Accidentally meeting someone you know IRL on the forum

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
PilotDrew
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Accidentally meeting someone you know IRL on the forum

Post by PilotDrew »

This thought has crossed my mind a few times, and I'm interested to know what everyone else would think.

Imagine you're chatting casually with a member of this forum when by some twist of fate, you suddenly realise that you are speaking to a person who you know personally in real life (maybe they're a friend or colleague who accidentally gave themselves away mid-conversation without realising). At this time, the person you're talking to hasn't realised anything. What would you do? How would you react to the realisation? What if they were a member of the opposite sex? (if that's what you prefer).

For me, I'd have no clue. It's tempting to say that I'd bring it up with the person, but as someone who doesn't know anyone else with this same passion IRL, I'd probably freeze.
MrBind
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by MrBind »

If it was a male friend, who didn't know I was into bondage, I'd say nothing. I think it would be awkward.

If it was a male friend who already knew, and knew both my gf and myself, and were good friends, possibly. I really don't know.

If it was a girl who both my gf and I knew well, then I don't think I could resist :lol:

If it was a girl I casually know, I'd be tempted....might have to ask the gf first though :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it was my aunt or my cousin who I tied, yeah, I'd let them know.
wannabetiedup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by wannabetiedup »

Good question. I would be amazed if anyone from my real life circle of friends and acquaintances were on here, but I'm guessing I would be a surprise to them too!

I probably remain too shy to reveal myself though
I love all things bondage. Always up for a chat
NotSeen
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NotSeen »

I certainly would not tell it to them 'out of the blue' IRL. Probably wouldn't tell them, period. If they, for whatever reason, told me IRL that they're on the forum, I might 'out' myself, but not 100% sure about it even then...
ExcessivelyCurious
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ExcessivelyCurious »

Not from this site, but I have encountered people on other websites of a similar vein, that I also know IRL. In some cases I just let it be, as it was someone I was interested in doing stuff with and it seemed far too awkward to bring up. One guy I eventually did bring it up with, and we have since done some stuff together, but even though I figured it out first, he made the first move as I was too awkward.
Killua
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Killua »

I'm not entirely sure. Depending on who it is and how well we know each other I might just go on full attack replying to him with his real name or if we are not that close friends but get along pretty well just give some hints myself to see if he/she says something.
Banner by Bondagefreak

My F/m Story:
Not as planned F/m
sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

Depends if they were my friends if not I would remain quiet
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

In the last couple years I have become slightly more open to talking about bondage with people, so I’d most likely call them out and see where it goes.
PilotDrew
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by PilotDrew »

Killua wrote: 2 years ago I'm not entirely sure. Depending on who it is and how well we know each other I might just go on full attack replying to him with his real name or if we are not that close friends but get along pretty well just give some hints myself to see if he/she says something.
Wow! A more aggressive approach :lol: I don't think I could ever do that, even if it was my closest friends. For me, my TUG passion is a closely guarded secret!
Killua
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Killua »

PilotDrew wrote: 2 years ago Wow! A more aggressive approach :lol: I don't think I could ever do that, even if it was my closest friends. For me, my TUG passion is a closely guarded secret!
I mean, if I already found out he or she is on this forum, then why should I try to keep it a secret. If that person would tell it someone else, I could just do the same. That way my secret and his/her secret would become "our secret" and I wouldn't need to be careful that the person believes I don't know who he or she is but he or she does know who I am and maybe just tell someone else.
Banner by Bondagefreak

My F/m Story:
Not as planned F/m
PilotDrew
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by PilotDrew »

Killua wrote: 2 years ago
PilotDrew wrote: 2 years ago Wow! A more aggressive approach :lol: I don't think I could ever do that, even if it was my closest friends. For me, my TUG passion is a closely guarded secret!
I mean, if I already found out he or she is on this forum, then why should I try to keep it a secret. If that person would tell it someone else, I could just do the same. That way my secret and his/her secret would become "our secret" and I wouldn't need to be careful that the person believes I don't know who he or she is but he or she does know who I am and maybe just tell someone else.
That's a fair point, I guess I'll wait for the day when that happens hahah
grayboxers
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by grayboxers »

I'd say it definitely depends on who it was. There are certain friends or cousins of mine who I've always fantasized about being tied up by, and if I'm sure that it's them then I'd probably just tell them and see if we can meet up to act on my fantasies. And on the other side, there are certain friends who I would definitely not want to ever tell about this so I'd just say nothing to them.
TightsBound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TightsBound »

Not this site, but some people I knew years prior have been spotted online.

I went to high school with the fetish model Ludella Hahn. When I spotted her on a some bondage sites, I sent her a message on Fetlife. We both agreed how crazy it was to find her online, and I wasn’t the only one from school to reach out.

More recently, I discovered a former coworker modeling a straitjacket on Fetlife. I follow her on Instagram and was very tempted to DM her, but refrained. I don’t want to out myself about the material I view, plus I didn’t want to possibly embarrass her.
Koncrete
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Koncrete »

TightsBound wrote: 2 years ago Not this site, but some people I knew years prior have been spotted online.

I went to high school with the fetish model Ludella Hahn. When I spotted her on a some bondage sites, I sent her a message on Fetlife. We both agreed how crazy it was to find her online, and I wasn’t the only one from school to reach out.

More recently, I discovered a former coworker modeling a straitjacket on Fetlife. I follow her on Instagram and was very tempted to DM her, but refrained. I don’t want to out myself about the material I view, plus I didn’t want to possibly embarrass her.

Of all the models I know she's gotta be one of my favorites easily. Definitely someone I'd be crushing on hard back in HS haha
micoAi
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by micoAi »

I really doubt that i'll meet someone from real life here, but if it happens, i will probably tell them if we were close friends, i can't miss the chance of being tied by someone i fully trust.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic