Why do people delete accounts?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
JulieG
Millennial Club
Millennial Club
Location: Tied up and spanked over your knee, or in the dungeon tormenting you!

Why do people delete accounts?

Post by JulieG »

Any idea why so many people (bourbonbeard, bound with ropes and many more) are not just leaving the board but asking to have accounts deleted? Some are even active members who then ask to be deleted, posting the day before deletion. I can understand someone busy in real life fading away and not logging on, but why request to be deleted?
NabHer
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NabHer »

This usually happens with folks who wish to distance themselves from certain communities from my experience (regardless of whether its kink related or not)
MrFingers
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by MrFingers »

Fear of discovery I imagine. Someone from my day to day life who doesn’t know about my kink for tied up and gagged ladies finding out about it is a nightmare scenario for me.
Jaaaake
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Jaaaake »

On a different forum/website relating to a similar topic like Tie Up stories, I've deleted my account before. I had posted a few pics of myself (none of my face) but I just felt like I wasn't interested in doing anything on the website anymore. I thought at the time I wouldn't care much but I do somewhat regret deleting it. I think part of me felt like if I wasn't going to be on the forum anymore, then there wasn't any point in leaving up the pics I posted just in case. I think its up to the user though and they should have the option to delete their account if they want. I would however also question why people are deleting their accounts if a bunch of people did it at once though.
DallasNotAustin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DallasNotAustin »

Ill echo what some other folks have said here and agree that maybe its people just moving on. I know quite a few people have move past the point in their lives where they interact on forums like this and deactivating an account is sort of a final way to bookend a chapter in life.

I myself have toyed with the idea, even if Ive never gone through with it (obviously, Im still here!). I think it just is a way for some people to move on and not be tempted to come back. Just my two cents though.
Your local catboy maid & sock enthusiast.

If you're reading this, you can do me a huge favor and have a great day!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic