Revelation (M/F) (F/M) - A sequel to Devastation

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Dani floats in the dead world, watching the wave-runner approach the dock. “Welcome to Grand Cayman, Mr Rann. I am sure you will have an unforgettable day.” She says, with a wicked smile.

A man in a white uniform steps off of the boat onto the dock, tying the lines off and setting a small ramp from the boat to the dock. He waits as the gaudily dressed man with olive skin and black hair on deck, unsteadily disembarks. “Welcome to George Town docks, Mr Rann. Would you like some help with your luggage?”

“Damn right. The money I am paying you, your damn right you can help with my luggage.” Rann snarls angrily.

The steward’s eye twitches slightly, with his response “Of course, sir.”

“Don’t be all day about it.” Rann snaps.

Dani assesses him from her side of the barrier between life and death, “A hair over five feet tall, receding hair line, bad skin and a gut earned from a life time of snacks at a desk.” Dani thinks, then catches herself, “Don’t dismiss this man, he destroyed a building full of people and a passenger liner.”

She glides after him, as the steward loads the man’s bag into the truck of a taxi, while Rann settles on the back seat.

Once the bags are loaded, he taps the driver on the shoulder, “Bank of Princely Virtue.”

The old Jamaican driver raises his eyebrows and asks “Are you sure?”

Rann chokes back his frustration and simply says “Yes, I am thank you. You can drop me there and deliver my luggage to Hotel Phoenicia.”

The colour drains from Rann’s face when the taxi pulls up alongside the emergency services cordon. He leaps from the car trying to push through, “Let me through.” He demands of the police officer blocking his path.

“Sorry sir.” The officer says, “This area is off limits until the fire is under control.”

He watches a classically styled, white building burn. “What happened?” he demands.

“Baron Samedi burned it down.” A bystander yells out.

The officer shakes his head at hearing this for the hundredth time today, “An investigation is yet to be completed. We are keeping everyone back for their own safety.”

“But I need to get to the Bank of Princely Virtue.” Rann pleads.

“I’m sorry sir, but that is the Bank of Princely Virtue.” The officer, confirms, pointing to the burning building.

“No, that is not possible.” Rann says, weakly.

He walks away in a daze, pushing through the crowd and slumping against a wall. Then in a moment of inspiration, he pulls out his phone.

“Bank of Princely Virtue.” The voice on the line says.

“I am at the bank and see you are having some problems here.” Rann says, trying to stay calm, “Do you have a back-up site on the island?”

“Yes sir. At Rum Point on Sand Point Road.” The call handler confirms.

“Thank you very much. Could you send the address to my phone?” Rann asks, feeling a wave of relief.

“Of course, sir. You will receive it in the next few moments.” The operator, confirms warmly.

He hangs up and waits for a moment, listening to the hushed murmurs of the crowd. “Stupid superstitious fools. Baron Samedi indeed.” He scoffs, waiting for his phone to beep.

He arrives at the secondary bank location, having regained most of his composure. He steps out of the air conditioned taxi into the afternoon sunshine and approaches the bank with a growing sense of excitement.

After being searched and scanned with a wand, he is waved through to a small side office.  Simone smiles up at him and indicates a seat for the man, “Good afternoon sir. How may help you today?”

Seeing the beautiful girl, dressed in a revealing outfit, smiling up at him, his mind races with things she could help him with. None of which involve banking. He takes a seat and licks his lips, “I am here for my money.” He says, staring at her chest.

“Do you have your account key?” She asks warmly.

He passes her his phone and sits back thinking about paying her for a night’s company. Whilst her smile remains, her eyes show surprise, “This account has already been cleared, sir.”

Rann sits forward, with a look of concern, “What do you mean?”

Feeling concerned for her safety, she subtly reaches under the desk, resting her hand on the alarm button, while she speaks, “Your wife cleaned out the account, this morning, sir.”

“What?” He bellows.

“Your wife cleaned out your account, this morning. Something about getting the money before you run off with another woman.” She says, considering pressing the button.

“I am not married. What kind of nonsense is this? Get your manager in here, right now.” He demands, angrily slapping her.

Simone presses the button and less than ten seconds later, Mr King walks in to the office. “Simone, is everything alright?”

“This man’s wife emptied his account this morning. The American lady.” She explains, trying to stay calm, dabbing blood from her lip.

“Where is my money?” Rann demands, jumping to his feet.

“Your wife presented your account key and transferred the money to a number of accounts. This morning.” King says, towering over the shorter man.

“I am not married. You idiots lost my money. I want it back.” Rann says in a low threatening voice.

“Access is granted on the sole measure of having the key to access the account. She presented your key.” King explains.

“How did she get my key?” Rann asks, angrily.

“No idea.” King says, with a dismissive wave of his hand.

“You allowed this to happen. I demand my money back.” Rann shouts, jabbing his finger in King’s chest.

Mr King grabs Rann’s finger and twists the man’s arm up behind his back. “You need to calm yourself, sir.”

Rann briefly struggles, but soon relents when he realises he will not get free without his finger being torn off. “Fine.” Rann says, frustrated.

King releases his finger and shoves the man back down into the chair. "How have you let this happen?" Rann snarls.

"We gave you a key to the account. The only key issued. Your poor security measures appear to have allowed this key to be copied." King says, straightening his tie, "This is your failing, not ours."

"This is an outrage. I will sue you all for this. I will destroy this bank." Rann barks.

“Now, sir. As your account is empty, unless you plan to put money into it, I will have to ask you to leave.” King says, coldly.

“Not without my money.” Rann says, massaging his finger.

“Your money is gone sir. You need to speak to your wife.” King says, firmly and folding his arms.

"Are you stupid? I am not married." Rann stands up in a daze, “You will be hearing from my lawyers.”

“Somehow, you allowed your key to be copied in contravention of our terms and conditions. I am feeling benevolent today and as a result, we will not be levying a fee for your breach.”

Rann shakes his head and give an exhausted sounding “Gee thanks.”

“You are most welcome.” King says, “However, if you do not pay fifty thousand dollars compensation, we will call the police and have you charged with this young ladies assault.”

“You have got to be joking.” Rann says incredulously.

King clicks his fingers and two security guards appear at the door, “How will you be paying?”

Rann wakes up sharply and sits up, leaning again a sand dune. He spits a large gout of blood and gingerly raises his hand to his bleeding and bruised face. Taking his time he manages to get to his feet, despite the pain from his ribs.

He clears the blood from his broken nose and pulls out his phone. Dialling a number he decides to give in to his wounds and slumps back down against the dune.

“Good evening, Edward Arno’s office. How may I help you?” A South African woman asks.

“This is Atul Rann, I need to speak to him.” Rann says, exhausted.

“I am sorry sir, he has retired for the night.” She says, firmly.

“Save it toots. Get him on the line.” He barks, angrily.

“What do you want?” A moment later, a man’s voice speaks harshly, “Do you know what time it is?”

“My account has been robbed and the Bank’s security staff have given me a beating.” Rann says, spitting a gout of blood.

“Are you alright?” The man says, softening his voice.

“No. I want my money.” Rann says, coldly.

“Not my problem.” Arno says, dismissively.

“I still have a copy of the coding. Arrange payment, or I crash the network and leave you with nothing.” Rann demands.

"I don't appreciate being blackmailed Mr Rann." Arno says, quietly.

"And I don't appreciate being left with nothing." Rann says, coldly.

Arno pauses, considering his options before speaking, “Go to your hotel. I will make arrangements for your payment to be delivered.”

“When?” Rann snarls.

“By midnight tonight.” Arno confirms. “Enjoy the facilities of the hotel, charge everything to the room.”

“Don’t worry Arno, I will.” Rann says, cutting off the call.

Dani smiles to herself having listened to the call “Edward Arno? That is a name that needs following up.”

She floats behind Rann, keeping pace with him, "I think I need to get Mr Rann on his own and ask him a few questions about Edward Arno and the Bland Group."
View my latest story, Revelation, here;

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8719

To view it's prequel Devastation, please click below;
https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7458
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Dani is the perfect secret agent. You have her working through the layers or the organization like peeling an onion. Good work, [mention]wolfman[/mention].
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago Dani is the perfect secret agent. You have her working through the layers or the organization like peeling an onion. Good work, @wolfman.
She has amazing skills and abilities that a secret agent would kill for. But how long can her luck last?

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

At the stroke of five PM, Atul strides up to the concierge, in the lobby of the Phoenicia. "Atul Rann, you have a room for me."

The tuxedo wearing concierge looks up from his desk, startled by the man's brusque demeanor. "Yes sir, your bags have already been delivered." The man says, in a soft french accent, while fumbling for the key to the room.

Rann snatches the key, "Thanks. Any messages?" 

"No, sir." The concierge confirms.

"How do you know? You didn't even check." Rann snarls.

"We have two hundred guests, I know them all by name and physical appearance. We are holding messages for three people. You are not one of them."' The concierge, says calmly, having regained his composure.

Rann nods appreciatively, "That is impressive."

The concierge puffs out his chest, "Thank you sir."

Rann clutches the key in his hand thoughtfully then looks up at the concierge, "'Can you send up a girl? Filthier the better."

"I'm sorry sir, we don't offer that service." The concierge says, a hint of offense in his voice.

"Ah of course."' Rann says with a wink, "I understand, you can't say it out loud."

"No sir, we really don't offer that service." The concierge says, holding up his hands.

"Say no more. I understand. You don't offer the provision of filthy bitches who will do anything to please." Rann says, with a wave as he heads to his room.

Dani stares hatefully at his back and then smiles, "You will get a bitch, alright. Just not the bitch you are expecting."

After following Rann to his room, Dani floats through the corridors, noting the position and orientation of all the cameras. Having planned three escape routes out of the building in case she cannot become incorporeal, she returns to Rann's room.

She passes through the wall and drifts around the room, noting the four poster bed, sash blinds and large windows, thick rugs and dressing robes. She also notes the moderately sized chest at the foot of the bed and casts her eye through the man's suitcase, noting it's contents. 

Like a silent predator she glides through the other rooms on the floor, looking for a suitable unoccupied room. With steely determination, she draws nectoric matter around her to craft the perfect outfit for her plan. 

Dani looks at herself in the room's full length mirror and thinks to herself, "Can I really do this?"

She notes a box at the foot of the bed similar to the one in Rann's room. Her curiousity piqued, she opens it and smiles darkly at the contents of the complementary bedroom toybox. She emerges from the room dressed in a bathrobe with a towel wrapped around her head. She picks her way through the corridors, evading all of the security cameras on the floor, before knocking on Rann's door.

Atul peers through the peephole in the door and sees the back of a woman who appears to have just gotten out of the shower, given her robe and towel. He opens the door snarling "What do you want?"

Dani turns swiftly and shoves him back with a hand in the centre of his chest. Unable to resist, he stumbles back tripping over his own feet and landing on his backside. "Now look he...." He stops seeing the woman who has entered the room and closed the door behind her.

Her tight, thigh-high boots with three inch heels, make the woman he beholds, almost six feet tall, towering over his five feet frame. Her polished leather catsuit, hugs her like a second skin, clinging lovingly to her every curve. His eyes dart up to her face, sheathed in leather with her bright green eyes and mouth uncovered and her flame red ponytail like a royal plume, emerging from the leather hood. But his gaze is drawn down to the tight corset, cinching her waist and forcing her breasts to swell inside their leather cocoon. So entranced by her breasts and leather clad curves, that he overlooks the odd looking belt around her waist.

With a dry mouth and wide eyes, he asks, "Who are you?"

Dani raises an eyebrow and stares disdainfully down at him, "You requested a filthy bitch." She says in a thick Russian accent, before holds her hands out from her sides and silently twirls for him, each move accentuating every curve. "And here I am."

Rann awkwardly gets to his feet, with a look of lust in his eyes. He reaches hungrily for her breasts, but she effortlessly bats away his hands and pushes him back, "How dare you, worm? You want some of this, you have to earn it."

He takes a step towards her and opens his mouth to speak. With a combination of technique and will, the leather whip lashes out cracking less than an inch from his face, before wraping around her waist once more. The whip doesn't connect, but the message is clear and Rann licks his lips in understanding, "Yes mistress. How may I earn your favour?"

"Strip." She says, firmly, whilst thinking, "For all those who have died, you will suffer and I will find out who you work for."

With feverish fingers he peels off his clothes and discards them in a pile on the floor. He stands, nervously, cupping his manhood in his hands, with his back to the wall. 

"Put your hands up worm. Let me look at you." Dani says, letting a hint of anger enter her tone.

Tentatively, he raises his hands revealing himself to her. She clucks her tongue and shakes her head, "I was hoping for more, but you may do."

Anger flashes in his eyes, "Fuck you. I have had enough of your act, bitch." He barks.

Dani lashes out with her foot. Planting her boot heel perfectly between his balls, pinning him to the wall by his scrotum. Calmly she begins, "You will speak to me with the proper respect. You will comply with my instructions without question or your suffering will redefine the meaning of the word, pain. Do you understand?"

He gulps, "Y-yes mistress." His face is pale and soaked in a cold sweat, unable to comprehend the speed and precision with which she moved.

Without breaking eye contact, she pulls the whip and flicks it towards the clothing, snagging his underwear and flicking the soiled garment into her left hand. "By the smell of these, he has been wearing them since Guam." She thinks, disgusted.

He nervously accepts them, from her grasp and looks up to her, awaiting instruction. "You need to earn the right to speak again in my presence. Put your underwear in your mouth and keep them there until I give you permission to remove them."

For a moment, Rann considers his options, before screwing up his nose and poking the offensive garment into his mouth. With a muffled "Bitch." he takes his time stuffing them into his mouth. Dani leans in slightly, digging her heel in, drawing a squeek of pain from the man. "Sorry worm, did you say something?"

With renewed motivation, he stuffs the garment into his mouth, trying not to think of the taste. Satisfied that his mouth is full, Dani removes her heel from his scrotum and commands him, "Bite down on them and put your hands at your sides."

She slowly and gracefully walks to the box at the foot of the bed opening it and smiling to herself, "Come here." She commands.

Rann nervously gets to his feet and slinks over to her side. She turns to face him and places her hands on his shoulders, pushing him back against one of the bed posts. Reaching back she pulls a leather strap from the box. She moves close, her chest pressed again his. He does not resist, as she wraps her arms around him and straps his wrists tightly together behind the pole. 

More straps are applied, securing his forearms and upper arms behind the pole, with more pinning his legs together and to the pole. Taking a final strap, she snugly secures it around his neck, pinning his head to the pole.

Dani steps back admiring her handy work, while Rann tests his bonds. "Now for the hard part." Dani thinks, before pulling her whip. "Now, you get to earn my favour." She says, stepping back from him.

"You will keep your underwear in your mouth. If you spit them out, I will ask you a question and if you answer falsely, or hold back, I will punish you." Dani says, with conviction. "Do you understand?"

Rann's face displays a myriad of emotions, as the severity of his situation begins to dawn on him. He begins to squirm, trying in vain to loosen his bonds or escape them.

Dani darts forward and grabs a handful of his hair with a gloved hand and hisses in his ear, "Do you understand?"

The shock of he swift advance, makes his heart race and he nods thinking, "Shit, I am at the mercy of a mad woman." He nods, frantically.

Dani steps back again and casually flicks her wrist. The whip strikes just below his navel, not connecting with the tip of the whip, but a few inches below the point. He gasps in surprise at the sting and the underwear falls from his mouth.

She sighs and shakes her head, "That was not even full force. Pathetic." She makes a show of composing herself before asking, "First question. Why are you on Grand Cayman?"

With trembling lips, he mumbles, "To collect payment for a job I did."

She nods, satisfied and then picks up the underwear and stuffs them back in his mouth, she steps back and flicks the whip with a couple of test snaps, before striking his left nipple. He bites down, keeping the cloth in his mouth, but when the whip strikes his right nipple a second later. She alternates between his nipples, holding back much of the force of their strikes. Even with lighter blows the pain lances through his body with each strike before he drops the underwear from his mouth again.

"What was the job?" She asks, almost conversationally. She casually, waits for his reply, thinking, "He talks a good games and is full of bluster, but he is a physical coward."

"I stole something." He gasps.

She slowly waggles a finger, "No holding back." Dani says coldly, striking him squarely on the left kneecap. "Details."

"I stole computer software from a company I worked for. It is for a weapon." He says with rising panic in his voice.

"That wasn't so hard was it." She says allowing a trace of warmth into her tone, before warning, "Next time will be harder."

She stuff the sodden garment back into her prisoners mouth and steps back again. He flinches as she tests the whip and jumps when a full power blow, splits the skin of his stomach. "Oh God. I can't do this." He thinks, feeling his senses flooded with pain.

He suffers two more strikes, before spits out the cloth and begs, "Please. I can't take any more."

Her eyes flash with indignation and she grabs him by the throat, "After all the lives you took, when you attacked Copraktik and shot down LAXMON12, how dare you ask for mercy?"

Rann's eye bulge and the force of her grip prevents him from closing his mouth. A ragged rasp is the closest to words he can manage, under the assault.

"Is that all you have to say for yourself? You pathetic insect." Dani says coldly, as she realeases his throat. He coughs and splutters gasping for air.  Tears stream from his bloodshot eyes and he begs, "Please don't do this."

"Save your pleas. You strut through the world, belittling and deriding others. As if you are better than them." She releases his throat and slaps him hard, holding nothing back, "The truth is, any one of those whom you have killed is better than you and yet you still stain the world with your passing."

"Please I'm begging you." He begs, losing control of his bladder.

"You have one chance." Dani says, taking a deep breath and thinking, "Here we go, moment of truth." She lets the silence hang in the air as he silently pleads with her, until she asks, "Who are the Bland Group and who is Edward Arno?"

"They will kill me." Rann pleads.

"What do you think I will do?" Dani says coldly, "If you hold back from me, then what I have wrought upon you is nothing compared to what I will do before you die."

Atul stares at the wall, defeated and closes his eyes, "Edward Arno is the head of the Bland Group. They are a billionaire's club. Between them they are richer than any number of countries."

"Why the weapon?" Dani asks casually flicking the whip.

"They have wealth and political connections, but wanted a tactical option, so that they can cement their place for themselves in the world. The platforms give them this option."

"Tell me about the platforms." Dani asks, with a sense of trepidation thinking, "I had no idea, that there were more than one."

"They went operational in the eighties, as part of America's Strategic Defense Initiative. They are carry rail guns and are capable of engaging airbourne targets by design. I reworked the targetting software to allow for ground and sea targets to be engaged. Then I locked the Americans out of the system, giving us sole control." He explains. 

Dani struggles to process, everything, but manages to ask, "What is stopping the Americans from shooting them down?"

"They all have defensive countermeasures and will destroy any shuttle or missile that approaches them." Rann confirms, with an air of defeat.

Suspecting the answer, she asks one more question, "What is their plan?"

"I don't know, I swear. They told me to secure control of the weapons, but didn't tell me how they were to be used." He speaks frantically, praying his tormentor believes him.

She cups his cheek gently and looks into his eyes, "Well done. You can relax a little now." She assures him, with a soft kiss to the cheek, before whispering, "All you have to do is tell me where to find the Bland Group and it's members." 

Spent, he breaks down and tells her everything he knows.

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Well done, once again, [mention]wolfman[/mention]. But I must question, is Dani just having good luck? Isn't this her superior super powers at work?
Spy Task Force Completed
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago Well done, once again, @wolfman. But I must question, is Dani just having good luck? Isn't this her superior super powers at work?
Thank you for your continued support [mention]GreyLord[/mention].

In answer to your question she has superior skil and powers, which have allowed her to be successful in the course of action she has chosen to follow. Thus far she has made good judgment calls, but what if she ends up missing something?

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

[mention]wolfman[/mention] said,
In answer to your question she has superior skil and powers, which have allowed her to be successful in the course of action she has chosen to follow. Thus far she has made good judgment calls, but what if she ends up missing something?
No one is so superior that they never miss anything. So, yes, Dani could miss something with possibly devastating consequences.
Spy Task Force Completed
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Dani plays that role so well - the Scoundrel demanded a Bad Ass Bitch - and he got one :) And he got what he deserved :) Excellent Stuff!
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago @wolfman said,
No one is so superior that they never miss anything. So, yes, Dani could miss something with possibly devastating consequences.
The higher the highs, the deeper the lows.
Caesar73 wrote: 2 years ago Dani plays that role so well - the Scoundrel demanded a Bad Ass Bitch - and he got one :) And he got what he deserved :) Excellent Stuff!

I am glad you enjoyed this [mention]Caesar73[/mention], part of her strength is her ability to adapt and think on her feet. Who knows what other roles she will take.

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Dani casts her eyes over the man still helplessly bound to his bedpost. She almost feels sorry for him watching him struggle feebly. She takes a moment to take a large black ball gag and strap it into his pleading mouth, ignoring his mewling whimpers. He flinches, trying to pull his head away, as the heavy leather blindfold is secured over his eyes.

He squirms and tries to twist his arms free and moans in frustration. He screams and begs, but the rubber ball in his mouth, renders his cries unintelligible. She snatches up his underwear, then pulls the ball out of his mouth. Before he can scream, she stuffs the sodden cloth back into his mouth and uses the ball gag to keep it in place.

"That should keep him quiet enough." Dani thinks, shaking her head. "I need to get moving."

She pauses before walking away, asking herself, "How far would you have gone to get the information from him?"

In her heart she knows, she would have gone as far as she'd had to. This knowledge makes her feel sick to her stomach, "What kind of person am I, to be able to do that and be ok with it?"

She catches sight of herself in the mirror and regards herself with sadness, "You are the kind of person, who would steal a murderer's money, torture him and use him as bait, to lure out his bosses." Her reflection seems to say to her, "Thirty people dead at Copraktik, over two hundred on the plane. This is not a man worthy of pity and his suffering now, could save countless lives."

With a cool, gloved hand she reaches between his legs. He grunts as she gently but firmly takes him in hand and teases him with her fingers until he is hard in her hand. With a firm but gentle grip she strokes him, slowly at first. Within a minute she is pumping him hard and fast and he is gasping for air. His body begins to tense, then without warning, she spins away from him and lashes out with the whip.

He screams as loudly as he can, from the pain of the strike connecting with the underside of his erect penis, but the sound of his pain, barely leaves his mouth. Wracked with agony he weeps. Dani leans in an savagely hisses in his ear, "Did you really think you were going to get some release, you worm?."

"Focus Dani. You still have a job to do. You have some intel, but his paymasters will be paying him off at midnight. Send the names in to Maerig and get ready for tonight." She thinks, taking a slow deep breath, before striding out of the room. She returns the towel and robe to the room she found it avaoiding all of the hotels cameras. 

She sees her reflection in the mirror once again and feels revulsion at what she has done. Seeking to escape the image she crosses the barrier to the dead world, where there are no mirrors.

Dani floats in the night sky of the dead world and gazes into the night of the living. She looks down at herself in the moonlight and cannot help but smile, "I have to admit this is a good look, but not practical." With a thought, she changes into shorts and a tank top. She holds out her hand and creates a dozen marbles from necrotic matter, thinking, "I want to test a theory."

She floats down to the rooftop of her hotel and steps into the real world. She takes a deep breath of the cool evening air, relishing the cool breeze on her skin. For a few moments she just stands, arms out from her sides, as if embracing the breeze. Sadly she thinks to herself, "No matter how hard the wind blows, it will not cleanse my soul." She sighs, "No point feeling sorry for yourself girl. You need to prepare."

Taking a seat against an air conditioning vent, she pulls a marble from her pocket and drops it. It vanishes before it hits the ground.

Dani takes out the next and just tosses onto the floor, with the same result. He eyes narrow as she concentrates, "They were basically discarded and vanished. What if I try to use them for something?" She asks herself.

After searching the rooftop for a few moments, she finds a drinks tin can and sets it up. She flicks a marble towards it sending the can flying. The marble however vanishes, before it bounces to the ground.

"Interesting, but makes sense." Dani thinks, working out what is going on, "If I discard items made from necrotic matter they vanish, but if I use it with purpose it lasts until the purpose is fulfilled."

Dani thinks about her use of the whip with a combination of technique and will and pulls another from her pocket.  With her mind wrapped around it, the marble flies off, cleanly punching through the can and returning to orbit around her. She pulls the other marbles out of her pocket and lets them fly orbitting around her like a deadly cloud. She walks forward and picks up the can then tosses it into the air to be shredded by the marbles. 

She stares open mouthed as the can falls the the floor. "Damn. Well that seems to work."

Calling them back to herself, she holds them in her hand, while she crosses over.

In the dead world she creates a pair of faded jeans, black sneakers, heavy metal band t-shirt and dark blue hooded top. She crafts a handful of drawstring bags and handful of balisongs and slips them into various pockets before stepping into the living world in her room.

Dani takes a seat in the chair next to her bed and lights a cigarette, before pulling a burner phone from her bag. "No sense hanging abouts." She thinks, typing the names and details Rann spilled into the phone and sending them to Maerig, through an encrypted messaging service.

She sets the phone down and takes a long slow draw on her cigarette. She cracks her neck and stares out of the window, watching the waves crash in the moonlight.

The phone buzzes once on the table and she snatches it up, reading the response, "Tread carefully Angel. There are some very powerful people on that list. Secure the control software and neutralise the threat."

Dani stares at the message for a moment before replying, "These weapons are too powerful for anyone to possess. If I get the chance, I will destroy them." 

She waits nervously, for a response, half expecting to have to deal with Maerig's objections. Stunned, she reads his response, "Agreed. No one should have this weapon. Do everything in your power, to eliminate the use of this weapon."

Dani takes a moment to consider her response before sending, "Affirmative, will eliminate the players and the asset. Arno is sending payment for Rann tonight at midnight, will ambush courier and get more information. Going dark for now. Will be in touch."'

"Be careful Angel. There is no telling what these people are capable of. Check in when you find out more." The message reads, Dani thinks to herself, "Keep going, but keep him informed."

A few moments later, the phone is in pieces, each piece in a separate bag. With her will she shoots each bag in a different direction, some towards the sea, others toward the jungle. In her mind the trajectory is secondary to the fact that the remnants of the phone are spread out.

Dani circles the Phoenicia Hotel, twice before heading inside, "No suspicious vehicles. So far so good."

She glides through the wall of Rann's third floor room and watches him weakly struggling and weeping. She glances at the clock on the wall, but cannot read the numbers through the barrier between life and death, "Must be getting close." She thinks, calmly. "Without a body, there is no adrenaline to make my pulse race, but I can still feel nervous."

"Something feels off." She realises, shaking her head, "I can't put my finger on it, but this feels wrong."

The feeling of disquiet, refuses to leave her, while she glides around the floor, doing a quick curcuit through the other rooms on the floor, passing silently over the heads of the sleeping inhabitants of the rooms.

The young lovers, spent from a night of passion slumber in each others arms. Their faces a vision of peace and love.

The old married couple, sat hand in hand in comfortable silence. Their hearts still feeling the same love they felt on their wedding day.

The daughter, snuggled up to her mother, as they read a story together. The mother fights not to cry as she reads the story to her daughter, that her daugther read to her.

The group of friends asleeep in a tangle of arms and legs, spent after a nights partying. Friends since high school, this is their first holiday together.

A business traveller, in his room alone watching porn, while his business partner waits in the adjacent room, praying for a knock at the door.

The concierge and the head receptionist, working out their differences between the sheets. Both knowing that they should not be using a guest room but neither caring.

On a whim, she disguises herself as a giant teddy bear and crosses the barrier to tuck a child aged around six back into bed after he wakes with night terrors.

Dani sees them all and dozens of others, seeking a sign of the courier bringing the money to Rann, but none seem to fit the bill. After she is finished checking the rooms, she roams the empty halls.

The clock in the town square, strikes midnight, in the moment she crosses back into the dead world version of Rann's room, "Arno said payment would be delivered at midnight." She thinks, before her eyes and mouth widen in horror, "Oh no."

Several miles above the earth, silent gears turn and a pair of massive tubes turn. Vectored thrust jets fire, ceasing the spin of the platform. The top of the platform, glitters in the sun as it kisses the metal of the satellite.

Slowly the strusture moves into position. The solar panels catch the sun, glinting with dark purpose. It hangs in space, without a single sign of life. No lights, no sounds within it's airless shell, the only scent one could detect if present, would be the faint smell of oil. 

There is no ceremony when it fires, no explosion of propellant or roar of engine, just a tiny flash with each round fired.

Six glistening darts, streak towards the earth, separated by a second between one and the next. Traveling at twenty times the speed of sound. The steel coating vapourises, as soon as the projectiles penetrate the atmosphere, allowing the depleted uranuim cores to lances downwards, their speed increased by gravity.

Effortlessly the first punches through the stone structure of the hotel, slamming into the bedrock beneath the hotel. The kinetic energy transfer of the projectile reflects back upwards from the bedrock, tearing through the lower floors of the hotel.

The walls of the first two floors disintegrate and the upper floors collapse with nothing to support them. Less than a second after the first projectile strikes the building, the hotel lurches dangerously. Over the next five seconds, the hotel slowly collapses with more of it pulverised, with subsequent strikes.

As the last projectile strikes. Every window on the island of Grand Cayman shatters from the massive rolling wave of sonic booms. The night is transfromed from a perpetual carnival, to a horror show in an instant.

Dani screams, as every soul that was freed from the mortal coil in that instant, blasts through her dead world form, using it as a conduit to the place beyond.

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

[mention]wolfman[/mention], with you I am always expecting the unexpected. But you always come from an unexpected direction. Fantastic chapter, wonderful work.
Spy Task Force Completed
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago @wolfman, with you I am always expecting the unexpected. But you always come from an unexpected direction. Fantastic chapter, wonderful work.
Thank you [mention]GreyLord[/mention] I try to keep things fresh, where possible. I think of the books I read and try to come up with stories and plots I would like to see. I am glad you liked it.

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Dani screams in the centre of the maelstrom of souls. One by one they tear through her using her as a conduit speeding their passing to what lays beyond. Dani weeps as she experiences the lives of the victims of the blast, flooded with the highs, lows and feelings of a thousand souls.

She floats in the foetal position following their passing. In an instant, she went from being filled with sensation, to the familiar numbness of the dead world. She stretches out and closes her eyes for a moment, concentrating on the last moments and feelings of the victims before their passing.

“There are still people alive down there.” Dani thinks gazing across the barrier at the mass of rubble and the arrival of the first emergency service vehicles.

The once resplendent hotel is a shadow of its former glory. The marble pillars at the entrance splay out from the building like shattered tree trunks. The shell of the building collapsed in on itself, when the impact shockwaves pulverised the building’s interior.

Emergency service personnel frantically evacuate the surrounding buildings, due to the risk that their structural integrity has been compromised. Bleary eyed guests from the other hotels in the area pick their way through the rubble and broken glass, by the light of their phones. Within minutes, the blacked out streets are too choked with people to allow emergency vehicles to pass.

Dani feels a sorrow build inside her and she reaches out with her mind. Under the rubble, formerly dead bodies start to stir and dig their way out from inside the building.

Emergency personnel stand stunned as the dead rescue the living from the impact site. Bewildered guests and hotel staff pulled from the building gather near the stunned medics and firefighters, watching the silent procession of the dead, convey more survivors to safety.

Just over an hour later, the bulk of the islands emergency services are onsite and the bodies of the dead, lay down for the last time.

No one present sees Dani weep for those who lost their lives, but all of them feel the weight of her tears and the sounds of her cries echoes on the breeze.

Dressed in a police officer’s uniform with cap pulled down low, sunglasses and a facemask on, Dani takes a seat behind the wheel of the Grand Cayman Police Vehicle and accesses the tablet inside.

Beneath the garments covering her face, there is no emotion as she quickly searches the police database. "This is a relatively small island, shouldn't take much to find him." She thinks, putting the vehicle in to gear and quietly pulling away.

The streets outside of George Town are quiet, with all traffic heading into the disaster zone around the Phoenicia Hotel. The cruiser glides through the night like a shark prowling the shallows. 

As she drives, she realises that the power is out for the whole island. "That shouldn't be a problem for what I have in mind." She thinks, grimly, eying the laptop and satellite phone on the back seat.

Dani eases the cruiser to a halt across the street from Reginald King's home and she focuses for a moment, "As a bank manager, he could have some security training. I will need to tread carefully here, until I have full control of the theatre."

She quietly exits the vehicle and slots her police baton into the ring on her belt before crossing the street. With a gloves hand she gently knocks the door and waits.

"Who is it?"' A gruff american voice asks.

"Police." She says with a light Memphis accent.

The door opens on the chain and she makes out the vague outline of a mans face in the gloom of the house. "Can I see some I.D. Please?" He asks, cautiously.

She pulls out a rough approximation of a warrant card that she made in the dead world and prays it is too dark for him to see the ruse. "From what I can see, he is a big guy, possibly hired for phyisical prowess rather than brains, but if he buys the disguise, he could stand down."

The man squints at the card in the darkness, before handing it back. The chain of the door rattles breifly whilst unhooked and the door opens a little more, "How can I help you?"

"I am here to speak to Mr King." Dani says firmly.

"He is not available right now." The man says, calmly.

" I am here to speak to him in connection with the assault on Mr Atul Rann at the Bank of Princely Virtue." She says looking him in the eye, "Step aside, or I will charge you with interfering with a police investigation."

The man sighs and cracks his neck. "Come through." He says, turning sharply and walking directly away from the door.

Dani follows the man into the room, unfocusing her senses to take in her surroundings, "He moves like an ex soldier. Strong, confident." She smiles to herself as he bumps into a table, "He doesn't know the house well though. Maybe he doesn't work here."

Silently, she draws the baton and braces herself, while following the man through the house. "There." She thinks hearing a foot scuff, the carpet behind her.

On instinct she ducks low and spin, sweeping low with the baton. A grunt in the darkness, precedes thud by a split second later. Dani rolls and follows up with two hard strikes, connecting with the mans shoulder and cheek. She twists back to her feet hearing rapidly approaching footsteps. She hurls her baton, into the darkness guided by her will. It cracks against the head of the man who let her in and returns to her hand.

Green LED's unblinkingly approach surrounding her. "Six of them, night vision gear. Looks like I interrupted something." She thinks, her expression hardening under her disguise, "You picked the wrong night boys."

She leaps at one man, cracking him in the jaw with the baton, sending him sprawling. She steps over him and turns to face the advancing men as they try again to surround her. She flings the baton sending it end over end at the man opposite her, guided by her will as she ducks a blow from her right. She sidesteps behind him and hammers him twice in the kidneys, sending him to his knees. 

"Three lights moving."' She registers almost subconsciously. She launches herself forward, striking the nearest man in the hip with her knee. He reaches for her, but she brings her left forearm up sharply, forcing his arms high, before she elbows him in the solar plexus, winding him. She feels a hand roughly grab the back of her shirt and slams herself back into him. Reaching back she tucks her left hand behind his neck and crouches and pulls, throwing him into the winded man in a crumpled heap.

The final man hangs back warily, the light on his night vision bobs and weaves reminding her of the movements of a boxer. She weaves, keeping her forearms up in a boxing stance, ready to repel his attacks. She slowly circles throwing out a couple of jabs, which he easily turns aside. "He has some skill." She thinks, before exerting her will through the baton and making it float behind him. She feigns a strike at his stomach forcing him to step back, when her baton cracks him across the back of the skull.

She stands over the defeated men and calls the baton to her hand. She waits in a combat crouch for any sign of trouble. She snatches the night vision goggles from the man at her feet and slips them on. She sees the fallen men clutching their injured body parts. A well spring of anger bubble up within her and without warning, she beats the men into unconsciousness with her bare hands.

Dani ignores the muffled cries of the men behind her. "They are going no where.", she thinks, reflecting on how she cut up their shirts and used the strips to secure their wrists and ankles tightly.

She stalks through the quiet and dark building towards the only sound of noise.

"Who took his money?" A muffled voice up ahead asks angrily.

Two sharp cracks precede Mr King's feeble response, "I don't know."

"What did she look like?" The stranger says, coldly. When there is no response for around ten seconds another loud crack can be heard.

Dani braces herself with the baton ready. Taking a deep breath she opens the door a crack to see an unconscious Mr King tied to a chair. She cannot see the face of the man stood over him but she is able to quickly assess him. "This is a man of precision. The bamboo switch is the perfect size to fit his hand perfectly and deliver a sharp strike with accuracy. Clothing ironed with perfect creases. Shoes tied with symetrical knots. He is trouble."

Dani enters the room quietly, watching the stranger set down the switch. He sighs and turns slowly, "Did you kill my men?" He asks with a light Japanese accent.

"No, they are incapacitated but alive." Dani says, keeping the Memphis accent.

"Perfect." He says with a shrug, "Not only are they not competent to stop you, but I still have to pay them."

"Sorry about that." Dani says, regarding the man suspiciously. "What brings you here?" She asks, conversationally.

"Mr King has some information I require. I am not leaving until I get it." The man replies, "What about you?"

"Same." Dani says, sizing the man up. "He is too relaxed, something is very wrong here."

"So, what are we doing here?" The man asks, his voice calm and even toned.

King slurs as he drifts back to consciousness, "Please I don't know anything."

"I didn't come here to fight, I came for answers." The Japanese mans, says with a dismissive gesture.

Dani braces herself, "I am good either way."

"You." King says wide eyed, looking at Dani, "Your voice. You took Rann's money."

The Japanese man raises an eyebrow and smiles gently, "Is this true?" He asks, his voice dripping with malice.

"What can I say, sugar. A girls gotta eat." Dani says, making a mental note of the position of every piece of furniture in the room.

"That is a shame,  I need you to come with me." He says, calmly.

"Sorry honey, I never go home with a boy on the first date. Momma wouldn't like that." Dani says, keeping an eye on the door.

"I am afraid I must insist." He says, darting forward with inhuman speed.

Dani lashes out instinctively with the baton, striking nothing but air. She grunts from a blow to her stomach and stumbles back. The stranger bombards her with a frenzy of blows, most of which she turns aside, but enough penetrate her defenses striking hard and fast, to make her realise that this is no ordinary fighter. 

"He is too fast, there is no opening to strike back, this is insane. It is like fighting Sasha." Dani thinks, focusing on her defense. "If he was as strong as Sasha I would be on the floor by now."

Dani stands fast in the path of the onslaught, defending as best she can. Her jaw is rocked with a punch she is slightly too slow to stop. While she is stunned he follows up with a punch to the stomach and a blow to her cheek. 

Pressing the advantage, he lunges forward with a powerful kick at her head. She sidesteps instead of blocking and lashes out with a powerful strike to his nose. With blurred vision and bloody streaming from his nose, he steps back. Dani hurls her baton at the man, which he catches in mid air. He slips the loop on the end of the baton  onto his wrist.

He swings the baton down at her, aiming for the crown of her head. Dani's will sends the baton out and to his right, spinning him, before he can release it. While he back is turned, Dani right crosses the back of his head, sending him sprawling. He stumbles forward dazed, unable to stop Dani tackling him from behind. Dani quickly slams his head into the floor and restrains the man, before he wakes. "That was too close."

Mr King breathes a sigh of relief, seeing his tormentor bound on the floor, "Thank you very much. He was going to kill me." He says, through the pain of his injuries.

Dani grabs him by the throat and stares into his eyes, "Make no mistake. I am not your savior and I am not your friend. I am here because I want your help. How readily I get it, will directly impact your chances of getting through the night in one piece."

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Wow! That was truly worthy of James Bond. Dani is such a Bad Ass!
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

The number of quality updates you post to this story are impressive, but you don't really notice that until you are away for a (short) period and you suddenly have to catch up... Slowly, as I have to catch up on lots of stories, I will get there.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Dani was challenged but she rose to the occasion. [mention]wolfman[/mention], I hate to appear to be so indecisive, but my favorite character of yours seems to be the last one you write about. They are all so great. And they are all very distinctive. At this moment, Dani is the goddess. Great writing.
Spy Task Force Completed
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Caesar73 wrote: 2 years ago Wow! That was truly worthy of James Bond. Dani is such a Bad Ass!
Thank you for your support. I am really pleased you liked this chapter. This is was a fun one to write
slackywacky wrote: 2 years ago The number of quality updates you post to this story are impressive, but you don't really notice that until you are away for a (short) period and you suddenly have to catch up... Slowly, as I have to catch up on lots of stories, I will get there.
I am sorry to have set you such a big task, I really hope you enjoy the updates awaiting you.
GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago Dani was challenged but she rose to the occasion. [mention]wolfman[/mention], I hate to appear to be so indecisive, but my favorite character of yours seems to be the last one you write about. They are all so great. And they are all very distinctive. At this moment, Dani is the goddess. Great writing.
I appreciate your indecision. I am pleased to have created more than one character that fights for your attention. Thank you very much for your continued support of this tale.

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Dani guides the police cruiser away from Mr King's house, leaving the men who attacked her restrained in the hallway. The dark roads are still deserted with most of the island in George Town, to assist with the rescue efforts at the Phoenicia Hotel.

The vehicle glides to a halt on a cliff top and Dani steps into the cool night air taking a deep breath. Leaving the engine running, she climbs out and slowly walks around to it's trunk. My King looks up at her fearfully, trying in vain to resist as she manhandles him out of the vehicle.

Dani says nothing, pulling a long coil of rope from the back seat of the car and tying one end securely around her prisoner's ankles. She unspools the remaining fifty feet of the rope and secures the other end to the towing eye at the front of the vehicle.

King pulls weakly at the ties securing his wrists and arms. Dani reaches down and pulls the cloth out of his mouth, clamping it shut with her hand before he can speak. "I want to know about Edward Arno and the Bland group." She says calmly and slowly, "When I take my hand away, you will do exactly what I say and answer any questions I ask. If you decide to stay quiet, I will throw you off of this cliff and then reverse this vehicle as fast as it will go, dragging you up the cliff. The last person I did this to lasted three drops before his skin was completely flayed and he had bitten through his own tongue."

Dani watches the man's reaction as she speaks, thinking "The smarter someone is, the more work they do for you. He is imagining the feeling of behing thrown over the edge and dragged back up. He is smart enough to visualise clearly."

"So Mr King, what do you have to say for yourself." Dani asks, removing her hand.

Mr King gasps for air and looks fearfully at her. "You will kill me anyway, get it over with."

"I have no interest in your death. Help me and we both walk away." She says, with a shrug.

"Then they will kill me. Can you protect me?" He asks, concerned.

"Tell me what I want to know and they will be more worried about protecting themselves, than coming for you." Dani says, feeling her patience wear thin, she reaches down grabbing him by the collar and his belt, ready to lift him.

King weighs up his options and nods to himself, "Alright, Ok, you win. What would you like to know?"

"How much money does Edward Arno and the other members of the Bland Group bank with yourselves?" Dani asks,  calmly.

"The best part of five billion dollars between them." Mr King answers, not looking Dani in the eyes.

Dani slowly walks to the cruiser and pulls out a laptop bag. She sits on the floor next to King and removes the laptop from it's bag and pulls out a satellite phone. A moment later she is online. She cuts Mr King's arms free and turns the laptop towards him. "Log on to your network and transfer their funds to accounts of my choosing." She commands.

Mr King looks at her in horror, shaking his head, "I can't do that, they will kill me."

Dani lays a hand on his shoulder, "Your choice, the cliff or the laptop."

"You can't make me do this." King says, wanting to believe the words he utters.

"These people have destroyed an office block, and airliner and a hotel. They will never stand trial for their crimes. They will blame their lackeys and set up some poor schlub to take the fall." Dani says, conversationally, "This money will be given to their victims families, as a way to make them pay."

Mr King sits staring at the laptop for a moment. "What do you mean hotel?"

"Hotel Phoenicia, midnight tonight. Over a thousand souls lost." Dani says, remembering the force of their passing.

"My God. That is monstrous." King says, weakly. "I knew nothing of this. I swear."

"You are an accomplice after the fact. You could face a conspiracy charge for this. Your benefactors, will let you dangle." Dani explains.

He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes, before he begins to type, a moment later he looks up at Dani, "Do you have the accounts you wish to receive the money?"

"I knew you would be able to do it without the account key. Let me guess, restricted ability in case of emergency." Dani says, handing him a piece of paper. "These accounts, please."

Dani watches the man closely as he transfers the funds over the course of the next few moments. When he is done, she takes the laptop and performs a factory reset before placing it and the satellite phone into a drawstring bag. With a thought the bag and it's contents fly over the cliff edge and off out to sea.

"You understand that I have to restrain you again, before I drive you into town." Dani says, keeping her tone light.

Mr King nods grimly and places his hands behind his back. Dani takes a pair of handcuffs and locks his wrists behind him. "You used the word monstrous."

"I beg your pardon?" He asks, confused.

"The destruction of the hotel. You said it was monstrous." Dani says, calmly.

"Oh yes, it is monstrous." He replies, still unsure about her point.

"Is it less monstrous than forcing your staff to have plastic surgery to ensure that they can only smile." Dani asks, lightly.

"Whoa, now hang on." King protests, indignant.

"No, you hang on. You force your people to have surgery. You are a monster in your own right." Dani says, coldly. "Then there is the fact that the Bland Group keeps a lot of money in your bank. How many times have they used your bank to pay for their investments? How many poeple's suffering has been paid for through your bank."

Mr King hangs his head in silence, not wanting to incriminate himself. The only sound that can be heard is the crashing of the surf on the rocks at the foot of the cliff. Dani scoffs, breaking the near silence, "That's what I thought."

"What will happen to me?"  King asks, nervously.

"I think you already know the answer to that." Dani says, getting to her feet and walking over to the police cruiser. 

"No, you can't do this. I helped you." King pleads.

Dani looks down at the struggling man with a mixture of sadness, contempt and pity and speaks softly, "That's on you." 

She puts the vehicle into gear and watches as it slowly crawls towards the cliff edge, pulling the bank manager with it. He struggles in vain against his bonds as he is slowly and inexorably pulled behind the cruiser, until it plunges over the edge, pulling his sharply forward. She ignores his screams of panic, sidestepping into the dead world.

Dani shudders as his soul uses her as a conduit for what lies beyond. She smiles to herself, thinking, "Thank you for giving me the keys to the kingdom, so to speak."

Dani steps into the living world, disguised as Baron Samedi once more. She strolls to the security panel of the Bank of Princely Virtue's back up location and quickly uses King's code to de-activate the alarm. She strides with purpose towards King's office and logs on with his credentials.

She enters the names of the members of the Bland Group and a moment later she has the locations of their account code devices and by extension, their locations.

Smiling to herself, she transfers the balances of all of the banks other customers accounts into escrow, subject to release by Mr King himself.

She smiles to herself taking a cuban cigar from a humidor of the bank managers desk and lighting it with a match. She reclines in the tall backed leather chair and stretches. Dani sighs feeling her neck crack and thinks to herself, "Every time I come back, I feel physically refreshed, but at the same time, it takes it out of me."

Shaking the tiredness away, Dani opens, Mr King's personal customer files and reviews the details of each of the members of the Bland Group and their assets. A seed of a plan starts to form, growing with each file she sees. until she sits back thoughtfully nodding to herself.

Dani pours three fingers of rum from a bottle in King's desk and sips it thoughtfully. On a whim, she pours a second glass and sets it on the desk, with an unlit cigar and match. She puts her hand on her heart and solemnly whispers, "Thank you for your help Baron Samedi. I am sorry I took your image without permission. I hope these offerings will earn your forgiveness."

Raising a glass to the Baron in a toast, she downs the rest of her drink.  Taking her time, she rolls smoke from thecigar around her mouth savouring it's warmth and flavour. "Sometimes you have to take time for the simple pleasures." She thinks, before taking another pull on the cigar.

Memories of the victims at the Phoenicia, fills her mind and her heart hardens, "The Bland Group will pay for what they have done. They will not have a warning. Death will come swiftly and they will die without knowing who or why."

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Could the Count of Monte Christo plot revenge any better than Dani? I think not, [mention]wolfman[/mention]. It is sad that tugstories has such limited circulation. Your stories deserve to be told to the world.
Spy Task Force Completed
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

While I found the way Dani dealt with King extremly good, because you could imagine very easily what Dani did, nearly see it, the best Part in my opinon - was the Offering Ceremony to Baron Samedi - which reminded me very much of the Bond Movie "Live and let die".
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago Could the Count of Monte Christo plot revenge any better than Dani? I think not, @wolfman. It is sad that tugstories has such limited circulation. Your stories deserve to be told to the world.
You are too kind [mention]GreyLord[/mention]. Dani is very much in touch with her dark side.
I write as much for my own pleasure as anything else. That said, maybe someday I will release this to a greater audience.
Caesar73 wrote: 2 years ago While I found the way Dani dealt with King extremly good, because you could imagine very easily what Dani did, nearly see it, the best Part in my opinon - was the Offering Ceremony to Baron Samedi - which reminded me very much of the Bond Movie "Live and let die".
I wanted this to be an almost claustrophobic chapter between Dani and Mr King. I am glad you liked the ceremony, in some ways here version of Baron Samedi looks a bit like the version of him from the film.

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

08:00 Hours EST Miami, FL

Dani sits cross legged, with her hands resting lightly on her knees. Her eyes are closed, as she inhales slowly. She is a paragon of stillness, at odds with the early morning hustle and bustle of the Miami morning. 

"Mr King gave me an insight into some of the members of the Bland Group, when his soul passed through me." She thinks, with a bitter taste in her mouth from the memory.

In the street below the rooftop, a tangle of cars crawls along slowly chugging towards their places of work. Dani opens her eyes and surveys the traffic spying the limousine that carries her prey.

Unnoticed by the city and its inhabitants, she transitions to the dead world. and floats down to the line of traffic and slips into the vehicle.

Hector Ramos, Cuban immigrant and self-made clothing billionaire, reclines in the rear of his limousine. His sharp suit and crisp shirt, perfectly match his manicured styled appearance.  Languidly he reaches for mounted cellphone and accepts the incoming voice call.

“Edward, would you care to explain what happened in Grand Cayman last night and why I found out about it on the news this morning” Hector asks, impatiently.

“We needed to move to mitigate a threat to our latest acquisition.” Arno responds, clearly not appreciating the man’s tone.

“It has been eight hours, it would have ben nice to hear from you earlier, so I could move to protect our longer standing assets.” Ramos says, taking the anger out of his voice.

“My apologies old friend, I have been fielding calls from several governments on the matter. I wished to tell you in person so to speak, out of respect for you rather than delegating the task.” Arno says, disarmingly.

Ramos considers for a moment, before softening his tone, “I appreciate that. What happened?”

“Our programmer got greedy and demanded more money or he would compromise our access to the platforms.” Arno explains, nonchalantly.

“Why did you have to destroy the hotel to get him?” Ramos asks, remembering the scale of destruction from the news feed that morning.

“With the destruction of Copraktik, we announced we had the weapon. The flight showed our capabilities. The hotel shows the price of opposition.” Arno confirms, as if giving a speech to shareholders, “The American’s are nervous.”

“Are we really sure this is a good idea?” Ramos asks, doubtfully.

“We have more power and influence as a group than half the countries in the world. We have the resources to establish our own nation and powerbase. We are on the verge of declaring ourselves an extra territorial organisation able to make our own laws and operate with true freedom in ourt respective fields.” Arno confirms, “The largest objections came from the Americans. With our latest acquisition we have the means to force them to drop their opposition.”

“The risks are high with this gambit, but I cannot deny the potential rewards are huge.” Ramos says, stroking his chin.

“Our island is almost constructed our time is nigh, old friend. ”Arno says, warmly.

Ramos smiles and nods, “Soon.” His eyes flick up for a moment, confused.

He stares at the woman in motorcycle leathers and black crash helmet sat opposite him, well out of shot for the phones camera. “How the…?” He whispers, catching a flash of movement from the woman.

The wakisashi’s blade glints as it slices through the air. The inhumanly powerful arm of its wielder, overcomes any resistance that the weapon encounters on its deadly trajectory.

One moment, Edward Arno is looking at his friend and business partner, the next he is watching his head tumble into his lap and a fountain of blood shoot from his neck.

Dani sidesteps back to the dead world, before her victim’s head stops rolling. Exhaling slowly, she whispers, “One down.”, as the soul of Hector Ramos passes through her, on it's way to the beyond..

13:00 Hours EST Manhattan NY

The seventy storey glass and steel MediaCenter building, sits like a shining beacon on the Manhattan skyline. Carter Freeman wears a troubled look as he strides through his media office building towards the panic room.

Edward showed him the video of Ramos' death two hours ago over secure video link and for the first time ever, Freeman thought Arno looked scared.

Carter’s federal law enforcement contacts had discretely looked into the matter and he did not like what they had to say.

His mind drifts back to the conversation with Agent Jeffers.

“The rear compartment of the vehicle was locked and the vehicles ECU didn’t register it being unlocked at any point between the journey and shows that the privacy screen was raised for the entire journey. Eyewitnesses do not report anyone entering or leaving the vehicle. The vehicle was kept in a locked garage last night, the security footage shows that the only person to enter or leave the garage was Mr Ramos and his driver.” The agent began, “The vehicle has been swept by forensics and the only fingerprints and trace evidence recovered, belongs to either the victim or his driver.”

“Anything on the weapon at least.” Carter asked the corrupt agent.

“Very sharp, used with a lot of force. Only one blow was required. Given the amount of space in the rear of the vehicle, working theory it that the weapon was a wakisashi.” Jeffers confirmed.

“Interesting. Have you found the weapon?” Carter asks sharply.

“No sir. Not as yet.” Jeffers said, unable to meet Carter’s gaze.

“Keep me posted.” Carter requested, ending the call.

Back in the present moment, Carter nods to his personal assistant at her desk outside his office door.

“Sir, I am just going for lunch. Would you like me to bring you anything?” She says in a strong Bronx accent.

He pauses, realising her hasn’t eaten anything since his news feed alarm woke him, regarding the mess in Grand Cayman, “Thank you Justine, would you mind grabbing me a reuben and an order of fries?”

“Won’t your wife be upset? What about your diet?” Justine asks with playful innocence.

“What she doesn’t know, won’t hurt me.” He says, passing her a twenty dollar bill, with a smile. “When you get back, we need to go over the draft of the Josahni proposal. Can you clear my afternoon accordingly?”

“Of course, sir. Edward Arno has tried to contact you four times in the last hour. Sounds urgent.” Justine advises.

“I’m sure he thinks so. I will call him now.” Carter says with a smile.

Carter closes the doors to his office behind him and glances at the phone on his desk, “In a minute.”

He shrugs off his suit jacket and walks over to the main window. “I love this view.” He says softly, looking down onto Lexington Avenue.

With his hands clasped behind him, he leans forward, resting his forehead on the glass, enjoying the cool feel of the glass on his skin.

A powerful hand presses the back of his head, forcing his left cheek against the window. His eyes, widen in horror seeing his attackers other hand pull back and streak forward, striking the window with a centre punch.

The window shatters into a million glittering tiny pieces. He screams, inadvertently, swallowing a couple of beads of the glass, when he passes through the window.

Two people exited the window, but only one falls. Carter flails in mid air, clutching at the air in terror, unable to prevent his fall. Dani on the other hand, sidesteps into the dead world, without emotion, watching his descent.

Justine smiles at the buildings doorman with a skip in her step, on her way out of the building. She gasps when the doorman pulls her back and doesn’t even have time to turn and question him, before her employer, explodes on the sidewalk in the spot she would have been.

15:45 MST Salt Lake City UT

Dr Emil Allred wears a worried expression on his brow. “It is not supposed to be like this.” He thinks to himself, “We are building a better future, I didn’t sign up for the casualties.”

The office is classically styled, with walnut wood panelling and a sumptuous desk, clear, save for a laptop. He reclines in a luxurious leather backed computer chair. With the push of a button, the doctor activates the massage function of the chair.

He sits at his desk, stroking his chin thoughtfully, “Arno’s idea of a research center, where any research can be done without government oversight, sold me on this project.”

“Without government oversight, we could advance the fields of medicine and genetics, by decades. I have a dozen projects revolving around gene therapy and prosthetic implantation, ready to go as soon as we get the all clear.” He thinks, bitterly.

Slowly, he rises from his chair and walks over to the window, staring blankly out into the afternoon sun, “In the last week, well over a thousand people have died. Casualties were inevitable, as with any change of the natural order, but they are piling up too fast. We will get the wrong form of attention before we can get off the ground.”

A feeling of melancholy washes over him, remembering the reports on Ramos and Carter’s deaths, “Someone is hunting us, somehow. No trace, no warning. Well I for one am not going to be taken down so easily.” He chuckles to himself, thinking, “The reverend thinks that God will protect him. Some hope given the things he has done.”

A soft knock at the door, pulls him front his thoughts, “Enter.”

The head of the doctors security team strides in, flanked by two of his men. The men are calm and professional in their methodical scan of the room, for threats. The security chief, softly whispers “Clear.” Into his throat mike. Before extending a hand towards the door, “Sir. Building is clear and the panic room is ready for your arrival.”

Allred picks up his jacket and begins to leave, “Are the preparations in place?”

The chief checks his notes and nods, while they walk, “Yes sir. The external access control has been disabled. Once you are secured inside, the room will seal and only you will be able to unlock the door.”

“Excellent. Did you manage to contact the builder of the room?” The Doctor asks, managing to relax a little.

“Yes sir. He confirmed that the walls are nine inch tempered steel core, encased in reinforced concrete.  It would take blasting gear and professional equipment several hours to get inside.” The specialist confirms.

“Weak spots?” The Doctor asks, entering the lift, down to the lower sub-basement.

“Room has food and water for three weeks and the soda lime scrubbers are in place, to clean CO2 from the air. Once you are inside it will be hermetically sealed.” The chief advises, joining the doctor in the lift.

The doctor exhales slowly, “Excellent work. If your team can get me through this in one piece, you can rest assured that each and every one of you will earn a large bonus.”

The chief smiles and nods, “Thank you sir.” He says, thinking, “He is overly paranoid, there is no way anyone can get past us.”

Dr Allred bids his security team farewell as they exit the panic room following their final sweet and all clear. The heavy steel door, hisses closed and the sound of the thick steel bolts locking into place reverberates in the room.

The term panic room, conjures an image of a sparsely furnished room with bare rooms and cans of food stacked in the corner. This sumptuously equipped apartment, is a world away from that.

A plush sofa sits against the far wall, opposite a book case which dominates the room. Beyond that a bathroom and kitchen area and beyond them a bedroom.

He wanders through the panic room, past the access control panel, and the ceiling mounted CO2 scrubber, perfectly outfitted kitchen and into the bathroom, under the watchful eyes of the security cameras.

After a long day, a long hot shower is the only thing that would refresh his tired mind and body. After thirty minutes of being pummelled by the hot water, he turns off the jet, with renewed and with a sense of purpose.

“Right, fresh clothes and then I am getting Arno on the line.” He says, with a quiet determination.

He quickly dries himself and tosses the towel aside. Resting his hands on the sink, he makes eye contact with himself in the mirror, then examines his face for signs of wrinkles.

Dr Allred barely registers what happens next, only a sensation of strong hands, one on the back of his head and one on his forehead. A twist and a crunch later, his lifeless body drops to the floor.

19:57 PST Los Angeles CA

The congregation waits expectantly, as the sun descends over the Rose Bowl Stadium. A frisson of excitement passes through the ninety thousand strong capacity crowd as the orchestra begins to play silent night.

Ninety thousand souls, raise their voices to God in chorus, in this first celebration of faith this evening. Tears of joy flow freely from the eyes of those present at the majesty of the spectacle

“A Call to the Faithful” the event is named. With tickets costing a hundred dollars apiece and touts selling tickets outside the gate for anything up to ten thousand dollars, it has also been called, “A call to the wallets of the faithful.”

Billed as the religious event of the summer, crowds have flocked from across the country to hear the Reverend Tyrone Vestry deliver sermons and blessings, before the climax of the show where he and the crowd will hear live broadcast confessions from some of the country’s leading politicians and media stars.

The Roman Catholic church has condemned the event as a salacious travesty and a mockery of the sanctity of the confessional. But this has done little to kerb the hype or determination of the Reverend to proceed.

Reverend Vestry kneels in prayer in the small but sumptuous mobile chapel installed one of his churches customised trailers. “Dear Lord, grant me forgiveness for those who have lost their lives in pursuit of a new Eden in your name and give me the strength to serve you well this next few hours. I call upon your infinite mercy in this hour of our greatest need to protect us from those that seek to do us harm. Amen.”

He opens his eyes slowly and crosses himself, before kissing his crucifix. The elderly black man rises to his feet, suddenly feeling every one of his eighty three years. He anoints himself with holy water and sighs, “A lifetime of service to God, personifying the virtues of the faithful, but to what end. Now, when we are so close to providing a utopia for the faithful, we stumble.”

“The path was never meant to be easy to tread, but until now it never seemed doomed to fail.” He whispers softly. “Arno had everything worked out, Ramos would provide logistics and transportation. Freeman would control the media and engage in memetic warfare. Allred would bring in the best medical facilities in the world. I would provide political clout and Arno and the other would fund the endeavour.”

“There was never meant to be this much bloodshed. Arno said the platforms were there, to both protect the island and as a means of enforcing our will. But the destruction in Grand Cayman should never have happened.” He curses himself bitterly.

“Where did we go wrong?” He asks, casting his eyes to heaven.

“You presumed that the will of man was greater than the grace of God.” A voice behind him rasps.

The aging priest spins around and crosses himself once more, as he lays eyes on the figure before him.

The woman stands at nearly seven feet tall, her legs bent backwards at the knees, like a dogs. His breathing quickens as he takes in the details of her form, “Red skin, black eyes, ornate black horns trimmed in silver, black hair down to the floor and naked, save for the snake that coils around her body.” He struggles to form words, as he stares agape.

She smiles, revealing a maw of glittering fangs that glint in the candle light of the chapel. “Hello Father.”

“You cannot be here. This is a house of God.” The reverend blurts out.

“Everything here has been manufactured by the hands of man. This is not God’s house. This is cargo.” The demon says, in a sibilant hiss.

“Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name.” The priest proclaims, brandishing his cross.

“Let me give you a hint, do not presume that just because you can quote the bible, it means anything to me. His words only carry power, when the speakers heart is open to God. Yours is a crucible of doubt and pride. You have no room in your heart for God and his grace.” The demon says, in an amused tone.

“Lies.” The priest says lunging for the demon.

She causally steps aside and waits for him to gather himself. Vestry turns to her and demands, “What are you doing here, you foul creature?”

“I have come to say thank you for all the great work you are doing.” She says, licking her lips with a forked tongue, “You are doing so much to further our agenda, I just had to stop by and say thank you.”

“I am doing the Lord’s work.” Vestry bellows in protest.

“Oh is that so?” The demon asks innocently, “I wasn’t aware that turning a blind eye to Ramos’ sweat shops and child labour was the Lord’s work. Nor was I aware that ignoring the fact that Freeman’s television networks actively promotes of gambling and promiscuity was the Lord’s work.” The demon pauses, pretending to be deep in thought, before playfully continuing, “Surely, ignoring the forced surgeries and defrauding of the sick by Allred, isn’t the Lord’s work. I could be wrong but I am sure your one on one midnight marriage counselling sessions and provision of absolution in nexchange for sexual favours, aren’t the Lord’s work either.”

The old priest seems to crumble a little more with each word the demon utters. “This is an outrage.” Vestry says, steadying himself with a hand on the wall. “We are building a new Eden.”

“No, humans were expelled from the garden of Eden for their sins.” The Demon says, in a serious tone, “That does not mean that sinful men and women may gather to create something pure that will replace it. You people are building an amusement park. There is nothing righteous or Holy about your endeavour.”

“But the benefit to mankind.” The priest says, clutching his left arm.

“The benefit is to the men and women who build it and see the money rolling in. The poor and the afflicted will find no succour in your labours. The innocent will be vivisected and enslaved for your glory.” She says, subtly darkening the red shade of her skin. She points a clawed finger at him accusingly, “You give the prideful and sin drenched your support and are repaid in the wages of sin. You speak on their behalf, to those who would stop them. You minister their workers, passing on details of confessions to those who would profit from them.” She spits on the floor and shakes her head disdainfully, “Demons fell from grace. But, you. You jumped.”

The priest buckles, down onto he knees, still clutching his left arm. Sweat pours down his brow, “It’s not true.” He whispers weakly.

“Search your heart. You know I am right.” She whispers in a sibilant and seductive tone, “You work with the sinful and see the evil in their hearts. Yet do nothing to turn them from a path, that leads them away from God. That makes you an asset to us.”

“I will never align myself with you.” Vestry says, clutching his chest.

“You turned away from the light of God, to embrace the glint of gold. You are already aligned with us.” She says, warmly, “We have a place for you.”

The old man’s eyes begin to flutter, “It cannot be……”

The catches the man, before he falls to the ground and lays him tenderly on the ground, gently closing his eyes.

The necrotic matter around her, connects her to the dead world, even though she kneels in the living. She listens to the old man’s last breath and says a silent prayer for him, before the priests soul passes through her to the great beyond and she feels the full weight of his life.

Dani sidesteps back into the dead world and wills her demonic visage away, leaving her fully human again. She kneels in silence slowly breathing and coming back to herself. She gazes across the barrier to watch the sunset, hoping that it’s beauty would purge her mind.

“The idea of that was simple. But the reality was awful. I am never doing that again.” Dani pledges.

Then the memory of the Phoenicia comes to mind unbidden and along with it her sense of purpose, “They deserve no pity. This path is walked by you, but set in motion by them.”

She glides away from the stadium towards LAX thinking to herself, “That is four major players in under a day. The rest will run to where they feel safe.” She smiles darkly, “For a time they will be, but once I arrive they will find themselves in a trap of their own making.”

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Superman and Capt. Marvel are fine. However, they are now unnecessary. Dani is the super hero to stand above all others.
Spy Task Force Completed
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago Superman and Capt. Marvel are fine. However, they are now unnecessary. Dani is the super hero to stand above all others.
Dani has power and skill aplenty, but even she is fallible. Even she has a weakness.

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

wolfman wrote: 2 years ago
GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago Superman and Capt. Marvel are fine. However, they are now unnecessary. Dani is the super hero to stand above all others.
Dani has power and skill aplenty, but even she is fallible. Even she has a weakness.
And that she has a weakness makes a an even more fascinating character. That makes her human. Great work!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic