Kink or fetish?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
honourthechapter1775

Kink or fetish?

Post by honourthechapter1775 »

Hey guys sorry I have been away for such a length of time I've had a lot of personal things happen in my life recently. I'm not going to go into spesifics on what's been happening but just that life has been very difficult for me this year so far.

I'm going to try and make my return on here more regularly if I can, another reason for my absences has been the current lack of ideas I've had for topics. Until not that is.

So I've been thinking a lot about myself lately and wondering what it is I really have a Kink or a fetish?

Personally I have always proffered reffering to it as a fetish as I REALLY really don't like the word kinky it feels very embarrassing when I'm called that, most often called it by my mother in her efforts to tease me over it.

What are your takes on the topic and how do you refer to it?
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

As far as I'm aware, the two have distinct meanings but have been used basically interchangeably. Both refer to activity in the context of sexual desire.

A KINK is basically, added spice. It's something you like that's not "vanilla," but it's not necessary. You could do just as well without it, but you like it. If you're okay getting it on without any bondage, you have a kink for bondage.

A FETISH is something you need in order to be aroused. If sexual activity doesn't really interest you when there's not bondage involved, you have a bondage fetish.

Personally, I don't really like either term because it places these interests as "out of the norm," or weird, and in the US, at least, we're already so hung up about sex in general that really it's important to note that if it's consensual and private, it really doesn't matter. In any event, it's up to you how you choose to refer to your relationship with bondage.

There's nothing wrong with being kinky, and in fact, most "vanilla" people have a kink, whether it be seeing their partner in lingerie or spanking or whatever!

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic