You ever wonder where they are now?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
TomYi
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

You ever wonder where they are now?

Post by TomYi »

You know those members that used to contribute here a lot, but then one day just stopped? Some of them used to post pretty good content, and most of them seem like good people. Do you ever wonder what's happened to them since that last login from months (or even years) ago?

Maybe it's just because of this awful year, but for some reason or another, my mind always goes somewhere sad with this question. Did they not escape from the virus? Did they fall out of bondage, or did they break up with the partner that they used to write so lovingly about?

I know that I have no personal reason to become attached or anything, but those colored usernames and pirated profile pics were all human beings, and it's only right to wish them all the best. Sometimes I just wish that the forum had the chance to say a proper goodbye.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

I just did a "master reset" on this topic post to give this post a "fresh start." If you have something to contribute, it needs to be on topic and non toxic.
WillHBonney
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by WillHBonney »

TomYi wrote: 3 years ago Sometimes I just wish that the forum had the chance to say a proper goodbye.
Perhaps we could create a thread for this similar to the introduction thread? Somewhere for people to ‘announce’ that they are leaving the site or that they are going to take a break for a lengthy period.

Obviously not for posts like “I’m leaving because users x, y and z said nasty things about my stories and now I’m mad!” But more for posts like “work is getting pretty hectic so I’m going to take a break from this site for a few months” etc.

Maybe the existence of such a thread would encourage people to give us the chance to say cheerio.
Just an idea :)
Last edited by WillHBonney 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
WAMGuy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by WAMGuy »

Yeah, there are definite times when I wonder!

The two that immediately spring to mind are Blondebound and someone whose username I can't remember who posted pictures of themselves in bondage (I remember a Jack Frost cosplay and a few pictures of him in the boot of a car). They both just kind of disappeared and I'll admit to wondering about what happened with them every so often.

Whatever did, like you said, I wish them the best!
Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gagfan »

It’s always unfortunate when long term or active posters just disappear into the void. It happens though, almost never due to anything bad fortunately! People just sort of drift away, especially in this day and age where message boards aren’t the popular format they once were!
For my stories I haven't gotten around to posting here: https://gagfan.wordpress.com/
NeedControl
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NeedControl »

[mention]TomYi[/mention] this is such a kind, caring post! I really appreciate your heartfelt thoughts and your clear explanation of what you're feeling (which can be difficult to describe in the best of times!).

Thank you for sharing this. I too have felt that vague sense of disconnection and loss that you speak about, along with questions that seem to have no hope of being answered. Likewise I have multiple times disappeared for long periods when life got busy, I was travelling the world, etc, so I've probably contributed to some of this sort of angst!

I really think we could all benefit from a structured, informal way to discuss departures and absences, and I hope that this conversation will get some more attention and public thoughts from others!
DuctTapeIsSilver
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by DuctTapeIsSilver »

I have also always wondered why some have left, but it could be many reasons from personal to work obligations, etc, etc. Sadly, it's just like my real bondage experiences, some of the best guys that have tied me up have vanished.
** DMs OPEN TO 18/21+ ONLY **
On Recon, Telegram, X (Twitter) and Discord.
m/m 18+ only, please
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

I can think of four, whose contributions I miss:

Stevie, Cowboy, Max87, and Elusinius. I did hear that Elusinius died, and at a fairly young age - early 60's. Have not been able to confirm that. Just before he left, he was saying he was within a couple of years of retiring, and talking about retirement in the Portland, Oregon area. Considering the turmoil that hit Portland in the last few years, I think I'd choose The Villages in Florida as a retirement home.

Drawscore
DuctTapeIsSilver
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by DuctTapeIsSilver »

I didn't know Elusinius died. That's sad to hear and 60s is too young. :(

I do remember Cowboy and Max. I think Max had some of the best stories.
drawscore wrote: 1 year ago I can think of four, whose contributions I miss:

Stevie, Cowboy, Max87, and Elusinius. I did hear that Elusinius died, and at a fairly young age - early 60's. Have not been able to confirm that. Just before he left, he was saying he was within a couple of years of retiring, and talking about retirement in the Portland, Oregon area. Considering the turmoil that hit Portland in the last few years, I think I'd choose The Villages in Florida as a retirement home.

Drawscore
** DMs OPEN TO 18/21+ ONLY **
On Recon, Telegram, X (Twitter) and Discord.
m/m 18+ only, please
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

It would be nice if Snowbound booked in again. I know he was becoming somewhat conflicted between his kink-writing and his profession but I miss his joyously mucky writing.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

DuctTapeIsSilver wrote: 1 year ago I didn't know Elusinius died. That's sad to hear and 60s is too young. :(
Don't know that he did. Just heard that he did, and never got any confirmation on it.

Drawscore
andrewtied

Post by andrewtied »

i hope NemsisesPrime is doing ok he was my best friend we would RP a lot when we can and i miss that dynamic but overall life moves on but sadly its been rough
Ebascoray
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Ebascoray »

I sometimes wonder about Solid Snickerdoodle. He usually had some interesting "threads." And, going waaaay back, I wonder about the famous Doug R, from the original sight, along with Richard From the UK. I wonder if those two persons ever check out the sight. Best Regards, Everyone.

Ebascoray
DallasNotAustin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DallasNotAustin »

I used to have an old roleplay partner named GeorgiaSilk and she simply disappeared one day. I hope she’s doing well, though I do always wonder what happened. Sometimes people just move on but I do hope everyone that had a close attachment to folks here and left is doing well.
Your local catboy maid & sock enthusiast.

If you're reading this, you can do me a huge favor and have a great day!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic