Tied up on stage

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
angim350
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Tied up on stage

Post by angim350 »

Hey all

Apologies (again!) if there is already a thread on this!

I was just wondering if anyone has ever had to be tied up for a stage show, such as for doing a play, or on stage in general? Wondering how it was for you, especially with our (usually) secret interest in this type of thing lol!
wataru14
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by wataru14 »

I've never been tied up on stage, but I have tied up others on stage. There are several musicals that feature bondage.

- My Favorite Year has King Kaiser (the Sid Caesar character) tied up onstage by clowns. His partner, Alice, agreed to do the show if he lets her have "one gag" and he keeps upstaging her. So she has clowns tie him to a chair and gags him. He mpphhs on the soundtrack. (I've done this one)

- Scarlet Pimpernel has the French soldiers tied back to back by Percy's men at the end of the Rescue Ballet. And at the end they capture the villain and Percy tells them to "Tie him up." They do, and Percy gags him. (I've done this one as well) It also has men tied on their way to the guillotine.

- The Hunchback of Notre Dame has Quasimodo and Phoebus tied up and gagged onstage by gypsies at the Court of Miracles. Clopin teases them about being gagged and they mmpgggh as well. (I am doing this show now, but I don't know if I'm in that scene yet)

- City of Angels has a scene where gumshoe Stone is tied and gagged by thugs and has a bomb placed near him. He says to them as they're tying him "Not bad for a guy who probably can't even tie his own shoes." He also gets handcuffed by police onstage and spends a whole number cuffed behind his back.

- Crazy for You features a group number ("Slap that Bass") where the cowboys are often hogtied by the showgirls. And Link the bartender gets tied and gagged onstage by Irene in "Naughty Baby."

- Jesus Christ Superstar has the title character tied up for most of the second act, but considering the subject matter, your mileage may vary.

- The Music Man has Harold Hill tied up by the townspeople at the end before his redemption.

- Parade has the main character tied up by a lynch mob at the end, but again, considering the subject matter, your mileage may vary.
Detective-Gag
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Detective-Gag »

wataru14 wrote: 1 year ago
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame has Quasimodo and Phoebus tied up and gagged onstage by gypsies at the Court of Miracles. Clopin teases them about being gagged and they mmpgggh as well. (I am doing this show now, but I don't know if I'm in that scene yet)
It never occurred to me that the animated movie would get adapted to a live stage musical…but that makes perfect sense, given a Disney classic’s popularity.

Was a fan of that scene in the animated original. Hope you get to be in the scene in some capacity.
FoxOne
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by FoxOne »

Oh, that's an interesting topic. It never happened to me to be tied up or be the one who ties up on stage unfortunately. I'm especially curious about female roles.
sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

In a Hansel Gretel play once. In the cage of course
drgoremd
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by drgoremd »

FoxOne wrote: 1 year ago Oh, that's an interesting topic. It never happened to me to be tied up or be the one who ties up on stage unfortunately. I'm especially curious about female roles.
Urinetown is one of the most common examples of girls being tied up on stage. If you search "Snuff That Girl" you'll find dozens of photos of bound and gagged girls.
FoxOne
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by FoxOne »

drgoremd wrote: 1 year ago Urinetown is one of the most common examples of girls being tied up on stage. If you search "Snuff That Girl" you'll find dozens of photos of bound and gagged girls.
Yeah, I know about Urinetown but I'd love to know also about some other stage plays.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic