Farewell.

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
TomYi
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Farewell.

Post by TomYi »

Hey guys.

So... it looks like this is goodbye.

It brings me no joy to type this, but I feel I should let you guys know what's up for the sake of transparency and closure. There's a long list of members that just vanished one day, and we still don't know what happened to them. I'd rather not have my name on that list is all.

I guess the biggest thing I want everyone to know is that: I'm okay.
I didn't get in an accident, I didn't get depressed or sick. I'm healthy in every regard, but I am busy. University has really pulled me away from this forum to the point where I haven't read anything in a long time. Not only that, but I no longer feel that taking the time to write is worth it anymore. It's one thing to not get any comments, but the past few stories I've posted have barely even gotten any views. My works may be far from perfect, but they still take effort (my longest one is the size of 2 full novels), and the payoff simply doesn't match the work that I have to put in. I already have them all inside my head, so what's the point of writing them down and sharing them if no one's even going to see them??? Believe me, I deeply regret not being able to finish the projects that I've already started up, but enough's enough.

I will miss this place. Being a part of this community has been a lot of fun, and I've made some great friends over the years (you know who you are), but as it stands right now, I just have no good reason to be here anymore.

Is this goodbye forever? Well, I promise nothing. I just wanted anyone out there who cares to know that all is well.

Syko Sith
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Syko Sith »

That's unfortunate. I do appreciate ur writing. Do what you feel is best. Maybe we'll cross paths again (I hope we do)
Hogtied and loving it
Red86
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Red86 »

[mention]TomYi[/mention] Glad to hear your doing well but sad to see the farewell portion of this post.

Unfortunately it looks as though numerous people here have not been on in months and the views/comments across the board have been kind of lower then normal in the past few months aswell. Admittedly I have been guilty of not reading or commenting as much and hardly logging in. The last 3+ months have been extremely busy for me (honestly it's been way longer but roughly the last 3/4 have been the busiest).

I understand how busy life gets and also understand your frustration. I will be one of those who misses seeing both new and continued stories from you. I will especially miss Alpha Domme.

I can only hope this isn't farewell forever and that one day, you'll come back to the form. And if this is indeed farewell forever, take care of yourself and enjoy the journey of life!
sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

So long my friend
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

I am very sorry to reading this, but if you have felt it is the best than it is the best. Enjoyed at least some of the stories - hey: matter of taste! - and am kinda guilty to have not read or commented very much recently - matter of time.

Farewell!
Trammel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Trammel »

For what it's worth I think you're misinterpreting things. There are few if any comments on the story catalogue page but if you go to the actual stories those pages are quite active.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.

Active story:

The bully, the tree and me (mm/m): http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8 ... 967b8517c3

Recently finished story:

A Kidnapping For MacKenzie.
tiedinbluetights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by tiedinbluetights »

Hello [mention]TomYi[/mention]. I'm new here, and we don't know each other, yet it saddens me to hear you go. You must do what is best for you, post-graduate uni work is very demanding--if you are not getting the desired return on your creative work on this forum, then indeed I understand the need to invest your time elsewhere. Time is precious.

Still, it is very sad. That's why I'm replying publicly rather than through a PM. While some may argue that the content of this reply is of a private nature, I'd counter-point that public forum replies are what really matters. The more public replies, the more visible a topic becomes to the rest of us.

So I'd also like to address [mention]Trammel[/mention]'s comment as well in this reply. I've checked [mention]TomYi[/mention]'s profile and the point being made is very clear, at least to me at any rate: much original content posted, that mostly only generates single digit replies, some of which are actually OP replies to the very few and far between comments left by viewers. Personally, I don't think it is a misinterpretation. The point being made is not that there is lack of activity in general in the stories sections, but that a specific individual content creator is not getting the level of replies and views that they once did.

Being new here, I though that getting single digit replies to a story post, two digit replies if one is really damn good at writing, was the norm, but I hear [mention]TomYi[/mention] and now realize that there used to be a much higher rate of exchange of comments.

In signing off, my apologies to you [mention]TomYi[/mention], since I never read your stories. I read exclusively F/M stories, and there are so many to catch-up on. M/F stories are not my cup of tea, but that should not have prevented me from reading some of yours. In the end, it's the quality of the TUG story that should matter, not exclusively the gender of the subs and doms. Stories are the main raison d'être of this forum, it's in the very name "Stories of Tie Up Games."
💙 Love to be tied-up 💙
I read and write stories for fun
Open to friendly PMs
(I don't do roleplays nor story requests)
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]TomYi[/mention] take care, buddy. I'll miss you but still hold on to the hope that you'll be back with us at some point in the future.

Trammel wrote: 2 years ago For what it's worth I think you're misinterpreting things. There are few if any comments on the story catalogue page but if you go to the actual stories those pages are quite active.
[mention]TomYi[/mention] is not misinterpreting anything. From your comment though, it's quite clear that you are somewhat blatantly unaware of what you're talking about.

There are no comments in the Story Catalogue Page because posting comments there is not even possible. As soon as an ad is opened up on that page, the thread is automatically locked. Only the Mods/Admins have the ability to post on those threads, which they occasionally do to let the OP know their story ad doesn't follow the specified format.

Contentious paragraphs removed in the interests of harmony Xtc

Everyone who's been actively posting on here longer than you have (authors and readers alike) have noticed the rather eerie silence and lack of activity that has begun creeping on the story boards this past year. Those concerns are not to be dismissed. Especially not when one of the forum's leading F/F and M/F authors puts out a statement telling us he's leaving because of dwindling activity rates.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

I found it really sad to read Tom Yis post. As important as it is to know, that he is well, it is sad to see him leaving. And I do hope, that this is no farewelll for ever.

IFeedback is important for any author here, as well as are active writerrs. For me it took a while tiil I mustered the courage to change sides, from Reader to Writer - and I want to encourgage everybody who doubts that he ir she can write to give it a try.

Writing is fun :)
Rtj65
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Rtj65 »

This is a sad topic to read, seeing a prolific and talented author call it quits like this. It's a sobering reminder of the importance of feedback that allows this board to thrive.

I'll be the first one to admit that my own activity on here has been inconsistent at times, but given how much of a sanctuary this place has become to me, I feel as though I should be doing more to contribute. Commenting more and supporting others on here is something that I definitely want to do more from now on.

Lastly, I hope that [mention]TomYi[/mention] chooses to make a return one day, the board could use more like him.
Male switch from the UK here, always up for a chat about anything TUGs related!

My stories
Causality (F/M) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9909
A Grey Area (M/F) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12604
that1kid13
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by that1kid13 »

Awe buddy I feel like crap because I’m definitely a silent reader and have loved your stories. Sad to see ya go but because of it I’ll try to be more active.
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

that1kid13 wrote: 2 years ago Awe buddy I feel like crap because I’m definitely a silent reader and have loved your stories. Sad to see ya go but because of it I’ll try to be more active.
In case other silent readers see this, please take note. Feedback is important. To me (and therefore, I assume, a lot of other writers) every comment, no matter how short, is welcome and adds a lot of motivation. Even if a writer will not stop, comments will likely motivate one to write more often.

We don't get anything, aside the feeling that readers get satisfaction out of our stories, by posting here. Hearing that others enjoy our stuff means the world to us, and it is not hard to do. Longer comments are, of course, even better, but just the line "nice story" is a big motivator.

Again, talking about myself, but I'm sure a lot of writers here feel the same. Don't stay silent. Without feedback, this forum will simply die. Take the minute to give even the smallest bit of feedback.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Well said, [mention]FelixSH[/mention]
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Rtj65
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Rtj65 »

Previous post was removed but this poster is making a relevant point. Xtc

Well said [mention]bondagefreak[/mention]. When something like this happens, I think it's important that we listen to someone's concerns and try to do something about it as a community rather than simply dismiss those concerns out of hand.

You're quite right about the link between feedback and the survival of this forum. Let's hope that as many users as possible see this thread and then hopefully something good can come out of what is otherwise a sad situation.
Male switch from the UK here, always up for a chat about anything TUGs related!

My stories
Causality (F/M) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9909
A Grey Area (M/F) - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12604
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Locking this thread pending advice.
Removing posts that have, in my opinion, exceeded the limits of fair comment.

I regret that a "farewell "post has degenerated to this level.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Locked Previous topicNext topic