When it comes to superheroes getting tied up

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
banshee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

When it comes to superheroes getting tied up

Post by banshee »

Maybe an overly specific question but I think most of us have enjoyed seeing a superhero get tied up as part of a movie/show at least once, if you enjoy such type of scenarios or would simply like to share your thoughts I'd like to know your opinion of the following.

When it comes to superheroes getting tied up, do you prefer:

- Their powers being suppressed in a way which makes it easier (or even possible) to restrain them (AKA the classic kryptonite).

- When authors work around the character's powers to find creative ways to restrain them.
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

Honestly, while I love creative manners of restraint and getting around powers, I love the suppression of powers because of the visceral sense of helplessness it elicits in the captive.

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
Vanguards
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Vanguards »

I love it when a superheroine gets tied up and looses their powers becoming a helpless damsel (Wonder Woman) especially when a gag is added.
Ventisocks
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Ventisocks »

If their super power involves them talking then they most certainly get gagged anyways and it's the rare area where I'm like the super heroine Raven or Ray Ray as I like to call her

She gets gagged or bound whenever she is stopped by a bad guy in original teen titans.
Thought it was always cute and funny whenever she would charge up and go for a spell on to be quickly muffle silenced and look veeeewwwwyyy angry
We can have bondage fetished fun just DM me
Treville
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Treville »

I prefer when they lose their powers. It is something very appealing off the defeat when they are powerless.
Bigballgag1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bigballgag1 »

I agree losing their powers. I like the sudden realisation when they go to use them and what they expect to happen doesn’t happen. :lol: :lol:
sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

Powerless.

But if the super hero has to say a word like Billy batson definitely need a Gag.
Red86
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Red86 »

- Their powers being suppressed in a way which makes it easier (or even possible) to restrain them (AKA the classic kryptonite).
- When authors work around the character's powers to find creative ways to restrain them.

Can I go with both 😅. If I was to choose one, I chose their powers being suppressed. No sense of needing to tiptoe around their powers when you could just have their kryptonite suppressing their power!
Stoutland395
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stoutland395 »

I saw a couple comic panels of one of the new Spiderman stories. Peter Parker was on a plane with Doc Oc in control. Peter was strapped to the seat with dozens of belts, and Octavius was playing with one of Peter's web shooters. He pressed a button and sprayed web gunk all over Peter's mouth, gagging him. Octavius then went on a super villain rant, and Peter had this cute angry look on his face the whole time. He eventually escaped. In addition to a hero losing their powers, I like the idea of their tools being used against them.

Spiderman has super strength, so it would be easy for him to escape ropes and even handcuffs if he wanted, but his webs are made of stronger-than-steel material that eventually dissolves. Super strength is practically meaningless against it, so I'm surprised that there isn't more use of his own weapon being turned against him. Even having his hands and feet webbed together, then having him strung up in a spoof on the classic Spiderman pose. I can see that in an early days of Spiderman story arc, easily.

I tend to prefer the work-around as opposed to them getting de-powered. In the Spiderman example, despite his super strength, he was still rendered helpless (for a time). All that super strength, and he couldn't do anything in that moment, then Octavius gagged him so he couldn't make his silly quips. He was forced to sit with an angry expression on his face until the opportunity to escape presented itself.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic