The Lovers of Kala Magai (M/F, fantasy)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
TayDay95
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

The Lovers of Kala Magai (M/F, fantasy)

Post by TayDay95 »

Kala Magai, The Realm Between Realms, 10,001 AH

Located in the most central point of the continent of Almeera is a small territory known as the Realm Between Realms. A neutral place free of the politics, wars and schemes ever-present among Almeera's many nations.

It is here that Mages, people born with the ability to harness magic, are brought from all across the continent and taken in for training by the sacred, impartial organisation known as the Paxari.

The Paxari train Mages to harness, focus, but above all control their amazing abilities for the betterment of mortalkind, aware that a selfish Mage, or a power-drunk Mage is also a dangerous one.

It is here that two new pupils arrived in Kala Magai from different corners of Almeera on the exact same day:

Daxos, a bright but rather cocky young man from the prosperous coastal Kingdom of New Tyria. Having grown up near the coast, Daxos found himself not only drawn to the water, but able to influence it as a child and teenager. Unlike many Mages who hide their powers for fear of persecution, Daxos would brag to any other children who would listen that he had special powers. His community tolerated him for many years as he brought them great benefits, calming the seas for passing ships, drawing in an abundance of fish to catch, and even performing majestic shows with only a bowl full of water. However, at the age of seventeen his people turned on him, for he almost caused a tidal wave that would have flooded the village, and so his family agreed to send him to Kala Magai to receive proper training from the Paxari.

And Kadya, a hardy but rather withdrawn Bo'Var girl from the vast plainlands known as The Steppes, or Gho Rasghan in the language of the Bo'Vari, a collection of nomadic tribes. From a young age Kadyas parents could tell she was different, for she would often shun the company of people altogether, preferring to spend her time with the horses that the Bo'Vari rely on for their way of life. Kadya enjoyed solitude, loved to experiment with the earth and the wind around her, found talking to animals more insightful and exhilarating than any human she'd ever met. To her annoyance, she grew up to be a great beauty, and as the daughter of a Bokan (chieftain), many power-hungry suitors tried to win her affections. One day, driven to the point of near-insanity, Kadya pushed a particularly unpleasant man clear across the tribes camp without even touching him. Her secret was out, and the Bo'Vari are a superstitious people wary of Mages, so her parents had no choice but to send her to the safety of Kala Magai.

...............................................................................................

It had been a warm, sunny afternoon when Daxos and Kadya had arrived at the gleaming silver tower of Kala Magai. From whatever direction you approach the magnificent Citadel, it slowly peers over the horizon like a kind-hearted friend welcoming you home. The massive central tower, built by the Hellans of old appears to glitter in the sunlight, made from a strange, mystical substance that only they know the name of.

Daxos had marvelled at the glorious sight when he approached from the south, his face awash with excitement as his father's rickety wooden cart drew ever nearer.

Kadya had gripped the reins of her favourite mare Krasdana all the tighter, feeling sick to her stomach as she rode with her mother from the north. She had never seen such a structure in her life, hailing from endless grasslands where a giant tent was the grandest man-made thing she'd ever witnessed.

Though they had approached Kala Magai from different directions, nay, different worlds... Their fates would become intertwined within the welcoming walls of this place.

Yet, one would certainly not think so at first, for five whole years had passed before they would ever lay eyes upon one another. For Kala Magai is a vast place filled with thousands of people: Mages, Mages in training, workers, pilgrims and much more.

So imagine Kadya's surprise, when she was relaxing with her toes dipped in her favourite pond in a secluded glade just outside Kala Magai's walls...

And an out-of-breath young fool came barrelling through the trees and crashed to the forest floor, heaving with mischievous laughter and clutching a chicken in his arms.

"Hahaha! Wooo! By the Gods, I think I finally lost them!"

The shy Bo'Var princess scrambled to her feet, the splashing of the water alerting Daxos to her presence. As he glanced towards the noise, his face upside down in a cheeky grin, the troublesome Tyrian also hauled himself upright, hoping he didn't startle the fair maiden before him.

"Haat ela shu? Delgho mai bal'avokha!" Kadya exclaimed with a shaky voice.

"I... Ha! Forgive me lady, just having a bit of harmless fun with the head cook!" Daxos reached out a hand to calm her.

"You liddle basterd! I'll 'ave yer guts fer this I will!" A surly older man's voice rang out through the trees.

"Ooh. I don't think he's taking it so well, come lady, this way!" Daxos shouted with adrenaline-fuelled glee, not even thinking as he grabbed Kadya's hand.

"Vako! Ehna- Woah!" The black-haired Bo'Var girl was lurched into the chase.

"Come on, don't want to get caught now do we? Hahaha!"

"N-nai! Vako! Linghis mih shu vakhab!!!" Kadya fretted as she found herself darting through the trees with this strange young man.

An unlikely meeting to be sure, but the greatest connections can often form in the most surprising of ways...

TO BE CONTINUED
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Welcome back [mention]TayDay95[/mention] ! This first chapter of your new tale is quite the comeback! It sets the stage nicely - and I like the endeavour into the realms of Fantasy. I curious where you will lead us! Nice choice of Avatars by the way :)
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

There's always room for a *fantasy based tale*, IMO! I like the start!
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

You knew that I would like this, didn't you, [mention]TayDay95[/mention]? I do agree with the other comments, you have created a fantastic world for us with endless possibilities. And I, also, bid you welcome back to the land of posting stories. You have been missed. I hope all is well with you now.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
TayDay95
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TayDay95 »

Nainur wrote: 10 months ago There's always room for a *fantasy based tale*, IMO! I like the start!
GreyLord wrote: 10 months ago You knew that I would like this, didn't you, [mention]TayDay95[/mention]? I do agree with the other comments, you have created a fantastic world for us with endless possibilities. And I, also, bid you welcome back to the land of posting stories. You have been missed. I hope all is well with you now.
Caesar73 wrote: 10 months ago Welcome back @TayDay95 ! This first chapter of your new tale is quite the comeback! It sets the stage nicely - and I like the endeavour into the realms of Fantasy. I curious where you will lead us! Nice choice of Avatars by the way :)
Thanks a bunch guys! Does feel good to be back and I hope to be nice and experimental with this little tale 😁 hope you're all doing well 😊
Fandango
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Fandango »

Welcome back, [mention]TayDay95[/mention]. I'm not sure if you ever really left but I haven't seen a new work of yours since I joined this board. And I've thoroughly enjoyed some of your previous stories. It's great to have you posting stories again. This one seems very promising. You are a very talented writer.
TayDay95
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TayDay95 »

[mention]Bandit666[/mention], [mention]Nainur[/mention], [mention]GreyLord[/mention], [mention]Caesar73[/mention], [mention]Fandango[/mention].

Hope you enjoy this next chapter my friends 😁

...............................................................................................

Chapter 2: Please Don't Say Anything

After crashing through endless brush and dodging trees together for the longest five minutes of her life, a conflicted Kadya finally snatched back her wrist from Daxos' grip. The two of them had managed to circle all the way back around to the clearing with the black-haired beauty's favourite pond.

The head cook had torn off into the woods to the east, still cursing the day Daxos was born, and still a chicken short.

"Ha! Woo! That was close, you really handled yourself well there milady!" the Tyrian upstart chuckled, still clutching the startled bird in his arms.

Kadya, quite unamused, shook her head and rolled her eyes.

"Desh Sontaro disbiy..."

"What's that? Sounds like you're from the north... Uhh... Dunamar?" asked Daxos, trying to guess the girls land of origin.

Kadya grimaced in disgust, the Dunir tribes of Dunamar were mortal enemies of her people, had been for centuries.

"Okay I guess not haha... Mmm Thalonia? No, wait they speak the New Tongue like us... Zah Xu Amazon?"

"Ehna'mo Bo'Var, shu disbal..." Kadya shook her head in annoyance once more.

"Ahhh I see, you're a horse-tamer of The Steppes!" Daxos clicked his fingers, only for the chicken, which had been clucking and flailing about in his arms the whole time, to slip free of his grasp and flap with all its might off into the trees.

"Oh! Vos dro Kras Varogh!" Kadya exclaimed, before giving a slightly satisfied smirk when Daxos realised his prize had escaped.

But, after hanging his handsome head in embarrassment for a few seconds, the Tyrian rascal just laughed and shrugged.

"Oh well, I hadn't planned to feast on the creature anyhow, just wanted to teach that damn cook a lesson!"

Kadya was so fascinated by this strange young man, she had never before met anyone so... careless, so devoid of responsibility, so... happy.

"So, my fair maiden, what shall I call you?" he smiled, it was a mischievous grin indeed, sly and sure, with not a tooth bared behind his lips. Kadya couldn't help but feel her lips widen ever so slightly as well... The man did have a certain charm about him, foolish as he was.

"My... Uhh... My name... Kadya." The tribal princess pointed to herself. Despite five years living with so many speakers of The New Tongue, she still struggled to form coherent words, fortunately she'd become all too famiar with understanding others.

"Kadya... A wonderful name, milady. You can call me Daxos, I hail from the Kingdom of Tyria... I pray you'll forgive my rude intrusion earlier, a happy accident I assure you." That cheeky grin never left his face as Daxos bowed low in respect to his accidental companion.

"Under- uh understand. But... I do not want, get in trouble, must tell.. Uh Bokatsiy" Kadya turned to leave, only for Daxos to lightly grab her arm.

"Bokatsiy? You mean the Masters? Milady please, there's no need for that, this was just some harmless fun!" The handsome young man tried to bargain.

"So sorry, must tell" Kadya had come too far and learned too much to be reprimanded by the Masters now, it wasn't even until the second year of her Paxari training that they'd found an experienced Bo'Var Mage that could be her true Mentor, she wasn't going to squander all that hard work on some idiot with a chicken.

"Milady..."

"Not your lady! Linghis mih!"" Kadya ripped her arm free of his grip once again...

Only, as she went to walk back to Kala Magai, a strange sensation suddenly took over her body.

An unseen force had frozen the beautiful, athletic princess in place, she could still move her head, still speak, but as she glanced behind her she could see Daxos' hand raised towards her, the unmistakable blue glow of magic radiating from his fingertips in a pulsating, fluctuating orb of energy. Kadya panicked, her limbs completely immobilised, she tried to move, to fight, her muscles tensing as she did so, but to no avail.

"Naat?! Hey! Naat ela shu negha'ghoi?! Linghis mih!!!

"No, look, please I'm sorry but, just please don't say anything okay? Neither of us has to get into strife over this! I'll release you just promise you won't say anything?" Daxos all but begged, his smile vanished. He couldn't return to his family after all this time without being a fully-realised Paxari Mage... That would only confirm what everyone had always thought of him: that he was a good-for-nothing fool who could never truly accomplish anything.

"Shalak shu!!!!" Kadya screamed, putting all her energy into a single action...

And with immense effort, she was able to fight Daxos' magic and wave her fingers just enough to send a small nearby rock hurtling towards his head.

"World Below!" Daxos cursed, narrowly dodging the rogue stone "Damn it all girl are you trying to kill me?!"

"Shalak Shu!!! I leave! You no stop me!!!" The fierce Bo'Var, now free to move again, brandished her own pair of blue orbs of energy from her hands, ready to duel if need be.

"Well then, if that's how this shall be..." Daxos, his face now a mask of stoicism, took up the combat stance Master Atravius had taught him, magic at the ready.

With a lightning fast motion, Kadya's right hand shot towards the nearest tree, then back towards Daxos. As she did so, a great swarm of thick green leaves came thundering towards the young ruffian, engulfing his entire being and blocking his vision.

Though flustered Daxos dispersed the cloud of leaves with a sharp wave of his arms... But as soon as he did so he saw a raven-haired warrioress shoot towards him with lightning speed. He only just had time to cross his arms flat across his chest to form a shield of blue energy, before she slammed her open palm against him. The impact caused a shockwave that blasted him across the pond to the opposite bank.

Scrambling to his feet, Daxos smirked.

"My my, you're quite good at this milady!"

As Kadya readied another spell, she glared at the cocky Tyrian, she would enjoy teaching this disbal some manners.

"Come then, with all your might..."

"Nyas Aru'sho... Raaaaaaagh!"

Kadya hovered for a second just above the ground before blasting her way over the surface of the water towards him...

And that would be her ultimate mistake.

With a wide, circular wave of his arms, Daxos sprung his trap.

"Yuugh! Naat?! What do to me?! Let me go!!" The wild beauty snarled.

A great mass of the ponds water had shot up from the surface, engulfing her up to just below her neck, suspending her above the ground inside a form-fitting bubble. Once again, she couldn't move. The water was so... So dense, so heavy! Was he manipulating the water to encase her in a liquid cocoon of some kind?!

"How dare you?! Ehna sha'tabratsovit shu sakhopam shalakro!!! Sha-mmmph! Mmmmmph?!?!"

Daxos sighed heavily as he used his magic to peel some stringy strands of bark from a nearby tree, and reluctantly, as the Bo'Var Mage began cursing him like no tomorrow, he began to tightly entwine those bark strands around her mouth, compressing her lips and cheeks, rendering her speechless but for some enraged, muffled groaning.

"Kadya, please, calm yourself, I have no desire to fight you!" Daxos kept his hands raised, the blue energy radiating from his hands with intense light now rather than a dim glow.

"Shmmmlmmk shmmmmph!!! Lmmmgmmmphhh Mmm!!!" The princess growled and shrieked behind the improvised bark-strand gag. The water compressing her body felt so strange against her skin, she struggled like an Ursir against the liquid prison, but to no avail. The water would shift only ever so slightly with her movements but quickly adapt to keep her restrained.

"Very well, struggle to your hearts content, perhaps we can talk when your strength is spent..."

TO BE CONTINUED
TayDay95
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TayDay95 »

Fandango wrote: 10 months ago Welcome back, @TayDay95. I'm not sure if you ever really left but I haven't seen a new work of yours since I joined this board. And I've thoroughly enjoyed some of your previous stories. It's great to have you posting stories again. This one seems very promising. You are a very talented writer.
Many thanks man, I have been absent from any meaningful interactions on this site for a long time now, I'll pop in occasionally to see how things are but yeah, had alot of personal stuff to sort out 😅

You flatter me with your kind words mate, really, thank you. It feels great to be writing here again and I hope you and the others like the new update 😁❤️
Rtj65
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Rtj65 »

Great stuff, I really like the fantasy setting you're creating here. I can see some real chemistry developing between Daxos and Kadya; this has got the makings of a very enjoyable read all round!
Male switch from the UK here, always up for a chat about anything TUGs related!

My stories
Causality (F/M) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9909
A Grey Area (M/F) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12604
TayDay95
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TayDay95 »

Rtj65 wrote: 10 months ago Great stuff, I really like the fantasy setting you're creating here. I can see some real chemistry developing between Daxos and Kadya; this has got the makings of a very enjoyable read all round!
That really means alot to me my friend thank you ❤️

This is actually set in an IP I've been worldbuilding since I was 14, it just happens to be so expansive that I can even tell tug-style stories in it lol. So glad you're enjoying it so far, there'll be more to come 😊
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

very interesting capture!
Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

Well wasn’t that well written and great fun, looks like someone’s found his mojo again with this tale
TayDay95
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TayDay95 »

Nainur wrote: 10 months ago very interesting capture!
Thanks I'm gonna try and be more creative with some of this bondage 😁
TayDay95
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TayDay95 »

Bandit666 wrote: 10 months ago Well wasn’t that well written and great fun, looks like someone’s found his mojo again with this tale
You're far too kind my man 😊
TayDay95
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TayDay95 »

[mention]Bandit666[/mention], [mention]Caesar73[/mention], [mention]Nainur[/mention], [mention]GreyLord[/mention], [mention]Rtj65[/mention], [mention]Fandango[/mention].

Thanks for your kind, supportive comments guys. Enjoy this next chapter! 😁

Chapter 3: A Strange Feeling

"MMMMMPH!!! GMMMHMMKMMMPH! LMMGMMPH MMM!!!"

Daxos sighed heavily, almost an hour had passed since he had restrained Kadya inside her liquid prison, and she was showing no signs of letting up.

He'd been forced to switch up her gag from a few strands of bark to a more comfortable but effective gag. Having torn off a thick strip of cloth from his cloak and, using his magic, jamming it between her teeth and lips before tying it off behind her head.

The exotic beauty struggled fiercely against the dense walls of water that suspended her in the air, even though she could see it flowed along with the movements of her body to ensure her total lack of control, no matter what she tried. It was absolutely exhausting, and she was getting cold to the bone... But she was a warrior princess of the Iron Storm tribe, and by the Red Stallion she would, not, yield!

"Honestly girl, I only want to talk, will you not relent?" Daxos shrugged incredulously.

"Grrrrrmph!!!" She snarled in response, like a cornered wolf.

"By the Gods, ok then! I suppose this will be a rather one-sided conversation then. You needn't talk, at least do me the courtesy of listening."

"Hmmmph..." Kadya rolled her eyes. As if she had a choice but to listen...

"Now, I never intended to drag you into this, I was merely caught up in the thrill of the chase and happened upon you. But even then, they don't send prospective Paxari to the dungeons simply for stealing a chicken. It's not like we're committing human sacrifices out here!"

"Hmm..." Kadya scoffed.

'Oh no of course, we don't do that, we just restrain our fellow Mages against their will and gag them so they can't call for help... How perfectly innocent.' She thought to herself, still trying to wrestle her way from her watery cocoon.

"Yes, yes I know, I haven't made the finest first impression haha." Daxos chuckled. "But, if I were to release you... Milady, look at me."

He lowered the pretty, helpless Bo'Var to the ground in front of him, still encased in that thick wall of water, the red cloth of his cloak still filling her mouth, puffing up her cheeks and stretching her lips.

She did finally look in his eyes.

They were rather mesmerising, actually.

And so too, he noticed the same of hers.

"If I release you now, shall you promise not to deliver me to the Masters? I genuinely never meant to cause you distress, we can just pass this off as a silly misadventure, what say you?" Daxos asked calmly.

Kadya had no mind to submit to such a scoundrel, but her cold, soggy clothes were so heavy and disgusting against her skin now, she wanted to be dry, and most of all, she just wanted to move freely...

She sighed heavily behind her gag.

'I suppose it was just a chicken, just some harmless buffoonery.' she thought.

Kadya nodded in defeat.

True to his word, Daxos withdrew the water from around her, returning it gracefully to the pond whence it came in a steady stream that snaked its way through the air in a dazzling display.

Kadya raised her arms and ripped the gag from her mouth, spitting out loose strands of cloth.

"Huhhh... Shalak shu, kudhan!" she spat at the young man's feet in disgust before starting to walk off back towards Kala Magai.

"So... Do we have an accord?" Daxos called after her.

"Ugh, leave alone!" she snarled, stomping away furiously.

As Daxos sniggered at the mad turn of events, Kadya couldn't help but smirk a little.

This man was a fool if he thought she wouldn't repay him in kind for this little misadventure.

TO BE CONTINUED
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Another thrilling chapter [mention]TayDay95[/mention] ! I will comment in ore detail later!
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

oh, well, indeed: much to looking forward to! Enjoying the cheekiness here!
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

The contest is declared. Clearly there will be fun and games to come. Well done, [mention]TayDay95[/mention].
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Very intriguing I must say - I like the characters you have created. Kayda is truly a warrior princess. Very creative the water cocoon! That Kayda is hell bent on revenge is not surprising. Will be interesting were you take this story to [mention]TayDay95[/mention] !
Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

Wow what can I say that hasn’t already been said, it’s great to have you back here and producing such amazing work, so imaginative and entertaining mate :)
Rtj65
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Rtj65 »

I'm glad that I've caught up with the latest chapter, it was just as fun and creative as the previous two. You've set up a really nice dynamic here, so I'm looking forward to seeing what's to come next.
Male switch from the UK here, always up for a chat about anything TUGs related!

My stories
Causality (F/M) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9909
A Grey Area (M/F) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12604
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic