Revelation (M/F) (F/M) - A sequel to Devastation

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago This story has, and still is, pulling me in all sorts of directions, mentally. So many scenes to imagine, not just in this story, but also Devastation. A great read, although I do find it a shame it is always the same people reacting (as they do on many stories, including my own).
I am really pleased it still proves a great read for you and hope it continues to remain so.

In some ways it is a shame that it is the same people who tebd to react, however, i am really happy to have such a dedicated fanbase for this tale. I appreciate that it is a big chunk of story for anyone new to it and maybe i should have broken it into smaller arcs but, who knows.
Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago That was a tremendeous chapter: The Entry with Nikita fighting the Undead was great. But the Centrepievce of this installment was the fight between Dani and Tamara and for the very first time in her life Tamara meets someone who is stronger than her, her usual tactics does not work. Most touching the End: Dani stays with Tamara till she has drawn her last breath. That shows another side of Dani, we at times forget. All well done [mention]wolfman[/mention] !
Dani has grown a lot through the course of this tale, back when she was the Zombie, she was a killer pure and simple. But a lot has happened to change her and make her value life more.
GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago [mention]slackywacky[/mention] and [mention]Caesar73[/mention] have great insights into this story. I am most impressed by the innate kindness that Dani displays and the interplay of justice and mercy. [mention]wolfman[/mention], you are a great master. I look forward to your grand opening as well as to new chapters. Your casting question requires some thought. I don't know if I can answer the question properly.
The casting is a tough one. There are so many fantastic actors that could portray Steve, Lou, Kate and Ryan. But Sasha, Dani and Nikita are tough as they are all in their eaely 20's ans must be able to handle the physicality of the characters

As always gentlemen, thank you for taking the tine to comment
View my latest story, Revelation, here;

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8719

To view it's prequel Devastation, please click below;
https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7458
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Natalie wakes slowly luxuriating in the warm glow of the afternoon sun again her skin. She rises naked from the bed and stretches. Her back and shoulders are in knots from spending much of last night bound tightly to the bed and pounded into the mattress.

She smiles to herself, at the memory of the previous night’s activities. “He is like no one I have ever met.”

Gingerly she crosses the room on sore legs, feeling the pinch in the muscles of her inner thighs. She claims a glass from the small freezer and fills it with fresh orange juice from the fridge.

She raises the glass to her lips and gulps down several mouthfuls. “I am not sure how many more sessions like last night I can take without a break.” She reflects rubbing the cool glass over her forehead.

“He has been at it all day, supporting his sisters. He will probably need a massage to unwind.” She thinks of the perfect muscles of his chiselled body and moans softly to herself. “Maybe we should wait a little before having a night off.”

She sets the glass down on top of the rooms fridge and takes a long slow breath inhaling the scent of his sweat from her skin.

Almost on autopilot she goes to her drawer and pulls out clean knickers, bra, t-shirt and jeans, leaving them on the bed.

Natalie moves with purpose, striding into the bathroom and turning on the shower, already anticipating the pummelling lances of its steamy jets, massaging her body.

Natalie fetches a robe from the bedroom and hangs it on the back of the bathroom door. The grabs a razor and pulls it on the shelf in the shower, “Has been a couple of days, don’t want him getting stubble rash.”

From her soap bag, she snatches her toothbrush and toothpaste setting them on the bathroom sink ready for after her shower.

With a faraway look in her eyes she looks up at herself in the mirror and then sighs, “All good things must come to an end.”

Jim sits back in the living room of Nikita’s home and his gaze is drawn to a screen on his left. He edges closer to it and frowns in a mix of confusion and concentration.

He closes his eyes and reaches out across the world. Data from the Air Traffic Control tower of Split International Airport, washes over him like a gentle wave of a spring tide, confirming his suspicions

Jim’s eyes snap open and he snatches up his phone, as soon as it is answered, he blurts out, “The island is visible.”

Carl jerks forward in his seat and smiles down at Liam in his incubator, “Snositi? How?”

“No idea. The illusion that disguised it, must have come down. But Split ATC radio chatter is off the charts with pilots talking about an island they have never seen before.” Jim explains, before adding, “The military are gearing up to send a team of special forces in.”

“Shit. This could be a disaster. Any word from Sasha, Niki or Dani?” Carl asks, running a quick check on Lazarus assets.

Jim shakes his head and reaches out to a weather satellite currently over the Mediterranean. “We have to stop them.” Jim says, jumping up from his seat, seeing a live feed from Snositi.

“Could you override radar imaging and navigation systems of attending aircraft?” Carl asks, kissing his fingers and pressing them to the side of the incubator.

“I think so, will need to use connection in command centre.” Jim says, pulling a pair of shoes on.

“Sounds good. I will meet you there.” Carl asks, getting up blowing kisses at his nephew and waving to him, while he backs out of the room.

Hearing the shower running upstairs, he knows Natalie is awake. “Be there in five.” He says, hanging up.

Jim stands at the foot of the stairs, thinking, “I should really go to her before, I head out, but it will end in sex and I need to go now.”

Shrugging on a jacket, he calls up the stairs “Just popping out. Won’t be long darling.”

A moment later he closes the front door behind him, thinking to himself, “I have never met a woman like her before. No one has ever made me feel how she makes me feel.” He sighs, “I want to trust her but I have seen the messages, I need to confront her, but I haven’t the heart to do it.”

She stares at her reflection, seeing her deep brown eyes, dark hair and light olive skin. Rather than the pale skin, blonde hair and green eyes of Natalie.

“Well, Bernhard did say that the glamour would last until either he cancelled it or died. I am guessing he is dead.” She thinks, rushing into the bedroom.

“I am blown. If they catch me, I am as good as dead.” She thinks, rapidly getting dressed.

With practiced skill, she unpicks the lining to her soap bag and pulls out a passport and wallet with cards and currency. She quickly slips them into the back pockets of her jeans. “If I can slip away unseen, there is no way they can find me.”

The Changeling hears Jim leaving and nods to herself. “I think I am alone, I have no idea how long for. This is the time to run.”

She checks the pockets of her tan leather jacket, removing any electrical or mechanical items, Jim could use to trace her, before slipping it on.

“There are no cameras in here, but all the hallways and communal areas have cameras.” She thinks, pulling on a balaclava. “This should stop any images of my real face being captured.”

The Changeling stands at the threshold of the bedroom, taking a last look. “Shame it had to end like this. Is it wrong that I want him to find me again?”

Within ten minutes, she is gone with all trace of her passing, save for a simple handwritten note on Jim’s pillow.

The cave is near silent save for thr distant sounds of battle. One by one the torches begin to gutter. Samar tries to help Bernhard to his feet. But the older man sits limp with a look of defeat.

“What have I unleashed on the world?” Bernhard asks, rhetorically. “In a few short days, everything is ruined. The island is turned upside down. The islanders know the truth and with the loss of my powers, the island is there for all to see. Timor is awake and his army is on the move. If he gets them to shore, Europe will be a wasteland.”

Samar slumps next to his employer and offers him a draught from his hip flask. When it is declined, Samar speaks softly, but firmly. “Sir. Sasha and her sisters might be able to contain his forces. The fact that we can still hear Sasha and Timor in battle is a testament to her abilities, all may not be lost.”

“I made it my life’s work to find Timor and claim his power. I was going to lead the world into a golden age where manual labour is undertaken by the dead and the living would be free to pursue enlightenment.” Bernhard says, bitterly.

“A noble goal indeed.” Samar nods, “There was no way you could have known what would happen.”

Bernhard stares into the distance, somehow smaller with tears in his eyes, “Tamara is dead.”

“Sasha said she didn’t kill her.” Samar says, gently.

“She didn’t die by Sasha’s hand, she died a few moments ago. I felt her passing.” Bernhard explains, exhausted.

“I am sorry for your loss, sir.” Samar says, despite not believing that she is actually dead.

“Thank you Samar. You are about the only person I have left. With Edward and Tamara gone, I am the last of my family alive. It even looks like cousin Lupita’s gone.”

“All is not lost, you have plenty of assets and capital. This day has been damning, but tomorrow will be different.” Samar assures him.

“Tomorrow will probably see me dragged to shore in chains. When they come for me, make yourself scarce. Get yourself clear, you have the account numbers. Live your life and be free.” Bernhard says, maintaining his dignity.

“I have a boat stashed, on the west side of the island, we can evac to it through the tunnels and be on the mainland in less than two hours. From there we can charter a plane and disappear within four hours.” Samar suggests, not wanting to see his employer in prison.

“No my friend. I have unleashed an ancient terror on the world through my vainglory and hubris. I do not deserve my freedom. I will face my mistakes. When the authorities come, I will go quietly.” Bernhard says, unable to hide the fear in his voice.

“At least let me help you, sir. Consider it my last act of service.” Samar says, getting to his feet and offering his hand to help his employer to his feet.

Bernhard takes his hand and slowly gets to his feet, “Thank you Samar, you are a good man.”

“We should probably try to find another way out.” The mercenary says, jerking a thumb towards the mine entrance and the sounds of intense conflict.

“That is a good idea.” Bernhard says, marvelling at the fact that after over six hours, Timor and Sasha are still fighting as intensely as ever. On some level, he prays for her strength in the face of the ancient warlord.

Samar leads them deeper underground, through the maze of tunnels. They reach the central hub after what feels to Bernhard like an eternity. “How much farther?”

The Iraqi checks his watch and wobbles his head a little, “Maybe twenty minutes.” He is struck by how tired and frail looking his employer is and adds, “We can’t hear the fighting anymore, it should be safe to rest for a few minutes.”

“You should go. Get yourself clear.” Bernhard says, feeling every moment of his years. “I have dragged enough of your people down with this mess. Save yourself.”

In that moment, Samar knows that his employer would not be able to withstand a trial and the media focus it would put on him. “I can’t stand by and let this man, be crushed by his mistakes.” He thinks, sorrowfully, knowing what he must do.

Bernhard gets to his feet and sees his chief of security and friend, standing before him, with his gun in his hand. He looks into the Iraqi’s eyes and sees the man’s pain and resolve.

Taking a moment, he straightens his jacket and adjust his collar, before running a finger through his hair. He closes his eyes and takes a breathe, whispering a heartfelt, “Thank you.”

A single gunshot rings out, then the cave is silent once more.

slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

wolfman wrote: 1 year ago “All good things must come to an end.”
But some things should go on... Well written chapter.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

If we keep heaping praise on you, [mention]wolfman[/mention], I am sure that it will go to your head. But you deserve it. Great writing, great story.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago If we keep heaping praise on you, @wolfman, I am sure that it will go to your head. But you deserve it. Great writing, great story.
Amen to that :) That Natalie is the mole must break Jim´s Heart - and again one of those twists you are so good at. And especially good the End of this Chapter!
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Dean pours hot milk into a cup of dark chocolate and begins to stir. He thinks of his little sister as she used to be and smiles, “Ali is not a kid anymore. She has been through more than most people would go through in a life time.”

He spoons a generous helping of whipped cream into the cup and sets it on a tray with four others, “I have lost count of the times I have made her a hot chocolate over the years.” He remembers the first time she did a trick from the book and made a spoon disappear and the pride he felt that day.

She had that same joy, the day he told her that he got unto his dream university to study engineering.

“She was so excited for me. I have no idea how to tell her I am not going away to uni.” Dean thinks, smiling to himself. “It just doesn’t feel right leaving at the moment.”

He picks up the tray and adds a plate of muffins, thinking, “It doesn’t matter what Ali can do, she will always be my sister and I will always be there for her. True is I need her too.”

Dean stops outside the room That the girls have been sharing and gently knocks. “That’s odd.” He thinks after, waiting for a couple of minutes, “I could have sworn they were in.”

He knocks again and softly asks, “Ali? It’s Dean, can I come in?”

He listens close to what sounds like frantic movement before Ali’s voice speaks out, shakily, “Are you alone?”

Confused, Dean answers, “Yeah, just me.”

“Come in, but promise you won’t be mad.” Ali says, in a nervous tone.

Dean awkwardly open the door one handed and slips in the room. It takes a moment for him to make sense of the scene in front of him.

He tries but fails, to stop himself from laughing, as he sets the tray down. “What the hell have you done?”

Ali looks up at him with puppy dog eyes. Like her sisters, she lays on a bed, her ankles, wrists and elbows are cuffed together, but unlike them, she no longer has a strip of tape over her mouth trapping a sponge inside.

She turns a deep shade of scarlet and mumbles, “We were practicing escaping in case we get captured again.”

“But with everything going on at the minute, why now?” Dean asks, confused.

Ali manages to get herself seated on the bed then hangs her head, “To help take Kim’s mind off of things.”

“Fair enough.” Dean says wearily shaking his head, “What happened?”

“We are stuck.” She breaks eye contact and looks at the floor. “We left the keys in the bag and none of us can reach them.”

Dean walks over to the bag and snags the keys and out of curiosity picks up a pair of handcuffs from the bag then takes a seat in the arm chair.

“Dean? Are you going to help us?” Ali asks, rattling the chains of her cuffs. “Please. Don’t mess about. Tara needs the loo.”

He gives her a wink and looks at the keys. It takes him a moment to pick out Tara from the other girls, then he quickly releases the cuffs.

She doesn’t wait to take the tape off of her mouth. She simply runs for the bathroom, tearfully mumbling.

“Thank you so much.” Ali says, feeling Tara’s relief, then chews her lip, “Are you going to let us go?”

Dean holds up the handcuffs so they a clear for all to see, “In a moment, but first a little trick.”

He gives a little smile and with a flourish, the cuffs disappear from his hand, tucked safely into their own pocket dimension. “Ta daa.”

“How?” Ali asks, “How do you know how to do that?”

Dean shrugs, “I got a copy of the book when I was eight. That’s how I was able to help you when you first started out with it.” He picks up the roll of duct tape from the bag and sends it to a pocket dimension with a flourish.

“Why didn’t you say anything?” Ali asks, a little hurt.

“It was your thing at a time and it made mum and dad so proud of you. The pure joy in your eyes when you worked out how to do it the first time. I couldn’t take that from you.” Dean says, before smiling to himself, “But that’s not the question you should be asking.”

Ali thinks back to that day and remembers the way she felt the first time she successfully managed to use the sleight of hand trick. She smiles, up at her big brother, remembering that moment and so many others when he has helped her study for school. “Thank you for always being there.”

Dean beams a smile at her and sits on the bed next to her. “I will always have your back.” He puts an arm around her shoulder and whispers in her ear, “Do you want to know the question you should be asking?”

She looks up at him, her eyes wide and trusting, then nods expectantly. He leans down and whispers once again, “Ask yourself, if Dean can make handcuffs and duct tape disappear, why can’t I?”

She looks up at her brother for a moment, looking for answers in his eyes. He grins and gives her a wink, as a look of comprehension widens her eyes. She flexes her fingers and with a flourish the cuffs which hold her, reside in their own pocket dimension.

A moment later, Kim and Anya free themselves and they exchange a look of shock with Ali. “We will never be prisoners again.” Kim psis, with a thumbs up.

Tara bursts back in to the room, “OMG. Is it true? Lock me up, I wanna try.”

Dean sits back and watches as Kim, Ali and Anya pounce on Tara in fits of giggling as they lock her arms and legs together. “Until a few days ago I had a cool little sister. Now I have four.” He thinks, taking a sip of hot chocolate barely having time to set it down before Tara is free and all of the girls squeal and throw their arms around him.

The girls eventually settle and seat themselves around the room with a hot chocolate and a muffin. Each on their own bed, with Ali snuggled up to her brother. She looks up at him tearfully, “I am going to miss you.”

“What do you mean?” Dean asks, squeezing her shoulder.

“When you go to uni. I will miss you.” She says, sadly.

Dean smiles down at her, “Yeah. About that. I am not going away. I have signed up to a course on the Open University. I can do it from here. You are stuck with me, Alicat.” He looks up at Anya, Kim and Tara, “That goes for everyone.”

“But your course, it was your dream.” Ali says, part relieved, part heartbroken.

“True but you are my sister and that matters. It might have been my dream, but my nightmare is you needing me and me not being there for you.” Dean says, feeling a sense of peace.

“You can’t let your dreams go, for my sake. You deserve more.” Ali pleads, unable to put into words what she is feeling.

“I will get my degree and I will continue be here for you. I am so proud of you.” Dean says, forcing the words past the lump in his throat.

Ali throws her arms around him and hugs him tight. “I am proud of you too. Thank you for being there.”

“Always.” He says hugging her back.

“Thank you for showing us how to get free.” Kim says, a little starry eyed.

“No worries.” Dean says with a grin, “The book says, “With the right discipline, you can place anything which may be encompassed by the sweep of the arms, into its own pocket dimension for later retrieval and deposit either within or without the sweep of the arms.” That gives a lot of scope.”

“Do you know any other cool stuff?” Anya asks, excited.

Dean doesn’t say anything. He simply winks and smiles.

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

That was quite the interessting change of place and characters [mention]wolfman[/mention] - after all the Drama a little innocent escape training :)
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Sorry this is short, [mention]wolfman[/mention], but I must say that this is great.
Spy Task Force Completed
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago That was quite the interessting change of place and characters @wolfman - after all the Drama a little innocent escape training :)
I felt a little palette cleanser was in order to take away from all the darkness. Overall i am happy with how it turned out.
GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago Sorry this is short, [mention]wolfman[/mention], but I must say that this is great.
Thank you very much for your kind words. And in answer to your previous comment, praise will not got to my head, but it helps motivate me to continue

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

The air swirls with the crumbled bones of Timor’s Undead Guard. Sasha launches herself across the staging area for the mine. Timor dives and rolls out of her way.

They both get to their feet at the same time and begin slowly circling each other. “Why are you here?” Sasha asks, scrutinising the man, “He is like no one I have ever faced, however hard I hit him, he just keeps coming.”

He smiles, gently, “When souls pass, on this island or in the seas around, they come to me and I see the state of the world. It keeps me up to date, so to speak.”

Sasha kicks up a loose pile of gravel into his face and charges forward when he raises his hands. She launches a powerful flying kick aimed at his heart, but he catches her ankle and throws her with a twist. He continues to speak, while she gets to her feet, “In part it is the diminishing of my reliquary that woke me, that much is true. However, it is because of COVID and the Ukraine conflict, that I know, this is my time.”

“Is he stalling or monologuing? Sasha wonders, planning her next move.

“A plague afflicting those the world over, a war in one of the largest grain exporters in the world with one of the largest fuel exporters.” Timor says, leaping forward, and unleashing a flurry of blows, whilst Sasha stops most of the blows, some creep through her defences.

She lands a powerful blow to his gut and follows up with an onslaught of thundering punches, driving him backwards. Timor rallies himself when his back touches the walls of the cliff, shoving her back and then slicing open her cheek with a devastating elbow strike.

They back away from each other hands raised to protect their faces, “What have COVID and the Ukraine got to do with you coming back?” Sasha says, feeling the sting of her cheek.

Timor shakes his head, in exasperation, “This really is a godless age. This world has disease, food shortages and a conflict drawing in or affecting every nation.” When Sasha shrugs, he continues, “Pestilence, Famine and War. I am here because I am Death. Returned to the world as the Bible foretells.”

Sasha throws her head back and laughs, “Fella you are not Death. You are an old man, with a little magic.”

He patiently waits for her to stop laughing and simply says, “And the dead shall walk the earth.”

“Neat trick, but my sister can do that too.” Sasha says, watching his reactions, “Sorry Timor, but your mother’s special boy, isn’t all that special.”

“Can she really? That is interesting. Maybe I should be courting her to be my general instead.” He says thoughtfully.

“You talk a good game. But you’re stalling.” Sasha says, with a smile, slowly moving to her left, “I think you have realised the same thing that I have.”

“And what would that be?” Timor asks, in a playful tone.

“That we have been fighting for hours and neither one of us has landed a decisive blow on the other.” Sasha explains, subtly stretching her legs and arms.

“True enough.” Timor says, deciding the time is right, “We could be at this for a very long time, or we can talk about a deal.”

“You have nothing I want.” Sasha says, with a grim finality.

“You have lost people. I can bring them back. What about your brothers, Simon, Michael or Matthew? Or your sister Helen?”

Sasha clenches her teeth, “Don’t say it.”

Her blood turns to ice and her heart stops, at the sound of four little words, “What’s going on, love.”

Sasha slowly turns to the source of the voice and a small part of her breaks inside. Timor quietly whispers in her ear, “Consider this an act of faith. Go to him.”

Sasha shakes her head, her lips trembling. Kurt looks around confused, “Sasha? Talk to me. What is going on?”

“He looks the same as the last time I saw him alive, but dressed in the suit, he wore to the funeral.” Sasha thinks, edging sub-consciously towards him. “Kurt?”

“You’re starting to scare me, love.” He says, searching her face for any sign of what’s wrong.

“Do you remember what happened?” Sasha asks, trying to keep her calm as she thinks, “He still looks, as handsome as the first day we met.”

“We had an argument. You hit me.” He says, shocked almost as if remembering for the first time.

“I’m so sorry. I...” Sasha begins, but is cut off.

Kurt gently raises a hand and speaks softly, “We were both out of line.” She makes no move to resist as he tenderly wraps his arms around her. “From now on, I will never leave your side.”

“He still smells the same and it feels like him in my arms, could it be true?” She thinks, daring to hope. They stand in silence for anywhere between a moment and a year, lost in the sensations of an embrace, Sasha never thought she would share again. “What is the last thing you remember?”

“Kim and I had just got to Karl’s.” Kurt stops, for a moment, “There were men there with guns.” He looks down at Sasha with pleading eyes, “Oh God. Is Kim alright?”

“Yes. Long story but she is safe at home.” Sasha feels a part of herself melt, seeing the familiar look of concern in his eyes.

“What happened to Karl?” Kurt asks, with the colour draining from his face.

“He didn’t make it. He was killed and so were you.” Sasha says, with a lump in her throat. “I’ve missed you so much.”

“How long have I been gone?” Kurt asks, holding her close.

“Too long.” She says, feeling a sadness settle over her soul.

“We have the rest of our lives together.” He leans in and kisses her deeply, when their lips part, he smiles gently and asks, “How is my little man?”

Sasha beams with pride, “He was born prematurely, but he is a fighter.”

“Mark my words, Liam will want for nothing.” Kurt says filled with joy, before adding, “With the best big sisters in the world.”

Sasha closes her eyes and bites her lip before letting him go and edging slowly away from him. Kurt reaches for her, but she gently brushes his hand aside.

“What’s wrong love?” Kurt asks, confusion on his face.

“I could overlook you not asking about my baby bump. But you knew I had a boy and that I had called him Liam. There was no way you could have known.” Sasha says, wishing the man before her didn’t look like her husband. “And there is no way you could have known that Kim has found her sisters and they are with us.”

Kurt’s expression falters, “The devil is in the details. Isn’t it?” Timor smiles, darkly, dropping his facade.

Seeing red, Sasha body slams the ancient necromancer taking him to the ground. She straddles his chest and rains blows down on his head, “How dare you try to use my family against me? He is the only man I have ever loved.”

“The graveyard took only seven minutes to clear.” Nikita thinks, in dismay looking out across the advancing horde.

As far as the eye can see, a shambling sea of bone and decayed flesh, inexorably advances towards the town’s main gate. She glances to her left and right at Nikitwo, Nikithree and Nikifour. “We have been at this for hours. I have never done anything like this with multiple mes.” She thinks, feeling all of her reserves dwindling.

But the four of them stand strong, arms split into tentacles, bodies encased in black carapace, dark hair flowing freely in the breeze.

Despite the length of time they have been fighting, the four of her remain focused, in the face of the horde. Each movement smashes more incoming foes and outwardly there are no signs of any of them slowing down.

She fights like a wild animal lashing out at all incoming threats, casting aside the incoming Undead.

“What I wouldn’t give to have some air support right about now.” Nikita says breathlessly.

She pulls back to strike the next densely packed line, only to see it disintegrate before her eyes. Nikita makes out a dozen rapidly spinning metal blades zipping through the next line, like a hot knife through butter.

“What the hell?” She asks, in disbelief.

Dani steps from the Dead World, emerging next to Nikita and gazes out over the approaching horde. “Hey babe. Sorry I took so long.”

“You have no idea how good it is to see you.” Nikita says, with a hint of fatigue in her voice, “I am not sure how much longer I can do this.”

“You have been pushing hard for so long.” Dani thinks, concerned, before suggesting “Why don’t you go and get something to eat? Build your reserves back up.”

“Are you sure?” Nikita asks, somewhat relieved, “Will you be alright?”

Dani nods, subtly, “I’ve got this.” She doesn’t see a horde of Undead Guard, she sees a sea of souls, held against their will desperate for release. “I have a lot of work to do.”

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

How shall I put it? Intense? Fascinating? Touching?

My favourite is the Conversation beween Sasha and Timor, how he tries to lure her in by sending - seemingly - Kurt back. And I like the references to our present. And when Sashs sees through this charade and throws herself at her enemy.

Good to know, that Dani returns to her sisters and helps Nikita now. There will be hell to pay!

Excellent [mention]wolfman[/mention]
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

[mention]wolfman[/mention], you have exceed your own high standards. I love the reference to current events. Sasha, Nikita, and Dani are a dream team fighting evil. Each sister brings her own special talents to the fight. Long may this story continue.
Spy Task Force Completed
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

[mention]Caesar73[/mention] [mention]GreyLord[/mention]

Youbare too kind gentlemen. Thank you so much for your kind words. I wanted tp referwnce current events as he may be right that COVID is pestilence and the war in Ukraine broght both war and famine in some measure to the world.

I have always tried to keep this story grounded on spme level despite the subject matter and it made sense to do this.

They are an evil fighting dream team that is true. But they are capable on their own as much as with others, who knows what the future will hold for them

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Samar advances through the brush quietly, sidearm drawn and raised. His eyes are constantly searching for signs of trouble.

“Looks like all the Undead are converging on the town. Has been quiet so far, but this is not the time to drop my guard.” He thinks, approaching a secluded path.

He tenses hearing movement up ahead, then quietly, checks his sidearm and threads a silencer. “This far without contact. Would be just my luck to have some of the locals trying to steal my boat.”

He inches down the path, taking care to evenly place his feet on the loose gravel and sand leading to the beach. He is as close to silent as it is possible for someone to be.

Samar presses his back to a boulder at the point where the path meets the sand and risks a peek towards the source of the noise he heard.

He silently curses and looks at his sidearm, then looks at the thirty foot snake, swallowing an eighty pound albacore whole. The snake is about a hundred feet away in the surf, but its head and upper body are raised almost eight feet out of the water. “I am hoping that is Nikita.”

“Shit. If I go for my boat, I am snake food. Even if I get to it, I will not have the speed to get clear.” Samar thinks holstering his gun, taking a grenade off of his belt and pulling the pin.

In that moment, he is filled with calm. “I have faced American bombs, ISIS fighters and special forces from across the globe. This monster may scare me, but it is the only thing between me and getting off of this island.”

He steps out onto the beach and edges towards the beast, running through scenarios in his mind.

Samar freezes when the beast turns to face him. Its icy blue eyes bore into his soul only breaking its gaze when Samar brings the grenade into his eyeline between them.

“I just want to get to my boat and get out of here.” Samar says, trying not to let his fear show.

Slowly he edges towards the small cluster of rocks, hiding his boat. He doesn’t take his eyes off of the massive snake for fear of it launching at him while he is not looking.

Samar pushes the boat into the water and clenches his left fist tightly, to try and stop it trembling. The snake watches, dispassionately, as he pulls the cord of the boats outboard motor.

Samar’s heart lurches as the motor turns over but doesn’t catch. He looks at it in dismay, as he tries another three times with the same result. Then he realises, that he took his eyes off of the snake.

Nervously he looks up and is stunned by the naked raven-haired beauty that is close enough to touch.

She looks down at him. Her pale skin glistening in the silvery moon light. “Pump the throttle twice and then try again.” She says gently.

With a thin stream of urine trickling down his left thigh he fumbles for the throttle and then yanks the cord again, bringing the motor roaring to life. “T-thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Nikita says, gently before seizing his throat with steel like talons, “If you tell anyone about my sisters or I, I will find you and obliterated you.”

Samar nods feeling his bladder continue to void itself, “U-u-understood.”

She releases his throat and stares menacingly into his eyes, “Now get the fuck out of here, before I change my mind.”

The boat takes off as if the devil is chasing it and Nikita watches the rapidly receding craft, leave the cove.

Nikita regurgitates the bones of the albacore in a tight lump and smiles to herself, “I have better things to do than follow him.” She closes her eyes, focusing on the life pulses of Sasha and Dani, “My sisters need me.”

Nikita fought like a wild woman in her defence of the town’s main gate. Dani however, is like a surgeon. She stands back, sending necrotic boomerangs spinning with lethal accuracy into the incoming horde.

The shambling mass of Undead, show little sign of slowing their approach. The only sound is the shuffling of their footsteps and the rapid crunches from Dani’s weapons, slamming into fresh targets each moment.

The air is thick with the dust of countless shattered bones, but Dani continues heedless. She pulls all but two of the boomerangs back, then uses the matter to craft four large blades.

Each blade is roughly ten foot long, a few millimetres thick and razor sharp. They swoop over the horde and split into two pairs, each pair travelling to one side of the horde. Hovering a little over five feet from the ground.

Dani takes a deep breath and unleashes the power of the weapons she has just created. Effortlessly, they scythe through the horde, cutting a swathe from the front of the formation.

“Well that seems to work.” She says gritting her teeth, against the incoming line of souls, seeking to transcend to what lies beyond, through her. “Here goes.”

The blades streak into action, criss-crossing the battlefield. The effect is instantaneous, when with a thought she cuts down dozens at a stroke.

Nikita circles the rapidly thinning horde and feels a sense of awe. “I had no idea. I thought I was effective but she is next level.”

The flock spreads over the whole island looking for any signs of stray Undead but sees none, “The horde must have been wholly focused on the town.”

She feels Dani’s pain radiate out from her. Without hesitation she converges the flock on her sister and is struck dumb by the sight that greets her.

Dani hangs motionless in the air, her head tilted back and her body limp. In a delirious storm around her, the freed souls of the army circle and dive into her. Never to be seen again.

Looking out over the field, the souls form an ethereal moonlit river flowing into the maelstrom around Dani. Nikita’s eyes moisten, as she watches humbled, “I will never understand the power she holds. Or how she finds the strength to wield it. Standing here watching like this, I feel so helpless.” She thinks, aghast.

The flow of the river subsides and with it, Dani slowly sinks to the ground. Nikita feels as if for a shining moment, all the evils of the world have been driven from this place. Even on the moonlit plain, the colours of the world seem more vibrant and alive.

Nikita sits at her sisters side and cradles her, feeling her pulse strong and steady.

Slowly Dani opens her eyes and once her vision becomes focused, sees her sister staring down at her.

Nikita beams down with relief, “Welcome back. How are you feeling?”

“Like a flag after a hurricane.” Dani says weakly, “How are you? Have you eaten?”

Nikita nods, “Yeah, had a fish supper. Feel like roadkill, but will be OK.”

Spiritually and physically exhausted, Dani fights shakily to her feet, “I think I got all of the Undead Guard. Let’s check on the townsfolk and find Sasha.”

“I have had flies on the wall since I left them. The townsfolk are shaken, but fine.” Nikita confirms, helping Dani to her feet. ”The question is are you OK?”

“In under an hour, several thousand souls have blasted through me. I feel like my brain has been shredded and stuffed back in my head upside down.” Dani thinks, feeling the strain in her mind and soul. Weakly she answers, “I am still a bit shaky, but I will be OK.”

“Are you up to finding Sasha?” Nikita asks, wishing the nutrients from the fish would work into her system quicker.

Dani struggles to sit up, gingerly, “Lead the way.”

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

My favourite part of this is the opening sequence: Nikita and Samar. The battle hardened warrior who has seen it all, loses it as he faces the Snake. And Nikita has obviously put the fear of god into him.

Then Nikita joining the epic battle her sister fights against the army of the dead. Also exquisite here? The dialogue between Dani and Nikita!
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

[mention]Caesar73[/mention] you are too kind.

I have always tried to make this story as much about the characters relationships as the action and bondage.

Nikita has had such a journey in this tale, as have the others. To such an extent that even she doesn't realised

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

The air is filled with rasping breathes from the combatants. Timor’s left eye has swollen almost completely shut. His cloak is gone, leaving him bare chested, displaying deep gouges, purple bruises and angry red marks that pock his body.

Sasha clutches her side and spits a gout of blood onto the ground between them. Her body is stiff from the hours of combat and the myriad injuries she has sustained. Her vision is blurry, but she still fixes him with a steely gaze, “I will see you dead before I become your general.”

“Your submission is irrelevant now, when you die, you are mine to command.” Timor taunts, darkly.

“Dream on. The only way a pussy like you would take me, is if I was a lesbian.” She snarls, “Even then, I would need to be desperate and I would be on top.”

“Tough words, but your body is betraying you. Even now, you feel yourself slowing down.” Timor snarls.

“You say that as if you are unscathed. Our battle has taken its toll on you too. You are half blind and losing blood.” Sasha fires back.

They circle each other in a natural gully, in an area the size of a boxing ring. Timor loses his footing on a loose rock and Sasha leaps at the man, hoping to capitalise on his imbalance.

Timor sees her advance and rolls backwards, evading her strike. He counters with a powerful kick to her knee, which she barely turns aside, leaving herself exposed. “I don’t know how much more of this I can take. He is wearing me down and I am almost spent.” She thinks, gritting her teeth.

He hisses, “This is your last chance.” He hammers her defences, with a storm of overhead strikes raining down on her. “My God, I have never faced a foe such as this. Nothing I do, does more than slow her down a little.” He thinks in grudging admiration. “I need to shake her resolve and strike hard to have any hope.”

She marshals her defences, advancing inside the arc of his strikes and shoving him back with both hands, “Bring it on, pal. You claim to be Death, but I am still standing.” Sasha fires back, whilst thinking, “I am tired but so is he. He seems to be slowing down.”

“Bernhard honed his craft well and his power of illusion is mine to command. Imagine being trapped in an illusion that you cannot escape being subjected to the kind of hell Edward would inflict and worse.” He crows, lunging at her.

“There is nothing you could do that would break me.” Sasha retorts, throwing him using his momentum.

He rolls to his feet and turns to face her, “Oh no. Not you. You are too stalwart. Too incorruptible. That wouldn’t stop you.” He says advancing on her, then unleashing a flurry of jabs, punctuating his words, “However, the same could not be said of Kim.”

Timor sees her revulsion at the notion and as she is about to retort, he slams a fist into her solar plexus winding her. All Sasha can do is bend over and gasp for air, while he rains hammer blows down on her head and shoulders. “You would be unable to find or help Kim, as her father torments her. She would only be free if you die or submit to my will. You will do my bidding, in this world and the next.”

In that moment, he is unaware of the depth and breadth of his error.

The love for her newly adopted daughter fills Sasha’s heart and she is overwhelmed by her maternal instincts, as this ceases to be the vanquishing of a dangerous foe and becomes the extermination of a threat to her family.

She catches his right wrist with her left hand, smashing a fist into his right upper arm. He howls in pain, feeling the bone shatter. Then feeling the tearing of skin and muscle, as his arm is pulled off, a guttural, almost primal cry escapes his throat

All of the living on the island, seem to hold their breath, as the ancient necromancers inhuman screams are carried to everyone who may listen.

Nikita senses Timor’s life pulse watching while he is ripped limb from limb and she quickens her pace "We have to get to Sasha.”

Dani drops to her knees, as Timor’s soul streaks through her, in as many pieces as his body, racing to escape the mortal coil. She steadies herself with a hand and looks up at Nikita. “We really do.”

Nikita charges forward in leopard form, while Dani flies overhead. They are United in their fear, as they approach the gulley. Cresting its edge they know their fears were justified.

Sasha sits in the blood soaked gulley, her chain mail tunic bloodied and torn, her helm lost, legs covered in blood and gore. She stares into space, heedless of the scatter body parts around her. Her body is battered and broken, but she is life.

She lashes out, feeling a hand on her shoulder. Nikita counts herself lucky that she has hyper dense bones, otherwise she would have a broken jaw.

Sasha looks up at her sisters and her heart skips a beat. Nikita settles to her right and Dani settles to her left. No-one speaks. They simply hold each other and lose themselves in their own thoughts.

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Chapeau [mention]wolfman[/mention] ! The duel between Timor and Sasha was a battle worthy of a poet like Homer. And how ironic that Timor pushes the trigger to his own doom: when he threatens Sasha - the way you described how Sashs reacts to this threat to all she holds dear is extremely well done.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Epic, [mention]wolfman[/mention]. I have spent a few days without internet. You provided me with two new segments for my return. They are stunning.
Spy Task Force Completed
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago Chapeau @wolfman ! The duel between Timor and Sasha was a battle worthy of a poet like Homer. And how ironic that Timor pushes the trigger to his own doom: when he threatens Sasha - the way you described how Sashs reacts to this threat to all she holds dear is extremely well done.
Thank you for your kind words. Timor was fun, but he was alas doomed from thr start. Sasha and her siblings always getvunderestimated to thr detriment of their foes. Timor was just the latest victim
GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago Epic, [mention]wolfman[/mention]. I have spent a few days without internet. You provided me with two new segments for my return. They are stunning.
I am glad to have provided something worthy of celebrating your return to the interner. I am so pleased you enjoyed it

Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

Well what an epic set of updates since last I looked. Proving yet again what I’ve said many times before [mention]wolfman[/mention]. This is like a great book. Hard to put down. But always seeming to be missing the next chapter that reveals all. Like others I wait yet mire of your inventiveness
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Bandit666 wrote: 1 year ago Well what an epic set of updates since last I looked. Proving yet again what I’ve said many times before @wolfman. This is like a great book. Hard to put down. But always seeming to be missing the next chapter that reveals all. Like others I wait yet mire of your inventiveness
I am so pleased you enjoyed the most recent updates, bandit. I have alwaya tried to write the type of story i would like to read and it means a lot that others also enjoy it.

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

The moon hangs high in the sky amid a carpet of stars, cloaking the island in an eerie light.

“We should probably get out of here.” Sasha says, softly breaking the silence. “With Bernhard losing his power, I am guessing that this island is visible again. The place will be crawling with soldiers before we know it.”

“Shouldn’t we stay and make sure the islanders are alright.” Dani says, chewing her lip.

“I still have flies on the wall and a couple of gulls circling. All is quiet. The townsfolk are scared but alright.” Nikita chips in.

“What if they tell the authorities about us?” Sasha asks, deep in thought.

Dani climbs to her feet and dusts herself off, “I will take care of that. Niki pull yourself together.”

“Hey. What do you mean?” Nikita asks hurt.

Dani smiles and winks, “Pull back the gulls and flies, so we can get out of here.”

“Cheeky sod.” Nikita says, chuckling, as Dani vanishes.

Vito stands before the islanders and raises his hands for calm, “We are not sending out an exploratory party. Just because we cannot hear sounds of combat, it does not mean it is safe.”

“Who put you in charge?” One of the dissenters calls out.

“My officers and I swore an oath to protect the citizens of this town and this island. We will not fail in our duty.”

“What about the warrior woman and the dark haired witch?“ Another voice from the crowd calls out.

Vito opens his mouth to speak but a soft glow above the crowd, draws his and everyone’s gaze.

Before them is a tall, beautiful angel, with pure white wings and flowing robes, hovers in silence. The angel floats over crowd and lands next to Vito.

Dani smiles gently at the frightened people before her, “The danger is passed for now. Soon people from the mainland will come and there will be many questions. The witch and the warrior woman were on holy orders and must remain secret.”

“How do we know you’re an angel?” the first dissenter shouts.

“Are the wings not enough of a give away?” Dani thinks, before answering, “Faith. If you are pure of spirit and open your heart, you will see the truth.” Her voice is gentle and warm, like the first kiss of the summer sun.

One by one the crowd drops to their knees. Vito turns to her and mouths, “I know you are not what you appear, but I trust you are on our side. We will keep your secrets.”

Dani smiles at him and mouths a thank you before addressing the crowd. “Good people of Snositi, your time to return to the world is at hand. God be with you.” She says before fading gently away.

Vito shakes his head, “What the hell was that all about?” he thinks, before turning to the crowd, “This has been a day of tribulation that we have faced together. Tomorrow will be a new day. A day that we must face together. We have all left families behind and soon we will be with them again.”

With her arm around her, Sasha stares concerned at Nikita seeing something she cannot put her finger on, “Niki? Are you alright?”

Nikita nods to herself, lost in her thoughts, but offers no answer.

Sasha squeezes Nikita’s shoulder and whispers softly, “What’s wrong?”

“It’s still never enough.” Nikita says, in a flat tone.

“What do you mean?” Sasha asks, worried.

“I fought tooth and nail with the Undead for hours and barely held them back. Dani shows up and straight up wipes them out. Now she is sorting out the villagers. I can’t keep up with her.” Nikita explains, taking a breath to centre herself, “Then you battle a centuries old necromancer and vanquish an ancient evil. Even with all I can do, I am still in yours and Dani’s shadows.”

“You are in no one’s shadow, babe. If you had been fighting Timor, instead of me, he would have been dead in the first minute. You are a powerhouse and you know it.” Sasha with a grin and a wink, “I won’t lie, he was the toughest foe I have ever faced and he was close to winning.”

“I could see your life pulses during the fight. You were holding your own and the fight was even and then it just ended. What changed?” Nikita asks, still feeling hollow.

“I focused on fighting him, then he crossed a line and I decided to tear him apart.” Sasha says, chewing her lip.

“That is pretty awesome.” Nikita says, with a hint of admiration.

“No. It is horrifying. What if I one day think about killing someone I love and have killed them before I can question it?” Sasha asks, scared of the answer.

“You do what you do out of love. It is the force that drives you. Your heart will be the shield of those you love protecting them from your power.” Nikita says hugging her sister, “That and I will give you a whooping.”

“I will accept the first part.” Sasha says, then smiles cheekily.

“Who do you think would win?” Nikita asks, fearing that she has another sister that she would not be able to live up to.

“Well from what I have seen, it would be a tough fight and I wouldn’t like to call it.” Sasha says, with a shrug.

“If you got the drop on me, I think you could take me.” Nikita confesses.

“Well first off you can sense my life pulse, so I wouldn’t be able to get the drop on you. In a stand up fight, I would struggle.” Sasha confesses.

“Don’t be so sure, I fight for me, but you fight for your kids. That is hard to beat.” Nikita says with a smile.

Sasha smiles gently, “They are firmly held in my heart and the only reason I had the strength to do this.” She wipes her eye with the back of her hand, “What am I going to do without him?”

Nikita hugs her, “Be there for your kids, give them all of your love and show them all of Kurt’s. Get clear of this life. Be happy.”

Sasha dries her eyes and look Nikita in the eyes, “I could say the same to you.”

Nikita nods subtly, “What do you mean?”

“You are not happy and you haven’t been for a long time.” Sasha begins, wary of upsetting her sister, “You are there for us every day when you are not on operation. You look out for us and heal us. When you are not doing that you are helping random people in hospital. Your life revolves around being there for others to such an extent that you are not there for yourself.”

Nikita let’s go of her sister and turns away from her, “If you and Dani hadn’t freed me from Medteqniq, there is a chance I would still be in a lab somewhere. I owe you my life.” She closes her eyes for a moment.

“You have repaid us so many times. I am in your debt.” Sasha says , trying to turn Nikita back to her, “Dani is tough and scary, Jim is loved up, Fey has disappeared and Carl is busy unlocking the secrets of the universe. You are the one I rely on and you are the one I worry about.”

“Don’t worry about me. I am alright.” Nikita says, sadly.

“You are an amazing woman, but you are a terrible liar. A blind man can see that you are not happy. If you really think you are in the shadows of others, then step into your own life.” Sasha beseeches her sister. “I see how amazing you are. But I can’t show you. You need to find out for yourself.”

“Thanks babe, maybe I just might do that, once we are clear of this.” Nikita sighs, with a yawn.

“If you don’t do it now, you never will. There will always be a reason for you to put others first.” Sasha thinks, sadly.

Dani steps out of the Dead World and flops to the ground, sitting with her back to a rock, “Townsfolk are on board. If you are good with us getting out of here. Now is the time.”

“No argument from me.” Sasha says, exhausted.

“Do either of you know any place we can lay low for a couple of days, with no questions asked?” Nikita asks, trying to stretch.

“I need to get back to my kids.” Sasha says wearily.

“I think we need to regroup. We are all running on empty. I know you want to see your kids but there is no way we can get back discretely.” Dani asks gently. “There are a lot of press surrounding home trying to catch a glimpse of the Saviours of Santander. If we turn up battered to hell someone might link us back to the island.”

“I have barely enough reserves to keep myself on my feet, let alone heal you of your injuries.” Nikita says, sheepishly. “If I am being honest, I have never been this exhausted. I don’t know how long it will take to get back on my feet.”

“Really?” Sasha asks, sceptically.

“Maintaining a flock of gulls. Six hours solid combat, split four ways. I have never done anything like that. I am knackered. If I hadn’t eaten when I did, I would be consuming my muscles to heal.” Nikita confesses.

Dani looks at her youngest sister with a hint of shame, “ I’m sorry I wasn’t there sooner. I had no idea what it would do to you.”

“The main thing is you came.” Nikita says, smiling up at Dani.

“What kept you?” Sasha asks curiously.

“I fought Tamara and broke her back, I couldn’t bring myself to let her die alone.” Dani says, feeling ashamed putting a strangers fear, over her sisters well being. “I didn’t realise what she had done until after she was dead.”

Nikita sees the hurt on her sisters face and shrugs, “No harm done.” She says, with a gentle smile, “In the heat of the moment, you always do the right thing. That is a strength of yours.”

“We are stronger together. On our own, we are powerful in our own right, but together, we are a force of nature.” Sasha asks, as the sky to the east, begins to lighten.

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

To read this and enjoy it properly, one should listen to powerful music while reading. Something like The Ride of the Valkyries. Fantastic writing, [mention]wolfman[/mention].
Spy Task Force Completed
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

The calm after the Storm could be a Title for this chapter. Most sensibly written was the Conversation beween Sasha and Nikita, and Sasha encouraging her sister to take good care of herself. There is really a powerful bond between the three sisters. Equally powerful? The Conversation at the end, as Dani explains why she had been late. Well done [mention]wolfman[/mention]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic