which story format do you prefer?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
ishfet
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

which story format do you prefer?

Post by ishfet »

Hi there

new here. I'm writing a story, which is turning out to be longer than I anticipated. which story format do you prefer? the whole story in one post or divided by chapters in multiple posts?
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

Experience shows, that people here are more willing to read shorter stories. A longer story should definitely be broken up in smaller junks. Too large pieces demand more time in one sitting, so one might take longer to find the time for something big.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
Tights tights tights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tights tights tights »

Hi there! Welcome to the forum, I hope your enjoying your time on here.

I really do prefure it if long stories were broken down into chunks, preferably in parts 1,2 and 3 and so on. Just makes it easier to read and much less time consuming.

I look forward to reading your story when ever to post it.
HHHMMMPP mmnnpph mmpph nnnpph hmm hmmm mmmnnn hhhmmhhpp
WillHBonney
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by WillHBonney »

Multiple posts spread out over a few days will help maximise the exposure of your story by bumping it to the top of the section with each new post. That will lead to more comments and better feedback which will benefit you and the story.

Personally I also prefer parts as a wall of text can sometimes appear a little overwhelming.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

A lot of it depends on your skill as a writer/story teller. The first thing, is that the first paragraph or two has to reach out, grab the reader by the neck, and yell "READ ME!!

Most novels have "short" chapters, and if you write like that, you need an "attention getter." at the end of the chapter, and a resolution (or an attempt at one) at the beginning of the next.

Drawscore
mranon
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by mranon »

ishfet wrote: 2 years ago Hi there

new here. I'm writing a story, which is turning out to be longer than I anticipated. which story format do you prefer? the whole story in one post or divided by chapters in multiple posts?
honestly i like them both equally
good luck with your story :D
someone helppppp my self-bondage went wrong and i am stuck
Rtj65
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Rtj65 »

If you think that the story is going to be long, then I think it would be best to split it into multiple parts, that would probably make it more appealing to readers rather than one really long post. It's up to you of course, so best of luck with whatever you decide to go with.
Male switch from the UK here, always up for a chat about anything TUGs related!

My stories
Causality (F/M) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9909
A Grey Area (M/F) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12604
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

My entry for the "World Record Redundant Post' competition:
The people have spoken!

I try to limit posts to fewer (Grammar!) than 3000 words.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
ishfet
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ishfet »

thank every one for your feedback. im alrady kickstarting my first story, hopefully the characters and the story will prove interesting for everyone. though i've quickly discovered i am not a huge fan of 3rd person perspective, so for any future story i write, i am most likely going to do either first person perspective from the victims point of view or the captors point of view

which ones do you fellows like more? 3rd or 1st perspective, and if 1st, victim or capotr's point of view?
Rtj65
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Rtj65 »

[mention]ishfet[/mention] I would say choose the perspective that feels most natural to you. If you're not a fan of 3rd person, that's fine, go with 1st person. There's plenty of stories on here from both captor and captive POV, in both 3rd or 1st person, so it really is up to you.

Just make sure that once you've decided on a perspective to stick to it, and you'll be fine.
Male switch from the UK here, always up for a chat about anything TUGs related!

My stories
Causality (F/M) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9909
A Grey Area (M/F) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12604
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic