Fictional vs. True TUG stories

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
cj2125

Fictional vs. True TUG stories

Post by cj2125 »

There has been a certain discussion in a story regarding whether it was true or not. As a mod, I feel the need to explain my position about it. Though the mod team doesn't have an official policy regaridng fake "true" stories, based on how we've dealt with them in the past, I think the other mods might agree with me.

True Stories, as the name suggest, are meant to tell personal experiences we've had dealing with TUGs, any fantastic story, including those based on realistic scenarios (aka. My friend tied me up in his houe all weekend without any breaks), should go to Fictional Stories. It's impossible and discouraged to check the veracity of every True Story, even those that might feel fake to some of us, could as well be real, and interrogating every writter won't be constructive. True stories can be embelished for the sake of entertanment, importan details might be left out, or just their memories might paint a different picture of what really happened. None of those aspects make these stories "fake."

But, where we draw the line, is when "true" stories glorify behaviors that are dangerous, toxic or outright illegal if replicated. In the past we have moved against "true" stories that glorified lack of consent or rape (hence we established the current rules). That's not to say that these things can't be depicted in Fictional Stories (as long as no rules are broken), there is an understanding that people will know that the actions depicted in a Fictional Story might not be accurate to reality. The problem comes when True Stories depict those actions, it gives them legitimacy and can encourage other users (particularly young ones) to follow the example. For example, parents punishing their kids by tying them up is mostly okay in a fictional story, while if presented as a true story, I would caution that behaviour can be considered child abuse.

Basically, just enjoy the stories, whether fictional or true, and only question a True Story's veracity (without harrassing the author) if you feel that they are pushing for a problematic behavior.
StealthCharlotte
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by StealthCharlotte »

Talking about my story here?. All of it was true, but I understand why you would say it’s fictional so others don’t repeat it. That being said why wasn’t it moved to fiction instead of being deleted (even though it is true)?
Apparently I’m not aloud to put contact info here. Kind of annoying since the message system on here doesn’t refresh on its own. But anyway, if you want to get to know me message me.
bbb
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by bbb »

Thanks for all you do.

I have posted a few of my experiences, and while they did in each case feature risky behavior (leaving captives alone, breathplay w/o a clear safeword/sound, not having safewords in general with the understanding that the 'TOP' will respect them without reservation), I made it clear that these were really dopey things we did at the time. Thanks for keeping them in the story list. It's good to share experiences so that people's future TUGs will be fun AND safe!

That being said, I do wish our members here would be honest about 'What really happened to them' vs. 'I wish this happened'. I have to be honest: about half the stories I read in the 'True Stories' section leave me privately calling 'BS'. Maybe I'm wrong, but a lot of them have more than a bit of a fakey 'Penthouse Letters' whiff to them. It's OK to burnish little things like the dialogue, but the basic facts (what happened, methods, etc.) should be accurate, IMHO.

It's OK to have a vivid imagination; E. L. James became richer than god writing was originally fan fiction (she the author of the '50 Shades' franchise). Just post is as fiction; please don't BS us, OK?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic