Should I upload some of my stories here?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Reight
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Should I upload some of my stories here?

Post by Reight »

I have the doubt if I should try to post some of the stories that I had made in this site, they are fictionary, I still can be considered some amateur in writing and my english is not the best.

Still this could help me to get feedback and improve. My idea will be to so some tug stories with a dual pov or a solo pov or a combination (example: one pov from the one tying and then the pov of the one that try to get free).

I will like to hear your opinions. Thanks
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

English is a difficult language if you do not speak, read, or write it naturally. It has two variations - Continental English, and American English, with one distinction being spelling. "Neighbour" would be Continental; "Neighbor" would be American.

The first thing you want to do after writing a story, is to decide whether you want to present the story in Continental or American English. Then find someone on the board, proficient in your preferred variation, who can proof it for you.

Drawscore
banshee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by banshee »

Absolutely, I too don't speak english as good as I'd like to yet I'm currently publishing two stories here. The only thing you need to do to post your stories here is commit to them, keep the parts going if the story has multiple parts and don't be afraid of making edits once the story is published.
Reight
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Reight »

banshee wrote: 3 years ago Absolutely, I too don't speak english as good as I'd like to yet I'm currently publishing two stories here. The only thing you need to do to post your stories here is commit to them, keep the parts going if the story has multiple parts and don't be afraid of making edits once the story is published.
Thanks, yeah I most of the time first write them in Spanish (my main language) and then passed to english to understand more
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

Of course, share your stories. And don't worry about your English too much, people here seem to be pretty good about not being jerks about it. Also, your skills will automatically improve, the more you write.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

...and don't get dismayed at once! Many good stories here that getting not much or nil comments. I blaim myself for several 'silent approvals'---
:oops:
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

FelixSH wrote: 3 years ago Of course, share your stories. And don't worry about your English too much, people here seem to be pretty good about not being jerks about it. Also, your skills will automatically improve, the more you write.
Couldn't agree more!
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Go for it. As a Spanish speaker, your presentation of dialogue will differ from that of native speakers but you will not be the only writer on this site who uses a hyphen (-) instead of inverted commas (").

Write on. (English pun)
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Reight wrote: 3 years ago I have the doubt if I should try to post some of the stories that I had made in this site, they are fictionary, I still can be considered some amateur in writing and my english is not the best.
The answer to your question seems fairly self-explanatory.
We are all amateurs here (the vast majority of us anyway). Lots of the stories you're reading/will be reading are written by authors who only have English as a second or third language.

As Felix pointed out, practice is one of the best teachers.

The one suggestion I'd like to add is that you install an English language spellchecker on your computer or tablet.
The spellchecker is not completely foolproof, but it will pick up on words that don't exist or that are not written correctly.
Ex: "Fictionary" is not a word in English. A spellchecker will pick up on that right away.

I hope you do share your work with us.
That's what this place is about.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Pup Wingletang
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup Wingletang »

Making words up is half the fun - it seemed to work for Shakespeare! I quite like the sound of 'fictionary' - "What fictionary is this, that confuses the mind of man?"

You should definitely post your stories. I quite like the idea of telling the same story from different perspectives.
A pup is for life but especially for bondage so get out the sleepsack and muzzle.

Don't miss out on the final chapter of Lovingly Zipped Up (M/M)

All my M/M stories can be found HERE.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Tend to agree with [mention]Pup Wingletang[/mention]: neologisms are fun.

Think of Terry Pratchett's great "Embuggerment".
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Reight
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Reight »

Thanks for your opinions and words. I will likely in the next days upload the first part of my first fiction story (most of them will be divided in 3 parts) and hope that someday had a true experience to share. Thanks again
Dpsiic
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Dpsiic »

Looking forward to reading them. I suspect your English is way better than my Spanish 👍
geelcarl
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by geelcarl »

Hell yes
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

One other thing: SpellCheck is your friend. Use it. But keep in mind that it won't catch homonyms. (Words that sound alike, but are spelled differently.)

Consider:

"I have a spelling checker.
It came with my PC.
It plainly marques for my revue
Mistakes eye cannot sea.

I've run this poem threw it
And I'm sure your please to no
Its letter perfect in it's weigh
My checker tolled me sew."

Run that through your spell checking program, and it will tell you there's nothing wrong.

That's why you get it proofread.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic