ADVICE: Self-tying chest harness?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
ropeladygags
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

ADVICE: Self-tying chest harness?

Post by ropeladygags »

Hello, everyone! I know you are all a very supportive bunch and I am wondering if someone has any advice.

Is there a way to do a rope chest harness in a self-tying scenario? I can't think of any way to do it unless someone else is tying me up. I just haven't built up the courage to ask my best friend to do this for me. I don't know how she would take it.
Mister The Edge
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mister The Edge »

Yeah, it's doable. You can find tutorials on YouTube.
RopeBunny
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by RopeBunny »

Agreed, it is doable, and as previously mentioned YouTube is your friend.
sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

YouTube videos has answers
Damsel-Dilara-Dee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Damsel-Dilara-Dee »

I would second the recs above and also start with this tutorial: https://www.theduchy.com/bikini-harness/

If you would like to get your arms through the harness as well, I would recommend trying to leave enough slack in the rope to cover more than the diameter of your arm (I like to do it by tying over one arm with the other free and leaving slack, or using an object like a rolling pin or water bottle to create slack) and then thread your arms through after you're done.
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

I'd love to be able to tie up my arms and chest and efficiently. Chest ties are just as important as the hands and legs in my ideal tie-up position.
leconteur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by leconteur »

I would invest in some 6mm or even better 8mm guage jute or hemp rope. It's far easier to knot and unknot than your standard clothesline and if you keep it oiled its far more safe for self ties as you can work with it better. Be sure to be careful where you get jute from though, jute bailing oil is being investigated for carcinogenic properties. Rawganique.com is a good source.

Always keep a pair of emt fabric shears near in case of an emergency and only use safety-release knots, that is both ends of each ropes (ends and the bight) need to be left tied with a loop left exposed. There are resources for this available, its essentially like tying your shoes, just leaving one of the loops out.
33/m/rope bunny Always willing to answer questions and provide guidance where it is requested.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic