I think you will like this too. Sitting in an easy chair to listen to music has been my habit. But with you here, we can sit next to each other on the sofa. It is very comfortable too."

So Maddie sat beside him then, and he draped an arm over her shoulders as the music started. Without thinking about it, he stroked her arm, even finding his fingers keeping time to the music, circling her nipple. The word exotic and its meaning came to her over her commlink. She listened to the engrossing music in awe. She had no idea, of course, who the Polovtsian Maiden had been, but it was music that fostered her imagination just as Scheherazade had. She probably saw pictures of brooks, forests, birds, and the sun's dawn and dusk. Maddie also enjoyed his tender touch, not minding the attention. She felt desired, and she liked it. Smiling, she wondered if he would go further or if she needed to encourage him. She did not need to do so.

“Dear one, I will remove your dress and tie you up if you agree."

“I do agree, but could I be free to sleep for the night? Last night was a bit strenuous, and I had no rest the night before." Indeed! Her stamina was outstanding, but it was a sign of her understanding of her newly won status and the want of a good night's rest that she spoke. "Do you want me to squirm, or shall I be still?"

Someday, he would tell Maddie the story of the thousand and one Arabian nights and Scheherazade. On another night, he would tell her Russian stories from the Earth. But not that night. He relieved Maddie of her clothing and gently crossed her wrists behind her back. He tied her hands firmly and not tightly.

“Maddie, if you want to squirm, you should do so. If you would just like to lean against me and listen to the music, do that.”

Her small but firm body fit so perfectly against him. He kissed her lips softly, then her cheeks and her eyes. Maddie was as exotic as any Arabian or Russian princess. She was a princess in her own right. As he softly stroked her body, he was not consciously trying to arouse her but combed her hair with his fingers and found delight in moving his hand over her rib cage to her lean abdomen. Moving further down, he combed her pubic hair with his fingers.

Maddie was relaxed. She had expected to be quite trussed up more than this, but she liked it as it was and stretched her legs or bent them as she wanted, feeling strangely comfortable and cherished. Yes, she was loved and desired. While her mind followed the strange passageways, the music led her to and through new vistas and experiences. Her eyes were closed, for this world she was wandering upon existed only in her mind. She sighed. And all was well. Then the music was gone.

Jordan picked Maddie up in his arms and carried her to their bed. After carefully laying her in the bed, he untied her. Taking his place in the bed, he kissed her cheek and whispered, "I love you. We will make love in the morning." She nodded, but when he awoke, she was not in bed.

Despite the morning chill, Maddie knelt naked in front of the house in the dew – it was full dawn. She sang, not loudly but just like she was talking to someone: "Yeeeeehaaaaaah-whaaah-whaaaah-haaa!-Yeeeee-yay-yay-whaaaah-whaaaah-heeeeehay-yay-whaaaahah! - Yeeeeehaaaaaah-yaaayyeeehyahaaaw-whaaah-whaaaah-haaa!..." Her back was to the door, looking towards the sun. Her hands performed gestures as her arms were lifted most of the time.

He was still sleepy and thought he would get a mug of coffee and return to bed for some more shut-eye. He wondered where Maddie was when he heard a chanting sound from the front of the house. Looking out a front window, he saw Maddie kneeling in the grass and performing some kind of ritual. Jordan watched for a couple of minutes and returned to the bedroom. He wondered if she would tell him about it.

It needed some time, but Maddie was by no means waiting for Jordan to join her. It was a ritual, and when it was finished, it was finished. She went back into the house and told the house with an ease that she found astonishing to prepare breakfast of over-easy eggs with grits, bacon, and toast for Jordan and her, which shouldn't be served cold. Then she went to the sleeping room to see after Jordan. "Good morning! Time to rise!" she sat, still naked, beside him and declared, "I have slept wonderfully and already sung the house."

What a beautiful way to wake up. Jordan could smell the bacon. His first move was to give Maddie a big hug. "I am very ready for breakfast. Can you tell me about singing the house? What does that do for us? After crossbow practice, we will take that ride to the river you wanted."

Maddie took Jordan by the hand a bit awkwardly, for she could not remember having done that before – and led him to the table, grabbing her dress. "Singing the house is a ritual usually performed when a new hut or lodge is built, especially when a newly mated couple is moving in. It is supposed to attract the Spirits and ask them to protect the home. Normally all women of a family and their friends would gather to sing the house. Angela had told me she would try to come back with a group of Creek women someday to do it properly, but I thought I do it a bit myself for the time being. To keep away any evil in the meantime."

It is obviously a grave matter. And the confirmation of a commitment.

“I appreciate your attention to these things. Thanks for having my breakfast ready too. You might not want to wear your dress today. Remember, we will ride to the river after your crossbow practice."

This afternoon, he was going to show Maddie how to cut and prepare blocks of wood for the milling process, where the blocks are cut to the shape of the stock and the barrel. He would have to be very careful to impress the safety demands while working with laser cutting tools without scaring her. This occupied his mind much during breakfast. Maddie thought he was contemplating the ritual but was not irritated. She felt it was vital to please the Spirits and to call for them. If he tried to talk her out of this, he would show him how irritated she could be!

They stopped by the workshop to pick up Maddie's crossbow and quiver of bolts. At the range, Jordan told her to shoot at her own pace and that he would offer advice if he noticed anything. As he expected, her shooting was an improvement over the first day. Jordan praised her for it. Maddie, however, was a bit grumpy, unhappy not getting it better in a quicker way. She glared at the target and thought, 'We shall meet again tomorrow!'

After collecting the bolts, they dropped the crossbow off at the workshop and headed on to the barn. The horses were used to Joseph caring for them, but they were always glad to see a human. Bit by bit Maddie found time to do stable duty thinking it more proper to do it herself.

Maddie smiled at the praise but knew very well that it was not good enough. She also knew she'd do better with more practice and exercise. Maddie would take care to get it to prove her mettle, for she was that kind of a woman. She did something, or she did it not. Horse-riding was the same. Until the last days, she had not had much opportunity for horseback riding. But she had intuitive skills, which came in quite handy. Maddie deliberately led the way to look after the fields and Goliath first. She had told Joseph to follow and to bring a brush and paint as she had told him to prepare.

Jordan was pleased to see the plants that were doing poorly had perked up since they were here. Maddie was as well. Goliath had been at another field but returned to the vegetable plot before they arrived.

Maddie spoke to him, "Goliath, I want to paint Creek symbols on you. It is to protect you in the hostilities expected to come. Is that alright with you?"

“Of course, if you think it is needed,” Goliath responded.

Maddie hopped off her horse and went to Goliath with Joseph behind her. "I didn't think about how tall you are. I can't reach high enough. Can you lower yourself, Goliath?"

Goliath moved one of his six feet in front of Maddie and held out a hand. "I could, but it will be easiest if you use my foot as a platform and let me lift you to where you need to go."

Maddie saw she could securely place the paint cans in his hand and hold it for her balance also. She put the cans down, held his hand, and stepped on his foot. Goliath had a pretty good idea about where Maddie needed to go and lifted her. It was frightening, but Maddie was focused on the symbols she wanted to display. Maddie chose three spots: one on the front and the others on each side. They were not too large but clearly visible from 100 meters or so. Then she did the same with Joseph, albeit somewhat smaller.

“Goliath, Joseph: when you notice a symbol is dirty or damaged, you are to report it immediately if you cannot fix it yourself!"

Returning to the horses, she mounted again. Jordan said, “Maddie, you are getting to be a real expert working with the bots. Well done. Are we ready now for the rest of this adventure?”

Maddie smiled and led the way again. She thought it was about time to speak about 'balance' later that day. Maddie guided her man towards the river but searched for the tributing brook. It was a most lovely ground. But then there were stumps of trees and broken wood. Who did this? And there was a kind of a dam across the brook and a kind of mount, made of dirt, wood, and grass. Maddie dismounted and put her finger over her mouth. Silence.

After a while, furry heads of animals with big front teeth appeared, carefully looking around before propelling themselves with their enormous tails. Beavers! Maddie whispered: "These are archahs. Cunning, clever animals. Fine animals, skillful, and with great woodcraft. They are your totem! A splendid one! And so apt. You are Shordan Archah with good reason!"
Last edited by GreyLord 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Spy Task Force Completed
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Very nicely written chapter. Lots of details and thoughts have gone into this. It makes me wonder what the role play looked like that you used as basis for this story. I've never been attracted to role plays, maybe I need more visual clues to get the story.

Please keep going, this is excellent.

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago Very nicely written chapter. Lots of details and thoughts have gone into this. It makes me wonder what the role play looked like that you used as basis for this story. I've never been attracted to role plays, maybe I need more visual clues to get the story.
I agree absolutely. I like the pacing of the narrative. The story has a natural flow. Nice choice of music again - I like that piece of Borodin. It fits perfectly for the occassion!
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago Very nicely written chapter. Lots of details and thoughts have gone into this. It makes me wonder what the role play looked like that you used as basis for this story. I've never been attracted to role plays, maybe I need more visual clues to get the story.

Please keep going, this is excellent.
This was my first serious attempt at RP, [mention]slackywacky[/mention]. [mention]Nainur[/mention] had to put up with a lot bringing me along. I'm happy that you like the details. Sometimes the story makes us sacrifice our desire to rush to another TUG. Not that rushing to a TUG is a bad thing. Thank you for your comments.

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago
I agree absolutely. I like the pacing of the narrative. The story has a natural flow. Nice choice of music again - I like that piece of Borodin. It fits perfectly for the occassion!
Very kind word, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. Thank you very much.

h56jh1 wrote: 1 year agogood chapter
Thank you so much, [mention]h56jh1[/mention].
Spy Task Force Completed
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Probably one of the best written chapters so far.

Only, I am still very confused where this story is going. Is there going to be a war? For both Maddie and Jordan it seems very unlikely that they would kill anyone, and if they did, would have severe mental consequences. Also, the bots seem very strong assets in such a war.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Beaumains wrote: 1 year ago Probably one of the best written chapters so far.

Only, I am still very confused where this story is going. Is there going to be a war? For both Maddie and Jordan it seems very unlikely that they would kill anyone, and if they did, would have severe mental consequences. Also, the bots seem very strong assets in such a war.
Thank you so much, [mention]Beaumains[/mention]. You are probably seeing more of [mention]Nainur[/mention] work here.

As to where this is going, I will refer back to The Bandit Scout On Newhome. Buzz Harriman became the War Chief for the Bandits. He followed Lou's plan to avoid major conflict. But there were skirmishes. Unfortunately, what might be considered a skirmish from a global view point could still be very devastating locally.

You are correct that Jordan is not a warrior. But Muddy/Maddie has always believed that she is from another more war-like tribe. It is possible that she could take to war very well.

As for the bots, they are conflicted. They were built on Earth and have allegiance to Earth people but to Jordan Archer and Fred Kennedy in particular.
Spy Task Force Completed
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

[mention]TayDay95[/mention], [mention]Caesar73[/mention], [mention]wolfman[/mention], [mention]Beaumains[/mention], [mention]slackywacky[/mention], [mention]banshee[/mention], [mention]NotSeen[/mention], [mention]FabianStr2016[/mention], [mention]Red86[/mention], [mention]Boundcurious[/mention], [mention]Nainur[/mention], [mention]RopeBunny[/mention], [mention]Damsel-Dilara-Dee[/mention], [mention]Jake78045[/mention], and [mention]Bandit666[/mention]

You have posted comments on one of my stories. That is appreciated very much. Please tell me what you think about the Tale of an Archer. If you would like your tag added or removed from this list, send me a PM or a post with that request.

-----

Chapter 24 – Maddie Wants A Final Courtship (M/F)
By @GreyLord and @Nainur

Jordan whispered back, “These are wonderful animals. I have seen them at a distance, never close like this. They are quite some engineers, aren’t they?”

The beavers, or archahs, had him totally entranced. He felt proud that the Creek would associate him with these animals. Without thinking about it, he put his arm around Maddie and hugged her, enjoying this moment's companionship and beauty.

“Truly they are," whispered Maddie in reply. "Superb builders and skilled hunters too." Her soft body was almost melting into Jordan's. She was immensely proud of him. He was not a war chief but a man second to none. He did not only command tekk-now-logee but did it with care, devotion, and an eye for beauty. A man she respected, a man to whom she was proud to submit. The archahs, feeling safe again, continued their day's work. How they coordinated their coming and going was a mystery, but here a couple strengthened the dam. There was one going after a fish, and from a third direction, a few more brought wood and grass to support their fellows.

The feeling of contentment was certainly entering his Hall of Greatest Moments directly. They were here in this place of incredible beauty and nature. His new friends, the archahs, were doing their business as usual. Maddie was firm and soft against him.

It started with Jordan leaning over to kiss her cheek.

Maddie’s response was simple. Bandit style. “I want to make love to you.” Unsaid: here and now.

This was another memory that Jordan would always keep. This place is where he learned about the archahs. This place where they were such a part of nature. Here, where they made tender yet urgent love together and where no doubts could exist. And Maddie felt just the same. They needed neither ropes nor reason. The desire was mutual, and it felt absolutely right.

Later in the morning, they returned home. It did feel like a home to Jordan now and was no longer just the house where he stayed. That afternoon, he showed Maddie the lumber sheds where Goliath kept them stocked with various types of lumber. Jordan selected a 15cm x 15cm x 6m beam. With this, they could make six crossbow stocks and barrels. Joseph took care of moving the beam into the workshop. Indeed, Joseph could have performed all of the things Jordan was now doing, but he wanted Maddie to see the operation up close.

In the woodwork shop, Joseph placed the beam on the crosscut bench. Jordan explained to Maddie that for a lot of wood cutting, they used something called a laser. He told her that the laser they used for crosscutting was a powerful beam of light that could cut wood, flesh, or bone, and it was essential to stand in a safe place so the laser would not touch them.

When he was sure they were safely positioned, Jordan called out, “All safe, begin cutting.”

Maddie watched in fascination as the laser cut the beam cleanly and precisely. As soon as the cut was finished, Joseph pushed the beam a meter forward, and another one-meter block was cut. It only took a minute or two, and we had six 1m blocks from the beam. Joseph and Jordan moved the blocks to another machine. He told Maddie that this was called a milling machine. He had already given the milling machine the plan for the stock and barrel.

Over the next week, Maddie was introduced to every part of the manufacture and assembly of a crossbow. There were a few bottlenecks in the process, and Jordan spent extra time with Maddie at those places. These were places where Maddie would help even more than before, speeding up the complete process. And she felt elated because this was so much more than the tote and fetch role, which had been her life chiefly.

Jordan usually worked the crossbows in lots of five. The first new lot was six, so they could replace the crossbow he had given to Maddie. As weeks passed, it was also his great pleasure to see Maddie's skill with the crossbow improve daily. After three weeks, she consistently got all of her bolts in the target. She was tightening her group at six weeks and getting most of her bolts into the bullseye. And somehow, she relentlessly found time to start her garden project, groom the horses, polish Jordan’s crossbow, and perform some ritual or other that she deemed necessary.

Her bowstring broke one day. Jordan showed her the toolkit in the stock and how to use it to restring the bow. There was also a small vial of linseed oil for the wood.

“Maddie, we will take finished crossbows to the Creek in three more weeks. Most of your practice on the range from now on will be with targets at different distances. You will get to demonstrate your skill to the Creek. I am very proud of you, and the Creek will be too."

Maddie was having the time of her life, surely. It had become so natural that it was hardly noteworthy when Angela fulfilled her promise to visit them with a few other women to 'sing the house properly.' Maddie had the dinner ready for eight and the stable prepared to accommodate them, for, of course, the ritual had to be done at dawn.

She became the confident woman she always deemed herself to be but never truly was before being given, without being asked, to this man, Jordan, her very own Shordan Archah! Grudgingly, she conceded her prowess in shooting the crossbow was improving and finally found it acceptable, but Jordan's announcement caused only a brief smile. Her determination to excel became even greater not for her own good, but she would never let down her man! Yet one, nay two, things there were bothering her deep inside still, and she never found the right moment to talk about them. But she must.

“I thank you, my love!" she finally responded. "I'll do my best to improve even more by the time we go. But there is something I need to know and another you should learn. I have carried this for a time now and seeing that today's work is almost done, maybe it is time to sit down. These are serious matters in a way. Is it okay if we talk now?" She looked terribly small, shy, and insecure, suddenly.

“Yes, dear one. We can talk now. I would only have a problem if you did not come to me when something bothers you. I don't want you to have to carry anything alone. We are a team, and things must be shared for the team to work. Come, sit beside me and tell me what you are carrying."

“Well, there are two issues," Maddie said. "Well, please, do not misunderstand. I do not intend to force you into something you do not want! I am resolved to stay with you as long you will have me! I love you unconditionally! I'll be the proud mother of your children when we will have some! But I ask you to make me respectable. Will you undertake a proper Final Courtship to make me respectable?" She looked pleadingly.

Jordan knew that he should have brought this up himself. He said so and added, "This will be a happy day! In three weeks, we will be in the Creek village. We will talk to Chief Samuel and Amanda about our Courtship. I will also discuss this with Headmaster Fred Kennedy. Indeed, I want you to be my wife in the eyes of the Colonists as well as my mate in the eyes of the Bandits. Is your mind at rest about this now? But you said that you had two issues. What is the other one?"

Maddie did not give a damn about Colonist issues. All that counted in her mind was that it was appropriately done in her eyes and those of the Creek and, therefore, in any other tribe. However, as it seemed important to Jordan, she would not argue against it. She said, finishing, "You are not only making me happy but safe and respectable! I shall never forget it: you have my eternal love!" Then she waited a minute or so in silence: a clear signal that a weighty issue would be brought forward. Even more serious than marriage?

Finally, "Jordan, you need to know this, for it might cause issues in the future, yet I hope not. It is also connected with your given name. Balance is our main focus in life, certainly for the Creek but also for any other tribe I have heard of. Balance of life and land, being in harmony. Bandits do hunting and farming to fill their needs. To prepare for a bad season, we store provisions so that the families and the village are safe. There are a few who are even wroth to take an animal's life for their needs, which is more than I can understand, for indeed one has to eat and feed the children, and we were always hunters, too. I have been told that those folk avoid cutting trees. They use only deadwood just to prevent any disturbance of harmony! When I catch a Wuashkapeeh, I speak a small prayer to the spirits and ask for forgiveness. Harmony is almost everything. That is the reason why I was brought here. I disturbed the village's harmony, and I knew it. A disturbance because of mere existence. It was nobody's fault, and I was about to run away.

“Because of Chief Samuel's intervention, this is settled now. But there is more to it. When your people, when you came, this was a huge disturbance of the balance, a disturbance, which is far from being settled. I remember clearly when the people were telling each other about a lone Colonist building a huge hut only a few hours away. People were outraged, and some wanted to make war on you. Did you know that?" She had obviously thought about these words for quite a while. She was not at the end of her speech yet, but she looked up to see Jordan's reaction so she would have an opportunity to respond appropriately.

“Maddie, I do not know of the building you are describing. Nor do I know of the Creek's reaction to it. There hasn't been a reason for me to introduce you to maps. A map is a representation of land and its features. Jeeves, display the map from the Creek village to Kennedy on the wall monitor. See Maddie, here is the Creek village, and we are here." Jordan pointed out those locations on the monitor display. "And over here is Kennedy. Can you show me where this huge hut is located? The hut should be on the map because the map is updated frequently by the AI on Lou's ship, the Argonaut. Tell me everything you can about this hut. When was it built? Who goes to it and when?"

At first, she looked at it in awe as it was yet another magic trick. Then she was puzzled before she understood, "Oh, Jordan! This big hut is, of course, this very place, this house! You are the disturbance!" she wailed.

Jordan was dumbfounded at first. He had never guessed! It was never his intention to annoy the Creek. He had not thought of it in those days. He had been egocentric, like so many Colonists, and in grief. Here we are, mighty folk from the Erath, make way! It horrified him, and he asked, "Has there been a change in the disturbance since you sang to the house? Although I didn't know my house was a disturbance, I would hope that your singing, followed by the singing of Angela and the Creek women, would have helped. I don't think we are in any immediate danger since we have the blessings of Chief Samuel. Unless you tell me otherwise, I will consider our Final Courtship my top priority."

Maddie continued, "Well, Chief Samuel already helped before!" She lifted her hand to stop Jordan from speaking further. "All had been worried, and there had been even more of you. The women were scared about what might happen, so Amanda called all to be summoned for a meeting, and Angela spoke and some others, but then Chief Samuel stood up and spoke.

“And this is what he said, 'Ideally, we imagine balance as a quiet pond. Now, if someone throws a large stone into the water, there would be a splash, and waves would disturb the water. The Colonists are certainly a huge rock, and the water is massively disturbed, to be sure! But, if you dive into the pond to search for the rock to get it out, you would disturb the water even more while searching. And, if you found it, you would disturb the pond even more by removing the stone! But if you just wait, the waves will disappear, the water will calm down and be clear again, and the balance will be restored. Yes, there's a rock beneath the surface which wasn't there before, you could say, and this is certainly so. But harmony does not mean there would be no changes ever! We know from the tales of our wise women and men that generations ago, we lived somewhere else. Now we are living here! A slide of soil could change a part of a valley – isn't it quite natural? Would you carry the soil back to the hilltop so that everything will be as before? Think of the archah! They work with wood and earth and grass – they change a brook to improve their lives – is there anything wrong? No! So I am telling you we should wait to see if the water won't calm down after a short while. This Colonist is like an archah. He changes things to make life better. I believe he doesn't mean any harm, that he searches for peace while carrying a burden of his own, and we should wait to see what will happen!'

“These were Chief Samuel's words, and I am sure his scouts or even he himself had been here in secrecy to observe Goliath and Joseph. He decided not to attack but to wait and see what you would do. And they named you Shordan Archah, for you are changing things. When I overheard, I thought these words had been words of a weakling wroth to fight, but I know now he was right, and I was wrong!" She tipped with all fingers at both sides of her head. "The Spirits made me see! The Newcomers won't go, but the Bandits must not disappear. People like Angus and Fred Kennedy must prevail, and people like you must show the way!"

Strange! She refused, as other Bandits, to call Kennedy, the city, as such, but named it 'Ken-and-Eddie,' but she had no such issues with Fred! She continued. "And, yes, I believe you are safe now and you are because of yourself! I am just helping as I can, hoping we will be together forever!"

Jordan was in awe. He owed Chief Samuel so much more than his good relationship with the Creek! He held Maddie and said, "Maddie darling, discuss this with Angela and let me know if she has any advice for us. "

After dinner that night, they sat on the sofa together, which had become their habit. Jordan asked Jeeves to play Swan Lake for them.

P.Tchaikovsky Suite from the ballet "Swan Lake" Moscow State Symphony Orchestra.D.Filatov conductor

“I think our life is fantastic together, Maddie. I love tying you up and making love to you. It is great when you are struggling, and it is great when you simply relax and enjoy me having my way. I love making love to you when you are not tied up too."

She simply smiled. Why Jordan had to talk about it was beyond her. Of course, it was great. She would have spoken if she wanted something different or was not satisfied. But then she understood why he talked this way.

“It is also wonderful when you submit to being bound in a predicament, and I can play with your body while you struggle to free yourself. Of course, sometimes I start just to play, and nature turns it into sex. You seem to enjoy those scenarios as well. From my understanding of the mating ceremony, I must demonstrate that I can safely put you in many very strict predicaments. When we played with predicaments, I avoided being too severe because I did not want you to think I was punishing you.

“I would not want us to fail our Final Courtship. Do you think that we need to up our predicament game? You know the Creek way much better than I do. Let me know your thoughts on this and our house being a disturbance."

Maddie grinned. "Indeed, you have not discovered how tough I can be. Yes, I think we could step up a bit. You could pretend I would be a foe or the daughter of your enemy. We could pretend you would capture me and take me away, gagged and blindfolded, tied all over, and at your mercy. I would like to be very much restricted and even whipped for your pleasure, for I know you love me and will take care of me! Let's do it today, and I would like to be gagged, for I have said all I wanted to tell you!"

“Strip down and then come and sit by me on the sofa," Jordan suggested. "Maddie, I have hogtied you many times now. A few times, I pulled your ankles tightly to your hands. This put a small arch in your back. This afternoon, I will tie your hands in a reverse prayer with your upper arms locked tightly to each other and your torso. Then I will use your chest harness to pull your ankles into a hogtie that arches your back to its limit. Are you up for this?"

“If I am not, I will be by the time you get me rigged!" Maddie replied proudly. "Do what you can!"

Having undressed, Maddie took her seat next to Jordan as he had asked. He took her shoulders and turned her so that her back faced him. Taking her wrists in his hands, he pulled her arms behind her back and lifted them until her wrists were between her shoulder blades. Jordan wrapped four loops of rope around her wrists and tied them off. No cinch was needed because everything was locked down, and Maddie had only minimal movement of her hands and arms.

Jordan's next step was to use loops of rope around her arms just above her elbows to pull her elbows closer together, tight enough that Maddie would notice the pressure. He continued with turns around her chest and arms above her tits and a couple more just under them.

Jordan worked the bight of a rope up between her arms and her back until the rope hit the lower loops around her chest. He ran the rope, on both sides, around the outside to Maddie's front. The ropes went over her shoulders and crossed behind her neck. They trace the path back over her shoulders and under her armpits.

He threaded the ends of the rope between Maddie's upper and lower chest loops and brought the ends out the other side. He repeats, passing the rope to her front, over her shoulders, behind her neck, and continuing back down. Jordan tied the rope ends off on the upper loops between her arms and her back.

“Maddie, you asked for a gag. But we don't have anyone to act as a Guardian and tell me to back off if I go too far. So you must talk to me and let me know if something is too much. How are you so far? A reverse prayer is stressful, but there will be much more stress when I add the hogtie."

Maddie had put on some weight since her arrival, so she was less skinny, although far off getting plumb. However, she was pretty unspoiled by the dictates of fashions which could be so demanding on Earth. Maddie did not care much because it resulted from far better nourishment and less strenuous work than she was used to. She thought she might even be prettier because of it. That aside, Maddie was still limber and flexible. She exercised regularly and was full of energy. She was still on her feet from dawn till dusk.

She found this reverse prayer position strange and thought she was helpless. Maddie did not remember witnessing it before. Possibly it was known and used in one or the other Creek hut. But she wondered about the name, though. Who would pray that way, reverse or not?

Maddie moaned gently as the ends were led over her shoulders and across her body and arms. She shook her hair carefully to keep it free from being entangled with those coils, but she did not want to disturb Jordan. She was restrained quite effectively and sensed it might become uncomfortably given time. She did not mind. Maddie had challenged Jordan and was expecting a powerful binding from him.

She moaned again. This was pleasure, pure pleasure to a submissive bandit-girl. She was treated in honor and love, with care and devotion. She had dreamt about this many times. “Aaaahhhh, this is good,” she sighed. She wiggled a little with her shoulders. "I am quite helpless already!" she giggled. “This is wonderful, darling, wonderful. And this is only the beginning? Please, continue!”

Maddie looked over her shoulder a bit cheekily. She wanted more. She was also breathing deeply, for she was also aroused.
Spy Task Force Completed
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago This is wonderful, darling, wonderful. And this is only the beginning? Please, continue!
She will get what she asked for (I hope).
Great update, well done.

Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

Fabulous simply famous I love the mixture of events, the tenderness shared. In quite moment. The creativity displayed by yourself [mention]GreyLord[/mention]. Though it took a while for me to catch up. Left me a little confused at one point. Till I realised I’d missed a key chapter. But then that’s the point. Each chapter steers the plot this way or that. Which is why. Among barely a few others I return time and time again. Waiting watching my my cue to race here for more
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago She will get what she asked for (I hope).
Great update, well done.
Maddie is entering a time of great excitement in her life. I'm glad you are enjoying our humble contribution, [mention]slackywacky[/mention]. We will continue working hard to meet your expectations as that tale unfolds.
h56jh1 wrote: 1 year ago excellent chapter.
Thank you very much, [mention]h56jh1[/mention].
Bandit666 wrote: 1 year ago Fabulous simply famous I love the mixture of events, the tenderness shared. In quite moment. The creativity displayed by yourself @GreyLord. Though it took a while for me to catch up. Left me a little confused at one point. Till I realised I’d missed a key chapter. But then that’s the point. Each chapter steers the plot this way or that. Which is why. Among barely a few others I return time and time again. Waiting watching my my cue to race here for more
Your kind words are appreciated, [mention]Bandit666[/mention]. And it is good to see you post again. @Nainur and I are trying to tell an interesting and complex tale as well as the tugs. Glad you are enjoying our work.
Spy Task Force Completed
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

That stone and pond analogy actually seemed pretty insightful. Very interesting.

Not related to these recent chapters, but I've been kind of thinking a bit about the differences between the ways you and I portray the future in our story. There's a lot of ways to describe it. Civilization being outward facing vs inward facing. Sapient machines serving humanity vs non-sapient machines ruling humanity. Kind of neat to think about.

Thanks to Mineira1986 for the banner!

Check out my stories on deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/shotrow
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago That stone and pond analogy actually seemed pretty insightful. Very interesting.
The same thought occurred to me too :) It will be intersting to see how the relationship between Archer and Maddie - I am still not used to calling her that :) - develops. It seems that Archer relates more and more the ways of the Bandits, if I am not mistaken.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago That stone and pond analogy actually seemed pretty insightful. Very interesting.
I agree, [mention]Shotrow[/mention]. That particular segment was written by [mention]Nainur[/mention] and he deserves our thanks for that analogy.
Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago Not related to these recent chapters, but I've been kind of thinking a bit about the differences between the ways you and I portray the future in our story. There's a lot of ways to describe it. Civilization being outward facing vs inward facing. Sapient machines serving humanity vs non-sapient machines ruling humanity. Kind of neat to think about.
There are so many ways of looking at the future, [mention]Shotrow[/mention]. I appreciate your comments very much. They take me back to a conversation that I had with the SF author, Gordon Dixon about 45 years ago. He envisioned colonization of other planets where each planet would specialize in a some particular human trait. One planet was military and another was religious.

And who knows what will happen come the Singularity: your vision, my vision, the Terminator's world, or an infinite spread of other possibilities. A lot of our readers might live to see the Singularity. Less chance of that for me. This is enough to make one think about that ancient Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times!"
Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago
The same thought occurred to me too :) It will be intersting to see how the relationship between Archer and Maddie - I am still not used to calling her that :) - develops. It seems that Archer relates more and more the ways of the Bandits, if I am not mistaken.
Your comments are most welcomed, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. Please note my reply just above about the stone and pond analogy. The Bandit's kink certainly appeals to Jordan. But he is forever a technologist.
Spy Task Force Completed
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

-----

Chapter 25 – Preparing for the Courtship (M/F F/MF M/FF)
By @GreyLord and @Nainur

Jordan thought, "My Maddie is a wonder. How is it possible that I could have found even one Maddie in my life, much less two? This Maddie has the spirit of my first Maddie." Jordan moved off his seat and knelt in front of her feet. He crossed her ankles at right angles winding rope around them horizontally and vertically.

Standing, Jordan laid Maddie on her side on the sofa before turning her face down. With her ankles tied at right angles, her knees were pushed out to the side. After pulling her feet back to her butt, he tied her ankles to her thighs. Because of her crossed ankles, one ankle wasn’t as close as the other to its thigh.

“Maddie, my next step will be to pull you into the tightest hogtie you have ever endured. I want you to be honest with me. As I arch your back, it will be uncomfortable. But I don't want it to hurt you. You must tell me how you feel as I do this. You will, won't you?"

Maddie observed Jordan while he rigged her but was only partly interested in how he placed the ropes and tied the knots. His face, by now a much-favored sight of hers, showed concentration and love and devotion. She knew she was loved and safe. The last of her doubts had disappeared if indeed any were left. A Final Courtship ceremony with pink ropes vanilla-style would simply not do! It was important not for her pleasure but for her self-esteem that her man was willing to go the whole way without being cruel. Cruelty was the last thing she put into context with her own Shordan Archah! "Of course, especially as you said so!" she smiled. It would be a proper test, demanding much of her stamina. Hardship did not matter. What mattered was that she was trussed up as she never had been before! She deemed herself lucky, so she inhaled and started to bend her spine by herself as a further sign of consent. A proper courtship needed preparation, as did any good thing.

Jordan said, "Excellent, Maddie. I am going to continue. I know that it will stress you. But I don't want anything going numb or tingling. Tell me if that happens or if anything is painful."

He made a lark's head noose attaching her ankles to the rope loops behind her neck. As Jordan pulled the noose tighter and tighter, her shoulders lifted off the sofa. He continued tightening until her knees and tits were raised. Her feet were positioned past her butt and were over the small of her back. Jordan didn't know anyone could arch to this degree.

Maddie was still smiling, and it was time to apply the gag. He filled her mouth with a bandanna and used a rope to hold it inside. Jordan looped the rope around her ankles, lifting her head high. After several loops, he tied off the rope.

This was the most restricted and helpless way Jordan had seen anyone tied. "Maddie, making a sound twice a row is your safety signal. If you do that, I will untie you. Right now, make a sound three times to tell me you can do that. Okay?"

Maddie looked up, frowning. She had never seen anyone bound this way. Maddie took it like one the famous Lou had had to endure to impress the tribe that kidnapped her, the Bucks. She always fancied herself to be nearly as tough as the famous Lou! She knew, however, what to do now. "Umph…umph…umph!" She tried to look as comfortable as possible. She was not willing to get loose this soon by far. She wanted to test her limits!

Jordan praised her, "Good girl, Maddie. If you make that sound twice again, I will cut you free quickly. I will let you settle into this bondage unless you make the sound. There is no shame in asking to be freed. This is a very tough tie. I will not leave you like this, even for a second. I will keep a hand on you so you can be sure I am here even if you can't see me. It's hard to turn your head right now."

Jordan kept one hand, and sometimes two, moving over her body. He wasn't trying to arouse her. He wanted to assure her that he was always there. But it indeed aroused Jordan!

A single "oomph!" for confirmation, then Maddie went still. Of course, she could endure this for a while, for she was 'Mae'aed-dee,' stout and resourceful of heart and not without reason. Her eyes unfocused, and she reduced her breathing and slipped into a trance-like state of mind. She reached out, convinced the spirits would support her, although no real support was needed, for she knew she was in the best care possible. In her mind, she sang the house once again to pass the time and reject any evil spirit lurking… "Yeeeeehaaaaaah-whaaah-whaaaah-haaa!-Yeeeee-yay-yay-whaaaah-whaaaah-heeeeehay-yay-whaaaahah! - Yeeeeehaaaaaah-whaaah-whaaaah-haaa!..." And the rhythm of her chant caused her blood to slow. The time passed smoothly, too.

Jordan thought Maddie looked like she was doing fine. But she had been arched for half an hour now. It was time to bring her some relief. He started removing the gag and continued with the hogtie. "Maddie, you are absolutely amazing. No one else could have lasted this long. Even though you didn't signal me to stop, my judgment said it was time to free you. Now I have a surprise for you."

Maddie was surprised, even shocked briefly! Had she passed out? Unconsciously moaned two times? She struggled – well, tried to, for there was no leeway at all – as the meaning of Jordan's words sank into her. "Pha…phou…could…have gone longer…" she muttered. But she was woman enough to love being praised, and to get a surprise must be a reward, surely! "A surprise? Erm, there's no need to untie me completely, darling!"

Jordan Archer answered, "For this, I need you to be free. You will see."

After removing the last rope, Jordan picked her up and walked out the back door and into the wash house, carrying her in a bride-carry. This isn't bad either, she conceded, but what she saw made her look up at once. A thickly padded table was set up with two layers of thick blankets. He lay Maddie down on one blanket and covered her with the other. A glass of bug juice and a jar of body oil was set out next to the table, and Jordan put some oil on the palm of one hand and briskly rubbed his palms together to warm them while Maddie drank the juice. Then he started massaging Maddie.

“All you have to do, Maddie, is lay back and enjoy.”

An hour later, Jordan finished having worked on every part of her. “Now, how are you feeling. Did that work most of the kinks out? And are you ready for the next part of my surprise? It should take care of anything that is left.”

Maddie did not protest, "There's more?" She knew that she liked to play captive. Shaking out her arms and legs was always satisfying once she was free. This massage, as Jordan called it, was almost a miracle. She wondered what else was coming. Maddie had obeyed and experienced something she had never dreamed of. She moaned and sighed a lot of pleasure and delight. She was undoubtedly the happiest of all bandit girls! She even shed a tear or two. That was the measure of how happy she was. Then she looked up, her eyes bright, purring, and replied, "You are most wonderful, my love, my dear heart, my pillar, and my shield! I love you! But another surprise? How can I ever have earned it?"

Jordan told her, "For too long, I kept putting off finishing our tub bath. I have not just finished it. I have made it into what Earth people call a hot tub. It has jets of hot water. The idea is to get clean first, then immerse in the hot water and soak. Let's shower and give it a try. How did you earn this? You deserve this and everything else that I can do for you."

So Maddie experienced yet another marvel of tekk-now-logee! Before carefully entering what he called the hot tub, she followed Jordan's lead, as if having a shower was not marvelous enough. She joyfully squeaked in her surprise and pleasure and enjoyed this sensation but mischievously concluded that she might earn new rewards just as well. She turned to her man and wiggled closer, keeping one end under the water to embrace him with just the other arm.

In the next few weeks, lots of things happened. News from Kennedy forebode terrible days ahead. Talk of skirmishes between Colonists and Bandits had been part of the news. The construction of crossbows continued apace. And with Maddie, a quick learner and a hard, even relentless, worker, stepping up each day, Jordan's schedule was surpassed. And every day, rain or shine, Maddie also practiced with the crossbow in deadly earnest. On days when it was raining cats and dogs, she simply undertook reloading drills and quick-repair training, and so on. The day came when they were finally ready to deliver the batch of crossbows and also a few other finished products. Joseph loaded the wagon with them. Maddie expressed there was no way she would go to the village in jeans. She had taken care that her buckskin dress was cleaned and in order and asked Joseph to produce buckskin leggings and a halter, too, so she would make a fine appearance as a bandit-woman.

But one thing was different. Creek women usually had a single, broad braid or their hair free falling, just secured by a small headband, and this had also been her hair-do when she had arrived and most of the time. But she had looked at one of the late Maddie's pictures repeatedly. She adapted her way of hair from the picture. While the late Maddie's hair had been shorter than Mae'aed-dee-Maddie's, she liked to have a small braid beginning on each of her temples, connecting them with a filet on the back of her head. This was what Mae'aed-dee-Maddie was showing now as well. It was both a token of respect and independence. And as she stood there, ready to go back to the Creek, she was a different person from the one that had been taken away from that very place. She looked at Jordan in that very peculiar, universal way of a woman wanting to know if he would approve.

He did.

-----

Angela, however, was feeling frustrated. Without her commlink, she thought that she would have gone quite mad. Angus talked with her over the link several times each day. And she spoke to Maddie almost daily. Talking to Maddie added to her frustration because Maddie was so deliriously happy with Jordan. It seemed they were making love like bunny rabbits. But Angus had not been able to get off to visit Angela.

She believed what he told her. The Colony was inching closer to war with the Bandits. Unihold was applying all of its knowledge of the human mind to guide the Colony into the least aggressive position they could. Angus's skills were needed at Unihold his every waking moment. Angela understood that this helped make the future safer for Bandits, for her. That did not keep her from wanting him here.

The bondage circle was not the same without Muddy. She was not even sure they should call it the bondage circle any longer. Much of the time that they spent together was used for crossbow practice. Tonight, they were going to have an actual bondage session. Maddie described her recent experience with Jordan tying her up in a reverse prayer hogtie. That did not keep her from feeling very lonesome. Well, it would help if she could play with her young friends for a while.

“Sheilah, Tommy, we have worked with reverse prayer ties and hogties. Tonight, we will combine those with a chest harness to make the most back-arching hogtie ever. Sheilah, are you ready to be first?"

Sheilah did not know the details of what had happened between Angela and the Colonist, Angus McTavrish. She could see that Angela was not the same person she used to be, at least not all the time. Tonight she was the old Angela. At other times, she would just stare off into space.

“My pleasure, Angela,” Sheilah stepped up and presented her back to Angela.

“Tommy, hold your sister’s hands together, palm to palm. Pull her wrists up to her shoulder blades.” Angela lashed Sheilah’s hands together. Then, making a noose, she looped it around Sheilah’s upper arms just above her elbows.

As Angela pulled the noose tight, Sheilah embarrassed herself, saying, “Ouch! Oh, I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to say that. I’m okay.”

Angela said, "No, this is supposed to be tough. You should always let your dom know if something hurts. That is not a sign of weakness. It is a sign of mutual cooperation." Angela backed off the noose a little, still leaving Sheilah uncomfortable. The ends of the rope coming out of the bight were quite long, and Angela looped them around Sheilah's chest below and above her breasts. Finally, the ropes were brought under her armpit and over her shoulder to keep any loops from slipping down and around in front and behind her neck. Then it continued to the other side, making a mirror image before it was tied off.

Angela made a high ponytail with Sheilah’s hair, attaching a rope to it for later use. “Are you okay, Sheilah? Be truthful.”

“Angela, this is the toughest tie that I have been in. Truthfully, I would not want to stay this way all night. But I want to see where you are going with this.”

“Alright. Tommy, help your sister to the ground, face down. Then tie her legs above her knees, but not very tight." Angela proceeded to tie Sheilah's ankles together. Angela continued until Sheilah was trussed close to the description that Maddie had given her.

Without delay, Angela tied Tommy in the same manner. When he was rigged, Angela untied Sheilah, and they both untied Tommy. Then it was Sheilah's turn to rig Angela and Tommy. Finally, Tommy got his turn.

-----

Jordan exclaimed, "You look absolutely fabulous, Maddie. I think your spirit and my former Maddie's spirit are growing closer. Let's head out."

The wagon was a large one. It was loaded to overflowing. It held two hundred crossbows for the Creeks. And, in anticipation that they would have a Final Courtship ceremony, they finished the load with steaks and slabs of meat for roasting. The two-horse team had no trouble pulling the wagon with a regular load. Today, Jordan added the two riding horses cross-trained for the wagon. Maddie did not like sitting on the wagon. But she would do so to stay close to Jordan.

They would be staying with the Creek, at least for the time being. Their job would be to train as many Creek as possible to become crossbow fighters. That Maddie had become highly expert in half a year should motivate them.

Maddie, as always, took everything in her stride. It was still in the cool of the morning as they headed upriver to the Creek village.

Jordan did not rightly know how or to what intensity the Creek guarded their frontiers. He knew that just because he had not seen one, that was not proof that they had not placed sort of sentries or sent out patrols close to the Plantation House, for he remembered that Maddie had called Joseph for help in signaling with smoke. That day he could see them because two showed briefly to wave before disappearing again. This happened well before they arrived at the village. The happy days were gone, obviously. But one thing had not changed: the appearance of the wagon caused nearly the same commotion as last time. It was not a daily sight; children came a-running, and people looked up, but they were not agog. Maybe the view of Maddie, entirely changed from what she had been, caused a more extended look or two. Samuel and Amanda greeted Jordan as always, and a few Elders also came to hear the news. "Shordan Archah, you a very welcome, and so are you, Mae'aed-dee!" cried Samuel. Amanda was all smiles, offering Maddie a hug, which she accepted after a moment of shyness.

Jordan answered, "Greetings, Chief Samuel. Greetings, Amanda. Maddie and I hope you and all of the Creek are doing well. We hope that you are untouched by the hostilities. I understand that you have talked to Headmaster Kennedy about us?"

Jordan had always stayed in loose contact with Headmaster Fred Kennedy. He was with the Creek because of him, after all. Jordan was very pleased when Fred told him that he had discussed their Courtship with Chief Samuel and that it would be a joint ceremony at the end of the Final Courtship that mated them Creek style and Earth style. This was surprising since Jordan had not yet discussed their Final Courtship with the Chief. The Headmaster said that not only had he talked to the Chief but that he would be there to participate in the ceremony. Serious talk was needed about the two hundred crossbows Jordan had brought and the training of Creek to use them. Also, he had brought enough quality food to feast the entire tribe. But Creek culture required that he follow the correct forms of politeness.

“Chief, Amanda, how are Tommy and Sheilah?”

Chief Samuel was smiling but indicated with a gesture that some issues would be discussed with the council at the proper place, and that place wasn't in front of his own hut. Amanda answered, "They are busy completing the preparations needed to house you in the guest-hut and will be with us in a short time. They are fine, though, and so are all of us. Would you like to unload your wagon right now, or will you follow us inside to accept a snack and a refreshing juice?"

“Juice and a snack would be most welcomed, Amanda,” replied Jordan. “Don’t you think so, Maddie?”

“Yes, thank you. And I brought a gift and hope you'll accept it!" Maddie responded, still feeling awkward a bit. For all her self-esteem, which had grown considerably, being on equal terms with the Chief was something she still needed to get used to. She produced a large bowl of thin but polished solid metal – a sight that caused wide eyes. The Creek used bowls of wood, ceramics, or earthenware pottery which were well crafted and beautiful enough, but shining, ornamented metal kitchenware was unheard of. The decorations were petals and flowers. "I designed this myself, and Jordan facilitated its production." Maddie blushed.
Spy Task Force Completed
h56jh1

Post by h56jh1 »

again you have created a wonderful chapter in this story, looking forward to many more chapters.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic