Camp & Scout tug Games

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Camp & Scout tug Games

Post by Canuck100 »

From the archives, but still interesting

Wednesday, July 28th 2004 - 10:21:48 AM

Camp game

Found this on the web, in a "games for youth groups" web site. The last 2 paragraphs are particularly interesting...

Straw in a Haystack

Here's an outdoor after-dark variation on the game Mission Impossible. Kids can play on teams or play every man for himself. At one end of the playing area, set up a station where players receive a twist tie, peanut, a toothpick, or other small object. Twist ties work well because players must wear them around their fingers and cannot take them off or otherwise hide them in an effort to cheat during the game.

On your signal, players enter the playing area and look for two token-carriers hiding somewhere within the boundaries. These players wear glow sticks around their necks to distinguish them from other players.

Once a player finds a token-carrier, she trades in her peanut to get a drinking straw, a rubber band, a sticker, a button, or other small object, and returns to the starting point. If she gets back safely and hands over her straw, she'll receive points for the new object.

For a variation, use several token-carriers. Each can wear a different-colored glow stick and hold a bag full of different objects for trades. Make each object worth a different point value. One token-carrier could have buttons, another rubber bands, a third drinking straws, and so on. So a player starts out with a twist tie and makes a trade with each token-carrier, then turns in his traded objects back at headquarters to win.

But there's a catch, naturally. Adult staff members with flashlights - gunners - are out and about trying to catch the kids. If a player is hit with a beam of light by the gunner, he can't run away. He must relinquish whatever object he's holding at the time and he gets no points for that exchange. A player caught by a gunner must return to the starting point, get new peanuts, and restart the quest.

Another variation is to give each gunner a roll of duct tape to carry. When a gunner catches one of the players, she not only confiscates the player's token, but she also gets to duct tape the player. If the player makes a run for it, all the gunner has to do is shout, and the other gunners will join in the pursuit. Very seldom does a student escape, and then he gets taped up even more because he tried to run.

Make some rules about where the gunners can put tape on the kids, like no taping above the neck or putting tape on bare skin. They can be as creative as they like in their tape jobs by mummifying players or taping one hand to a leg. And if they catch two or three players at once, they can tape them together. The team or individual who finishes with the most points wins.

Canuck

Any other Camp Games that you know about involved tying up people?
Last edited by Canuck100 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

Wednesday, January 19th 2005 - 08:13:38 PM

Game suggested on a Youth web site

Found this on a Youth Group web site, as a suggested group activity. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

Houdini

Have three pairs (boy and girl) come to the front of the group. Give each girl a 20-foot-length of rope. The girls have three minutes to tie up the boys as tightly as possible. After they are tied up, the guys race to see who can get completely out of the rope in the fastest time. The guy who gets untied the quickest wins a prize for his pair. Encourage the girls to tie up the guys as tightly as they possibly can, by having the guys, perhaps, lie down on their stomachs and then tying their hands and feet together.

The game was actually found in a book:

Games 3
300 wild, wacky, youth group-tested games and tips

Canuck
canuck100@hotmail.com
Bubblelubble33
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Bubblelubble33 »

Hey, really loving the ideas here. I wonder if anyone has any ideas for good capture the flag variations or perhaps also any types of “war games” involving bondage?
YourCaptor75
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by YourCaptor75 »

First time I ever tied someone was a youth group game to tape someone to a wall, to see how long we could get them to stay up there.
Our captive was poking fun at our (admittedly disorganized) taping, and I remember pausing for a moment, and tightly tapegagging him. Very satisfying.
Later, I experimented with tying up several buddies from that youth group. Good times.
banshee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by banshee »

Man from what I see in the book's index there's a lot of fetish fuel in the suggested games, not only the "bondage" ones like the one you mentioned and "duct tape challenge" but there's also some names like "kiss my feet" in there. But maybe it is my mind that twists those names to fit certain fetishes, who knows.
DallasNotAustin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DallasNotAustin »

I always wonder what my childhood would've been like if I had gotten in on games like this, the adults I grew up around were always so conservative. Seems like you need willing adults for a lot of these however, I'd be interested to see how it'd all play out in a real life setting though.
Your local catboy maid & sock enthusiast.

If you're reading this, you can do me a huge favor and have a great day!
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

Another TUG from the archive, from one of our regular posters, [mention]drawscore[/mention]

Thursday, July 21st 2005 - 08:08:47 PM

Fun and Games

When I was young, we used to play a version of "hide and go seek" with a different set of rules. Whoever was "it" was tied and gagged at the "base," and the rest of us had until he got loose, to run and hide.

We never tied "it" very well, since we wanted him to get loose and chase after us, but when "it" caught the players, he tied and gagged us the best he could, because if we got loose, we were back in the game, and he's have to catch and tie us all over again.

The "base" was sometimes outside, but more often than not, one of us would volunteer our bedroom. "It" would occasionally take the shoes of those he caught, so even if they did get loose, they wouldn't go outside, and thus, be in the house, and easier to recapture.

Drawscore

Drawscore
drawscore@yahoo.com
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

Another one from [mention]drawscore[/mention] in the archives :

Friday, August 19th 2005 - 07:09:49 PM

Old News

I had some time on my hands, and used it to peruse the archives. In this perusal, back in August 99, I came across a story by "Burke," which was criticized by a "Harmonizer45" for implying that there was some "official aspect" to a scout game called "Hog Tie the Rustler."

As someone who was involved in Scouts in the late 50's and early 60's, I found the reference to the "Boy Scout Program Quarterly" to be accurate. Such a publication did exist. But my curiosity was piqued, and, after several trips to the local scout council office, where they have a huge library of old scout publications, I finally found that Burke was speaking the truth, although his time frame may have been a little off.

The issue in question, is the Boy Scout Program Quarterly, Fall 1960. The game is on page 16.

OK, this is six years old, but there is a bit of a thrill in solving a "cold case."

Drawscore
drawscore@yahoo.com
USA
Last edited by Canuck100 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

My scout's troupe was never really into bondage games, but quite decent with rope (and there was a lot). I do not recall any gags being used (save for maybe once, but that was just a piece of clear tape). Also, real tie-ups were rare, so this list might be a little dull.

- A few simple games involved having two (or more) kids have their ankles tied together and have to race with other teams. With five in a circle, walking gets really interesting.

- Some wrestling like games in which sometimes ropes were (unintentionally) involved. I recall at least one British Buldogg game in which someone was tied. There were just many boys and it was common to wrestle with them. Only, for safety reasons, such things never took long.

- Puzzles like these or in much larger groups. Again, not really bondage, but you got your wrists tied. Also some obstacle courses with a handicap, like handcuffs (of rope) or blindfolds.

- Once, one counselor got 'kidnapped' and we had to track her down. This was just a simple excuse to get the children for a hike, but she was indeed tied up against a tree. I was 7, and she was my 16-year-old older girl next door. Weird times. Another time, one of the counselors fell asleep and was taped to his chair.

- I recall some capture the flag game with living flags (counselors) who were also tied but don't remember the context. Similarly, during such games, I have seen some of the weaker counselors getting tied, but only the smaller ones. Again, it could have been in the rules can also have evolved like this naturally.
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

Thanks for your contribution, [mention]Beaumains[/mention]

Here's another one from the archives :

-----------------------------------------------------

Sunday, November 13th 2005 - 08:09:24 AM

Tied up game to try
All Tied Up

Players: 8 or more
Equipment: A ball of soft string for each team (with the same length of string on each)
Preparation: None

This funny relay calls for two teams of 4 or more players. The teams line up side by side and face each other. The first player on each team is given the ball of string. Then at a starting signal, the first player holds onto the end of the string and hands the ball to the next player. The next one holds onto the string and unwinds enough so that he or she can pass the ball along to Player #3. The ball is handed along the line, unrolling as it goes.

When the ball of string gets to the person at the far end of the line, that player hands the ball behind his or her back to the player it just came from. That player passes it back, with each player holding on as well as possible, till it gets to the front of the line. Then Player #1 pulls the string around and starts handing the ball along towards the end of the line again.

You see what's happening? The teams are getting wrapped up by the string. The first team to get wrapped up and use all the string wins.
Now you can have an untying relay with the same rules, as each team tries to untie itself first.

Boy4me2c
boy4me2c@hotmail.com
Bubblelubble33
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Bubblelubble33 »

Sound like lots of fun :D
I wonder if anyone have any examples of ideas of types of “war” bondage games between different teams. Just straight up capturing each other. And in addition, any types of capture the flag or paintball variations with bondage involved officially, not just by accident
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic