New with a Question(s)

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Gaggedcowgirl
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

New with a Question(s)

Post by Gaggedcowgirl »

Greetings (hoping this is the right section for this topic. Apologies if it’s a repeat question)

Contrary to my name, I’m actually a guy. Western bondage is one of my interests (but I wouldn’t say the main one). I apologize in advance if I’m wordy, I’m kind of nervous since it’s my first time ever joining a forum/community like this.

Have been into m/f since I was very young. The very occasional m/m (ieAladdin)

I was curious as to what exactly got you “into” tying up girls and why. Mostly the gags part.

For me, I specifically remember the well known Aladdin scene. For some reason, seeing him helpless and the muffled sounds really caught my attention. But to this day, I don’t understand why “mmphing” is arousing to me.

I really got into it when I ready the Lilac Inn Nancy Drew story and I searched her out. Something about her being helpless and gagged, even while not audible was very arousing.

I’ve always wanted to know how others found out they liked it in hopes that maybe I’ll understand myself.

I come from a community that is very against this kind of stuff. I have so much I want to get off my chest but I’m really scared of being shunned and looked at as a monster. My self-esteem is already nonexistent (past circumstances) and it makes it hard to reach out. Luckily, my therapist has been supportive and understanding. It was from her I learned that it’s actually fairly normal. She encouraged me to seek out knowledge from others.

Thank you for your time, hope that this wasn’t a bad introduction.
that1kid13
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by that1kid13 »

Hiii!! You’re not weird or out of place look how many people are on this site liking the same things. I’m not sure if you have tik tok either but it’s figured out my algorithm of liking kinky videos and that’s all I see. There’s thousands if not millions of people liking and commenting on those videos. It’s kinda refreshing to know you’re not alone if that makes sense.

Be who you want to be on here nobody will judge you for that . Get involved and have fun. Feel free to reach out anytime if you need anything 💜
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

Hello and welcome to the board!

I understand your feelings, as for the longest time I thought my kinks were weird. It was only after exploring around the internet that I found that they were more common than I previously thought. Even then, I was still terrified of even mentioning anything about bondage online, despite being anonimus. I discovered this site a few years ago and decided to get over that hump and join. This is a very accepting community and has helped me being more comfortable with who I am. Hopefully it will do the same for you!
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
PrinceProdigal

Post by PrinceProdigal »

Yes, as you can see here you are not alone. To have these thoughts/desires is perfectly normal and human. I'm glad you've found a supportive therapist. Be careful and play safely, with yourself and others.
SwitchException
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by SwitchException »

Gaggedcowgirl wrote: 1 year ago Greetings (hoping this is the right section for this topic. Apologies if it’s a repeat question)

Contrary to my name, I’m actually a guy. Western bondage is one of my interests (but I wouldn’t say the main one). I apologize in advance if I’m wordy, I’m kind of nervous since it’s my first time ever joining a forum/community like this.

Have been into m/f since I was very young. The very occasional m/m (ieAladdin)

I was curious as to what exactly got you “into” tying up girls and why. Mostly the gags part.

For me, I specifically remember the well known Aladdin scene. For some reason, seeing him helpless and the muffled sounds really caught my attention. But to this day, I don’t understand why “mmphing” is arousing to me.

I really got into it when I ready the Lilac Inn Nancy Drew story and I searched her out. Something about her being helpless and gagged, even while not audible was very arousing.

I’ve always wanted to know how others found out they liked it in hopes that maybe I’ll understand myself.

I come from a community that is very against this kind of stuff. I have so much I want to get off my chest but I’m really scared of being shunned and looked at as a monster. My self-esteem is already nonexistent (past circumstances) and it makes it hard to reach out. Luckily, my therapist has been supportive and understanding. It was from her I learned that it’s actually fairly normal. She encouraged me to seek out knowledge from others.

Thank you for your time, hope that this wasn’t a bad introduction.
Hey man.

Don't worry, consider that those kind of fantasies are more common that you could imagine.

Consider that I had two girlfriend, and both of them are involved in some kind of TUG or in bondage (even with me). I think that a lot of people like this stuff, but it is too asmahed for sharing/enjoying it.
Discord ID: SwitchException#4987
Kik: SwitchException
rtbw
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by rtbw »

What a wonderful time to live where we have Internet boards like this to show that you're not alone in having these kinds of interests.

Every person in the world has at least one secret they don't want the world to know. Some of them are really bad, even to the point of wanting to harm others. If you think of it that way, our shared interest in safely playing bondage games isn't a big deal.

Anyway, there are more people into this stuff than you think as others have said here. And there are also people who won't judge you for it. For me, I've been lucky to marry someone who knows about this side of me and accepts it even though she doesn't understand it. I hope you can find supportive people, but you have this website for now!
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

It's a pretty common thing for people to be interested in bondage. I got interested at a pretty young age. Cartoons and books were my first inspirations, especially Ninja Turtles (I came along just in time to be a fan when it was an absolutely massive cultural force) at a younger age and detective books when I got a little older. Even now, it's continued with an interest in detective, mystery, and spy adventures which may or may not lead to someone getting captured. In the earliest days, it was just more of a part of the adventure for me, but before too long I started focusing on the binding and gagging itself. The Aladdin scene had an impact on me, too, though I was well into elementary school and already had some interest before then. I can't say any specific scene influenced me.

Nothing about being interested in tying someone up makes you a monster. You could definitely become obsessed to an unhealthy level, but that's true of a lot of things.
Gaggedcowgirl
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Gaggedcowgirl »

I want to take the time to thank you all for your kind thoughts, words, and for sharing your experiences. They are all very much appreciated and it’s comforting to me knowing that this is a safe and welcoming community.
Detective-Gag
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Detective-Gag »

It’s always a relief to know that a certain…aesthetic, let’s say…isn’t as uncommon as you might imagine.

It’s actually VERY common; it’s just that since it isn’t everybody’s cup of tea; you have to sort of dance around the topic until you’re positive the people you know well enough are cool with it.

I find that to be only polite; and so long as nobody gets hurt…and is having fun with it…it is a thrilling fantasy to admire and / or act out.

And yeah…those cartoons, movies & TV shows really put ideas in our heads when we’re growing up, don’t they?

Welcome to the site!
uemndlr
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by uemndlr »

Detective-Gag wrote: 1 year ago And yeah…those cartoons, movies & TV shows really put ideas in our heads when we’re growing up, don’t they?
I've always wondered to what extent it was those media putting ideas into my head, or were the ideas always there to begin with? Has anybody ever investigated whether such an interest is innate, or triggered by early media exposure?
U+101D3
Detective-Gag
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Detective-Gag »

uemndlr wrote: 1 year ago
Detective-Gag wrote: 1 year ago And yeah…those cartoons, movies & TV shows really put ideas in our heads when we’re growing up, don’t they?
I've always wondered to what extent it was those media putting ideas into my head, or were the ideas always there to begin with? Has anybody ever investigated whether such an interest is innate, or triggered by early media exposure?
(produces a pair of spectacles)

I would hazard to say that the circumstance itself is presented to us; and as we process the information, we find aspects of the scenario or fantasy to be appealing, or we attempt to understand the motivations behind it.

If there is any “predisposition”, it would have to be a type of sensation that we find appealing (the feeling of being tied), or simply a visual we find appealing (the image of another person bound, or ourselves).

In most cases, I would say we wouldn’t even begin to understand the concept without seeing it firsthand.
Red86
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Red86 »

As you can see, this a nice community here and being interested in bondage is pretty normal. In fact, almost so normal, I often wonder how many people are still keeping it to themselves to this day and not telling another sole.

I like so many others have been interested in bondage since a young age. I believe I was around 6 or 7 at the time when I 1st tried tying someone up (at that age, memory isn't the greatest). I am not 100% sure what got me interested but I'm pretty sure it was cartoons in the late 80's, early 90's and old western movies too. I definitely remember being interested in those westerns that featured both guys and girls getting tied as I got slightly older.

I always thought it was a weird thing but as I got older, the internet became a household thing and started filling up with people with similar interests, I realized it wasn't as weird as I thought. It still took me a long while to finally break the ice and start chating with others about it here. I am definitely not public about this stuff and it does seem you need to tip-toe around others about your interests in normal life but I'm glad I finally got off my rear and made an account here almost 4 years ago. I've made several friends here including several that I'll eventually meet up with to have some bondage fun!
Mr Underheel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mr Underheel »

I used to think the same thing: that I was the only person freaky enough to like bondage. This was before the web and before I had ever gone into an adult bookstore. That opened my eyes to a whole new world!

I still think I am weird, though. I met a Domme who lets me clean her apartment while I am mostly naked and partially bound. Anyone else have that fantasy?
PanelGaggedPrincess
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by PanelGaggedPrincess »

Mr Underheel wrote: 1 year ago I used to think the same thing: that I was the only person freaky enough to like bondage. This was before the web and before I had ever gone into an adult bookstore. That opened my eyes to a whole new world!

I still think I am weird, though. I met a Domme who lets me clean her apartment while I am mostly naked and partially bound. Anyone else have that fantasy?
I've had that fantasy too, although I'm not naked in it. I have served drinks to my partners irl, though.

Gaggedcowgirl, I started out similar to you. Seeing a cartoon character bound and gagged was interesting to me but at the time I couldn't explain why. As I went through puberty, I realized that bondage was arousing to me. I ended up being into some of the harder bdsm elements all the while grappling with my sexuality.

While I was aware that bdsm wasn't as looked down upon as in the past and being bi is more accepted, there was this part of me that wanted to be "normal". Growing up, I was taught to not be ashamed of who you are, but it truly didn't resonate with me until I was in college. I was speaking with a counselor and even some members of the LGBT community, and it was with their encouragement I truly embraced who I am.

While I don't openly speak about my bondage tastes irl, I do accept that it's a part of who I am and won't deny myself just because others might look down upon it. Gaggedcowgirl, don't be ashamed of who you are. If others can't accept you for who you are, that's their problem.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic