Type of “Duct Tape” that Studios Use

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
laboy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Type of “Duct Tape” that Studios Use

Post by laboy »

When I am watching videos done by some bondage studios, I notice that the duct tape seems kinda different that others. First off, it makes a smoother sound coming off the roll, and seems less painful bc it tends to be used excessively in the videos. Does anyone have a clue what type of tape they are using in these videos?
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]laboy[/mention] Generally they'll be using "Bondage Tape".

Before opening this thread up, I'd read the title and that thought you'd be asking what tape film studios used to tape cables and carpets down (Gaffer Tape). Glad I actually read the full question.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

TheOfficeOrc
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TheOfficeOrc »

I think what they use in a lot of our favourite studios is a sort of hybrid between duct tape and electrical tape.

It has the appearance of duct tape, but the adhesive is designed to be free of residue and behaves much like the adhesive on electrical tape.

The company Scotch make a version of this called "Electrician's Duct Tape 2000" or "Electrician's Bundling Tape 2000".

I did see a tutorial style video where they mentioned using "bundling tape" so I'm pretty sure this is correct (don't remember what the video is unfortunately, it might have been from Brenda Bound or something)

Bear in mind, although the adhesive is not as aggressive as duct tape, there is still an adhesive. Play safe :D
Mikeyropes29

Post by Mikeyropes29 »

[mention]TheOfficeOrc[/mention] I'm pretty sure 100% right, I think I watched that same video(a hogtie tutorial featuring a particularly feisty bondage model?) And yeah he said bundling tape,and when I saw a pro dom I'm pretty sure she used the same thing,though it was sticky it didn't completely rip of hairs or hurt skinnand came off pretty easily,had the same off grey color not the dark color of duct tape
sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

Sometimes they used regular silver duct tape
Damsel-Dilara-Dee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Damsel-Dilara-Dee »

They also use “floor marking tape” which is same as gaffer’s
Koncrete
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Koncrete »

Just chiming in to say you can usually find Bundling tape at a Home Depot if you have any nearby. I grab mine from there for a decent price. Like the others said it's got a great feel, very strong and only a little adhesive but nothing that'll be torture to take off. I find bondage tape pretty lame tbh so it's my tape of choice for sure.
TapeBondage123
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TapeBondage123 »

PVC tape. That might be a different name for what the others here have stated or it might be a different kind of tape altogether. I messaged some of the studios asking them that question and they all called it PVC tape. I’ve used it a couple of times and it works really well without leaving a lot of residue behind.
Duct tape will fix that cut under your nose.
McMurdoPI
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by McMurdoPI »

TheOfficeOrc wrote: 2 years ago I think what they use in a lot of our favourite studios is a sort of hybrid between duct tape and electrical tape.

It has the appearance of duct tape, but the adhesive is designed to be free of residue and behaves much like the adhesive on electrical tape.

The company Scotch make a version of this called "Electrician's Duct Tape 2000" or "Electrician's Bundling Tape 2000".

I did see a tutorial style video where they mentioned using "bundling tape" so I'm pretty sure this is correct (don't remember what the video is unfortunately, it might have been from Brenda Bound or something)

Bear in mind, although the adhesive is not as aggressive as duct tape, there is still an adhesive. Play safe :D
Yup, wide electrical tape is available if you look around enough. Like others have said, it doesnt pull hair as bad and has a nice aesthetic. As also previously mentioned, it may not stick quite as well. So layer your gags and wrap your bindings well. I like the american stuff more but the australian/euro stuff has a shinier look to it.
Hello everyone! 32, m, Michigan, always willing to chat and help new folks get oriented.
laboy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by laboy »

Thank you for your help everyone
TiedAndTaped3D
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TiedAndTaped3D »

Grey electrician tape for wraparounds is what a lot of studios use. I know Nyxon and Steve Villa use it. I used it once myself on Ashley Graham. Microfoam tape is also used a lot for wraparound gags. For non-wraparound gags, I like Nashua duct tape both to use and be used on me. It's pretty sticky stuff. 3M 2929 tape looks pretty good but I'm not certain how sticky it is. One producer uses Kinseo Tape. It's extremely sticky on the one hand--he swears the models can't work it off--but it's also so thin you can clearly understand the models unless you're using packing (which he refuses to do).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic