Tale of an Archer (M+/F+ F+/F+ F/M m/f f/f), Chapter 38 - Aftermath and Epilogue - 11/24/2022 - Complete

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Thank you for your insights, [mention]h56jh1[/mention]. There is much action ahead.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

That was an interesting read. I can understand the bot's reluctance against Muddy, but she did show things that all helped Jordan. The evidence will show that. Let's see what the Creek meeting will bring...
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Thank you [mention]slackywacky[/mention]. I'm pleased you still find this of interest. The tale will continue on 08/24/22.
Spy Task Force Completed
h56jh1

Post by h56jh1 »

Bottoms are so interesting, even if they are not yours. Conversations with Captive Chrissy Marie were so candid and a little eye opening into the mind of a professional bondage model who is a genuine bottom, not a sub and not someone just getting paid to be tied up. I was a member of her monthly club years ago when she posted a lame fake seat belt custom video and I sent her an email letting her know how disappointed I was. well she answered back that no one had ever sent her a email complaining about her "work" before. We talked worked things out and for a few more weeks talked back and forth on a lot of bondage and relationship issues as well, I'm an old man and she was just my uninhibited kinky "niece". She is a true bottom had to 'teach" the rigger she had used Matt how to tie her up so she couldn't get loose as well as the guy who began to rig her afterwards, she fell in love with him it seems, didn't take my advice that he was just an old loser friend of Dominic Wolfe. Anyway I've known a few bottoms over the years of my own and they are so much more fun than subs because a bottom will always tell you how they feel about the bondage and will "help out" with how to make them more helpless without excess pain, depending on their personal preference of course.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Thank you for those insights, [mention]h56jh1[/mention]. I hope you will post again soon, here or anywhere, to get your posts up to 10 so that we can PM.
Spy Task Force Completed
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

[mention]TayDay95[/mention], [mention]Caesar73[/mention], [mention]wolfman[/mention], [mention]Beaumains[/mention], [mention]slackywacky[/mention], [mention]banshee[/mention], [mention]NotSeen[/mention], [mention]FabianStr2016[/mention], [mention]Red86[/mention], [mention]Boundcurious[/mention], [mention]Nainur[/mention], [mention]RopeBunny[/mention], [mention]Damsel-Dilara-Dee[/mention], [mention]Jake78045[/mention], and [mention]Bandit666[/mention]

You have posted comments on one of my stories. That is appreciated very much. Please tell me what you think about the Tale of an Archer. If you would like your tag added or removed from this list, send me a PM or a post with that request.

Because of concerns expressed by some readers, I have been pushing the last several chapters out at the rate of one every four days. After today, I will return to my normal schedule of one chapter every five days.

-----

Chapter 20 – Muddy? Muddy is Gone!
By @GreyLord and @Nainur

A small time later, Muddy ushered Chief Samuel in with the Healer. Jordan saw that she was not wearing her buckskin dress but had dressed in colorful low riders and a halter. While the two stepped closer, gently and quietly, to greet Jordan, she quickly and quite deftly provided a new pitcher of that drink with two more glasses. Then she withdrew and joined the others outside. Samuel said, "My friend, I'm sure you remember Healer Angela. Please, let her look after you!"

Jordan replied, "Greetings, Chief Samuel and Healer Angela. You are most welcome in my lodge. It is kind of you to come, Angela." He tried to speak in a firm voice but failed. At this moment, he was not strong.

“Has Muddy provided you with everything that should be offered to a Great Chief and his companions? I owe particular gratitude to you for sending Muddy with me. I am certain that I would be dead if she had not been here. Doctor Angela, thank you for coming. Of course, I am at your disposal for any examination and treatment that you deem appropriate. Doctor, this seems like whatever it was that killed my wife, Maddie. Is that possible?"

The Chief replied, "Do not worry about your hospitality, Shordan Archah! We came to see after a friend of our tribe once we were notified of an emergency. And now we are here to deal with it! I am glad that the emergency is not as bad as we feared it might be, but I won't say yet that Muddy made a mistake calling out for our help. What is your opinion, Healer?"

After a quick check of his vitals and a sweep over Jordan's head, the Healer uttered her first assessment. "Indeed, Muddy made no mistake at all by notifying us. Messengers-of-Death are no joke. I thought she had no special training to deal with this. Yet, her response was remarkable. Although I would not have recommended knocking the patient out by almost breaking his skull with a spade. But she was right to immobilize you, and rendering you unconscious was a move that might have saved your life. I have no idea how she could dig a hole above the supposed nest, start a bonfire to burn it out, collect the plants to counter the poison, and treat you all at the same time. Her accomplishments here are almost miraculous."

Of course, Angela had no idea that Joseph might have done the digging under Muddy's direction as well as probably helping in the search for plants. "Yes, serious mistakes in that phase would have cost you your life. I have never been told of a case of a single person surviving on his or her own. Luckily these venomous creatures are very, very rare. I shall examine Shordan Archer closer, now!" Angela replied, indicating that she and Jordan should be left alone.

Samuel got the message at once. “And I shall check on the activity outside. Maybe we need to call up for more, but this remains to be seen. We have started to search for other nests just in case.”

Angela started to remove the bandage and was pleased with what she found. The dressing had been applied by Muddy, forbidding Joseph to touch it. "I see she sucked the wound with her mouth and used what we call 'healing moss' to cover it with a cooling leaf layer on top. She must have watched and listened carefully. I showed her one or two things before she was with you, but I had not thought she would pick up that much. She had fooled even me, as she appeared indifferently. She was not. She is far cleverer than even I thought, than any of us thought. Believe it or not, many think of her as dumb and slow of mind. But what she achieved here seems to be very well done. Good for you! I shall apply a tincture to avoid further infection and apply a new bandage. There's only a tinge of red above the bite. This is due to the first aid. And maybe some other help. Muddy said she danced for the Spirits during the night. Do you recall it?"

“It was as if I had a dream," Jordan answered. "I thought I saw a skeleton dancing, whirling and stomping its feet. Then the skeleton became Maddie, my deceased wife, except with dark hair. Maddie made me drink some broth she had made, and she was no longer Maddie. She was Muddy. Muddy saved my life, didn't she?"

“Maddie?" Angela was startled for a moment, but she talked on quickly while attending to the small wound. "You know, Shordan Archah, I believe you had no dream. But actually--well-- if a Creek said the Ghost Dance was performed for him, and he also saw the face of his late wife, then we would assume that he actually did. We would think her spirit was called, came, and attended the dance to support the loved one in the world of the living! So, maybe your late wife came to help indeed and thus supported Muddy in her effort. Which was extraordinary. And I do not speak of the physical effort but the spiritual. A servant would not do this. If a mere servant tried, the servant would not succeed. The Ghost Dance needs much devotion and affection for successful completion, especially when the invocation is done by a single person. And, I do not know what a 'doctor' is, but to my eyes, she most certainly saved your life. And now I understand why I was bewildered when she greeted us. It was not the worker that left us just weeks ago. It was a woman confidently greeting visitors to her home and offering all the hospitality, knowing the man or mate would want this. So I ask, did she become your mate, Shordan Archah?"

Innocently looking, Angela finished the dressing of the wound.

Jordan thought for a moment and replied, "Doctor is a title of respect given to a healer or a person of great learning, Doctor Angela. Your next question is much more difficult for me to answer. I have only known Muddy for a short time. Until yesterday afternoon, I thought that she would flee at the first opportunity. She had that opportunity yesterday, and she did not take it.

“It is true that I have longed for a mate, a wife. I told this to Chief Samuel, and I thought he had rejected my plea. Then, when he gave me Muddy to take home, I thought she was just a distraction. I have found her to be a woman of intelligence and depth. If she bewilders you, you can be certain that she also bewilders me. You ask if she is my mate, and my answer is that I truly don't know. I think that she could be. Do you have any advice for me?"

Angela passed a small cup with fluid she had poured from a tiny bottle. "Please, drink this. Aaaah, I am a doctor, then? This is a strange word, truly, like a hammer on wood, maybe? Dock-torr – dock-torr…" she giggled. Angela had a knack for distracting the patient. The drink was bitter but manageable. "Here, drink something on top." She poured from the pitcher. "It is normal to be exhausted. You mustn't feel mean about yourself. Yes, we all have been wondering what to do with her. Frankly, there was a sigh of relief among many Creek when she was put on your wagon. She was always a riddle. Willing and helpful, seldom complaining, but very silent and never at home. How could she be?"

“Advice? Let me see," she was packing her things in her bag again, obviously happy with the result of her treatment and Muddy's too. "I should tell you that Muddy and I enjoyed a special friendship. I suppose you have done much right already, Shordan Archah, for you must have impressed her already, maybe even more than she would admit. So, carry on with whatever you did. But in the end, there is her pride. I have noticed that she was always proud, looking contemptuously upon many with higher station. If a decent man of our tribe had been willing to court her in the right way, she would be a proud Creek woman already, but I never thought she would accept anybody, despite her somewhat lowly position. Advice…hmmm…I'll have a word with Samuel…and with her… but you have been present on the first day of the recent mating ceremony. I would not be surprised if it is this she wants in the end. To do things properly in accordance with her self-esteem. Should you feel better tomorrow, you should challenge her. Speak directly about what you want and if she is willing to consider and finally accept your rope, but be warned. I do believe she'll demand the strictest of bondage to soothe her pride!"

Jordan thought, “I have so much to think about. Did Maddie’s spirit join Muddy in her dance last night? Does Maddie want me to go ahead with my relationship with Muddy? If I go ahead, should I do it as a Colonist or as a Creek? Or am I now a hybrid, a mixture of both.”

While Angela was administering to him, he was also listening to the Colony news on his internal link. Lou Harriman had been condemned to hang by that pompous twit, Governor Joe Houston. Jordan continued his thoughts, "This was going to increase the tensions between the Bandits and the Colonists even more. Have I subconsciously known this was coming? Is that why I have been so focused on making crossbows? Could I let the Creek have them knowing that hostilities might erupt? I must talk to the Chief about Lou's sentence before he leaves."

“Doctor Angela, I am feeling much better already. Is there any reason I should not go outside to see what the Chief is doing? And is there anything that I can do for you? You have certainly discharged your obligation to me."

Angela answered, "If you are feeling well enough, I see no reason for you not to walk about a few steps." Angela was all smiles, the good Doctor providing confidence knowing she was near at hand. Anyway, her patient wasn't strolling off. She did not answer the second question. Jordan saw two Creek walking slowly along the edge of the woods, their eyes firmly fixed on the ground. They were watched by a stoic Chief Samuel, his arms crossed, with Muddy at his side. Muddy stood with her hands folded in front. She had just finished speaking with Samuel when she noticed Jordan's approach. Muddy and the Chief turned.

“I see you are feeling well enough, my friend. This is good!" He smiled, and so did Muddy, but suddenly her eyes narrowed, and the smile disappeared. Obviously, Angela had given her a signal. The two women walked off after Angela muttered a long sentence in Creek to Samuel. Samuel believed you detected the word 'muddy' in it. The women were not walking toward the other Creek but headed in nearly the opposite direction.

Samuel told Jordan, "The nest seemed to be smoked out properly and vigorously. Muddy did all she could there and more. Until now, we have found no other signs, which is not surprising. I have never heard of several nests in one place, but we wanted to check it. I think we can leave again soon, but she told me she has lunch planned and offered us the hospitality of your house again."

“Chief, you are a very wise man. I think my mind is still perplexed, primarily because of the speed at which things are happening to me. It would mean a lot to me if you would tell me your thoughts about Muddy and me, about our relationship. Angela asked if Muddy was my mate. How could she be? And thinking that I saw my wife, Maddie. That is the most confusing of all. Any clarity you can bring to me, Chief Samuel, will be welcomed. And when all of your colleagues can join us, I have important news for you about the Colony."

Samuel was offering to sit down on the grass and relax. He did this for two reasons: he correctly surmised that Shordan's legs were still wobbly, but more importantly, he wanted to prove that he deemed the place secure again. He sighed. "I fear that will be ill news, Shordan Archah, but I thank you already for sharing. Now, what can I say? Angela informed me in quick words what she was thinking. She believes that you have had a vision."

Jordan repeated what his blurred mind remembered. Samuel nodded gravely. As he spoke, he underlined his message with expansive gestures. "Maybe, for a Creek, it would be easier. Hum, my friend, your folk have a command of knowledge we Bandits have no idea of, and you are a fine example of it! But you know not much of our land and nothing of the Spirits! Nothing. We, and all the tribes I know of, believe that all is connected, and we are surrounded by all kinds of influences. We believe we can even feel more or less what the land or the wind is telling us. And certainly, we believe the spirits of our ancestors and dead loved ones are with us and might be present if we are open-minded to invite them. The Ghost Dance is an almighty ritual that is not danced lightheartedly! It is a prayer by body and soul. Muddy tried to reach out to friendly spirits, whatever might be around, and to deter unfriendly ones, should those be around. First, you do not do such a thing if you do not care about the situation. If someone had asked Muddy, 'did you do the Ghost Dance?' she would answer, 'why should I?' Nobody would be surprised. Nobody would ever ask. Such is the measure of the likelihood. She does care about you. This is certain. She is surprised by it as well if I am not mistaken.

Well, she danced, and to us, it is not too big a surprise that the spirit of your late Maddie was summoned. Not at all! And I would be comforted and glad if I were you! I counsel you not to doubt it but to accept the grace of Maddie's effort to support Muddy to help you. And in doing so, I would think that were I in your position and should Amanda's spirit appear, her presence was meant as supportive, agreeing to what I was doing. And you asked for a woman to be your mate, did you not? Now, here is Muddy. And why Angela asked if you consider Muddy as your wife is clear to me. Her behavior has changed. What Muddy did, how she greeted us, in all her words: that was no loyal servant speaking to us, but, well, more like a mate who has summoned assistance to help her man. Obviously, she is not your mate yet. But she might so become! This is something, however, that you will have to sort out with her on your own, but I shall be glad to hear the outcome!"

Samuel smiled, but his mind wandered off, and he addressed Jordan again. "You know, Muddy isn't a proper name. We gave her this one when she came to us, and it sufficed. She never complained and did what she was told to do, but her unrest was obvious. Now she seems calm, even happy, and my heart is finding joy in this, but she should get a proper name. Tell me, Shordan Archah, if you have a suggestion – is there an attribute or two to describe her from the moment of her arrival until now? Dirty, muddy—surely not?!" he smiled again.

“Thank you, Chief," Jordan replied. "You have given me a good perspective on these events. Muddy has, indeed, transformed herself into a new person. The name, Muddy, is not appropriate for her any longer. Since the spirit of Maddie joined with her, perhaps her new name should be Maddie. It is also possible that after suitable reflection, other names will suggest themselves. And, since it will be her name, her thoughts on this should also be considered.

“Now, you asked if there were attributes to describe her. Yes, I can name some. She is resolute, adventuresome, inquisitive, determined, and fearless. Of course, she is more than just these things. But these characteristics came to my mind first.

“While we wait for everyone to return, would you like to come into my home and try an easy chair? It may be something that you would like to order for yourself.”

Amos Samuel at first just nodded, liking the thought. "The birds, they are called Whuashkapeeh!" Samuel grinned. Then he startled and smiled again. "You know, in the Creek language, we would call a woman with a stout, resourceful heart 'Mae'aed-dee'! I am sure the spirits do have their hands in it: she shan't be Muddy any longer. I have the right as a chief to acknowledge it. She shall be 'Maddie'! I think you should tell her before we leave, in front of us as witnesses.

"I am looking forward to seeing her face!"
He struggled, without success, not to laugh out loud! "Let's go into your house. I see Angela and Maddie are coming back!"

Jordan escorted the Chief into the house and invited him to sit in the easy chair he usually used. At the front of the thickly padded armrest on the right side are several rows of buttons. "Chief, push the button on the left of the first row." He did and had a look of surprise as the chair began to recline and raise his legs. He took his finger off, and the chair stopped. He pushed it again, and it continued until he was almost horizontal. Jordan told him to try the button to the right. He did, and the chair started to raise. Jordan enjoyed the look on the Chief's face.

Before he returned to upright, Jordan suggested that he stop the chair and try the left button on the second row. He did, and the chair vibrated for him. Jordan told him that he could stop it by pushing the button again. Before Jordan could continue, Angela and Muddy, no: Maddie, entered, followed by the other Creek in the Chief's party. Maddie asked the Chief, "How do you like Shordan's tekk-now-logee magic?"

Samuel just nodded benevolently. He had just found the massage mode.

Not knowing it was now her name, Maddie said, "Everyone, please come to the table. It is time for us to eat." As Jordan came to the table, she set him at the head with the Chief to his right and Angela to his left. The places were already set with plates and utensils. She then went to the oven, which opened for her, and guided out a tray containing a roasted bird surrounded by beans, carrots, onions, and other vegetables. Freshly made bread was also on the tray. Butter was already on the table. The oven placed the tray on a trolley. On the edge of the tray was a large carving knife and fork. Jeeves told Maddie to return with the trolley as soon as she had placed the tray on the table. This was done quietly so that only Maddie could hear, but she whispered: "Jeeves, I ask you to inform your master to beg Chief Samuel to do the first carving as a gesture of respect. He should serve his guests of honor with a slice each!" This Jeeves did. She rolled the trolley to the table and placed the tray in front of the Chief, saying, "Chief Samuel, you and your tribe are welcomed to the hospitality of Shordan Archah. Please enjoy this Whuashkapeeh!"

She quickly served the other two birds and made a final trip for pitchers of water, ale, and bug juice. Glasses and carafes made of glass were obviously a great miracle. The Creek had much delight with Jordan's concoction that he called bug juice. Maddie then took her seat at the foot of the table and looked at Jordan. As Jeeves had informed him, he took this as a signal to begin. The effect of conducting the small ritual was noticeable, though the Creek did not take it as natural to find the former servant of the tribe sitting on the other end of the table, the place of the hostess. Jordan addressed his guests. "Do not wait any longer, my guests. Please begin carving the Whuashkapeeh! Serve your plates and start eating. Thank all of you for coming to my aid. The Creek are true friends, and I pledge to be a true friend of the Creek in return.

Now I have an important thing to say. You were called by my partner, Muddy. Chief Samuel told me that name is no longer proper for her. From this time on, she will be known as Maddie."

Maddie was startled, and she frowned. She did not know if she had misheard. But bandits had an excellent knack for hearing details of pronunciation because of their own language. And also, the message involved caused her to be speechless for the moment. So Chief Samuel intervened, and this was well, for it was a huge surprise for his tribesmen, save Angela, who was smiling silently. She had foreseen it!

"As Chief of the Creek, it is my pleasure to declare my consent, and I am sure the council will agree as well. Shordan Archah and I discussed this, and we agree. With the developments of the last days, such as saving our friend, no true Creek can disagree that for a stout, resourceful, clever woman, 'Muddy' is quite improper. So she will be known from now on as 'Mae'aed-dee,' or Maddie. Maddie, we welcome you in our midst!"

At this, there were agreeing sounds, and Angela and the others rose for the occasion. Maddie, still thunderstruck, rose too, as habit took over and everyone took her by the shoulders to say "welcome, Maddie', and this got her, finally, fully into the event. I have--no word--to express what it means to me. No word except thank you!" Her eyes, however, conveyed much to Jordan, but she was waiting for a time when they were alone again. If he had thought she had been emotional this morning, it had been nothing compared to now!

After the meal, Samuel thanked Jordan and Maddie for it in praising words. Then he said,
"Our host told me he received serious news, which he wants to share. Please, Shordan Archah, if you still think we should be informed, this is the time."
Spy Task Force Completed
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

I see turmoil in the future (and I don't think I need to be a fortune teller to say this). Now that MuddyMaddie is accepted, life will be different.
Very nicely written chapter.

Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago ... MuddyMaddie ...
:lol: 8-) :lol: I like!
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago I see turmoil in the future (and I don't think I need to be a fortune teller to say this). Now that MuddyMaddie is accepted, life will be different.
Very nicely written chapter.
But you are a fortune teller, [mention]slackywacky[/mention]. Yes, there will be turmoil and life will be different. I am glad you are still enjoying this.

And thank you too, [mention]Nainur[/mention].
h56jh1 wrote: 1 year ago great chapter, well written
Thank you for those very kind words, [mention]h56jh1[/mention].

The next chapter will be posted on 08/31/22, EDT.
Spy Task Force Completed
Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

Wow. What can I say. I step away for a couple of weeks to simply enjoy a much needed holiday and the chance to recharge my batteries after an illness plagued year thus far and return to find Ive 6 pages of complete gripping and exciting updates to catch up with. So please bare with me [mention]GreyLord[/mention] and I’ll leave my thoughts and comments soon. For each chapter so deserves to be read and enjoyed. Understood and delighted upon. Such is your detailed writing and imagination
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Thank you, [mention]Bandit666[/mention], the tale marches onward. It is good to have you posting once again. I do hope that you have recovered from your illnesses. Best wishes!
Spy Task Force Completed
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

I see [mention]GreyLord[/mention], you have been busy - and there are several new chapters to read. The Title of the latest is quite intriguing I have to say :)
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago I see @GreyLord, you have been busy - and there are several new chapters to read. The Title of the latest is quite intriguing I have to say :)
It is so very good to have you back from your vacation, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. I hope that your batteries are all fully charged. I'll be looking for your reaction as you catch up.

The great title for Chapter 20 is due entirely to the inventive mind of [mention]Nainur.[/mention]
Spy Task Force Completed
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

[mention]TayDay95[/mention], [mention]Caesar73[/mention], [mention]wolfman[/mention], [mention]Beaumains[/mention], [mention]slackywacky[/mention], [mention]banshee[/mention], [mention]NotSeen[/mention], [mention]FabianStr2016[/mention], [mention]Red86[/mention], [mention]Boundcurious[/mention], [mention]Nainur[/mention], [mention]RopeBunny[/mention], [mention]Damsel-Dilara-Dee[/mention], [mention]Jake78045[/mention], and [mention]Bandit666[/mention]

You have posted comments on one of my stories. That is appreciated very much. Please tell me what you think about the Tale of an Archer. If you would like your tag added or removed from this list, send me a PM or a post with that request.

-----

Chapter 21 – Dr. McTavrish Meets Healer Wise (M/F)
By @GreyLord and @Nainur

Jordan stood, for his news was too essential to relate while seated. He had to support himself, and Maddie frowned at him. She had gone to great length to save him – why did he risk falling? For the first time in her life, Maddie was really caring for another person. She was learning that this privilege came with a price to pay, such as worry and possibly loneliness.

“As you know, the relations between the Bandits and the Colonists have been very tense. The Colonists need a strong leader right now but do not have one. Joe Houston has given in to the factions that blame Lou Harriman for uniting the Bandits. Houston held a trial without Lou's presence. She was found guilty of treason and was sentenced to hang. All Bandit tribes should be alert and cautious. My personal advice is that you should avoid contact with Colonists and take care not to give them any excuse to attack you.

“The Colonists have fearsome weapons. I believe that ultimately, the Bandits would prevail because of your numbers. But that would only be after a terrible number of deaths. I am unhappy to bring you this bad news. It is good, however, to report that they have not been able to find Lou."

The responses were silences and stone faces. Only Maddie showed signs of anger. Her eyes, however, were kept fixed on Jordan's face. Then Chief Samuel spoke, "This is grievous news indeed. It is neither a surprise in principle nor welcomed. It is clear, my friend, that too many of the Colonists fail to understand they arrived uninvited and, therefore, must accept the consequences. They are strangers. They have to adapt, not we! As many others of us do, I see that you have also been surprised that we lived here before you arrived.

Nevertheless, this is the fact. The fact that mustn't be overlooked. The balance of the land has been severed. I am convinced that, given time, it can be re-established peacefully with mutual consent and understanding. Lou has made quite a name of herself and is well-known everywhere! She is an example of what can be done."

At this, Maddie nodded vigorously. Hadn't she spoken of the 'famous Lou' herself? "This news will cause unrest among the people, and great sentiment, for Lou's deeds are greatly respected. The story of Lou's ride is a tale told and re-told in the huts farther than the Esh-Fael-Noc flies!" Again Samuel was pondering the information. "I see your meaning, and your words are sooth. I will speak to the Creek elders upon returning to our village. Your counsel is, in my mind, wise, Shordan Archah. The less contact, the better, but the people cannot simply go because some Colonists are coming to search for Lou in our huts. We Creek are no war-mongers and prefer to live in peace, yet the village cannot jump up to be placed elsewhere. To our misfortune, our home is too close to the place you are calling Ken-and-Eddie, but we will need to bring in our crops, and then winter will be close at hand! This is very serious, and I see you are thinking, Shordan Archah! What will you do? Will you continue trading with us? Will you produce those crossbows?" It was significant that 'trade' was mentioned before 'crossbows.' But it was obvious that he was deeply worried. Suddenly Maddie found the plate in front of her very interesting. "This shall be his final test!" she thought.

Jordan answered, "My friends, although I am a Colonist, my heart sides with the Creek. Wrong was done to me by a Colonist. When I asked the Colony leaders to make things right, they did not support me, supporting instead Magnus Johansson, the man who wronged me. I do not know if I can return to Kennedy to get more goods to trade with you or not. If I cannot, then all I can sell will be what I can make.

“Yes, I will finish the crossbows that I have already started and begin making even more. I will hold classes with your warriors to teach them everything I know about the weapons the Colonists might use. Now, if you have any questions you would like to ask me, I will do my best to answer.

“I know that you want to rush back to your village. But after traveling here this morning and working to make this land safe, you need food. Please finish your meal. You can question me while you eat.”

When she heard this, a great burden fell off Maddie's shoulders. She struggled with emotions, and she found that her heart was lifted and disturbed at the same time. But to her, it was proven that she was right to save him. She was right to stay and to begin to teach him proper ways! She was in the very right place! Yet the task at hand was significant.

“I think that Maddie wants to say a few words, too!” put in Angela.

This was a most awkward moment! When she was Muddy, Maddie had always fancied she wasn't at everybody's beck and call though she was. Moreover, she did not have a voice to be heard. And now she was invited to speak up in this company, which was premiere. She gulped a few times before she finally spoke. "Erm…yes…I…me…erm…now…that I am named properly…I guess I am finally free to do what I want…isn't it so?"

“Yes, Maddie, that is right!” confirmed Chief Samuel.

“All of what I want?”

“Well, all of what would be within everybody’s rights, not what might be in no one’s rights!” declared Chief Samuel with a frown.

An awkward pause followed. "If this is the case," Maddie finally found the courage to begin. "I never imagined I would stay with the Creek, but I am thinking differently now! But even more, I feel part of and connected to someone else! As I am free to make my own choice, it is my free choice to stay with this man, Shordan Archah, and help him as he helps the Creek! I shall help him in every way. In every way," she looked straight into Jordan's eyes, "if he will have me."

Jordan answered, “Maddie, you know how I feel about you. We will talk more after our guests have departed. Chief Samuel, are there any further questions for me?”

Healer Angela said, "I believe I should stay the night here, with your permission, Shordan Archah, and yours, Chief Samuel. While Shordan appears to be recovered, he has taken a heavy dose of poison from the Messengers-of-Death. By tomorrow, if he shows no further symptoms, we can be certain he is free from its effects."

Suddenly Jordan found that he was eager for his Creek friends to depart, although he appreciated their visit more than he could possibly express. He wanted to be alone with Maddie. He would not let them know what he was thinking, of course. "Doctor Angela, I appreciate your offer. You are most welcome to stay here tonight."

The Chief also agreed, and after some minor exchanges, Chief Samuel announced it was time to leave. Obviously, the Creek would have much to talk about between themselves. "I am glad, Shordan Archah, that you are well and you also, Maddie! I am sure my wife Amanda will be delighted to hear about your change in status, as my twins will be as well! My friend, it might be that we'll send a runner in the next few days to invite you to participate in our discussions. In the meantime: thank you for your hospitality, and we all hope you will take care!"

Maddie begged Chief Samuel to convey her greetings to the twins and that she was looking forward to visiting the Creek soon. Oh, how she relished that thought!

The departure of the Creek brought quiet, and Jordan used it for a task he had been avoiding. He must let Unihold know what had happened. Dr. Kennedy was unavailable, so he requested a connection with Dr. McTavrish. Angela looked at him, worried that his unfocused appearance was a sign of the poison.

Maddie took her arm, saying, "He is communicating now using tekk-now-logee that I do not yet understand. But he is alright, Angela."

Jordan summarized the events to Dr. McTavrish, who was very astonished. "Jordan, you are telling me that you were bitten by the same creature that killed Maddie and two others in Kennedy, and yet you are cured. I must learn everything about this. I am on my way to a lander and will be there in fifteen minutes."

Jordan told the women, “Dr. McTavrish, who tried everything he knew to save my first Maddie, is on his way here from Kennedy. And Joseph is returning to be near in case we need him.

Angela asked, “Who is Joseph?”

Maddie answered, "Angela, you will see wonders almost beyond comprehension. Do not be afraid. Nothing here will harm you. Joseph is a golem that was brought from Earth. He is very friendly and always tries to help. He, Jeeves, and Goliath are also brilliant. It was Joseph who helped me save Shordan. He dug the holes over the nests and built the fires. He found the medicinal plants once I described them to him."

Maddie was trying to tell Angela everything that had happened to her since her arrival at the plantation. She had not gotten far before a knock on the door. Dr. McTavrish had arrived.

Maddie opened the front door and welcomed Dr. McTavrish, bringing him to Jordan and introducing him to Angela. Jeeves had briefed him on his flight from Unihold.

“Hello, Healer Angela. I am very pleased to meet you and you as well, Maddie. Healer, you are the very person that I need to see. Please excuse me for being abrupt, but I must learn everything about these Messengers-of-Death. They have already killed three in Kennedy, and we don't know how to prevent the next attack or how to cure it."

Angela replied, "I completely understand, Dr. McTavrish. Perhaps we should begin with an examination of Shordan Archah, with his agreement."

Jordan replied, "Thank you for coming immediately. You know about Maddie, my companion. Perhaps Doctor Angela can tell you how she came about that name after your examination."

Soon Dr. McTavrish and Angela were lost in technical discussions as Jordan was examined. Dr. McTavrish was surprised at the depth of medical knowledge that Angela possessed without having access to advanced technology. Angela was overwhelmed by the medical expertise and technology available to the Colonists. Soon they headed to the backyard so Dr. McTavrish could see a nesting hole of the Messenger-of-Death and how it had been neutralized. Maddie escorted them to the yard to introduce Angela and Dr. McTavrish to Joseph.

Dr. McTavrish informed her, “Oh, I already know Joseph, But please come with us to help keep Angela comfortable as she meets him.”

On seeing Joseph, Angela gasped, “Oh, oh! He has been sighted at a distance, But up close, he takes the breath away.”

Joseph said, "It is good to see you again, Dr. McTavrish. Especially now that we can provide answers to one of your pressing problems. Healer Angela, thank you so much for your help with Master Jordan. Maddie here gave us enough information to save his life. It was all done under her direction, as you know. I hope you will let me know if there is anything that I can do for you personally. I would like to add, now that we know what to look for, finding and eradicating these Messenger-of-Death will not be that difficult."

Maddie returned to Jordan. Angela and Dr. McTavrish spent several hours where he gently pulled everything Angela knew of the Messengers-of-Death from her. He also learned the detail of Muddy's conversion to Maddie. When they returned to the house, they were Angela and Angus.

The evening was near, and Maddie drew Angela to the kitchen to show her how their meals were prepared. Maddie thought that this should be a steak and potato night. Usually, we would sit at the table to eat, but tonight we will sit in the easy chairs with trays.

As Maddie intended, the steak, baked potato with butter, cheese, gravy, and salad overwhelmed Angela's senses. Angus told Angela that the steaks came from a small herd brought from Earth in suspended animation. Angela told Maddie, "It will be a major task for me to relate all of this to the twins. They have been concerned for you. The truth is going to knock them down. But now, you and Shordan must be worn out. Angus and I can arrange our bedding on these wonderful seats you call sofas."

Maddie showed Angela where bedding was stored in a closet. She pointed out to Angela that there were many coils of rope there as well. Angela blushed, "Maddie, you know me too well. Although I don't have a plan, I will admit to you that submitting to Dr. McTavrish attracts me. As you know, this is something I have longed for, but it hasn't happened to me before.

“Shordan and I will disappear into our bedroom, and you will have all the privacy you might need. Help prepare a bed. Before you prepare a second, offer Dr. McTavrish some coils of rope. Jeeves, open a sofa to a bed."

Maddie and Angela rejoined Jordan and Angus. Maddie said, "Jordan," and indeed, she said 'Jordan' and not 'Shordan.' "I think you are still weak. It is time for us to retire. Jeeves, lock all entrances! Dr. McTavrish, you can ask Jeeves for anything you might need."

Jordan watched the exchange between Maddie and Angela and saw something was needed. He opened his commlink to Dr. McTavrish and said, “Angus, Maddie needs a commlink. Can you do that for her?”

Angus answered, “Of course, I will have to send the lander back to Unihold to get the link. Why don’t we schedule the procedure for in the morning after breakfast.”

Maddie helped Jordan out of his seat and walked him to their bedroom. She walked closer to him and had that feminine swing in the hip Jordan had never noticed on her. She stood closely in front of him with her face looking up, obviously not unwilling to kiss. "I would like you to rest. Obviously, you need not worry anymore that I might run, but I want you to tie me up and to do so thoroughly as proof that I am willing to submit to you and want to become your mate! You may even gag me, but do not blindfold me, please. I want to look at you while you rest. And afterward? As soon as you feel stronger, you may do with me as you wish – I desire to learn everything about your desires and needs."

She spoke in earnest because this was what she wanted. Whatever role the Spirits played in this, she had followed the cherished tradition of free Bandit women. She was free to submit to the one she wanted and would not hesitate.

When Maddie shut the bedroom door, Angela busied herself preparing the sofa bed. Angus also lent his hand, and in minutes, the bed was ready. Angus said, "I assume this other sofa also opens up to a bed. Excuse me, Angela, I know I am awkward in this situation. My wife passed away a couple of years before I left Earth. I have not been alone with another woman who was not a patient since then."

Angela looked up at him and said, "I don't know if you know anything about our courting traditions, Angus. But I have not courted, and I have not been alone with another man who was not a patient either."

“Angela, we have reports written by Lou Harriman. Your courtships appear exotic, erotic, and more appealing than I can say."

“I had the privilege of meeting the Great Lou," Angela told Angus. If there is anything that I learned from her, it is to be forthright about what I want. I hope that what I will do now will not be unwelcomed." Angela went to the closet containing the ropes and picked up several. She carried them in one hand behind her back out of Angus' sight. "Angus, it would be an honor for me to submit to you tonight." She presented the coils of rope to him.

Angela, this is most unexpected, and it is most welcomed. This is an honor for me. You are a most beautiful and intelligent woman. Is it too much to ask that you guide me so I may respond correctly?"

“Of course, I will advise you whenever you wish. But you will have to forgive me, for I am also inexperienced. You are the only man I have ever been willing to submit to. I should start by removing my clothing. Then I will present my hands behind my back for you to tie."

Although older than Maddie, Angela was still a young woman, and Angus saw a young, healthy body in its prime. Her participation in the bondage circle had prompted her to take even more exercise than she routinely performed. Her legs were toned, her abdomen was ripped, her breasts high and firm. She stood before him a few moments so that Angus could see what was being offered. Then she turned and crossed her wrists behind her back.

She commented, "It is entirely your option, of course, as to how you will tie me up. I took this position simply because it is the one most frequently used. You should feel free to follow your own inclination."

Angus replied with action, firmly lashing Angela's wrists together. Angela was surprised and pleased that he did a very competent job. Angus tied her elbows without pausing, pulling them together until they were almost touching. Angus turned to Angela to face him and grinned at the smile on Angela's face. Angela was happy that he knew how to tie her up.

Angus said, "There was a subculture on Earth that practiced bondage and made videos showing their efforts. Since reading Lou's reports, I have watched these vids when I can find the time."

“I’m sorry, but what is a video?” Angela asked.

“It will be easier to show you," Angus answered. "First, let's move you to the bed and finish securing you." Angus eased Angela down to the bed. Angela reclined on her back as Angus lifted her left knee and pulled her ankle to her thigh. It did not take him long to have both legs secured in a frog tie.

Angus undressed and sat on the sofa bed, leaning against the sofa's backrest. He pulled Angela in front of him, so she was kneeling between his legs and leaning against his chest. "Angela, you must tell me now if you are physically comfortable and if you are comfortable with us going ahead. I am asking now because I will gag you if we continue."

“Yes, Angus. I will tell you that I have never been so happy. You have tied me up extremely well. I am helpless, but I am feeling no discomfort. Stopping now would break my heart. Please go ahead and gag me."

Angus had two bandannas. One, he wadded into a ball and worked it into Angela's waiting mouth. The second bandanna Angus folded cross cornered for length and put an overhand knot in the center. This he worked between Angela's teeth to hold the balled-up kerchief in her mouth. He tied the cleave gag behind her neck. Angela twisted her head so that she could gaze at Angus with adoration. She had enjoyed tying her partners in the bondage circle and being tied by them. Never had Angela felt this feeling of completeness and happiness she now felt. She said, "Hrmmmph," with contentment.

Angus said, “Jeeves, play the Corries performing the ‘Flower of Scotland.’ Display it on the wall in front of us.”

The Corries, Flower of Scotland

“This is an example of a video. It is music from Scotland, my home country on Earth.” While the music played, he fondled Angela’s breasts, belly, and vulva. Angela gave a deep moan of pleasure under her gag. When the music ended, his right hand was over her vagina with a finger hooked around her clitoris, massaging it. His left hand was pulling and twisting her left nipple.

“Jeeves, do you have the Girls In a Bind video of Candle Box tied up on a stool in a reverse prayer position? Good, play that for us."

Angela was amazed at the music vid. She was even more surprised as she watched the girl, Candle, beam gorgeous smiles in rigorous bondage. Angela's hands discovered that Angus had an erect member she could grasp. She matched Angus's enthusiasm for fondling her body with her own enthusiasm as she stroked him as much as her bondage would allow.

Angus was a powerful man and had no problem lifting Angela by her hips and fitting her pussy over his cock. Angela found that she had no control over her movement. Her ropes did not permit it. But Angus had enough for both of them, thrusting with his hips and lifting her hips up and down with his arms.

As they climaxed, Angela cried out, “Mmmmmmmmph!” Angus pushed her hips down and rotated his pelvis up as far as it would go as he exploded into her.

Time dreamily passed. Angus had moved further down in the bed and rolled to his side, taking Angela with him. He fondled the globes on her chest as he slowly lost his erection and withdrew from her. More time had passed before he untied the cleave gag and removed the bandannas from her mouth. For a minute or two, she worked the kinks out of her jaws before saying, "Angus, I am grateful to you for the most wonderful experience of my life."

Angus reached to begin untying her hands, and she said, "No, Angus, not yet, please. I can't see the future, and I don't know if this will ever happen to me again. Would you let me sleep next to you while still tied up?"

“Of course, if that is what you want, my lady. Your wish is my command. I will tell you, Angela Wise, if it is within my power, I will see you again and again, as often as you will let me. Now here is some music to put you to sleep, my dear.”

"Scotland the Brave" (Gaelic: Alba an Aigh) accompanied by the music of The Auld Town Band & Pipes

-----

Jeeves had been busy during the night. Working with physicists at Unihold, he designed an electronic device that could sense the presence of a Messenger-of-Death in its nest. Three prototypes were fashioned together at Unihold and were placed in Dr. McTavrish's lander along with two commlinks with installation kits. Angus had decreed that if he was going to install a unit in Maddie, he damn well would do the same for Angela. Jeeves had a substantive discussion with Angus about Muddy’s attack on Jordan. Angus showed Jeeves that Muddy saved Jordan’s life by that act.

Jeeves had also designed a renovation to the Plantation house. Three guest bedrooms would be added, each having a private bathroom. A central bathroom for the plantation house and a master bathroom for the master bedroom would be constructed.

Joseph met the lander when it returned several hours before dawn. He took one of the sniffers of the Messengers-of-Death and, at a rapid pace, began checking Plantation lands beyond where the Creek had searched. In the pasture behind the barn, he identified four more nests.

Goliath was distraught. The nests were where Goliath had cut some trees for lumber earlier, some of which he took to Jordan's warehouse in Kennedy. "I am the agent of the original Maddie's death," Goliath said to his friends. "I am coming to destroy these four."

Jeeves said, “No, Goliath. You did not have the means to know about these creatures. But instead of killing them, capture them and send them to Unihold for study.”

On Goliath's arrival, it only took moments to clear each nest. Goliath dug into the ground at the spot identified by the sniffer, and Joseph reached down to pluck out the Messenger. Goliath had secure drawers to hold them. Back at the Plantation house, Joseph got four large glass jars, secured the Messengers in the jars, and packaged the jars for transport back to Unihold.
Spy Task Force Completed
h56jh1

Post by h56jh1 »

great chapter, too bad Jordan was too weak to "play" with Maddie, I have a feeling she is going to "blow his mind" and "rock his world" so to speak.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago
-----

Chapter 18 - Field and Brook Part 1
By @GreyLord and @Nainur

I have to do some catching up, so I will comment chapter by chapter I missed. We learn how Muddy addapts to her new life. New clothes. Work. But Muddy still has a plan which she tries to follow: Getting Jordan to lower his guards so that she can escape. On the other hand the new world she lifes in seems to fascinate her: The work. The power of classical music - nice choice by the way, Rimski-Korsakows Sheherazade :) - what will she do in the end?
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago - what will she do in the end?
Well, as you already know: "Muddy is gone" sometime later. But how? ;)

Indeed, you've pointed out the 'aspect of work'. Quite right, but she had been a 'working horse' beforehand - she is part of a consatnt work-process with growing responsibility, so it's more work providing aspects like puprose, structure and progress, satisfaction in improvements and meeting targets. Conservative points of views maybe, but values which are still appreciated by many people. Writing this made very much sense to me and thank you for mentioning it.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

h56jh1 wrote: 1 year ago great chapter, too bad Jordan was too weak to "play" with Maddie, I have a feeling she is going to "blow his mind" and "rock his world" so to speak.
I appreciate your thoughts, [mention]h56jh1[/mention]. The new Maddie will do her share of playing with Jordan as she grows into her new life.
Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago I have to do some catching up, so I will comment chapter by chapter I missed. We learn how Muddy addapts to her new life. New clothes. Work. But Muddy still has a plan which she tries to follow: Getting Jordan to lower his guards so that she can escape. On the other hand the new world she lifes in seems to fascinate her: The work. The power of classical music - nice choice by the way, Rimski-Korsakows Sheherazade :) - what will she do in the end?
I'm looking forward to your comments on the chapters as you catch up, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. It means a lot to me that you like my choice of music.

[mention]Nainur[/mention], thanks for your reply to @Caesar73.
Spy Task Force Completed
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

It remains funny to me that even the Bandits refer to themselves as Bandits. Why? You would sorta expect they would have a better name for themselves.

Anyway, the colony is soon to end. Curious what's going to happen next.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Nice update. It is clear that Maddie made her choice (as it was kind of expected). The funny thing with a story that is a prequel to another story is that the future is kind of known. It is like Star Trek Strange New Worlds, we know when Pike will die, so any adventure where he goes on an away mission is sort of predictable. He will survive.

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Beaumains wrote: 1 year ago It remains funny to me that even the Bandits refer to themselves as Bandits. Why? You would sorta expect they would have a better name for themselves.

Anyway, the colony is soon to end. Curious what's going to happen next.
They took the label, suggested to them by Lou Harriman. And it appealed to their sense of humor.

But no, the colony is not ending soon. Recall that The Bandit Scout on Newhome is four hundred (Earth) years in the future. But most of their technology and knowledge of technology will die except as preserved by Unihold.

Thank you for your comments, [mention]Beaumains[/mention].

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago Nice update. It is clear that Maddie made her choice (as it was kind of expected). The funny thing with a story that is a prequel to another story is that the future is kind of known. It is like Star Trek Strange New Worlds, we know when Pike will die, so any adventure where he goes on an away mission is sort of predictable. He will survive.
Good points, [mention]slackywacky[/mention]. But exactly how things will work out is not known and I hope it can make an enjoyable story. Thanks for your remarks.
Spy Task Force Completed
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago @TayDay95, @Caesar73, @wolfman, @Beaumains, @slackywacky, @banshee, @NotSeen, @FabianStr2016, @Red86, @Boundcurious, @Nainur, @RopeBunny, @Damsel-Dilara-Dee, @Jake78045, and @Bandit666

The Messenger-of-Death had felled the mighty Colonist. Only to be smashed to smithereens by a Bandit girl not even granted a proper name, just Muddy. And now she, Muddy, was mistress of the field.

Interesting. Unexpected. Unprepared.

At that moment, she understood what the spirits wanted. What they really wanted.

Still catching up :) This chapter was quite intense and very dramatic. So Muddy has safed Jordan now. What will she do next?
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

I don't know if I'd want to be named after the dead spouse of someone I know, but I'm glad Maddie 2's happy about it. XD.

Good to see some more cooperation between the Colonists and Bandits, but it looks like things are coming to a head in terms of their relationship.

Thanks to Mineira1986 for the banner!

Check out my stories on deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/shotrow
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago Still catching up :) This chapter was quite intense and very dramatic. So Muddy has safed Jordan now. What will she do next?
Muddy is now Maddie. See my remarks to @Shotrow below. I thought that this was intense. Glad to see you confirm that [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. Thank you for continuing your comments as you catch up.

Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago I don't know if I'd want to be named after the dead spouse of someone I know, but I'm glad Maddie 2's happy about it. XD.
Let's see if I can put another perspective on that. Muddy's new Creek name is Mae’aed-dee. Maddie is just the closest English pronunciation to that.
Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago Good to see some more cooperation between the Colonists and Bandits, but it looks like things are coming to a head in terms of their relationship.
The cooperation is actually between Unihold and the Bandits. Unihold is composed of Colonists that were to be the faculty and staff of the University of Newhome. Headmaster Kennedy moved them physically outside of the Colony town, Kennedy, and is positioning them politically as independent.

Thanks for your comments, [mention]Shotrow[/mention].

And now, on with the story.

-----

Chapter 22 – A Crossbow For Maddie (M/F)
By @GreyLord and @Nainur

A few weeks ago, Jordan would have been in a blue funk, not knowing what to make of this. Chief Samuel and his entire family had gone to great lengths to teach him some of the Creek ways. Particularly the path of submission of Creek, or Bandit, women. But now, Maddie was declaring for the Creek and for the man she lived with. She looked at the man, still bewildered by the miracle of love. A most unlikely love on top of that!

“Maddie, I am confident you are freely submitting to me because this is what you want and not because you feel you have to do so. I will place my ropes on you in reverence to show that I will lead us as a family and to show that I understand my role as a Bandit."

“Rest assured, Jordan! I am free now. I do what I want to do!" She replied almost fiercely, her chin high. "True, it seems everybody is showing me a way, it seems, but it is I that chooses to go on. I have chosen my path on my own! Now I understand better, and you are worthy of my attention as I learned to know you!" She glared at him, only to guffaw at once, amused by her own sauciness. "Do I have to wait much longer?"

Jordan asked Jeeves to play the Gimnazija Kranj Symphony Orchestra's 2018 recording of Dvořák's The Symphony No. 9 "From the New World" with his commlink. It was to begin on Jordan's signal and was to be played at half the normal volume.

Dvořák: The Symphony No. 9 "From the New World"
Performed by: Gimnazija Kranj Symphony Orchestra under the baton of maestro Nejc Bečan

Maddie knelt on the bed with her back to the edge. She was completely naked and held her wrists crossed behind her back. Jordan went to her and turned her face to the side so he could kiss her deeply. Her tongue was eager to accept his. After a minute, or maybe it was two, Jordan ended the kiss and began tying her wrists. "Maddie, I want you to be acutely aware of my ropes but that you will not be hurt by them. I want you to tell me at any time should something become too tight or hurtful, okay?"

Maddie simply nodded. It was a flashback to her "I see" responding phrases, but this time she did it with a smile. Our bedroom, he had said. She liked that thought. She had not felt shame before. Why should she in this moment? She was anxious but in a positive way. She felt no fear whatsoever. She felt—balanced. Her small but strong hands held each other with intermingled fingers on the small of her back. It was not a stressful position, not at all: she was very flexible. He tied them as he did the previous afternoon by the stream and with the same care, although tighter this time. He wanted Maddie to feel his ropes and know she was securely tied. When he moved to her elbows, he pulled them closer than he did at the brook. Her raven hair was loosened from the braids and covered most of her back…

When Jordan had finished rigging Maddie, her legs were tied tightly and pulled into a hogtie that was restrictive but not punishing. Her elbows and wrists were tied as strictly as possible without making it painful. He had Maddie's arms fixed firmly to her back with loops above and below her breasts, cinched between her arms and back. A crotch rope anchored her hands on her butt, which he rubbed tenderly for a few minutes before laying her on her side facing him. Jordan adjusted her pillows to be sure that her head and neck would not be strained if he slept late. He signaled Jeeves, and the music started as he took his place on the bed. They didn't need it, but he pulled a sheet over them for comfort.

Jordan drifted into a deep, healing sleep with the powerful music playing softly.

Maddie drifted into a trance-like state before being placed on her side. It seemed to her that Jordan, freed of a burden and anxiety, could tie her tightly but not cruelly, nigh on perfection. It was very much to her satisfaction. Anyone with a bit of physical strength could overpower a petite servant-wench, tie her up, and do what he wanted with her. This tying needed devotion on "both sides of the knot," as the Creek said. There had been a few sighs and gasps at the odd tug or cinching move, but no screaming or jerking, and she moaned happily when she had her head placed comfortably and, of course, while he fondled her. She always thought she was pretty enough, but she found joy in these moments of confirmation. The music was strange in her ears but not unpleasant. On the contrary, the power of this music throbbed in her core. She was not gagged but said no word, nor did she hide her happiness. Looking at her man sleeping, she daydreamed over bindings to come. For example, the stable would provide excellent strappado positions. She also decided not to reveal everything she had experienced during the Ghost Dance. He might think she was with him because it was the will of the Spirits. This was not so – or at least not to the full extent. The Spirits had allowed her to love this man, not commanded, and she happily let it happen. The actual command the Spirits had given her would be no problem. She would see the Spirits' will be done. Later.

She only started to squirm—and this she did so slowly and seductively but not to free herself—when he awoke again in the early morning before the first light. She had slept only a little, despite not sleeping the night before. She was a sturdy bandit-girl.

Jordan woke slowly, stretching before opening his eyes. His hand touched something unexpected. His eyes slammed open just as he realized he felt a human body. It all came back to him. He thought, "This is Muddy, now Maddie. She is here because she wants to be here." With both hands, he cradled her face.

“Maddie, how are you this morning? You have been bound a long time. I will free you now.” Jordan sat up to get at her knots.

Indeed, to Maddie's surprise, Jordan had slept through the night. She had expected he would sleep only a few hours, and they'd have time in the evening before going to bed again. But after a while, the music went off, and Maddie asked Jeeves to dim the lights. She had much to think about. She was, given circumstances, someone who very much considered different possibilities, chances, and which options to take. Finally, she fell asleep to find the situation had not changed. Instead of being bad-tempered, she was surprised that her only thought had been that the poison had weakened her man more than expected, and she was worried about it. She was finding out that she had somehow fallen in love. For real. "Good morning! Don't untie me yet. I will be somewhat stiff, I am sure. But more importantly, how are you feeling?" Her concern was not hidden.

Jordan replied, "Maddie, I feel well. I feel normal for the first time since that creature bit me. You should have called me before spending the night tied up this tight. I would have been able to go right back to sleep. Remember that we are a partnership now, and you have a say in things too." Jordan reached again to start untying Maddie's hogtie.

“No, Jordan, not yet," Maddie said before he could start on the first knot. "I have enjoyed being tied up before. I will tell you about our bondage circle when we get a chance. Never has it given me the feeling of completeness and satisfaction I am feeling now and have felt all night. I have even had some sleep. Something is missing, and if you are up to it, I want the total submission experience."

Jordan said, "I did not tie you the way I would have had I known you would want this before I freed you. A cross-legged hogtie would make access easier. If I free your knees, you can spread your knees apart, creating a cross-legged hogtie. Let's try that."

Soon, everything was perfect. Jordan was satiated, as was Maddie. Maddie was satisfied that she had been satisfactorily submissive. Jordan checked on Angus and was not totally surprised to discover that he and Angela had enjoyed their own morning wake-up drill.

Jordan and Angus were updated by the bots, and Angus was delighted that he would be taking Messengers-of-Death back to Unihold. "Now we have a realistic possibility of analyzing their poison and developing an antidote," Angus told them.

At breakfast, Jordan told Maddie that she was getting a commlink installed. Maddie wasn't sure about that until Angela said, "Oh, Maddie, you will be able to communicate with the bots and with Jordan at any time. I think it is wonderful that you are getting your own tekk-now-logee magic."

Angus said, "I'm so glad you think that, Angela because you are also getting a link. Joseph had fetched the commlinks from the lander and handed them to Dr. McTavrish. The links were poster children of miniaturization and were injected into the spine at the neck. There, they were installed by microbots that would flush out of the body unnoticed once they were finished.

Angela was on the verge of sputtering until Angus added, “It would be much harder to put you through Medical School if you didn’t have a link. Okay, Maddie. You are first.”

Maddie felt real fear but was determined not to show it and cause Jordan embarrassment. Dr. McTavrish swabbed her neck just below her hairline and started by injecting a local anesthetic. A minute later, he inserted a needle into Maddie's spine and injected the link. The microbots went to work immediately. It will take a day for the link to integrate with your nervous system. Tomorrow, you will be communicating with us.

Angela also felt fear but was as determined as Maddie not to let it show. "Alright, Angus, let's get this done."

Readying for her ride to the Creek village with Angus, Angela took Maddie to the side and gave her a tight hug. Maddie said, "Angela, tell Tommy and Sheilah that sending me here was the right thing for them to do. And tell them that I love them and hope to see them soon."

Angela said, "Submitting to Angus gave me the best night of my life, Maddie. I cannot see how we can have a future together, but I will take every moment I can get with him. I will tell you something else. The Scots, the tribe Angus belongs to, have strange musical tastes."

Angela was shown how to use a Sniffer for the Messenger-of-Death and was given the remaining two to give to Chief Samuel. Angus would drop her off at the village before he returned to Unihold. After saying their goodbyes, Angus led Angela to the lander, and they departed.

“I think I will start my day with stretching exercises before we start working. You might want to join me. It will help with your stiffness. Then we need to get started on our crossbow production. And you will begin to learn how to fire one."

And for the first time ever since Jordan met her, Maddie showed a cheeky, mischievous grin. "What does 'stretching' mean? I won't grow! I am sure I'll remain 1.68m surely!? I am eager to learn and work hard! For it is also a very worthy task!" She wasn't adding, "let's hope they won't be needed," for she was a bandit and would kill all Colonists if they were stupid enough to offer battle, save Jordan and Angus. And the famous Lou, of course. That sentiment hadn't changed. In her mind, the Colonists could go to hell. Or back to from whence they came! All, save Jordan and maybe Angus.

Jordan laid his hand on Maddie's."You have my appreciation for my sleep. It must have played a big part in my healing. Always, you can have a kiss anytime you wish." He pulled Maddie into an embrace and a kiss. She melted into his body and even sighed.

Jordan advised Maddie to wear jeans and a shirt with long sleeves to work in the shop. She dressed accordingly, as did Jordan.

In the workshop, Joseph was waiting for them and took a position to the left of Maddie. Jordan made a note to check to see if Maddie understood the tradition of the senior person being to the right side of the junior person. Joseph was deferring to Maddie.

Joseph said, “Good morning, Jordan. Good morning, Maddie. I am scheduled to assist you in any way that I can this morning.”

“Joseph, good to have you with us,” Jordan replied. “Maddie, you have seen these fifty crossbows and helped work on some of them. They are our top priority now. They are in various stages of completion, with the more complete to the right of the less complete. The one on the far right is mechanically complete and has had one application of linseed oil. It needs several more. Would you start on that, hand rubbing the oil into the wooden parts?”

Joseph immediately glided over, picked up the indicated crossbow, and presented it to Maddie. When she took it from Joseph, he sat a small container of linseed oil on the workbench beside her. Joseph said, "Maddie, I have tried polishing wood but can only achieve a fair shine."

“Joseph, I want to have five ready to go today. Maddie has one. For the next four, inventory the metal parts still needed and fetch them from the metal workshop."

Jordan told Maddie, "You can ask questions at any time. Before starting a task, you should always be able to picture how you will do it in your mind. Let me add, it is wonderful having you with me. Before, I would get very, very lonesome."

Maddie observed everything around her most attentively. It was still a vast, new world that was presented to her. She started to discover liking this 'jeans' material, but it was still strange to her. She was used to dresses or skirts, but pants or leggings were not uncommon, especially on hunting or scouting duties – but these had never been her task. She longed to try her mettle there, but all in due course. She beamed at the compliment and looked down somewhat shyly.

Without further ado, she set to work, frowning at the material and working silently, patiently. After a while, she simply asked if it was enough or needed another layer. Jordan told her that this one was special and to put one more application of linseed oil on it. She did. Maddie cared for every spot and went for precision and completeness, not speed. Then she launched her first rocket: "Jordan, I am thrilled over what you said yesterday and that you'll take side with the Creek. If things go rough, and I believe they will, won't it be impossible to trade with Kenn-and-Eddie?"

And why on Newhome had she failed to say 'Kennedy' again and again? The bandits had a fine ear, and Jordan had learned that "Shordan Archah" had never been a mispronunciation or error but had a purpose.

Jordan felt the stock of the crossbow Maddie had been polishing with the linseed oil. It was very smooth to the touch, and no oil came off on his hand. "Perfect, Maddie. That one is ready to go. To answer your question, I will tell you more about how I came to this Glen.

“Things were already touchy between myself and Kennedy when my first Maddie was bitten. When the first Maddie and I arrived, I had a business. It seemed to be doing very well, but after half a year passed. There was much less money in our account than there should have been. Investigating, I found my partner, Magnus Johannson, had been draining my account. I found he had also spread rumors that I was unreliable and could not be trusted. So when I complained to the Kennedy authorities that Magnus had taken money without authorization, Magnus said, 'See, that is what I have been talking about. Jordan wanted me to take funds to buy into other businesses and expand our base. Now he acts as if he doesn't remember saying that.' Magnus was a buddy of the Colony leader, Joe Houston, and they blocked every move I made to gain restitution. My reputation was trashed, and I could not keep the business open. The final blow was my wife getting sick. She quickly passed away, and I will always think that it was partly from a broken heart from seeing what was happening to me as well as from the Messenger-of-Death.

“For a month or two, I drank strong spirits heavily. But that really wasn't for me. Fred Kennedy had been the Head of the University. He changed it, and it was now called Unihold, and he was now the Headmaster. Fred was my friend, and he helped me to stop drinking and to pull myself together. He helped me gather the things I needed to move here and helped me establish myself with the Creek.

“There were some businesses in Kennedy that said I had always been honest with them and that they would be happy to continue trading with me. That continues today. But it is certainly possible that my access to Kennedy could be curtailed. Joseph and Goliath have been working with me to make this plantation as independent as possible. We grow or raise everything that we eat. We mine most of the metals and minerals we need.

“Even without the conflict between the Bandits and the Colony, in time, the Colony will lose its technology. And we will as well. But I think we will be well situated here to survive.

“I have probably told you much more than you wanted to know, Maddie. But now that you are my partner, and I hope you will become my mate, you have the right to know everything."

Maddie replied her trademark reply – "I see!" – and went on. "I am with you now, and I will show you everything that will be needed if your tekk-now-logee would fail! Maddie took the next crossbow and started working on it as she had done before with the first. She was a peculiar girl. She could be eloquently chatting as a soap-opera star in Jordan's memory, but she could be as quiet as a Silent Monk – or a Mute Nun.

She digested what she heard for a while, continuing the work at hand. Then, “This man Magnus is still alive?”

When Jordan answered truthfully that he was, she simply replied, "We will remedy that if he is stupid enough to come near our home, won't we?" Magnus Johansson had just been promoted to top target. Then she asked Joseph how the bot fed himself, and the answer clearly puzzled her. By the following question, Jordan could easily guess that Maddie tried to grasp the idea of 'energy' to support bots. But she wasn't stupid, and she inferred that this energy also fed the house. She completed her second crossbow and was well on the way to finishing the third when she asked: "Jordan, will this Aenarjee last forever?"

This question took more thought. Jordan wanted to be honest with her but didn't want to frighten her. "Our energy sources will last much longer than we will live, Maddie. We will live to see some of the things we do with that energy fail. Our support system has a lot of components.

In most cases, if a component goes bad, we would just lose a little of our capabilities. There are some components whose loss would mean the loss of the entire system. A component itself has components, and I have been continually learning how to fabricate parts since I came here. Joseph has been instrumental in that. But there are some things I cannot do but could be done in Kennedy. And there are a few things that, at present, could only be made on Earth.

“Later colony ships would have resupplied us with more of those, but they never arrived. So, as time goes by, the Colonists and we will learn to get along without many of the things we now take for granted. "But, look at it like a challenge, not a disaster. Now, let's do something to take your mind off of that kind of problem to focus on more immediate issues. This special crossbow you have finished is special because it is your crossbow. It is time to teach you to use your crossbow."

That revelation widened her eyes. She could not even answer, “I see!”.

He grabbed a quiver of bolts and led Maddie to his firing range.
Spy Task Force Completed
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic