Parental disapproval?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Gemscot
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Parental disapproval?

Post by Gemscot »

For those of us who did TUGs as children, did you ever experience any parental disapproval/forbidding?

Our parents are quite tolerant and easy-going. They didn't think it was weird or perverted because they used to do TUGs themselves when they were our age, and they are probably thankful we weren't into anything worse! Whenever I was tying Paul up, I was given 2 basic guidelines, though not always both together at the same time.

1 - Don't hurt him!

Like anything new, we had the occasional accidents at first but these were nothing more than minor "nicks" to the skin and no hospital treatment was ever required. As we got older and more experienced, the ropes got tighter but no accidents occurred and the rope marks faded in a few hours, aided by Vaseline (we both have a jar in our bedrooms).

2 - Don't keep him tied too long!

How long is a piece of string? LOL.

The first time I tied Paul up I was 11 and he was 4. It was just with 1 piece of soft rope very loosely for a few minutes. As we got older and more experienced, the games became longer and longer. In "Tracktie" he was tied to the tree for 90 minutes, and in "The Satanic Rites of Paulscot" he was chained to the wall for 3 hours. Too long?

Gemma
:evil: :twisted:
David Han
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by David Han »

Most were okay with it
Tie me up and have fun with me
Killua
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Killua »

As long as he was enjoying it, it's not too long ;)

My parents certainly didn't want me to play these games. So I had to do it always secretly. I was soooo embarrassed when they found all my belts which I hid under my couch.
After my mom died, I still played these games sometimes with a friend and we got caught by my dad one time which was extremely embarrasing... he was quite angry but it ended with him asking "Do you want to talk about it?" at the next evening and I shook only my head, so he said he will forget it.
Banner by Bondagefreak

My F/m Story:
Not as planned F/m
Gemscot
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gemscot »

Did they ever say why they disapproved?
Killua
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Killua »

I never really asked. I was too embarrassed about it. But when I was about 10, I believe I carefully tried to ask my mom why she don't want to buy me handcuffs. As far as I remember she said it has something to do with an accident with friends while she was younger but she didn't want to tell me about it. Maybe when I'm older. But that never happened.
Banner by Bondagefreak

My F/m Story:
Not as planned F/m
Gemscot
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gemscot »

Many people who disapprove may do so because they say it is dangerous to tie somebody up. They are right to a point - like anything if it is not done right it can be potentially dangerous.

In addition to karate, swimming and watersports, Paul also played rugby and football at school and was on the school team. When he was 15 an rugby tackle caused him to fall and fracture his ankle. It was entirely accidental and there was no malice in it. Rugby is more socially acceptable than bondage yet Paul has never been injured in bondage but he has in rugby.

Food for thought?

Gemma
:evil: :twisted:
Boocola
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Boocola »

My dad thought I was trying to commit suicide when I hogtied myself in my cousins tights and I... Well didn't know what happened and rope burns dented the skin on my wrists. My sister and cousin whispered something to each other. I was sent to a correctional facility.

Yeah I did attempt suicide, but as Dave mustang said when introducing skin of my teeth couldn't get the f***ing job done.

So I created characters and gave them something to do. Because in the correctional facility I started writing first about Cody and Theresa getting captured by Doctor Dumb, I mean Doom. Then getting rescued by Spiderman.

Let's face it if I told my dad the truth then instead of thirty years later I would be a different person and this is the way I like it.
SNAFU
PantyRose
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by PantyRose »

My parents didn’t really know what to think honestly and my mom even tied me up a handful of times when I asked. Now that I think about it she was pretty good at it…
Inkstain
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Inkstain »

My folks thought it was sick and weird, period. I was really called to the carpet about it by my father, who could be very religious when he wanted to be.(They never caught me doing games, they just found some of my drawings)
Gemscot
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gemscot »

Now that i'm a parent, I begin to understand my parents viewpoint myself. However, they told us they used to indulge in bondage games (might still do), so they can't get too "holier than thou" about it and as a rule are quite easy going about most things.

At the tender age of 2, my son (Isaac) is too young for bondage and I wouldn't be happy if anyone tied him up. I can't forget that Paul was 4-5 when I tied him up for the first time, so Isaac is not too far away from that stage? Just as our parents didn't introduce us to bondage, we won't introduce Isaac to it. If he's going to do it he must discover it for himself. If he does, we will set certain guidelines.

The most difficult guideline to put across to children in bondage must be "don't keep them tied up too long". That's impossible to determine/quantify? Do I keep Paul tied up too long?

Gemma
:twisted: :evil:
AlexUSA3
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by AlexUSA3 »

First time I was really tied up was by my sister, and that was just my hands behind my back. My mother was literally screaming at us saying that every person on earth was going to magically show up to visit that second and she would be arrested. She's also, now I understand, so narcissistic that it's literally debilitating and that she is incapable of being a functioning member of society.
CGC Short Stories (F+f+/F+f+): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20527
Find my other CGC Stories in the same link above!

sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

Didn't care as long as we're safe
Silver_noro
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Silver_noro »

From my experience, my bigger bro and I never had a problem with mum and dad.
bro started tying me up when I was 9.
When he was still living with us, I used to be tied up 3 or 4 times a week (even everyday days during school breaks)
Mum and dad had never been bothered by finding their beloved daughter helplessly bound and gagged on the floor😂
Mum, sometimes, casually mopped the floor around me while I was trying to break free from the ropes or atleast the gag.
Dad same, he just walk by and ask me if I was good😂.

We had only few rules:
1) never left me alone.
2) set me free as soon I show distress
3) set me free as soon I give the stop signal
4) no tied up games if sick or people around (except for my fiancèe)
5) last but not least, tied up games only if I agree to play (well, I never refused the ropes since I started😂)
Gemscot
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gemscot »

As I said at the beginning of this post, our parents used to (maybe still do) indulge in bondage when they were our age so they couldn't really ban it? Our parents gave us just 2 rules:

1 - Don't hurt him

2 - Don't keep him tied up too long

Gemma
AlexUSA3
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by AlexUSA3 »

Silver_noro wrote: 2 years ago From my experience, my bigger bro and I never had a problem with mum and dad.
bro started tying me up when I was 9.
When he was still living with us, I used to be tied up 3 or 4 times a week (even everyday days during school breaks)
Mum and dad had never been bothered by finding their beloved daughter helplessly bound and gagged on the floor😂
Mum, sometimes, casually mopped the floor around me while I was trying to break free from the ropes or atleast the gag.
Dad same, he just walk by and ask me if I was good😂.

We had only few rules:
1) never left me alone.
2) set me free as soon I show distress
3) set me free as soon I give the stop signal
4) no tied up games if sick or people around (except for my fiancèe)
5) last but not least, tied up games only if I agree to play (well, I never refused the ropes since I started😂)
Those rules all sound about right. Don't get hurt; don't get yourselves in trouble somehow; keep it fun. This is why I write fictional stories, I suppose :lol:
CGC Short Stories (F+f+/F+f+): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20527
Find my other CGC Stories in the same link above!

Gemscot
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gemscot »

I wonder if my parents were a bit too vague and left too much to interpretation?

Gemma
Killua
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Killua »

Scope for interpretation give you also the oportunity to learn about your limits and also gives you responsebility
Banner by Bondagefreak

My F/m Story:
Not as planned F/m
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

Never had a problem with the parents, and never knew of any of my friend's parents having a problem. Of course, 99% of the time, we played when the parents were not home. I'd have a friend or two over to spend the night, the parents would be at a party or social event, and my friends and I would exchange tie ups from the time they left, late into the night.

Rules were that nobody was tied for longer than 20 minutes, unless they requested additional time to try to escape, and then, 45 minutes was the limit.

Drawscore
tiedinbluetights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by tiedinbluetights »

My parents, aunts and uncles, were all aware that me and my cousins were playing TUGs as kids, but they certainly tried to actively discourage it. So I would say *mild* disapproval? They never scolded us or forbade us from playing TUGs, but they disapproved in the sense that they wanted us to play other games.

So, on the few occasions we did, as kids, play TUGs in plain sight of our adult guardians, or later when we would play "hidden" but were "caught", my aunts/uncles/parents would simply remind us that they don't like it, remind us of other non-TUg games we ought to be playing, and re-iterate similar rules that [mention]Gemtie[/mention] mentions: 1) don't hurt each other; 2) don't do it for long (no more than a few minutes, they'd say), but always with the undertone of "please find something else to play."

Many years later, when I had a frank discussion with my mom about my interests in TUGs, she confirmed that my memories of a 4-year old asking my older female cousins to tie me up did actually happen. She and my dad blamed Adam West's Batman for my interests, which used to play a lot on TV in the late 1960s, early 1970s. My mom was particularly concerned that we would end up playing with the wrong type of people or just plane end up hurting ourselves even if we were careful. It is totally understandable and normal for a parent to be protective of their children. And also totally understandable and normal for children to be protective of their parents too: hence why I would hide my self-bondage games from them--I didn't want them to be so overly concerned about me (when my cousins were not around to release me), that they would forbid me from doing something I really enjoy doing (being tied-up).
💙 Love to be tied-up 💙
I read and write stories for fun
Open to friendly PMs
(I don't do roleplays nor story requests)
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

I was a cub scout and boy scout, both of which were known for tying ropes and knots. Never had a problem. Our parents seemed to know that sheer, square, and tripod lashings on poles, would, sooner or later, evolve into tying the wrists and ankles of each other, and playing some forms of games that involved someone (or more than one someones) getting tied, and usually gagged, like we saw on TV and in the movies.

Rules were pretty straightforward. No rope around the neck, or through the crotch. No one tied for more than 20 minutes, unless the 'captive' wanted extra time to try and escape, then a max of 45 minutes. If anyone wanted to be untied, he was. No questions asked. And there was ALWAYS a 'spotter' to watch, and untie the 'captive' if there was any problem. When possible, at least two of us were tied with each other, or in close proximity, as we all seemed to think that danger and/or adventure, real or pretend, was ALWAYS more exciting and fun when shared.

Drawscore
Hudtie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Hudtie »

As long as no one was killed or injured and there was nothing sexual, my parents were fin with my sister and i tying each other up. The only thing they ever said was "don't keep your sister tied up too long!". How do you define that? LOL.

Strange though it may seem, while they didn't disapprove of us wrestling they did tell us to get off immediately if one was sitting on the other!
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

Hudtie wrote: 1 year ago As long as no one was killed or injured and there was nothing sexual, my parents were fin with my sister and i tying each other up. The only thing they ever said was "don't keep your sister tied up too long!". How do you define that? LOL.

Strange though it may seem, while they didn't disapprove of us wrestling they did tell us to get off immediately if one was sitting on the other!
I'd say keep them tied up for as long as you feel necessary. :D
Tugger90
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Tugger90 »

PantyRose wrote: 2 years ago My parents didn’t really know what to think honestly and my mom even tied me up a handful of times when I asked. Now that I think about it she was pretty good at it…
That sounds like a great story lol, hope you share it!
Malacoda
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Malacoda »

My parents did not disapprove of me being tied up at all. As long as I was not hurt they had no objection.
I remember more than a few times when my friends would tie me to one of the posts in the basement, leave me there, and mother would come downstairs to do the laundry, see me tied to the post and just do the laundry, not even offer to untie me!
I suppose it made a weird bit of sense. If I was tied up I was not going to do anything really dangerous, like run out into the street.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic