Buying Rope Question

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
WillHBonney
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Buying Rope Question

Post by WillHBonney »

So my girlfriend and I normally use scarves when tying one and other up but recently I’ve been looking into getting some ropes instead.
Most of the sites I’ve looked at sell bondage rope in lengths of either 5 metres or 10 metres.
We normally do hogties or chair ties so these lengths seem a little long for a single rope.

Is it common to buy a 10 metre rope and cut it into smaller lengths?
Ropelover28nj

Post by Ropelover28nj »

I feel like that sounds normal, so 10 meters is about 30ft(dont use metrics here) when I would do self bondage id use about 6ft for my wrists,12 for my ankles,16 below the knees and 18-20 for above the knees, upper body wouldn't suprise me to have to use the whole 10 meters,but im not an expert, just sharing my thoughts 🙂
FacelessMage
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FacelessMage »

WillHBonney wrote: 3 years ago So my girlfriend and I normally use scarves when tying one and other up but recently I’ve been looking into getting some ropes instead.
Most of the sites I’ve looked at sell bondage rope in lengths of either 5 metres or 10 metres.
We normally do hogties or chair ties so these lengths seem a little long for a single rope.

Is it common to buy a 10 metre rope and cut it into smaller lengths?
Id recommend a few different lengths. For simple column ties, 10-15ft will do. Harness ties i recommend 30-50ft. And a few smaller pieces of like 6ft rope for connections. I generally use 6-8mm natural fiber rope for floor bondage (hemp or jute) and 10mm+ for suspension.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

As a boy, I usually used 5-8 feet of rope to tie the hands; 8-12 feet for the ankles; 12-18 feet for the arms, and 8-12 feet for the legs. The standard was quarter inch cotton clothesline, available in most grocery and hardware stores. Didn't use tape very much. You could only use it once, while rope could be used over and over.

We also used one eighth inch rawhide boot laces, but their use was limited, as they were only six feet long. Other leather/rawhide came from baseball glove re-stringing kits, about the same size as the bootlaces, but a little wider and flatter. Again, just six feet long.

We used strips torn from sheets, too. These were 7-8 feet long, and not only could we tie someone with them; they made good gags, as well. Their original purpose was for bandages for our first aid kits, but after we had enough bandages, we used what was left over, to tie and gag each other. Later, we came off a quarter, bought another sheet from the thrift store, and tore it into strips, too,

Drawscore
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

WillHBonney wrote: 3 years ago Is it common to buy a 10 metre rope and cut it into smaller lengths?
To answer your original question.
Yes. It is very common.

Cut the rope up to desired length and use gaffer tape or instant superglue (think Gorilla glue) to tidy up the ends.

The most important thing you wanna check before buying rope is the thickness of it and the way it's made.
Look for "solid braided" or "densely braided". Avoid everything else.
Make sure you get 3/8" (10mm) thick rope. Anything under 5/16" (8mm) is terrible and will cut off blood flow.

Keep us posted.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic