Can a safe boxtie / takategote be inescapeable?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
takeru
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Can a safe boxtie / takategote be inescapeable?

Post by takeru »

Hi! So, I finally ran into someone by creating a TUG-centric profile on Tinder. She has been an amazing person, both in terms of personality as well as in wanting to be tied up.

At this point of time, we have tried about 3-4 variants of boxtie using a 10mm jute rope. But unfortunately, all of them have been escapeable. They don't come loose by any means, but they will definitely not hold an unwilling victim. We also did some analysis, and it seems the weak-link is the wrist ropes. I don't want to tie it so tightly so as to cutoff circulation, but then it is always possible for her or for me to get out of it. As far as the reinforcing ropes around the arms and chest go, they are okay, but they still leave enough slack for moving the arns to undo the wrist ropes. So, we are almost about to give up on this, but I thought I should check it with you TUG-lovers before giving up :D!
Lucky Lottie
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Lucky Lottie »

I used to run a peer rope group out of my house until I moved for work. Box ties come in two flavours if you want to get technical. Wrist to wrist, and wrist to elbow. Wrist to elbow is preferable but not always possible if the model isn't flexible enough. I'm a struggler and I've had difficulties with them. You need to make sure the knot isn't actually on the elbow nor wrist.

Wrist to wrist ties are a lot easier to get out, I'd hazard a guess that your rope buddy has dexterous hands. I have skinny wrists and therefore it's pretty hard to stop me from rotating them. I found the hardest ones to shake were where they were pulled up towards my upper back with ropes over the shoulders or down with a crotch rope. If you tie them without those anchors it is almost laughably easy to wiggle out.

Full disclosure my main goal with my rope group was suspensions and therefore all the chest harnesses we practiced were for such tasks. There really can't be much movement in the arms as the point of a boxtie is to make the upper body function as one piece to allow for safer distribution of weight when under load.

I always got out of slack ones by "chicken winging" ie. Pulling my elbows towards each other by jutting out my chest and then releasing quickly so the rope sort of hops down the arm giving slack. My friends stopped this by only really tying my wrists to the opposite elbow and pulling them as close together as they could comfortably. I normally had my hands poking out from either side of my body so there wasn't any knots to reach on the first place.

I have been in the other side of the rope too. Sometimes you just have to make up a slightly different style for each model. Larger or less flexible people can actually be harder to tie because the body is able to compress over time.and give slack. It sounds like a cop out but there is no real one size fits all boxtie. What works in restraining me might not work for your rope buddy.

Only general advice I have is remove all knots from the arms and try to anchor them somewhere high like between the shoulder blades (adding an extra rope is worth it). And get used to tying the arms tighter, learn where your rope buddys pressure points are and avoid them. It isn't always obvious where they are, I for one actually prefer the cinching of the arms go really high (almost into the armpits) and really low, the middle of my upper arms cause me to loose feeling because the muscle there pushes my veins inwards.

I have a few pics on my FetLife (same name as I use here) with both types in use. Don't know if it'll help you but by all means take a gander.

Good luck with your rope buddy 🙂
In her natural habitat is:
-Giddy when approached
-Passive when suspended
-Bratty when loose
-Obedient when cuddled
-Cheeky when gagged
-Truly happy when tickled
takeru
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by takeru »

Oh! A peer rope group does sound fun :)!

And yup, compared to the tightness of the loops around the wrist, both of us definitely have skinny wrists and we keep pulling them out of it. Chicken-winging has also been a strategy that I have been using. Yup, we can definitely try pulling the wrists to the elbow wrists, and tightening the chest harness further.

I guess we will just need to keep experimenting - even one experiment every meetup can go a long way :D

And thank you very much for sharing your experience!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic