Is ok to post a story based on another author's work?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
zenetx
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Is ok to post a story based on another author's work?

Post by zenetx »

I wrote a small fanfic story based on another author's work from this website and was wondering if it's ok to post.

Perhaps worth mentioning that the guy doesn't have an public mail and private messagens doesn't seems to work.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]zenetx[/mention] I don't see why not. Personally, I'd be flattered. I would, however, encourage you to make a brief statement to that effect at the top of the story, stating which author inspired you to write and what story your work is based on.

Additionally, even if a user doesn't have a public email, you can tag/alert said user simply by typing "@personsusername" (ex: [mention]zenetx[/mention]) on this thread or any other.

Hope this helps.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Red86
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Red86 »

I agree with [mention]bondagefreak[/mention] . As long as you are not plagiarizing someone else's story, I see no harm in it. And also as Bondagefreak mentioned, I would consider just adding that disclaimer in the beginning of the story and if it's possible, site the author's name or username and maybe where you saw the orginal story you based it off of.

Just my 2 cents, hope it helps.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

I have used characters from others' pictures and stories in "cameo" appearances in my own stories. Don't really see a problem, as long as proper credit is given.

Drawscore
zenetx
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by zenetx »

OK, thank you guys!
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

HI [mention]zenetx[/mention] ,
You should find that, once you have ten relevant posts under your belt, you should have access to pms.
Qualifying posts include stories and comments on the work of others.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
wataru14
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by wataru14 »

It's always best to get permission, but if that isn't possible, I don't see the harm. As long (as others have said) as you credit the inspiration. Most authors would be flattered, I think.
Straitjacketed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Straitjacketed »

Falling in step with everyone else, basically: so long as it's done respectfully and you're crediting the original author, I think it's generally fine.

If M/M overkill bondage in stupidly excessive amounts of gear is your thing as well as mine, here's a list of my TUG stories.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic