Are you afraid of the dark?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Gemscot
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Are you afraid of the dark?

Post by Gemscot »

Does anyone remember a Canadian or American kids TV series called "Are you afraid of the dark?". A group of kids sat around an evening camp fire and each took it in turns to tell a spooky story?

When I was at high school, a group of us adapted the theme. Meeting at appropriate homes, the story teller was tied to the tree/washing line pole for the duration of the story (about 30-45 minutes) and everyone else sat around listening to the story.

Gemscot
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

i remember that show; It was actually Canadian. I like the way you have adapted the show to introduce tugs, seems very appropriate!

I think I would have done it the other way around: the story teller tells his spooky story and then someone in the group is tied up and left all alone for a while...

Or if the story teller didn’t do a good job, you tie him up and gag him for a while!

There are so many potential variations on this theme...
David Han
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by David Han »

Great show. Glad you had fun with it.
Tie me up and have fun with me
Gemscot
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gemscot »

The story teller wasn't always released straight away when the story was over! :lol:

If we didn't have rope handy, we sometimes did a variation where everyone except the storyteller would draw a card and the storyteller would sit on the person who drew the Joker for the duration of the story - and again didn't always let them up straight away when the story was finished. OK this wasn't a TUG but just a variation. :lol:

Gemma
:twisted:
WAMGuy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by WAMGuy »

The show was one of my favourites as a kid, and I love the sound of that game!

Also, they recently brought the show back, and there's a scene in the first season where the main character is bound and gagged and it's great!
sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

My favorite show of the 90s. So scary
Gemscot
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gemscot »

Gareth isn't working today and Paul and KT are visiting.

We've had a trip down memory lane watching "Are you afraid of the dark?" on Youtube. KT and I are sat on the sofa, and we have the "boys" tied to dining chairs. The programme finnished 5 minutes but we haven't untied them yet! :lol:

Gemma & KT
:evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic