Hollywood Bondage Aficionados (Which Celebrities Do You Think Are Into TUGS?)

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Sportsfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Hollywood Bondage Aficionados (Which Celebrities Do You Think Are Into TUGS?)

Post by Sportsfan »

As a longtime fan of both movies/TV and TUGS, I have watched what has to be thousands of mainstream DID scenes, ranging from very minor to full blown commercial-level quality. Lately I've found myself wondering: how many are just doing them as a job, and how many actually enjoy it? I'm sure a lot of us know of Jessica Alba, who was famously found tied up in a trunk as a kid while filming Flipper with no reason as to why, and who then went on to have many a TUG scene, photoshoot and the like. It's fairly obvious that she's into it. But there must be others. Studies say that over half of adult women enjoy tying someone up, being tied up or both, and nearly 65% of men say the same. That means, statistically, that there are definitely some major Hollywood stars out there who fall into those categories.

Here are a few I'm pretty sure about, although i want to be clear that I'm not going to act like any of this is for sure true. Only educated guessing. I am also only interested in females being tied up, so that's all I know about. However, feel free to mention anyone you'd like.

Ana de Armas - Several early DID scenes in Cuba when she was younger followed by several scenes in America, to the point where she has almost as many scenes as she does projects without scenes. Not to mention, surely a hogtie with a rope around the torso wasn't all that necessary for her predicament in The Informer, and she has shown time and time again that she has zero issues with daring subjects in general. Keep an eye on this one, as I have a strong feeling she's only getting started.

Lucy Hale - Was incredibly excited about auditioning for the female lead in 50 Shades of Gray, a role that a lot of actresses turned down, and is a self-professed fan of the books. Not only that, she did a bondage themed photoshoot for Paper Magazine with an interview that included the quote "There are plenty of hidden secrets about me. Those will remain hidden.", And of course, she's had several DID scenes in Pretty Little Liars as well as a recent one in Ragdoll where that ballgag looked as tight as possible, way tighter than most actresses would have endured.

Speaking of Pretty Little Liars, I can't mention Lucy Hale and TUGS without giving a shoutout to her costar Lindsey Shaw, who actively admitted to loving being taped up in a closet during an interview once as an answer to asking what her favorite scene to film was.

Naomi Watts - Out of all of them though, this is the individual I'm most sure about. A large range of DID scenes across her career, but none bigger than the remake of Funny Games, Just one look at that film and what she had to go through makes it clear that anyone who knowingly takes on that role is at least okay with being bound and gagged. Not only that, apparently she was perfectly fine with staying in the bondage for extensive hours at a time, and she did this for several days. The same has been said about several other DID scenes she's had, including Shut In. All in all, she seemingly goes out of her way to land these types of roles, and from my perspective she's about as obvious as Alba.

But now i want to hear other people's perspectives, if people are interested in giving them. I honestly think this is such a fascinating subject, being able to use a job to engage in a kink without it being obvious, but perhaps revealing a little too much over time, or maybe not even caring if they do. It's also a bit crazy to think about how many of these people are one of us, just right out there in the open, entertaining themselves without the general audience ever realizing it. So, I look forward to hearing your guesses.
illest
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by illest »

I'm almost sure Selma Hayek is into it. I also wonder if it's a coincidence that Trish Stratus was in 2(?) tie-up storylines. Especially the 1st where Melina took the gag off and then re-gagged her. Totally a TUG moment.
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

Sportsfan wrote: 1 year ago Naomi Watts - Out of all of them though, this is the individual I'm most sure about. A large range of DID scenes across her career, but none bigger than the remake of Funny Games, Just one look at that film and what she had to go through makes it clear that anyone who knowingly takes on that role is at least okay with being bound and gagged. Not only that, apparently she was perfectly fine with staying in the bondage for extensive hours at a time, and she did this for several days. The same has been said about several other DID scenes she's had, including Shut In. All in all, she seemingly goes out of her way to land these types of roles, and from my perspective she's about as obvious as Alba.
I've never seen Funny Games, but after reading your post and looking up scenes from the movie, I have to agree with you about Naomi Watts. If someone isn't into bondage or only into light bedroom-type bondage, there's no way they would be fine with being in bondage for an extended period of time like she was. Maybe she just has an incredible tolerance for extended bondage, but it's far more likely that's she's into it and has a lot experience. From my own experience, being able to be bound and gagged for extended periods of time is something you have to build up to and not something you can just do overnight.
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

There's absolutely nothing to suggest an actor or actress is into bondage because they've been tied up in a few roles. Looking at roles actors get and immediately assuming they're into it is wishful thinking.

Undoubtedly, plenty of actors or actresses are into bondage, because they're human and many people are. I think it has slipped out one or two actresses are into it in interviews. Some of them have surely been tied up for roles. It does make you wonder what runs through their mind when they have to film a scene where they get tied up. I know there are a few actresses who've admitted to liking certain scenes. I can't for the life of me remember who it was, but one actress said in an interview years ago that she enjoyed being bound and gagged in a scene, realized what she'd said, and backtracked and explained it was because of the drama of the scene. Yeah... But I think some actresses would probably find an enjoyment out of it for the fun of the scene.

But I think it's more a case that certain actors/actresses tend to land the kind of roles that call for their characters getting tied up. Action roles, drama roles, crime movies, things where characters get kidnapped, and the actor's up for daring roles. Ana de Armas seems to be willing to do just about anything on camera, so I doubt it's that she wants to get tied up as much as she's just willing to take a role where she might. Most actors' different roles have some similarities. You have a young, attractive woman who gets roles in a lot of action and crime movies? There's a good chance she'll be tied up a few times. If she's one of the regulars on a crime TV show that runs for several years, it's a good bet she's going to get tied up at least once or twice, if not more often. It's a fast way to put someone in danger.

There are occasions I've wondered if someone behind the scenes (writer, director) is into it the way a scene is filmed, especially when there's a scene that really has no bearing on the plot. They're the ones who really decide what gets done for shows and movies. Most directors and writers do have a few things they tend to throw into scenes (John Woo has a known obsession with doves, for instance). But I don't really think even that is what drives scenes most of the time.
TheOfficeOrc
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TheOfficeOrc »

[mention]Kyle[/mention]
Agreed, directors are where you need to look.

It's like Quentin Tarantino and Dan Schneider including lots of lingering shots of feet.

You can probably tell if a director is into bondage from the quality of tie, quality of the gag, necessity of the scene to the plot, and how long the shots linger.

I can't think of director who fits the bill off the top of my head though. I'll have a think...
Sportsfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sportsfan »

Kyle wrote: 1 year ago There's absolutely nothing to suggest an actor or actress is into bondage because they've been tied up in a few roles. Looking at roles actors get and immediately assuming they're into it is wishful thinking.

Undoubtedly, plenty of actors or actresses are into bondage, because they're human and many people are. I think it has slipped out one or two actresses are into it in interviews. Some of them have surely been tied up for roles. It does make you wonder what runs through their mind when they have to film a scene where they get tied up. I know there are a few actresses who've admitted to liking certain scenes. I can't for the life of me remember who it was, but one actress said in an interview years ago that she enjoyed being bound and gagged in a scene, realized what she'd said, and backtracked and explained it was because of the drama of the scene. Yeah... But I think some actresses would probably find an enjoyment out of it for the fun of the scene.

But I think it's more a case that certain actors/actresses tend to land the kind of roles that call for their characters getting tied up. Action roles, drama roles, crime movies, things where characters get kidnapped, and the actor's up for daring roles. Ana de Armas seems to be willing to do just about anything on camera, so I doubt it's that she wants to get tied up as much as she's just willing to take a role where she might. Most actors' different roles have some similarities. You have a young, attractive woman who gets roles in a lot of action and crime movies? There's a good chance she'll be tied up a few times. If she's one of the regulars on a crime TV show that runs for several years, it's a good bet she's going to get tied up at least once or twice, if not more often. It's a fast way to put someone in danger.

There are occasions I've wondered if someone behind the scenes (writer, director) is into it the way a scene is filmed, especially when there's a scene that really has no bearing on the plot. They're the ones who really decide what gets done for shows and movies. Most directors and writers do have a few things they tend to throw into scenes (John Woo has a known obsession with doves, for instance). But I don't really think even that is what drives scenes most of the time.
I never said being tied up a few times meant they were into bondage. I think you need to reread my post again, in full if you didn't the first time. I named several actresses who not only had been tied up a bunch of times, but also had additional factors. Funny Games for instance is a role that very few actresses would take. And apparently Watts was just okay being bound and gagged like that for literal hours at a time. People who are not into bondage do not sit in hardcore bondage for hours at a time with no issue. That's not a thing.

You've also largely missed my point on the others I mentioned. Seriously, did you actually read it? I'm not talking about people who get tied up a few or even a bunch of times in one genre or TV show. I'm talking about people who bounce around and have several, frequent scenes, almost as if they're looking for them. But that's far from the only thing I'm taking into account. I'm also talking about those who have added factors to their scenes, factors that don't seem necessary. Yes, directors have more influence on scenes and yes there are some directors who are absolutely into it, but actresses also have more than enough power to say "Hey, maybe not the hogtie." or "Can you loosen the gag?" And finally, there's the stuff they've said or done elsewhere. For instance, Lindsey Shaw, who I mentioned in the original post and I'm pretty sure is the actress you're thinking of.

With all these aspects combined, you can make at least some educated guesses. Not conclusions as I specifically stated. Guesses. I really don't think it's wishful thinking to look at Hale for instance, see that she literally loves 50 Shades of Gray, wanted to play the lead, then watch a scene where she's ball gagged so tight that it's pinching her skin while she's struggling to keep from drooling all over herself (and could have without a doubt been loosened at her request but wasn't), and not theorize that she miiight just be into that stuff. It's really not that long of a stretch. Likewise, yes, you're right that Ana De Armas is clearly willing to do most anything, but this is the girl that found herself regularly in bondage in Cuban shows and then comes over to America and immediately has several roles in her first several films where she's either tying someone up or being tied up? How can you not be the least bit suspicious? And everyone knows that Alba is clearly into bondage. Even mainstream sites have mentioned it. She's had tons of scenes over many years, done themed photo shoots, and she clearly faked that kidnapping as a kid. For a select few of them, it's obvious. She's obvious.

Let me give you another, practically perfect example of the type of actress I'm talking about: Stefanie Scott. Didn't mention her originally because she's not as well known as the others, but she is absolutely a bondage aficionado. Not only does he have a scene in most of her projects, she has multiple that literally revolve around her being tied up for most of it. She also has scenes like in I.T., where she is sitting next to a fellow hostage and bound much more stringently for absolutely no reason. It is very clear that she is into the stuff we are.

All in all, trust me, I am not wishful thinking. I understand that Gillian Anderson being tied up a bunch in X-Files for instance is not concrete evidence that she is into bondage, nor is someone having back to back scenes on two different titles, or someone being tied exceptionally tight in a scene. I am taking into account many different factors, together at once, not just amount and frequency of scenes, and theorizing based upon everything I know. That's it.
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

I think I remember reading somewhere that Jessica Alba not only has many filmed bondage scenes, but was actually briefly kidnapped and bound in real life, and apparently had a taste for it. Then again I may have just read that here and it may just be speculation, my memory isn’t what it used to be :lol:
DuctTapeSilence
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by DuctTapeSilence »

To add to your post, I read somewhere that Naomi Watts had to do several reshoots for her scenes in Funny Games as she was getting turned on from being taped up and had trouble staying in character. I’m not sure if it’s true or not.
Duct tape can't fix every problem, but it can muffle the sound.
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

[mention]Nexus[/mention] Jessica Alba was actually kidnapped. Supposedly on the set of Flipper she was taken for 14 hours and found tied up and blindfolded in the trunk of a car. She was also supposedly left very traumatized from this incident which along with the fact that she was blindfolded for most of it led to barely any credible details for the police. Her flipper DID scene is just her and her friends being captured and then tied and gagged to a post.
Sportsfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sportsfan »

Solarbeast wrote: 1 year ago @Nexus Jessica Alba was actually kidnapped. Supposedly on the set of Flipper she was taken for 14 hours and found tied up and blindfolded in the trunk of a car. She was also supposedly left very traumatized from this incident which along with the fact that she was blindfolded for most of it led to barely any credible details for the police. Her flipper DID scene is just her and her friends being captured and then tied and gagged to a post.
I never once read anything about being traumatized. But I very much remember that they never once found a single shred of evidence as to who did it and Alba couldn't give them any specific details, which was considered strange. The running theory is that she did it to herself, perhaps for longer than intended.
Sportsfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sportsfan »

DuctTapeSilence wrote: 1 year ago To add to your post, I read somewhere that Naomi Watts had to do several reshoots for her scenes in Funny Games as she was getting turned on from being taped up and had trouble staying in character. I’m not sure if it’s true or not.
It's not. Not only can I not find anything about it, the director for both her version of Funny Games and the original starring Susanna Lothar (who had an incredible scene in Polizeiruf 110 before unfortunately passing away) is known for being extremely particular and pretty strict. The remake is shot for shot, and he wanted everything exact, to the point where he even tied up Watts himself. I'm guessing there was no time for funny business on the set of Funny Games.
cellofello
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by cellofello »

An actress definitely not into it is Anabella Sciorra. She was tied up for twelve hours during the making of Whispers in the Dark, and later spoke about how she hated it.
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

Not an actor, but Christina Aguilera has spoken of turning up for photoshoots and having to explain handcuff marks.
GirlBondage
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by GirlBondage »

Eva Longoria (34) revealed her most frivolous secret: she's into bondage sex. Most other women dream of it too - but have you ever tried it?

In "Cosmopolitan Magazine" the hot US star revealed: "I'm into being tied up with silk scarves. I like it when a man takes control. It's exciting and sexy to be submissive to someone in that way."
illest
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by illest »

Cassandra Peterson(Elvira) has been tied up at least a couple of times, once where she was even bound hands, body, and feet with rope and cleave gagged for a bit.

On her Twitter a couple of years back she made light of that with the post "I've never been married before but I have been tied down a few times" with a picture of her tied(no gag) to a chair.
sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

I think Nico Greetham because he's been tied up and gagged in episodes of Power Rangers and twice in American Horror Stories.
ExcessivelyCurious
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ExcessivelyCurious »

sami200456boyfriend wrote: 1 year ago I think Nico Greetham because he's been tied up and gagged in episodes of Power Rangers and twice in American Horror Stories.
Just having a few scenes doesn't necessarily mean he's into it. Now, the amount of times he mentions those scenes on his social media is another story...
Mister The Edge
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mister The Edge »

I do wonder about Alexandra Daddario.
drgoremd
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by drgoremd »

illest wrote: 1 year ago I'm almost sure Selma Hayek is into it.
Salma Hayek is definitely not into it. She specifically nixed a scene in Wild Wild West where she was supposed to be tied up. She told the director he could film her tied up or he could film a scene with her and a spider but not both.
Sportsfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sportsfan »

illest wrote: 1 year ago Cassandra Peterson(Elvira) has been tied up at least a couple of times, once where she was even bound hands, body, and feet with rope and cleave gagged for a bit.

On her Twitter a couple of years back she made light of that with the post "I've never been married before but I have been tied down a few times" with a picture of her tied(no gag) to a chair.
Actors definitely find scenes like that silly if anything. Their jobs are pretty wild if you really think about them, after all. Doesn't mean they're specifically into TUGs necessarily though. Important discrimination to make between finding something fun and finding something thrilling.
Detective-Gag
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Detective-Gag »

Hmm…purely speculation; but I’d be curious if Rosario Dawson has a bit of interest in DiD roles.

She’s been a DiD several times, if memory serves…and even a dominatrix gangster queen in “Sin City”.
smokeyfoggynight

Post by smokeyfoggynight »

Voice actress Tara Strong has tweeted a couple of times over the years about characters she has portrayed being tied up. Highly suspect...
JennyTied
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by JennyTied »

Ariana Grande would be a candidate.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic