Revelation (M/F) (F/M) - A sequel to Devastation

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

wolfman wrote: 2 years ago It only takes something small, but that is always the way.
So true. Great chapter
wolfman wrote: 2 years ago Hitchhike perhaps?
That would be one interesting pick-up. Wonder if 'Jack' (character in my story, for those who don't read my story) would pick them up.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

slackywacky wrote: 2 years ago
wolfman wrote: 2 years ago It only takes something small, but that is always the way.
So true. Great chapter
wolfman wrote: 2 years ago Hitchhike perhaps?
That would be one interesting pick-up. Wonder if 'Jack' (character in my story, for those who don't read my story) would pick them up.
That would be hilarious, I suspect that the girls abilities, would be no match for his irresistible charm and they would be hogtied for the journey.
View my latest story, Revelation, here;

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8719

To view it's prequel Devastation, please click below;
https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7458
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

A great continuation of the story [mention]wolfman[/mention]. I'm looking forward to the entire family getting together and taking the fight to T.H.I.S.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

"Hi hon." Louise says beaming a smile, as she answers Steve's call, behind the wheel of her Morgan convertible.

"Hello love, are you driving?" He asks, sounding weary.

"Yeah, shouldnt be too long now." She says, checking the readout on her satnav, seeing she is less than an hour from his arms.

"Can you pull over, love?" He asks, with a slight shake in his voice.

Louise senses something wrong and begins searching for a gap at the side of the road, "Hang on a sec." She says, pulling sharply into a tight spot between two Land Rovers, "What's wrong Steve?" She asks, sub-consciously rubbing her stomach.

"Have you seen the news? The riot in Watford?" He says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"They had the news on in the lobby of the conference centre. It looked bad." She says, before realising that he said it was in Watford, "Oh God, wasn't Sasha coming home from her scan through Watford?"

"She was the girl that the blokes were trying to take." Steve says, feeling very tired, "She is alright. The gobby fella, who mouthed off against their boss, brought her home safe and dropped her off."

"'Is she alright? Is the baby ok?" Louise asks, on the verge of tears. 

"We are in the clinic now, she is getting checked out. But, early signs are good." Steve says, gently. 

"Thank God." Louise says, allowing a tear to roll down her cheek.

"I hate to ask, but I am stuck here, is there any way you can pick Kim up?" Steve asks, feeling wretched.

"Does she know?" She asks, imagining Kim hearing the news, on her own.

"No, she doesn't know yet." Steve says, "She is on a theatre trip in Milton Keynes with her school."

"Do you want me to talk to her when I get her?" She asks, pulling out into traffic and heading for the M1.

Louise parks, in a multi storey car park, near the theatre and quickly walks to the lobby, finding Kim waiting for her.

The young woman looks up, with fearful eyes and runs up to Louise hugging her, "What's going on?"

Louise gently takes her hands and leads her to a sofa, to the left of the entrance. Louise pulls the young woman close and hugs her, as she begins to speak.

The receptionist on the front desk looks up, hearing a piteous wail from the young woman. Even though she does not know the girl, she feels her pain and silently gives her sympathies to her.

Kim doesn't speak until they get onto the motorway, lost in her own thoughts, "Why?" She whispers, softly.

"Sorry darling?" Louise asks, taking her eyes off of the road for a moment, to check Kim is alright.

"Why did someone try to take Sasha?" Kim says, staring into the middle distance.

"I don't know, darling." Louise says, searching for an answer herself, "There are some people in the world, who just want to hurt others."

"Yeah, I know." Kim says, thinking of the times she has been kidnapped and the man who tried to kill her father.

Louise reaches across and takes the girls hand, "For everyone who wants to hurt others, there are a dozen who want to help. There are people who will move heaven and earth just to help one person."

Kim smiles gently, "Like you guys?" 

Louise glances at kim and gives her a little wink, "Yeah. Just like us."

"I want to be like you guys." Kim says, earnestly. "I have memorised Dani's manual and watched all of the   Nirvana tutorial videos."

"How have you seen them? They are all encrypted." Louise asks, surprised.

Kim gives a nervous smile, "Dani's book has a section on network infiltration. It was really complicated but I was able to figure it out."

"You are full of surprises." Louise says with a chuckle, she reaches over and squeezes Kim's hand, "You are at an age when anything is possible. Don't be too quick to choose your path in life and even if you do, remember, you can always walk another path."

"Do you wish you had taken a different path?" Kim asks, sincerely.

"No, I have no regrets. I took a chance and ended up finding a better and happier version of me than I had ever imagined." Louise confesses, looking for a moment at the satnav. "Looks like there is an accident at junction 11, we can pull off at junction 12 and cut through to 10." She says to herself.

"Thank you." Kim says, with a smile. 

"For what?" Louise asks confused.

"For not talking to me like a child. Dad and Sasha to see me as this fragile thing to be protected. But you, Steve and Niki treat me like an adult. I really respect that." Kim says, with a smile.

"You have been through more in your life so far, than most go through in their entire lives and you are still face each day with a smile. You are more amazing than you know." Louise says, feeling a small welling of pride directed at the young woman.

"Thank you Lou." Kim smiles and then looks upset, "I am so sorry, I forgot to ask, How is auntie bump?"

"Eh?" Louise asks in amused confusion.

Kim face goes scarlet with embarassment, "Well you are Sasha's step mum, so your baby will be her sister and my auntie. As she is a bump in your tummy, she is my auntie bump."

Louise chuckles gently, "What if she is a he?"

Kim thinks for a moment, before saying, "Then he will be uncle bump."

Louise laughs gently, "Auntie Uncle bump is doing well."

Fey steps of of the train, stepping around the sparse commuters at Leicester station heading for the toilets, “Jim sounded worried on the phone.” She splashes some water onto her face and quickly shrugs the back pack off of her shoulders. With probing fingers, she plucks a grey hooded top from the back and slips it on, over her plain white t-shirt, staring into the mirror, “I can’t believe they tried to take Sasha, right off the street. I hope she is ok.”, she thinks.

A cold shiver crawls down her spine and she shudders, “Something, feels very wrong.”

Taking a tissue from her bag she wipes the makeup from her face, reflecting, “That must have been so hard for Jim and Carl, I would have spilled the beans straight away.” She splashes more water on her face as she continues, “I am glad they were there and able to help. But by the same token, the delay of my train, could have been a ploy to have them there to intervene. Either to group them together or isolate me. I had better be on guard and ready for anything.”

She pops a set of brown contact lenses into her eyes, they begins to apply fresh make up, much more minimal. Then applies foundation to suppress the natural healthy glow of her skin and pale lipstick to reduce the impact of her lips. “Very bland.” She says, looking in the mirror.

Fey stuffs the pockets of her cargo pants and shoulder back with key items from the back pack, leaving only a few clothes in the bag. Unseen, she slips out of the toilet and pauses for a moment, feeling the rhythm of the crowd before striding forward.

Crossing the main platform of the station, she passes through the blind spots of a dozen commuters, close enough to smell their sweat. From their perspective, a gentle breeze just passed them by. She avoids the cameras and hops onto the train departing for Birmingham and no one sees her.

On the train she stands between carriages, waiting for her stop. The guard enters the compartment and stares out of the window. Fey stays behind him, keeping in his blind spot, even using him as cover when a passenger passes through seeking the toilet.

When the train pulls into Birmingham New Street Station, she steps onto the platform a split second before the doors close. She follows the crowd who alighted at the same time, keeping close enough to be perceived as one of the crowd, but far enough back that none of the crowd catch her eye.

Fey passes by the taxi rank, dropping her backpack into the boot of a taxi as the unsuspecting driver loads up his passengers luggage, walking away without a glance. No one sees her.

She steps off of the bus outside the airport and follows a party of arriving orange clad, cabin crew into the terminal, unnoticed as she takes a spare uniform from one of their bags. 

With a glance she spots the flights departing soon and nods to herself and then departs the way she came. On her way out of the terminal, she purchases a small carry-on luggage bag, paying cash and taking about the weather with the stalls attendant.

Fey walks the perimeter of the airport, hoping over the fence and crouching on the outskirts of one of the runways. She quickly changes into the air crew uniform and stuffs her clothes into the carry-on bag with her handbag. With a practiced hand, she wipes off the foundation and quickly applies, blusher, eyeliner and savage lipstick. Checking her appearance with her phone, she nods, "Fearsome."

Her mentors words echo in her ears, as she crosses the tarmac, "When posing as a professional, don't act like a member of their professional, be a member of that profession."

With purpose she walks towards the mobile steps for the waiting aircraft, “Sorry, I am late. Last flight had a family of four who didn't know what sick bags are used for.” She says in a Belfast accent.

The harrassed looking female flight attendant stares at her confused, “Who are you and what are you on about?”

“I am Ellie Rourke. Didn’t M say I was coming? Getting a ride home for a rager this weekend.” Fey says, keeping her cool.

“M? You mean Emma? No she did not say, I would be getting a ride-along.” The attendant says, impatiently, before softening her tone, “Sorry, that was rude. Look, one of the girls cried off sick. Can you do a cabin check for me while the last passengers board?”

“No Problem.” Fey says, brightly settling into character, as she ascends the stairs and enters the cabin.

“When you are out in the world and you see someone do something. Take note. If you ever have to play a role it will be useful.” Ryan’s teachings echo in her ears, “Being Unseen isn’t about being invisible all the time. Sometimes you cannot avoid it. In those moments, commit to the place you find yourself and become a part of it. By being what people expect, you won’t stand out and you will be ignored.”

“He has a lot of gems like that.” Fey reflects, fondly remembering her time training with Ryan, as she closes overhead lockers and instructs passengers to stow coats on lockers instead of on the floor.

She returns with practiced efficiency to the front of the aircraft and gives the thumbs up to her fellow attendant.

“I am Jenny by the way.” The attendant says, warmly, “Can you help with the demo?”

“No problem.” Fey smiles, disarmingly.

Around an hour later, the flight touches down in Belfast. The rump of Fey’s trousers, holds an almost complete set of finger prints from the male passengers on the flight and she has been offered half a dozen phone numbers. But within minutes of disembarking the flight, none of them can remember her face, as if she was never there.

With purpose she walks towards the mobile steps for another waiting aircraft, “Sorry, I am late. Cabin services took their time bringing restock on my last flight.” She says in a Luton accent.

The relaxed looking male flight attendant at the foot of the stairs, checks his clipboard, “We haven’t got any listings for a ride-along today.”

“I am Carla James. Didn’t Mary say I was coming?” Fey says, keeping her cool.

“No, she didn’t say.” The attendant says, impatiently,

“Sorry, without a docket, I can’t let you on board.” He says, with a weary look on his face.

“Oh OK.” Fey says, letting her eyes moisten with tears. “It’s just my sister was mugged, this afternoon and she is in surgery at the moment. I am trying to get back in case....”

The attendant closes his eyes and tilts his head back, then lets his gaze fall back on her. With a gentle hand he squeezes her shoulder, “I am so sorry to hear that.”

Fey lightly brushes his hand, sending a wave of compassion and sympathy into him. “It’s alright, I will try to get on a later flight.” She says, weakly.

“Wait.” He says, relenting, “Take the front cabin crew seat, nearest the door. If anyone asks, the docket blew away in the jetwash.”

“Thank you so much.” She says tearfully, placing a peck on his cheek, and climbing the steps.

Around an hour later, the flight touches down in London-Luton Airport. Fey had made small talk with the crew and had a cheeky in-flight bacon roll and cup of tea. With a weary look on her face, she steps off of the aircraft with a wave, promising to let them know how her sister is. But within minutes of disembarking the flight, none of them can remember her face, as if she was never there.

She gets onto the commuter bus to the Parkway train station and crouches below the back of the rear seat. When she sits up again, she is wearing her hoodie, t-shirt and jeans and the uniform is no-where to be seen.

No one sees her step off the bus and walk away from the station, enjoying the cool evening air, as she makes her way to the bus station, “I want to run, but that would draw attention. I need to get back to the others.”

"I need to tell them what I have found in the data, Jim sent. Looks like the key figure behind it is UN under secretrary Lupita Carillo. Her name is all over the documentation." She thinks, matching the pace of those around her, "All indications are that she set up T.H.I.S.  Her name is against all of the shipping documents and payroll signoffs. I think she will know, where the Eyrie is."

Lost in her thoughts, crossing the road to get the the bus station, "I have done some digging into her and she seems like a nightmare. Third Dan in Shotokan Karate and Jiu Jitsu, speaks a dozen languages and from the press photos, she is a woman in the late forties, with the body of a twenty year old athlete. If I didn't know better, I would say she is like us."

She barely registers the sound of an approaching car. The driver doesn’t see her.

The Vivaro's speed barely dips below sixty, after it hits her. Ryan's words echo in her mind as she flies across the street, smashing through the windscreen of an oncoming Morgan convertible, "When you are evading the notice of others, you must remain completely aware of your surroundings. When no one sees you, no one will act as if you are there."

Louise throws her arms up in front of her and Kim's faces, protecting them from flying glass. The vehicle swerves sharply without Louise's hands on the wheel, striking a lamp post. 

The airbags of the Morgan detonate upon impact, slamming Kim and Louise back into their seats.

Kim sits in a daze, still reeling from the crash. A distant noise to her right tears her eyes from the rent flesh and dripping blood of the person jammed into their windscreen. She stares at Louise, clutching her stomach in pain, sobbing heavily.

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Carl sits staring into space with his head in his hands, "How could this happen?"

Jim sets a cup of lukewarm vending machine coffee down at his side and places a hand on his shoulder. He wants to tell his brother that everything will be alright, that Fey will pull through, but he can't find the strength to form the words.

Carl feels Jim's hand and looks up, seeing pain reflected back at his and pats Jim's hand. "Any word on what happened?"

Jim flops into the seat opposite Carl feeling about seventy years old, "A little, seems she stepped off of the kerb straight in front of a van." He pauses imagining the scene, "She was hit with enough force to send her through the windscreen of an oncoming car."

Carl slumps back in his seat, "Jesus." He shakes his head, weakly, "What are the doctors saying?"

"Indications are that she is in a bad way, she is in surgery now." Jim confirms, wearily,  "The paramedics report says that if the passenger of the sports car, hadn't kept pressure on the wound, she wouldn't have made it to hospital."

"We should get them a basket of fruit or something." Carl says absent mindedly.

"She will pull through mate." Jim says, raising he facemask, to drain the dregs of his coffee. 

"Any word from the others?" Carl asks, feeling a little numb.

"Dani and Niki send their best, they will get here when they can. Still no word from Hel." Jim confesses.

"How could this day get worse, man?" Carl asks, draining the last of his coffee and replacing his facemask.

"I have no idea mate." Jim says, feeling lost. 

After what seems like an endless silence in the side room of the Luton and Dunstable Hospital corridor, Jim speaks, with a voice both deafening and quiet in the small space, "I have been going through the data we obtained."

Carl takes a deep breath to focus himself, "Yeah, me too. What do you have?"

"One name keeps coming up." Jim pauses, gathering his thoughts, "UN Under Secretary Lupita Carrillo."

"Her name is at the centre of a number of patterns. She is in it up to her neck." Carl adds, in a conspiratorial tone.

"She is a player. In more ways than one." Jim says in an inscrutable tone.

"How do you mean?" Carl asks, concerned.

"T.H.I.S. was her brain child, in response to the rising threat of people like Price. She lobbied, caroused and in some cases down right bullied her way through the legislature, until it became real. This was her ticket to the higher echelons of the UN and she rode it to the top. There are some rumours that she used T.H.I.S. to make her allies enemies disappear to buy favour." Jim pauses looking weary, "She has allies everywhere and files on her enemies with information that makes them unwilling to move against her. But she is virtually untouchable."

"How can we deal with that?" Carl asks rhetorically.

"We break her network, destroy her blackmail files and basically remove her power." Jim says, with a faraway look.

"Easier said than done." Carl says softly.

A soft knock at the door, interrupts them, drawing their gaze to the door. "Hello?" A vaguely familiar female voice says softly, "I am sorry to intrude. May I come in?"

Carl looks up at Jim with wide eyes mouthing the word, "Fuck." Which prompts a look of confusion from Jim, answered by Carl mouthing the word, "Sasha."

She knocks softly again, "I know this is a difficult time. My step daughter and step mother were in the car, your sister hit, they would like to know how she is doing."

She stands at the threashold of the door, almost wishing for silence, unable to process any more trauma from the day. "This has been an awful day, I just hope that there is some good news I can take back to everyone."

Carl opens his mouth to send her away, but cannot bring himself to say the words. Jim places a gentle hand on his shoulder. "No more hiding. We step into the light." He whispers. Carl cannot speak, he can only close his eyes and nod.

"Come in." Jim says softly.

"Thank you for seeing me. I am really....." Sasha stops in her tracks, seeing the two men who only a few hours earlier had freed her from her would be kidnappers, "You?"

"Hi." Carl says, sheepishly.

"What the hell is going on?" Sasha asks, incredulously.

"The time for lies and concealment is passed. "Jim removes his facemask, removing his glasses, "Hello Sasha, I am Badger, I am Minh of the Mrenh Kongveal, I am James Okoye and I am your brother."

Carl removes his mask and sunglasses, "Hello Sasha, I am Minh of the Mrenh Kongveal, I am Carl Graves and I am your brother."

Sasha stimbles into the room, slumping into a chair, "This is not possible."' She says weakly, staring into the distance.

Carl and Jim exchange a look, both not sure what to say next. They turn confused, when Sasha begins to laugh, softly at first, then with more force. They look at each other and shrug, unable to fathom why Sasha is laughing, until she speaks between chuckles, "For fucks sake.... Dani!"

"Erm, are you ok?" Carl asks, concerned.

"I bloody knew she was hiding something. Let me guess, Africa. You were at Lund's place and Niki brought you  back too?" Sasha says, shaking her head with a smile, "Well at least today is not all doom and gloom. So are all of us back?"

Jim solemnly shakes his head, "Simon West, Michael Glebe and Matt Freeman's injuries were too severe. Helen Carver is currently missing. Amy Woodruff, Fey is currently in surgery she has a lot of internal injuries and has lost a fair bit of blood. She is tough, thanks to......" Jim pauses for a moment, realising who saved Amy, "Kim?"

Sasha nods, "Yeah it was her." She smiles with a hint of pride.

"Does that mean it was Louise driving the car?" Carl asks, suddenly worried, knowing part of her pattern is wrong, but not sure what or why?

Sasha swallows and her lip quivers for a moment, managing a nod and a weakly spoken, "Yes."

"How is she?" Jim asks, dreading the answer.

Carl leaps from his seat, seeing Sasha begin to cry and helps her to sit. She feels her hand in his as he crouches by her side, "It's alright love. We're here for you."

"When the airbag went off." The words catch in her throat, "She suffered heavy trauma to her stomach." Carl and Jim lean in listening closely as her voice falls to a whisper, "She will be ok, but the baby has an intracranial bleed. It needs an operation to relieve the pressure on it's brain or....." She tails off crying, then she wails, "They will need to operate in the womb, the only doctor with a hope of doing it is in Cardiff, he wont get here in time." Sasha breaks down wracked with sobs.

Carl and Jim move to her side and put their arms around her, unsure of what to say.

Sasha begins to speak in an almost robotic tone, without emotion. "After every thing with Medteqniq and Lund's operation, we destroyed all the PCS we could find. We decided that it was too dangerous. It can reverse aging and bring people back from the dead. Those who could afford it would be able to live forever, medical companies would research PCS and other medicines would fall by the wayside. Those less fortunate would have to beg for help from an industry that would be permanently looking the other way. Nikita spent months strapped to a table, being tortured to extract that stuff. We saw the evil that men do first hand and we were convinced, that no good could come of it." Sasha chokes back tears, "Right now, I wish we had kept some."

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Incredible dramatic, poor Louise - has she not lost enough already? You put Louise through her Paces. You are the King of Drama, [mention]wolfman[/mention] !
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

> "Simon West, Michael Glebe and Matt Freeman's injuries were too severe. Helen Carver is currently missing.
> Amy Woodruff, Fey is currently in surgery she has a lot of internal injuries and has lost a fair bit of blood.

Sentences like that show the extent of the fatalities and injuries. I know I am making one of my stories a little darker, but it won't be to that extent. Your writing is still top notch, Wolfman.

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

slackywacky wrote: 2 years ago > "Simon West, Michael Glebe and Matt Freeman's injuries were too severe. Helen Carver is currently missing.
> Amy Woodruff, Fey is currently in surgery she has a lot of internal injuries and has lost a fair bit of blood.

Sentences like that show the extent of the fatalities and injuries. I know I am making one of my stories a little darker, but it won't be to that extent. Your writing is still top notch, Wolfman.
Thanks mate, that means a lot. I really appreciate it. I must warn you though, the darkness will grow deeper.
Caesar73 wrote: 2 years ago Incredible dramatic, poor Louise - has she not lost enough already? You put Louise through her Paces. You are the King of Drama, [mention]wolfman[/mention] !
The darkness is nothing without the light to balance it my friend. In the same way that the light, needs the darkness to give it value.

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Carl eases out of the embrace for a moment as his phone chimes, with a message from Jim, "I have run a predictive model, PCS would heal the damage to the baby and it would recover. However, we only have enough PCS with us to help Amy or, Louise and the baby, not both."

He locks eyes with Jim and grimly nods, "You know it is the right thing to do."

"Without question. Amy would agree." Jim says with a nods.

Carl nods, then thoughtfully asks, "Is it right that we decide?"

"What are you two on about?" Sasha asks, confused.

"When all else fails, it is always down to us." Jim says, releasing Sasha and removing his shoes. Carl squeezes Sasha's shoulder and steps back removing his shoes also.

"What are you doing?" She asks, wiping her eyes, trying to make sense of her brothers actions.

Jim and Carl both present their ampoules to Sasha, pressing them into her hand, "Take these and save the baby."

Sasha looks at her hand confused, "I don't understand."

"PCS." Carl confirms, "Enough to save the baby."

"How?" Sasha says, open mouthed. "We destroyed it all."

"Harvested from Jim, Hel Fey and I, during our days off." Carl says, warmly, "No pain involved."

Sasha takes the vials from her brothers, with trembling fingers and hugs first Carl and then Jim, whispering, "Thank you."

As the leaves the room and starts running to the room where Louise, Kim and Steve wait unaware, an alarm starts to sound.

Nikita leans back in the cab of the lorry, settling back into the left passenger seat. "This is quite a sweet plan of yours."

Dani smiles to herself, "Stroke of genius, if I do say so. We have about enough Single Malt, to give everyone active on the La Palma operation a case each plus, have a dozen cases left over."

The lorry thunders down the motorway, heading south with its precious cargo safely ensconced in its trailer.

Nikita's smile fades for a moment, "I am really worried about Fey. From what Jim said, she is in a really bad way."

Dani puts her face in her hands, "She is tough, she will make it."

"We should have just come back in one go instead of staggering our arrivals. Now Hel is missing and Fey is in critical condition." Nikita says, trying not to cry. "I just can't believe that Fey flew into Lou's car. This is so screwed up."

"Hey, come on." Dani says taking Nikita's hand, "It will be alright." She smiles suppressing her turmoil. In her mind she feels the part of her that used to be the Zombie, start to engulf her.

Nikita leans forward and looks across at the lorry driver and hopefully asks, "When do you think we will be at Nirvana?"

The wizened face driver looks at his satnav, as is he is a fortune teller scrutinising a casting of runes. In a rich, deep Mid-Lothian accent his voices rumbles, "Four, five hours, depending on traffic 'round Leicester."

"We will soon be there." Dani says, slumping back in her seat and shaking slightly. "The Zombie's pulling me." She says, straining.

"Dani?" Nikita says, watching the colour drain from her sisters face before her eyes. "Are you ok?"

"Something's wrong." Dani says, feeling Nikita tightly grip her hand.

"It's ok babe. I've got you." Nikita says, slipping her arm, around her sisters shoulder.

They sit quietly for the next few miles, eventually the sensation fades. The driver reaches under his seat and pulls a fresh bottle of scotch, offering it to them, "Seems to me you need a wee nip."

Nikita takes the botttle with a gracious, "Thank you." She unscrews the cap and searches for a glass, or cup.

"Go from the bottle love, I wont be partaking." The driver says with a gentle nod.

"Thanks," Dani says with a wan smile, "Rough day."

"Aye. Right say no more." The driver says, pulling out a second bottle for Dani, "You need is greater than mine ladies."

Dani and Nikita clink the necks of their bottles grimly. and toast, "To tomorrow being a better day."

"Does my hair look ok?" Carl asks nervously as he and his brother wait outside the door to Louise's private room.

"You look good." Jim says, wiping his palms against his jeans, "What do you think he will say?"

"I have no idea, his pattern is almost guarded." Carl says, 

"Come in." Sasha says through the door.

They take a breath and nod to each other before they enter the room. Carl leads the way and find himself unable to speak as his gaze traverses the room. Jim follows, stuttering a "H-hi."

"These are the brothers of the accident victim." Sasha says sheepishly, unable to break the news to her father.

Steve smiles at the two men, "Very nice to meet you." He says, with a gentle smile, "Lou, this is James Okoye and Carl Graves. My sons."

Jim, Carl and Sasha exchange a confused look, while Louise beams them a smile, "Nice to meet you, boys."

"You know us?" Carl asks, surprised.

"I had children, that were taken from me before I got to know them. I needed to know you, so that I could at least have some memory of you. I scoured newpapers, social media, school, college and university records and anything I could find. I memorised every photo." He says, with a gentle smile, "It is really good to see you. I have so many questions. But...." He lets the sentence hang in the air.

"But nothing you soppy so and so." Louise says, already seeming brighter from the shots of PCS. "You need this. No actually, we need this."

Steve gazes at her, as if seeing her for the first time, "You really are a remarkable woman, you never cease to surprise me."

"You children are a part of you and I love them for it." She says, beaming a smile that melts him inside.

"Thank you." He says, punctuating his feeling with a tender kiss on her lips.

She laces her fingers with his and smiles at him before turning to Jim, "We have time, why don't you tell us all about yourselves?"

"Well there is myself and Carl as you know, Fey, sorry, Amy is in surgery and we have another sister called Helen, but we can't raise her at the moment. Simon, Matt and Micheal were too far gone to come back."

"Is Helen alright?" Steve asks, cautiosly.

"I checked in with her yesterday morning and she was still in Adelaide, said something about going walkabout." Jim confirms, "She likes the wilds. I am fairly sure she is just in the middle of nowhere without a signal."

"I hope so." Steve says, thoughtfully. He pauses for a moment and then "I always had a feeling that you were still around. A father's prayer, I suppose. I wondered what you were all like."

"Jim?" Louise asks, unsure if he likes Jim or prefers being called James, "I have contacted my people and we have a specialist trauma team on their way to help Amy. We are probably going to be here for a while and I was woondering, would you like to tell us what happened."

"Thank you Louise. We really appreciate that." Jim says, seeing the relief on Carl's face at the news. "Any chance we could get a medic in here?"

"Are you hurt?" Sasha asks, concerned.

"No, but Carl has been shot." Jim says, in a matter of fact tone, before turning to his brother, "How did you get shot anyway? I though you could dodge bullets."

Carl shrugs, "It was when I was putting Sasha in the car, if I had dodged, the bullet she wouldn't have been able to move out of the way, it might have hit the baby."

Sasha stares at him open mouthed, "You took a bullet for me?"

"There was no way I was letting any harm come to you today. For what it's worth, I am sorry we didn't act sooner." Carl says, turning red.

"What were you doing there?" Steve asks, curiously.

"Amy was originally going to get off of her train there and we saw everything unfold as it happened." Jim answers, in a calm tone, "Just pure chance."

"Why Watford?" Steve asks, not satisfied he has the answer he wss looking for.

"We have a facility in Hemel and it is easy to get there from Watford station. We were planning to all meet at the facility and then Nikita, would bring us in." Carl explains, leaning back in his seat.

"What kind of facility?" Louise asks, sensing her husband's disquiet.

"Corporate HQ with onsite CAD and 3D printing facilities." Carl explains, "I got bored one day in the jungle, so designed an off road high powered e-scooter called the Rohumbler. Jim got us parts and the first one was a success, Fey marketed it, Hel drew up contracts and negotiated while Jim and I just kept knocking them out. Before we knew it, we had sold a million units and needed a place to build and test. Then came the Angel unit and the toilets and here we are."

"So from the sounds of it, your company is like Lazarus Advanced." Steve says with a respectful nod.

"Actually, it is Lazarus Advanced." Carl says, sheepishly, turning red.

"Really?" Steve says whistling slowly, "Big business."

"Dani helped us with strategy and we would often brain storm at night about stuff." Carl says, wistfully, "She did so much for us. Then Niki came along as helped us realise what we can do for ourselves."

"I miss Dani too." Steve says, feeling drained.

"We owe her everything really." Jim says, with a gentle smile. 

"Why don't you tell us what happened?" Louise says, with a smile like a spring morning.

"It began in Africa......." Jim starts, letting his mind drift back to where it all started.

Amy lays still on the table, the shallow rise and fall of her chest the only clue to her being alive. Her skin is pale, sweat soaked and  clammy to the touch. Her hair plastered to her head with sweat. The surgeons surround her with exhausted looks on their faces. One by one they remove their masks, revealing same look of fatigue on each of their weary faces.

Each of the surgeons in the room, shake the hand of the lead surgeon with a quiet salutation of "Excellent work.", "Well done.", "Great job."

The head surgeon leaves the room last, looking back at her patient, as the orderly prepare to move her to an intensive care bed, "Well you are a tough cookie, I will give you that. You are in God's hands now."

Amy does not feel, does not see or hear and knows nothing of the injuries she has sustained. Every ounce of her strength is focused on living through this moment.

"Thank you doctor." Jim says, to the surgeon as she leaves the waiting room. He manages to last until the door closes, before letting tears of relief flow down his cheeks.  

Carl hugs him and assures him, "The worst part is over mate. Once Niki gets here she will be able to help her."

"What's going on?" Kim says, sleepily from beneath a thick comfortable blanket. "Who are they?" She asks looking at Jim and Carl.

"Hello Darlin'." Jim says, wiping his eyes and beaming a smile.

Her eyes go wide, "Badger?" She whispers.

He gives a little bow, "The same."

Sasha places a hand on the young woman's shoulder and introduces them properly, "This is Jim and Carl. They are my brothers, your uncles."

"Really?" Kim asks, suddenly wide awake.

"An honour to finally meet you Kim." Carl says, with a smile.

"The young lady who hit out car was our sister Amy. You saved her life." Jim says in a gentle, kind tone.

"No, I didn't." Kim says, her face flushed red.

"You kept your cool, called an ambulance, kept pressure on Amy's wound and stopped her from bleeding to death before the medics arrived." Jim says, rising to his feet to give her a salute, "Today, you are a hero."

"Here here." Carl say, giving her a salute along with Sasha, Steve and Louise.

"I just did what it said in Dani's book." Kim says, shyly.

Nikita steps down from the cab of the lorry, giving the driver a wave and a heartfelt “Thank you.”

“I am glad I was able to get him booked in for a room and spa before he goes back up north. Nice little thank you for a massive favour he has done us.” She thinks waiting for her sister.

Dani falls sideways out of the cabin of the lorry, into Nikita arms. “I am not hammered. The lorry moved and I lost my balance.” She slurs, with a look of absolute concentration.

“Uh-huh. Of course not. Perish the thought.” Nikita says, with a little smile, thinking, “She bottles too much up, it is nice to see her relax a bit in herself for a change. She was starting to blame herself for Fey, I am glad I have been able to break her downward spiral.”

With a wave and a heartfelt thank you they bid him good bye and goodnight, from the entrance of the hospital.

Dani puts a cigarette in her mouth and tries to light it, but her hand is swaying too much.  She shakes the lighter a couple of times and curses, “It’s broken, only got it yesterday.”

Nikita offers her a light, which she readily accepts and draws a deep lungful of smoke, “Thanks babe, you are a lifesaver.” She says, offering the pack to her sister.

Nikita thinks for a moment and decides it might be an idea to have one to steady herself before they go in.

Dani looks her sister in the eye, in a moment of clarity, “Will dad and Sasha ever forgive me?”

“For what?” Nikita asks, gently.

“Keeping the others in hiding.” Dani says, stumbling backwards to lean against a wall. “I mean where do I even begin?”

“Where do we begin, babe? We are in this together.” Nikita blows a plume of smoke skywards, her eyes searching the night sky for answers, “I have no idea.”

“Glad I am not drunk, otherwise it would be a hard conservation.” Dani says, earnestly.

Nikita smiles at her sisters’ slip, “If you were drunk it would be a very difficult conservation indeed.” She pauses, to see if Dani catches on, and then continues, “I don’t know where to start.”

“Dad a funny thing happened when I died in Africa, I bonded with the lioness who Niki got her claws and fangs from. Then found some of my recently resurrected siblings and decided to hide them in Cambodia, while I went a hunting. Myself and Ryan kept them busy with training but, the created a multi-million pound company in their spare time. When Niki followed my last wish to her, she rescued one of them and they raided a compound full of bad people. Then while looking for where I came back from the dead one of my brothers got captured. That was there first mistake, by the way. Thus the Mrenh Kongveal was born and lives in our hearts.” Dani sways a little as she speaks and takes a lungful of tobacco smoke, “Did I miss anything?”

“You forgot that Fey is a trained ninja and skilled warrior, but is unqualified to cross a road.” Nikita says, realising her mistake as soon as the words leave her mouth.

“Fey.” Is all Dani can say, before she is overwhelmed. Nikita throws her arms around her sister hugging her tightly, “I am so sorry. I didn’t mean it like that.”

“We are having a laugh and a joke and she is fighting for her life, what is wrong with us?” Dani says hating herself.

“She is safe, Carl and Jim are watching over her and we will be with her in a few minutes.” Nikita assures her sister, “Given the nature of her injuries, it would look odd if I healed everything and she walked out of there tonight. I am going to speed her recovery but she will still need care. We can be there for her.”

“It’s not just her, What about Hel? Where is she?” Dani asks, trying to compose herself.

“I don’t know. First we make sure Amy is ok. Then we tell dad and Sasha. Then we find Hel. Ok?” Nikita says, feeling her phone beep.

“I guess so.” Dani says weakly.

"No way."' Nikita says to herself, slipping her phone back into her pocket, with trembling fingers, “Babe, I need you to focus. That was Jim.” Nikita gently guides Dani to a nearby seat and sits next to her. “The car Fey landed on was driven By Lou. Lou is in hospital with complications with her baby. Jim and Carl are with her and have given her their PCS. They have told dad everything. He says everyone is waiting.”

“Really?” Dani asks with wide eyed hope.

“Seems to be. I think everything is going to be ok.” Nikita says, with a smile, “It is probably for the best you aren’t hammered though.”

Dani smiles, “Fair point. I might not be hammered but I am hungry though. Would it be ok to take food up?”

“I am sure we can sneak something in. I saw a peri peri chicken shop, down the road. What say we stock up before we rock up?” Nikita says, with a smile. She reaches into her sisters lifepulse and sweeps clear the marks relating to her intoxication, then sways for a moment, as the effect clears her body.

Dani takes a long slow breath, closing and scrunching up her right eye, “Thanks babe. What about the hangover?”

“Nah. I can clear the headache, but it will return straight away, as you are dehydrated from the booze. You need electrolytes.” Nikita says, with a grin passing her a bottle of water and paracetamol.

“Worth asking.” Dani says dry swallowing the pills, then guzzling the water. Then with a look of determination she cries, “To the chicken shop.”

Nikita and Dani walk slowly back towards the hospital each holding a bag containing two buckets of peri peri chicken with onoin rings and chips and another bag with a selection of soft drink cans. "Do you think we got too much?" Nikita asks, thinking about how much food they have bought.

"Nah, Carl will probably monster one of these buckets to be fair." Dani says, with a smile.

Nikita chuckles to herself and extends her senses. Feeling the lifepulses of her family, she smiles, "They all seem at peace." She frowns for a moment, "I wonder where Hel is?"

slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

These twists and turns are surprising not only to your characters, but definitely to your readers.
I know, I sound like a broken record, but great chapter again.

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

slackywacky wrote: 2 years ago These twists and turns are surprising not only to your characters, but definitely to your readers.
I know, I sound like a broken record, but great chapter again.
Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased you are still enjoying it.

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

The cool crisp evening air in the Jericho suburb of New York, gently kisses the back of her neck. This is a place for rich people to call home. The architecture is that of restrained opulence, there is money here, but not counted in the notes of the gauche, rather spending of a more refined taste. The houses here are well spaced and in some areas, such as this one, each house feels like an Island.

Hel crouches in the boughs of a tree, with binoculars trained on her target. She has been motionless for hours, taking on the patience of the tree, waiting for the right moment. Today she escewed, their normal operational attire in favour of a dark grey hooded top, purple sports bra and leggings and dark grey trainers.

Her eyes glaze over for a moment, while she recalls the path that led her here. "The data that Jim secured was excellent. Jim is great at obtaining data, but after my training for the bar exam and hours examining impenetrable legal texts, I am faster at breaking it down." She thinks without ego. "I feel terrible about telling Jim I was going walkabout. But he would not approve of what will happen here."

Hel recalls sifting through the data during that first sleepless night. "Time and again, UN Under Secretary, Lupita Carrillo's name shows on key documents, relating to articles of incorporation and mission statements of T.H.I.S. She is up to her neck in this whole mess."

"T.H.I.S. Is dirty in every way. We have evidence of kidnapping, vivisection and experimentation, just from the files." Hel thinks, calmly, "That is just the tip of the iceberg." She closes her eyes, trying to block out the things, she has seen.

"Just holding the door handle was enough to know her routine. I know roughly where she will be and how she will be dressed." Hel closes her eyes and then silently pledges, "Despite all that my brothers and sisters powers, there are some things, only I can do. They all got abilities from dad, but only I have his darkness."

Hel effortlessly climbs down the tree, letting it tell her how to climb down. She crouches at it's base reflecting for a moment, "It has taken a little practice, but I am getting better at feeling the essential nature of an object and communicating with it." She strokes the trunk of the tree whispers "Thank you."

"Stop stalling Vixen, get in there, let's get this done." Hel thinks, berating herself.

Keeping low, she stalks across the open lot at the back of the house, pressing her back against the back wall of the property, as she crouches under the window. She presses her hand to the wall and focuses, confirming that there are no additional security personel.

She hugs the wall and makes a bee line for the, kitchen door. With confident fingers. she gently tries the handle finding it locked. "Ok, the hard way it is." She thinks pulling out her lock picks, she slides the tensioning rod into the base of the lock and uses a pick to engage the tumblers with ease, letting the lock tell her where to engage. 

Silently, she slips into the property for the second time today. The first time she slipped through this door, she scouted the whole house and spend half an hour sat at the UN under secretary's desk, absorbing as much information as possible, whilst trying not to throw up at the horrors she witnessed.

"No turning back now." She thinks, slipping the picks away and drawing a small single shot, suppressed hold out pistol, loaded with large calibre custom round. This was one of Carl's specials, a hollow point round, drilled deep, with a mercury filling, all sealed in with wax. This was designed to virtually explode on impact.

She avoids the cameras, gliding around the property like a wraith, eventually pausing before the only door with light spilling from under it. She takes a deep breath and gathers her thoughts, preparing to open the door.

Hel's blood is chilled by the gentle call of "Enter.", from within the room.

"Shame, she knows I am here." Hel thinks, annoyed. "I was hoping for the element of surprise."

"Come on, I haven't got all night," Lupita shouts impatiently.

Hel takes a breath in the heat of the moment and reaches for the door handle, she sees the layout of the room with a single touch and knows where her prey stands. After a deep breath, she flicks up the hood of her top and grips the hilt of her handgun in her pocket, before stepping inside.

Hel trains her concealed weapon on Lupita and for just a moment is taken aback, seeing her standing there, "She must be at least six feet tall, barefoot. Works out often, she is toned and ready for anything I could throw at her. She is beautiful in every sense of the word."

The tall statuesque beauty with sculpted looks and honey blonde hair cascading down her shoulders, glares haughtily at Hel. She sets down her bottle of water and fixes Hel with a deathly stare, "You are early." She barks, angrily, "You are supposed to be here in a couple of hours." Lupita resumes brushing her lustrous hair, engrossed almost to the point of ignoring Hel. "You will wait, until I am ready."

"Oh, right." Hel says, deliberately not making eye contact, but thinking, "She wants to be in control and command me like she does everyone else in her life."

"Look at me when I am talking to you. I pay good money for your agencies services. You will respect me." Lupita barks, with fire in her voice.

"I am not who you think I am." Hel says, calmly, raising an eyebrow, pulling the pistol from her pocket.

"Oh, I see. You are not from the escort agency." The towering blonde, says in a soft Seville accent, dripping with malice, "Who are you?" She asks thoughtfully, setting the hair brush down and rising to her feet. Her satin robe hangs open and loose, offering a glimpse of the sheer silk camisole underneath.

"I am Minh." Hel says, calmly. "She has no fear of me. She moves like she has some training, which checks out. Biggest thing is the clothing, carefully selected for its feeling. She savours sensation and presenting herself as a sexual being." Hel observes.

"Oh really?" Lupita asks, noting the gun in her assailants hand, "Are you here to kill me?" She stands defiant, with her hands on her hips and the feet set apart. She glares a challenge at Hel.

"Why would you think that?" Hel asks, playfully. Whilst thinking, "My read from earlier stands up, she is posing, trying to establish dominance."

"T.H.I.S." Lupita says, watching for a reaction.

"Why would I kill you for that?" Hel says, with a playful shrug, "Because it was your brain child? Because you got the funding and set up the infrastructure, but trusted the wrong person? Or because you know what happens at the Eyrie and you turn a blind eye. Or, something worse."

The change in Lupita's body language is subtle, but noticable as, her stance hardens slightly, "Trans Humans are a danger to humanity if left unchecked. I might not agree with what is going on at the Eyrie, but I believe in the mission." She says, slowing her breathing and licking her lips,  savouring the feeling of the confrontation to come.

"If you believe so strongly, why don't you act to restore it's original mission." Hel snaps back.

"What do you know of the mission?" Lupita sneers, swaying slightly.

"You wanted a facility to hold the most dangerous empowered, like Captain Lee Price. But you stepped away and the man you left in charge, decided all Trans Humans were a danger and you said nothing." Helen spits, disdainfully, "For all your supposed integrity, you folded like a napkin, whilst he runs amok, like a crazed fox in a hen house." She snorts in disgust, "At least a napkin would have cleaned up."

"By the time I realised, I was too heavily involved in COVID contingency planning." Lupita says, shaking her head as if trying to shake something loose, that is confounding her.

Hel gives an angry wave of her hand, squaring up to the towering woman across the room from her, "Bullshit, you saw every report, you watched every vivisection you knew everything that was going on. What is worse, you watched with one hand on your mouse and the other between your legs."

"This is for the greater good, they can never be a threat to anyone." Lupita says dismissively, but with indignation burning in her eyes.

"That is why children have been taken from their parents? Innocent people whose only crime, was being different, have been imprisoned." Hel scoffs, "You could have let their actions decide if they deserved their fate. Instead, you consign them to a life of torment and darkness. You are a monster."

"I prevented death before they could cause it." Carrillo says, resolute.

"What a heroine of the people you are?" Hel says, circling right, "You present this visage of composure, professionalism and integrity, but you are weak and venal, as any I have met." She pauses, watching her prey's eyes flutter, "Tell me, how would T.H.I.S. react, if they knew you were a Trans Human?"

Lupita flashes a smile of perfect white teeth, "You have done your research in some respects. Yes, I am empowered. Sadly, the gun will do you no gud. I hav bulletproof skin and don' feel pain. I'm tire of you." Lupita slurs, beginning to sway.

Hel calmly, holsters her weapon, "The gun was a focus for your attention, I don't need bullets to get under your skin." She watches dispassionatesly as Lupita stumbles backwards and trips, falling into her chair. "I just needed to present you with the chance to talk and let your vanity, stupidity and pride, do the rest." 

Hel takes a slow breath and looks Lupita in the eyes, "If you have tried to fight as soon as you realised I was here, you might have had a chance. You have lied, cheated, bombasted and blackmailed to build your empire and gain power. But right now, it means nothing. You are mine."

"How?" Lupita asks, with a mixture of confusion and fear, collapsing to her knees.

"We are everywhere and we know everything. Your life is an open book to us, even your private thoughts are ours for the taking. You surround yourself with a shroud of darkness. But we are armed with the light, we will expose you to the world."

Lupita's thoughts race too fast for her to catch and she is reeling, "Wha's hap'nin' to me?"

Hel removes the body bag from her small backpack and lays it out as she explains. "Every night you get dropped off from your workout, at the gym at half seven. You drop your keys and gym bag by the door and go to the fridge, taking the first bottle of water on the right. Then you start drinking it, as you shower and change."

"You bitch, wha' 've you done to me?" Lupita says, fighting to stay awake.

With cold fury in her eyes, thinking of the photo, that triggered her brothers rampage, she simply says, "Nothing yet."

Midnight

Lupita wakes slowly, unable to open her eyes. Her brain is still addled from the drug and she struggles to make sense of the sensations she feels. She strains her senses but gets no sense of her surroundings, no clue that she is in her private, sound proof panic room.

Hel lifts her hand from the table and leans forward, her lips a hair away from Lupita's ear. "Welcome back." She whispers, "Was beginning to think, I was going to have to take a nap to relieve the boredom."

At the sound of Hel's voice, Lupita begins to thrash on the table and cry out in frustration. Hel covers her mouth with her hand and pinches her nose, whispering, "Settle down."

Lupita thrashes against the heavy plastic wrapping pinning her body and limbs with brutal efficiency and screams into Hel's hand, eventually calming herself and listening to Hel's voice.

"Good girl." Hel says softly, removing her hand from her prisoners mouth. "I think we need to have a little chat, woman to woman."

"What the hell is this? Let me go?" Lupita demands, "My people will find me and tear you limb from limb."

"No, they wont." Hel answers, nonchalantly.

"I have a subcutaneous tracking device and they are probably on their way here as we speak." Lupita says, defiantly.

"You had three actually. Did you know that the tensile resistance of your skin drops when you are unconscious?" Hel calmly asks.

Lupita focuses for a moment, feeling the three cuts and knows that help is not coming, "When I get out of this, I will destroy you."

Helen yawns, "You are secured to the table, by industrial strength pallet wrap, which is tightly pinning your legs together and your arms to your sides. Another layer, is wrapped over it to secure your entire body down onto a solid steel table. All in all you are encased in a cocoon of wrap almost three inches thick. You have no leverage to tear yourself free and your freedom depends on me releasing you." Helen taps Lupita on the forehead with a finger, "No matter who you think you are, or what you can do, you are powerless here."

Hel stands back as her prisoner futilily rails against her bonds, thinking, "So far so good. She is a control freak, in many ways." She smiles, darkly. "She is strong, but she is an open book to me. Her every secret is mine. Her every fear laid out before me. Everything she is, is a tool I will use to destroy her."

"You cannot hurt me. There is nothing you can do to me." Lupita hisses, angrily, "You will get nothing from me."

Hel laughs heartily, "I know your life inside out and everything that you know, I know. I know you are afraid of darkness and enclosed spaces, from when your brother locked you in a cupboard as a child. I know that you pay for girls to come here so you can enact your base desires. I know that you have five favourite videos from the Eyrie, that give you the most pleasure and the toys you use on yourself when watching them. I know where the bodies are buried, and where the money goes. I know everything."

"What do you want from me?" Lupita indignantly snarls, her voice dripping with venom.

"I want to break you, make you beg for mercy that will never come and punish you for setting up your own personal snuff factory." Helen says, whilst thinking, "You will pay for what you have done."

"I feel no pain and I have been trained to resist interrogation by world renowned experts in their fields. There is nothing you can do to me." Lupita says, trying to regain her composure.

Helen sighs, "I trained to be a lawyer, specialising in human rights law. I read of some of the terrible things that man does to man and learned a lot about interrogation techniques." She says, with an easy coolness, "Most techniques used to torture individuals are predecated on the principle that if the subject co-operates then the applied condition is withdrawn."

Lupita listens uneasily and strains, trying in vain to move any of her muscles.

"As a result, most resistance techniques are designed to overcome that and build resistance to continued stimulus." Helen explains, calmly, "However, they are useless when faced with something the subject wants, but is withheld."

Helen runs her hand over the wrap holding her prisoner still, almost tenderly. "You may have noticed that you are helplessly restrained, your head is pinned in place and your bindings prevent your eyes from opening." She gently places a hand on the wrap encasing her victims shoulder, "What you may not have noticed, is the catheter threaded into your urethra. Don't worry, the tap is turned off so you don't mess yourself."

Lupita begins to quietly worry about what this potentially mad woman will do to her.

"Have you begun to wonder why your mouth is uncovered?" Helen asks, in a conversational tone.

Lupita squirms uncomfortably feeling her captor touching the plastic wrap covering her womanhood, "Get the fuck off of me."

"Let's begin." Helen merely smiles, "Just like the victims of T.H.I.S. the only thing you can do, is scream and it will do you as much good as it does for them."

Lupita tries to resist, feeling her captor stroke her breasts through the wrapping and screams "Get the fuck off of me."

Helen waits for her prisoner to calm down before she softly whispers, "I get no pleasure from this." and starts a timer on her phone.

Lupita squirms, as she feels the butterfly vibrator spreading Lupita's labia and the remote controlled bullets inside her activate and slowly increase in power. Helen closes her eyes and rests a hand on the table, feeling the pleasure surge through her victim. She breathes slowly and focuses her mind peeling back the layers of sensation cascading through her and smiles to herself, "Lupita really does hate not being in control. Well if she hates that, she is going to detest tonight."

The UN Secretary moans softly, feeling a smouldering inferno build within her, as the powerful sex toys work their  insidious magic. "Fucking bitch, this is not the way it should be." She moans, feeling a shudder go through her body. "Yes, right there. Uhhnhh." She sighs, and bites her lip. Deep in her core, she feels it rising, like a wave of fire, poised to engulf her soul. Her breathing becomes slow and ragged as she prepares to climax.

Hel focuses on her prey and feels Lupita's body tense of the verge of orgasm. Lupita opens her mouth wide ready to scream, at the very verge of climax and then the vibrators turn off. "No." She howls, frantically struggling, desperate to find a way to finish what the vibrators started.

Hel sits back and waits, keeping a finger on the table monitoring Lupita's pleasure centres, while her prey screams, "You fucking bitch, turn that back on."

Hel simply says, "No." She checks the times on her phone and nods, thinking, "Five minutes, twelve seconds. That's the time to beat." Unhurriedly, she sits back  breathing deeply and slowly, with her hand on the table. 

Lupita screams when the vibrators click back to life once more, this time she closes her eyes, silently preying that the bitch holding her is a bit slow turning them off this time.

She tries to control her breathing, desperate not to give any hint that she feels the fire building in her again. She calls forth images in her mind of her favourite videos and girls from the agency. Especially her Bella, who felates her so thoroughly, while she watches the latest reports from the Eyrie.

Hel sees her prey's thoughts, conducted by the table and focuses, not allowing herself to be distracted. She waits like a spider, watching a fly approach its' web and then at the right moment, she strikes.

Lupita moans pitifully, feeling the vibrators stop, just at the edge climax. Mournfully she thinks to herself, "She knows my thoughts. I cannot hide from her. She owns me."

Hel leans forward and whispers in a mock loving tone, "Yes, I do. Five minutes three seconds."

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Great work [mention]wolfman[/mention]. It is always a pleasure when one of the bad guys is being held accountable. But Hel is dealing with Lupita so very effectively. I will be so happy when you bring us the continuation.
Spy Task Force Completed
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Four A.M.

Lupita openly sobs, as the vibrators become still once more, "God, please. I am sorry. Please I have money, I can get you anything you want." Her body is weak from hours of struggling and even the sweat slicking her skin does nothing to mitigate the effectiveness of her bindings, which hold her as tightly as the moment they were applied.

"How many times have the victims of T.H.I.S. made that same plea?" Hel asks, dispassionately.

"Please." Lupita breathes, barely able to speak.

"ANSWER ME." Hel shouts, for the first time raising her voice.

Lupita flinches involuntarily, "I don't know." She weeps, thinking, "She is going to torture me to death and there is nothing I can do about it."

Hel places a hand on Lupita's chin and pushes down forcing her mouth open. Lupita struggles weakly, unable to close her mouth. Hel drops two pills into her mouth and empties a bottle of water into her mouth. Before she can spit anything out, Hel clamps her hand over Lupita's mouth until she swallows. "That is a little something to stop you from sleeping, no matter how exhausted you are."

"Please don't do this." Lupita begs, weakly.

"You get the same mercy, your victims have had." Hel hisses, turning on the vibrators once more. "See their faces, remember their names, know there suffering."

Ten thirty A.M.

Lupita gives a keening sigh, frustrated once more, "Please." She whispers, her voice trailing off. Her muscles barely feel like her own any more, refusing to follow any of her commands, almost as if the constant burn from exertion, has short circuited them.

Hel sits back, closing her eyes, "I had no idea it would be this hard. I have no sympathy for this bitch, but I don't know how much longer I can do this." She thinks, exhausted.

She is pulled from her thoughts by the hoarse cries of her prisoner, "Please, have mercy."

Hel feels a renewed rage within her and feels energised. She whispers softly, "I will show the same mercy, your people show at the Eyrie."

Lupita weeps anew, shaking her head slowly, mouthing the words, "Please no." as the her tormentors, begin to buzz anew.

The constant strain on Lupita's muscles, finally takes it toll on her ravaged body. Now each movement is agony, but still the vibrators power on, thundering away, building to a climax she will never feel. Despite the drugs in her system, her body and mind can take no more and unconsciousness claims her.

Hel hangs her head and begins to cry, thinking "Finally."

She presses a hand to Lupita's chest, with a sigh, "Still alive." 

The weight of what she has done bears down on her and her back cracks, as she stretches. She stares down at the wrapped form of her prisoner, thinking scornfully, "For all you have done, I wish I could do more."

Midday

Lupita wakes slowly, her muscles burning. Slowly coming to her senses, fearfully she thinks, "What the hell is going on?"

Without warning, memories from the previous few hours flood her mind and she screams, as loudly as her over taxed throat will allow.

She thrashes wildly, but the heavy duty pallet wrap, pinning her arms to her sides and her legs together, with brutal force is still unyielding.

Hel clamps her hand over Lupita's mouth and pinches her nose until she calms down.

"Good girl." Hel says, in a mock motherly tone, releasing her mouth and nose, "Did you really think we were done?"

"Please God, no. No more." Lupita weeps, mournfully. She screams in terror as she feels the vibrator between her legs and thinks about the last time it was turned on.

Hel clamps her hand brutally over her prisoners mouth and cruelly whispers in her ear, "We can take you any time we want. You are nothing before our power. You breath at our discretion, when we permit it."

Lupita writhes weakly, trying to free herself, or speak, or anything. But she is too weak and her captor is too strong, so impossibly strong.

"T.H.I.S. Ends now. You will tear down what you have created and confess your crimes." Hel hisses into Lupita's ear, "Do you understand?"

Lupita exercises the last of her will to weakly shake her head. Hel does not release her mouth or nose, and calmly speaks, "Wrong answer. Try again?"

Lupita shakes her head, fighting for breath, thinking, "I will not die like this."

"I can do this a lot longer than you can. Do yourself a favour, be a good girl try again." Hel calmly, speaks.

Lupita nods reluctantly. Hel releases her mouth and nose and speaks in a silky soft tone, "There's a good girl." She strokes Lupita's chins softly, "There is only one problem."

"What?" Lupita says, gasping for breath.

"I don't think you mean it." She says calmly, clamping her hand over her prisoners mouth and pinching her nose, "T.H.I.S. Ends now. You will tear down what you have created and confess your crimes." Hel whispers into Lupita's ear, "Do you understand?"

Lupita screams and nods frantically. Hel counts to thirty and removes her hand.

Hel lets her breath for a moment, thinking to herself, "It is not enough to get her to say yes. It will only be enough, when she cannot think of saying anything else." She swallows, digging deep into her reserves, then clamps Lupita's nose and mouth, before screaming into her ear, "T.H.I.S. Ends now. You will tear down what you have created and confess your crimes." Hel whispers into Lupita's ear, "Do you understand?"

Five P.M.

"Good girl." Hel says, satisfied that Lupita is sufficiently conditioned on this point.

"Please, I will do as you ask. Please, no more." Lupita begs.

"I believe you Good Girl. Now, why don't you tell me how you are going to do it?" Hel asks, in a silky sweet tone.

In a monotone defeated tone of voice, "First, I will......"

Hel listens as her prisoner speaks, placing a hand on the table next to her, "She is broken. There is nothing in her heart but fear. She is terrified of being put in this position again."

She smiles as Lupita finishes, "Good girl, I am so proud of you. What will happen if you disobey me?" She asks putting an edge to her voice.

Lupita's lip trembles, "I will wake up here and you will torture me until I die. Then you will use a defibrilator and adrenaline to bring me back and continue, until such time as I cannot come back to life."

"Good girl. Well done." Hel says, silently slipping a bottle from her pocket and pouring some onto a cloth. "Breath deeply, there's a good girl."' She whispers seductively, laying the cloth over her victims face.

Lupita is too weak to do anything but breath and allow the chloroform to take effect. Helen touches the table and waits until Lupita is unconscious before she acts.

With nimble fingers, Hel cuts the wrappings holding her prisoner, slipping the discarded plastic into a bag adding the catherter upon its removal. She uses a clean damp cloth to mop the sweat from Lupita's body and discards it into her bag when done. She slips her victim back into her camisole and then carries her upstairs depositing her in her bed.

Over the next few moments, she cleans every surface of her prints and retrieves the bag from the panic room. She returns to Lupita's room and writes the words on the mirror and shower screen of the en suite bathroom, "Good girl" with a bar of soap. "Invisible to the naked eye, but steam will reveal it, just the little extra nudge she needs."

Hel crouches at the foot of the tree, taking one last look at Lupita's house in the predawn light, "I hope I live long enough to forget, what I have done here today."

Weary fingers, pluck the latex prosthetic mask from her face, remove the brown contact lenses and peel off the wig, consigning them to the bag containing the wrap and cloth she used.

She reaches into her pocket and wraps her fingers around the hilt of her pistol, feeling it's comforting weight in her hand. 

Nodding to herself, she smiles and whispers, "Thank you." She slowly withdraws her hand from the pocket and severs her connection to the hard, unfeeling nature of the guns steel. She breathes a sigh of relief and smiles sadly thinking, "I need to see my family."

Midnight

Lupita wakes with a start in the darkened room, her body is slicked in a cold sweat. She sits up as sharply as her exhausted muscles will allow, "Was that a dream?" She sits rocking, with images of her ordeal flashing through her mind.

With shaking legs she staggers to the bathroom and stands before the sink. She fills the bowl with hot water and plungers her face into it to bring her back to her senses. She stands proud and defiant, reaching blindly for a towel. She dabs her face dry and then freezes, seeing the message in the mirror, confirming that her ordeal was real.

Her body trembles with fear as a stream of urine trickles down her leg. She collapses in tears, laying in the foetal position on the floor.

Eventually the tears fade and she feels disgusted at laying in her own pee, after cleaning the floor she climbs into the shower and purges herself under the meltingly hot jet. Feeling more like herself, she turns of the shower and reaches for the door handle. Despite the heat of the steam around her, her body feels like ice, reading another message from her tormentor. She sinks to her knees, flooded with one thought, "I can never escape them."

She crawls back to her room, weakly picking up her phone and dialling a number. The call is answered on the fifth ring, "Hello? Lupita."

"Secretary General, I have a confession to make............" Lupita begins trying to keep her voice even.

Just like she promised.

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Hel hath fury! Powerfully written chapter detailing Hel's vengeance. Revelation and its prequels have had their dark spots. To me, this is the darkest yet. That is not a criticism. Hel's actions fit perfectly with the story. Superbly written as always.
Spy Task Force Completed
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Hi [mention]wolfman[/mention] an I see, I have some catching up to do :) I have to read the last three chapters. Looking forward to it! Incredible work!
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Caesar73 wrote: 2 years ago Hi @wolfman an I see, I have some catching up to do :) I have to read the last three chapters. Looking forward to it! Incredible work!
You have been busy writing your own story, but [mention]wolfman[/mention] is not only adding to his, but also helping you out and reading other stories. He is one busy person. And with the many characters of this story and the time lines, I bet it takes some effort to keep track of everything.

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Caesar73 wrote: 2 years ago Hi @wolfman an I see, I have some catching up to do :) I have to read the last three chapters. Looking forward to it! Incredible work!
You have been busy writing your own story, but @wolfman is not only adding to his, but also helping you out and reading other stories. He is one busy person. And with the many characters of this story and the time lines, I bet it takes some effort to keep track of everything.
Absolutely [mention]slackywacky[/mention] :) And the work of [mention]wolfman[/mention] is impressive. To hold everything together in such a complex tale like Revelation is definitely no easy feature. This is a something to admire.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago Hel hath fury! Powerfully written chapter detailing Hel's vengeance. Revelation and its prequels have had their dark spots. To me, this is the darkest yet. That is not a criticism. Hel's actions fit perfectly with the story. Superbly written as always.
Helen has indeed fury, and Lupita suffers a lot. Helen seems to follow the rule, that everything is justified as long as it get´s the required results, I doubt that her Stefe would approve that. Those last three chapters were increbidly intenes and masterfully executed,
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

GreyLord wrote: 2 years ago Hel hath fury! Powerfully written chapter detailing Hel's vengeance. Revelation and its prequels have had their dark spots. To me, this is the darkest yet. That is not a criticism. Hel's actions fit perfectly with the story. Superbly written as always.
Thank you very much. This is by far the darkest thing I have ever written. Many of the siblings have a supernatural air, Sasha the spirit of vengeance, Nikita the vampire and monster, Dani the Zombie and Amy (Fey) the faerie.

Now we have Hel, the demon. What would be worse than someone who knows what you know with a touch and can read what you feel in real time and only wants to hurt you?
You have been busy writing your own story, but [mention]wolfman[/mention] is not only adding to his, but also helping you out and reading other stories. He is one busy person. And with the many characters of this story and the time lines, I bet it takes some effort to keep track of everything.
I gain a sense of peace from writing and have had some time lately. It has been great to read some of the great stories on here such as your own work, those also by [mention]NotSeen[/mention] and [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] and [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. I find myself driven to push myself to be better, to match my contemporaries.
Caesar73 wrote: 2 years ago
You have been busy writing your own story, but @wolfman is not only adding to his, but also helping you out and reading other stories. He is one busy person. And with the many characters of this story and the time lines, I bet it takes some effort to keep track of everything.
Absolutely [mention]slackywacky[/mention] :) And the work of [mention]wolfman[/mention] is impressive. To hold everything together in such a complex tale like Revelation is definitely no easy feature. This is a something to admire.
Thank you for your kind words, Caesar. The secret is a lot of notes and a half decent memory to track the past and an open mind to see the future of the tale.

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

One day later

"Mmmmph." Kim grunts, quietly straining the free her hands from the zip ties, securing them behind her back. She lays on her bed and contemplates her situation, "I think, I have pulled the ties too tight. There is no way I can pull my hands out of them, or free my feet."

Kim lays back on her bed, with her arms under her in the long t-shirt and shorts she likes to sleep in, squirming to pull her hands free from their bonds. 

She regrets that the tape wrapped around her face is doing to good a job of keeping the socks in her mouth and quietening her cries. "Help is not coming." She thinks sadly. "I was sure I would be able to get free."

Tears of frustration, begin to stream down her cheeks as she pulls painfully on her bindings. "Damn it, Sasha will be so upset. I promised not to try this any more." She thinks, sadly.

The room begins to spin and her breathing quickens, in a panic, she begins to thrash wildly on the bed. Unable to stop herself when she rolls off of the side with a thud. "Mmmmmph." She sighs, realising she is stuck in the gap between the bed and the wall.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Sasha thinks, awake in an instant and on her feet.

"Kim?" She calls out, fearing the worst.

Kim hears her step mother call for her and her tears flow more freely as she tries in vain to free herself.

Her step daughters soft moans galvanise Sasha into action and she races, as fast as she is able to her room, bursting through the door. Calling out Kim's name, in a near panic.

Sasha's eyes search the room frantically for the young woman. Hearing another mumbled cry from behind the bed, she knows where she is. She dashes across the room and gently helps Kim sit on the bed.

She reaches across brushing hair from her step daughters face and cups her chin gently in her hands. "Oh Kim." She sighs sadly, "I thought we were past this."

Kim cannot meet her gaze, she wishes she hadn't silenced herself so well, so that she could apologise.

"You promised me that you wouldn't do anything like this again. This is too dangerous to do on your own." Sasha says, in a hurt tone with tears in her eyes as the volume of her voice increases, "What if there had been a fire? What if you had been hurt? I love you as if you were my daughter, I would never forgive myself if anything happened to you."

Kim struggles and frantically tries to speak, only succeeding in producing an incoherent mumble.

Sasha gently places her hands on her step-daughter's shoulders to hold the young woman still. When Kim's struggles slow and cease, Sasha reaches up and laces her hands behind Kim's neck, "I am sorry I shouted at you darling. But you really scared me, when I came in here and couldn't see you I was terrified that you had gone. You really scared me."

Kim gazes into Sasha's eyes and sees the fear and love in her step mothers heart. In that moment, the young woman's heart breaks for hurting Sasha. She looks at her step mother with pleading eyes, thinking, "Please take my gag off, I am so sorry. I never wanted to hurt you. I just wanted to be a better big sister and be able to get myself out of danger, sio I can always be there to help you."

Sasha dries her eyes, and gently begins, "As I get closer to the baby coming, I won't be able to do as much. When your dad isn't here, I am going to need to rely on you." Sasha says, unlacing her fingers and gently rubbing Kim's shoulder, "I can't do that if you keep practicing things like this, behind my back. I need to be able to trust you."

Kim looks up at Sasha, desperate to speak, but only able to produce mewling and whining grunts. Tears form in the young womans eyes, as she tries to says, "You can rely on me, I will never do this again. I swear."

Sasha pulls Kim close, as the young woman starts to cry. "Oh Kim, you soppy sausage." 

When Kim's body stops shaking from crying, Sasha says dries her eyes and releases her from the embrace. She rises to her feet, standing at the foot of the bed. Kim looks up at her confused, "Is she going to leave me here?" She thinks as she starts struggling anew.

Sasha gives a gentle smile, "Close you eyes and think about Dani's book. Did it have a page on what to do if tied with zip ties? Can you remember it?"

Kim visualises the book and sees the index, finding the page and going to it in her mind. The instructions she sees are clear and seem simpe enough, "Slide your hands under your bum, then slip them past your legs. Once they are in front of you, slam your wrists into your hips."

Sasha watches as Kim does as the book instruct, then smiles as Kim snaps her wrist bindings, "Well done. Will you be able to get yourself loose from here?" She asks, with a smile.

Kim nods, trying to give a thank you, but foiled once more by the cloth held in her mouth.

"I am going to make some pancakes. Come through to the kitchen when you are free." Sasha says, with a smile, "I think we need to have a talk."

Kim quickly frees her ankles, but struggles to pull the tape off without it hurting. With time and effort, she is soon completely free and pulling the socks from her mouth. 

She rolls off of the bed, landing on her feet and heads for the bathroom. She wipes the tape residue from her face with a damp wash cloth and stares at her reflection in the mirror.

Sheepishly she walks to the kitchen, to stand in the doorway. Kim watches Sasha as she flips pancakes and lays them onto plates. "I'm sorry Sasha." She says, staring at the floor. "I made you a promise and I broke my word."

Sasha turns to the doorway, with a supportive smile, "It's alright. Come here." She says extending an arm.

Kim curls into her side and accepts a one armed hug, While Sasha flips another pancake. "I get it, you know."

Kim speaks quietly, "How could you? You are one of the toughest women I know."

Sasha chuckles, "No matter how good I get, I still worry about not being good enough to face trouble when it comes. I still train, when I get a chance."

"I thought it came so naturally to you." Kim says shocked.

"In some ways, it does, I am a world class fighter, gymnast and athlete and am pretty good with a gun. But, I still worry about the threat I am not ready for." Sasha admits, then pauses for a moment, "Can I tell you a secret?"

Kim looks up at her step mother wide-eyed, and nods, "I wont tell anyone, I promise."

Sasha sets down the pan, taking it off of the heat, "I wish I didn't have any kind of special abilities and that we could live a normal life."

"Really?" Kim asks unable to believe it.

"Everyone expects me to be this heroic badass, twenty four seven. I just want a normal life with you, your dad and the baby." Sasha confesses. "I don't want you to have a life where you are in constant danger and you feel you have to sacrifice your happiness and adolescence. I want you to enjoy life, to be happy and chase your dreams."

Kim puts her arms round Sasha and hugs her, struggling to find the words, "I want to be good enough to be a part of this family."

Sasha's heart breaks at the sound of the young womans words, "Oh darling, you have nothing to worry about, especially after the way you handled yourself after we crashed, believe me you have nothing to prove." She says hugging her step daughter. "You kept your cool and saved Fey's life. Not only that you did a great job calling for an ambulance. Just like upstairs, escaping from your bindings, you focused, thought about it and did what you needed to do. "

"Thank you Sasha." Kim says, filled with pride, "Would it be alright if we spent some time together today?" She asks hopefully.

"I agreed to meet with Dani and Niki for a girls day, Lou and Kate might join us a little later." Sasha says with an inscrutable look.

"Oh, ok." Kim says, crestfallen.

"Would you like to join us?" Sasha asks with a gentle smile. "We are probably going to do some Tai Chi, go for a swim and maybe have a spa treatment or two."

Kim is overwhelmed, "Do you mean it?"

"Yes. It would be great if you could join us.." Sasha says, gently.

"I would really love that." Kim says, unable to believe it. "Could I maybe get my nails done?"

"Hmmmmm, finger nails or toe nails?" Sasha asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Errr, I am not sure." Kim says, unable to decide.

"That is settled then." Sasha says with a nod. "Fingers and toes, it is."

"Really?" Kim says, overwhelmed, "But that is so expensive."

"Think of it as your reward for saving Amy and being all round brilliant." She says, still unused to calling her Fey, "Speaking of which, she would like to see you."

"Will you come in with me?" Kim asks, feeling nervous.

"Of course, I will." Sasha smiles, thinking "Everything is so overwhelming for her at the moment."

Fey lays back on her bed, rubbing her hands over the soft sheets and letting herself sink into the mattress. She sighs, "I am over being annoyed about this." She thinks with a little smile, "My accident and injuries are officially logged with the police, it would arouse too many questions for Niki just to wipe my injuries away in one go. The thought of a few weeks in bed, upset me at first, but you know what?" She asks herself looking around the luxury room in the Nirvana treatment centre. "Full WiFi, massive telly, personal chef, regular physio, pool and my family all around. This is like the best holiday ever."

She looks down at her body and the various dressings around her arms and stomach. "At least the pins have gone."

She pushes the button on the side of the bed and eases herself into a seating position, "I hope Hel is alright.  She sounded strange on the phone when she called last night." 

Fey recalls the strain in Hel's voice as they spoke, "I don't need her powers to know that she was in pain. She wouldn't tell me what happened, but it must have been bad."

She stiffly rises from the bed and moves to a chair on the balcony, collecting a glass of ice cold orange juice on the way. She leans back on the recliner and loses herself in the cool breeze, caressing the areas of her skin that were exposed. As her mind drifts, she thinks of the call with Hel. "It was a strange call, she said she heard I was in a crash and was sorry she couldn't be here. She was evasive when I asked when she was coming making it sound like she had some kind of unfinished business. I am worried that she is in the process of doing something stupid."

Fey closes her eyes and takes a sip of orange juice, savouring the sharp sweet taste and the cool sensation as it trickles down her throat. "I need to speak to Jim." She thinks pulling her phone and hastily writing a text.

She is brought back to her senses, by a gentle knock at the door. She struggles to her feet and slowly returns to her bed, call out, "Come in."

The door slowly opens, as she reaches the bed. "Is this a good time?" Her newly reunited sister asks brightly.

"Hey you. Come on in." Fey says, flopping down on to the bed.

"I have brought someone to meet you." Sasha says, warmly. She turns to an unseen figure in the hallway and speaks gently, "It's alright, in you go."

Kim nervously steps into view and crosses the threshold into the room, nervously she says, "Hi."

Fey beams an incandescent smile, "There she is. Hello Kim. It is very nice to meet you."

Kim smiles shyly, "Nice to meet you too."

"Come and sit with me. I want to say thank you properly." Fey say, beckoning the young woman to a chair.

Kim sits looking up at her aunt, before Fey can say another word, Kim speaks, "You are so pretty, I love your hair."

Fey grins back at her new niece, "You are really pretty too and very brave too." Prompting Kim to turn scarlet with embarrassment, as Fey continues, "Thank you for saving my life. Without you, I wouldn't be alive today."

"I just did what it said in Dani's book." Kim says, sheepishly.

Fey moves with a speed that belies her condition and takes Kim's hand, looking her in the eye, "It may have been in her book, but it was you that acted. You that stopped me from bleeding out and you that called the ambulance. Regardless of anything else in your mind, or doubts you have about yourself, you saved my life and everything I do from now on, is due to your actions."

Humbled, Kim's eyes moisten and the words catch in her throat. Fey eases herself off of the bed and hugs Fey, "Thank you."

Sasha watches from the doorway, filled with pride at the girl, she is proud to have seen become a young woman.

Lazarus Advanced Headquarters, Hemel Hempstead.

Carl smoothes down his waistcoat and straigthen his tie, with a sip of water he thinks, "This is the most important pitch meeting of my life. Don't screw it up."

The boardrooms shutters close and the lights dim until only he and the screen are illuminated. "Good afternoon one and all. Welcome to the future of search and rescue operations."

With a buzz a single drone, zips across the room , coming to rest in a pool of light for all to see. "Here we have the Hornet. A reusable search and rescue drone, equipped with a full sensor suite including, thermal imaging, directional audio triangulation, visual recognition, threat detection, air quality sensors, and terrain contour matching."

Carl takes another sip of water before continuing, "This drone will map a set area roughly the size of a square kilometer and then feedback data to the base control unit. At this point the Hornet will land and go into a low power mode supported with solar  charging to maintain a sensor map of its area and also begin seismic monitoring, to assist in the search for those who has been buried under collapsed buildings."

"How much use is one of these drones?" A question from a remote speaker.

"Very good question. The truth is that these units are not deployed individually, they are designed to be deployed in networked groups to survey much larger areas. Multiple units may be networked together through the same base unit. With a single base unit it is possible to network up to fifty Hornets, covering a seven kilometer square area. Within this area, the hornets also act as WiFi repeaters, creating a temporary communication grid, for your teams." Carl says trying to keep his cool.

The presentation continues, with discussions of specification and assurances about the security of proprietary technologies and an hour later, the remote participants of the meeting sign off leaving Carl and his two most honoured guests in the board room.

"I think we should take a dozen of these and a base unit for evaluation." Kate says, impressed.

"I agree completely. The options with this are....." Steve pauses, searching for the right words, "Game changing. To say the least."

Carl breathes a sigh of relief, before commanding the lights to raise and the blinds to open, "To be honest the idea came from a conversation with Niki. She gave us a starting point, we worked out the rest."

"You really are smart, aren't you?" Kate asks, thoughtfully.

"I have always been quite technical. I guess I have a knack for figuring things out. Jim is great at finding information too, we make a good team." Carl admits, going a little red, "We are a great team."

"It looks that way. How many products do you have out there?" Steve asks, feeling a sense of pride.

Carl shrugs, "Maybe a dozen lines with a number of products per line."

Kate whistles and raises her eyebrows, "You have been busy."

"We had a lot of time to kill, we didn't train constantly and Dani was away a lot, so we brainstormed a bit." Carl explains with a nostalgic smile.

"Any good stuff you haven't released to the public." Steve asks, feeling like a kid in a sweet shop.

Carl doesn't speak, he merely gives a smile as his answer.

United Nations Head Quarters, New York.

The assembled press gather nervously before the podium, the room is filled with the nervous burble of conversation. There had been chatter for the last day or so about some damning announcement due imminently, but all of their sources were quiet regarding the nature of the announcement.

All conversation ceases, as the main lights dim and the podium becomes illuminated, the reporters gasp seeing Lupita Carrillo emerge from the wings of the stage and approach the podium. Her usually crisp and elegant style replaced by a crumpled trouser suit, with loose fitting linen trousers and jacket atop a formless cotton blouse. Her normally neatly coiffred hair, hanging loose about her face, worn as a mask to hide her shame.

She places her hands on the edges of the podium composing herself, before she can speak. One of the conditions of her co-operation with international authorities was that she make a personal statement of regret to the world to ensure that nothing was covered up.

Her voice cracks as she speaks, "My name is Lupita Carrillo, until two days ago, I was an Under Secretary of the United Nations." She hangs her head and takes a deep breath, "I am here to inform you of a conspiracy within the United Nations, which has resulted in the illegal detention, execution and assassination of individuals with greater than human abilities. This is a conspiracy of which, I was the founding member."

At this point, reporters from organisations across the globe begin throwing questions at the speaker. A booming voice rings out, confirming that no questions will be answered at this point. When the questions die down, she speaks again, "I am guilty of founding a covert organisation within the United Nations, using its funds but in contravention of its' guiding principles. The purpose of this conspiracy was for the protection of humanity by the rising threat of those empowered with extra human abilities who posed a threat to humanity as a whole."

She pauses taking a sip of water, before continuing, "In so doing, those of us who were involved, forgot our own humanity. The aims became those of extermination, rather than protection and rehabilitation. As a result of the section I established, several hundred people have been incarcerated and lost their lives..........." 

And so she continues.

Nirvana academy, Nikita's cottage.

Jim reclines on the sun lounger in the back garden and sips an ice cold mojito. To anyone observing him, they would think that he is just enjoying the sun. But nothing could be further from the truth.

Since getting a message from Fey a few hours ago, he had been on the prowl, stalking the digital corridors of the world.

With dogged persistence, he searches any online he can find for signs of Hel, in the last hour his programs have scoured video feeds from across Europe and Australia and the search continues, "Where are you babe?" He asks, launching a fresh tranche of programs to scour the Americas. "Please don't be in the U.S."

Images flash before his eyes at light speed, dismissed as quickly, as they are summoned. With trepidation he thinks, "I should have known something was wrong when she said she was going on walkabout. I should have searched for her sooner."

"She knows my methods, she knows what I look for. She will know how to hide from me." He realises with a sinking heart.

"Ok think Badger. How can you find her, without using your normal methods? Card tracking is out, she will snatch and dispose of third party cards on a whim?" He thinks, reviewing his normal protocols, "She will be able to spot and avoid any fixed position cameras such as, traffic cameras, shop security feeds and ATM security cameras."

"Think." Jim curses himself, as his programs from Asia return no hits. In his mind he is creating dozens upon dozens of new badger protocols to send out, "New plan. Social media, peripheral figures and presence of voice print in background noise. News feeds, stock footage and background shots. Public transportation, vehicular CCTV, focusing on those not inside vehicles. Telco audio, background noise match to Hel's voice print."

He closes his eyes, and takes a slow deep breath after he sends his badgers into the world. Casually he reaches down next to his chair and brings the drink back to his lips, taking a slow draft.

Jim almost falls off his chair as a number of programes he set in place based upon the intel he obtained as a result of his capture, highlight activity from a number of email addresses. 

In less than a minute, he registers a hundred emails all marked "Fatal Riposte Protocol."

He drops his drink and with wide eyes he exclaims aloud, "I have to warn the others."

Jim jumps to his feet and begins to run, towards the door, just as a signal jammer cuts communications for the facility.

slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Things are going to be a bit intense (again). Great chapter.

GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

slackywacky wrote:Things are going to be a bit intense (again). Great chapter.
Indeed they are! That was a great TUG scene with Kim. Then you moved on ending with more of the ever building suspense due to Hel and now the search for Hel. I wish that I had more skill with words so that I could adequately describe just how good this story is.
Spy Task Force Completed
OldTUGger
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by OldTUGger »

I've got to admit, you have a special gift for keeping your readers on tenterhooks. Well done, sir!
Links to all of my stories can be found here in the Story Catalog: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=6023
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

The Scene with Kim and the Conversation with Sasha? These are scenes which I always admire [mention]wolfman[/mention] !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic