Affordable and durable pantyhose for bondage play

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
subintights
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Affordable and durable pantyhose for bondage play

Post by subintights »

Hi everyone, my first post and question for ya'll!

Being a bondage sub that's into crossdressing, I love the feeling of compression clothing during bondage play, most notably with pantyhose/tights, however, it does get annoying as I buy popular brand names that break upon my first wear/play.

Any suggestions on durable brands of pantyhose/tights you've been able to keep and enjoy for a while? I saw the brand Sheertex which claims to be very durable, but they are quite on the pricey side.

Thank you!
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

I'm curious, what are you doing during your sessions? I've never had pantyhose run on me the first time I wore them for bondage.
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
subintights
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by subintights »

[mention]captured_prize[/mention] For sure, like either just putting them on at first, rope friction deteriorating some pairs, or even accidently having the velcro from restrain straps stick itself, thus pulling and hindering them.
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

subintights wrote: 1 year ago @captured_prize For sure, like either just putting them on at first, rope friction deteriorating some pairs, or even accidently having the velcro from restrain straps stick itself, thus pulling and hindering them.
Thank you for the info. When putting them on, you want them bunched up and only putting your feet in first. You can then start to unroll them. Take your time in doing this. Tights and pantyhose aren't meant to be pulled up like pants.

I guess just be aware of friction points and try struggling less. I know for some people, that isn't as much fun, but it should help. Granted, I do next to no struggling.

Never used velcro for bondage, so I can't help you there.
Last edited by captured_prize 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
subintights
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by subintights »

Thanks [mention]captured_prize[/mention] ! Realizing too that a lot of it is well controlled on how "agressive" I play with them, and yea, going to step away from velcro for sure and invest in better quality restraints! Cheers!
rtbw
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by rtbw »

[mention]subintights[/mention] I agree being in tights takes bondage to a different level.

I wear dance/ballet tights. They go well with my outfit when I'm dressed as Robin the Boy Wonder, and I think they naturally hold up better because they're performance apparel. I definitely struggle when I'm tied up as Robin, and my tights stay in good shape for a long time.
subintights
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by subintights »

[mention]rtbw[/mention] Ohh that's good to know! Never tried ballet tights, I'll give it a shot!

And right?! I can't seem to do bondage without compression clothing, a must duo for me. Thank you!
tiedinbluetights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by tiedinbluetights »

Sheertex is indeed pricey, and while not truly indestructible (the sheerer ones, under 40 denier, while they won't tear easily, will form uneven patched threads when snagged that are difficult to smooth out), they are far more resistant to tears and snags than other brands. I have a couple of opaque pairs that have survived several bondage sessions, so I think they are worth it. However, the blend they use is not as comfortable against my skin as some of my thicker DIMs and CK tights, that have also lasted through just as many tie-up games. In general, regardless of brand, the more opaque (higher in denier) and the thicker they are, the more resistant they are too.

Medical compression stockings can also be an alternative, if you can find a cheap local supplier.

As for other brands, I've seen a few other online sellers that supposedly sell tights and pantyhose claimed to be indestructible at far cheaper prices than Sheertex or medical compression stocking suppliers (a simple Google search for "indestructible tights" turns a whole bunch of them up, including on Amazon). However, I've not tried any of those other brands as annoyingly they provide no information whatsoever of where they are headquartered or manufactured, indicating that they are probably knock-offs using sweat-shop labour.
💙 Love to be tied-up 💙
I read and write stories for fun
Open to friendly PMs
(I don't do roleplays nor story requests)
subintights
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by subintights »

Thank you [mention]tiedinbluetights[/mention] !

Never thought of medical compression tights, just the sound of it is intriguing! But very good points, I think I've also just never been going thick enough in deniers, where I should focus more on that!
tiedinbluetights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by tiedinbluetights »

subintights wrote: 1 year ago Thank you @tiedinbluetights !

Never thought of medical compression tights, just the sound of it is intriguing! But very good points, I think I've also just never been going thick enough in deniers, where I should focus more on that!
I'm glad I was of some help! I do need to caution, however! I'd hate to be the source of medical complications.

If you do try out medical compression tights and stockings, do go for mild (lowest pressure) compression ones, especially if you plan on staying tied-up or otherwise immobile in them for an extended period of time. As a compression fetishist myself, I love the idea of being compressed by tight garments (compression tights, corsets, etc.) but too much compression is just as bad as ropes that are too tight. Compression wear on the legs is meant to aid blood circulation back up to the core while standing, sitting or walking about. While lying horizontally, or otherwise relaxing with legs elevated, the compression tight might lead to the opposite of a desirable effect by not allowing enough blood back into your legs.

So, if doing self bondage, be mindful to only use the lightest compression grade and always practice it safe by allowing yourself flexibility and movement. I'm lucky yo have a lovely wife who helps fulfill some of my fantasies, so she is always monitoring me checking to make sure circulation and muscle spasms are not an issue (especially when tied-up tight and laced up tight into my corset).

Aside from that, wearing medical grade compression tights/stockings under your normal work clothes can feel like a private/personal mini-bondage session going on under your clothes with your co-workers none the wiser!
💙 Love to be tied-up 💙
I read and write stories for fun
Open to friendly PMs
(I don't do roleplays nor story requests)
subintights
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by subintights »

Very true and good point [mention]tiedinbluetights[/mention] . Like everything in self bondage, must be done with precaution!

Very happy to hear you have a partner supporting your fantasies. My partner has been opening up more and more to it, and it's been a blessing just to have her support.

Let's enjoy the ride and play safe!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic