I got a DWI

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
ricktied
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

I got a DWI

Post by ricktied »

Not sure if this should be here or on the story page. Backbin January I got a DWI. My first in 43vyears. It was a total embarrassment to me. For various reasons. Totally ruined my life.

More importantly I was placed in handcuffs and put in the squad car and kind of liked the fact I wasn't getting out of those cuffs until the cop took them off. I was very respectful and was wearing an army coat that told the cop I was a veteran and he really didn't want to take me in. Because of Minnesotas dui laws, and the body cam he had turned on I was screwed. We went to the police department and the process started and the cuffs were taken off.

When it was time to go to the jail I was advised the jail required handcuffs, but I could wear them up front. I kind of said to myself "shit". I guess the question I have is how would youvrespond in this situation, and does that mean I'm getting a bit to in to this stuff. By the way I look at handcuffs a whole new way now.
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

What's a DWI?

Not aware of jails requiring handcuffs.

I wouldn't know how I'd respond personally. Although am probably a risk at getting arrested because of being an activist and try not to get involved in certain actions. Can't get arrested anyway because of my disability benefits, which I can't lose.
Ebascoray
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Ebascoray »

Terry: I see that ricktied hasn't replied to you yet, so I'll enlighten you: DWI stands for "Driving While Intoxicated." Drunk driving, which is a "no-no" in just about every jurisdiction all over the world. There ya go.-----Ebascoray
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

Thanks
shyguy92
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by shyguy92 »

Terry wrote: 10 months ago What's a DWI?

I wouldn't know how I'd respond personally. Although am probably a risk at getting arrested because of being an activist and try not to get involved in certain actions. Can't get arrested anyway because of my disability benefits, which I can't lose.
Also, jails in the US frequently DO require cuffs, even if it's short term. Training for our law enforcement heavily emphasizes taking physical control ASAP and keeping it. Being fair, that's because there is a decidedly non-zero chance of said officers getting shot, which isn't something UK officers usually have to think about.
Haunts
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Haunts »

shyguy92 wrote: 10 months ago

Also, jails in the US frequently DO require cuffs, even if it's short term. Training for our law enforcement heavily emphasizes taking physical control ASAP and keeping it. Being fair, that's because there is a decidedly non-zero chance of said officers getting shot, which isn't something UK officers usually have to think about.
This is actually a massive ancillary problem to 2nd amendment in the usa. Not sure how you or any other Americans feel about it, but as a non American the proliferation of weapons strikes me as a massive problem.
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

Haunts wrote: 10 months ago

This is actually a massive ancillary problem to 2nd amendment in the usa. Not sure how you or any other Americans feel about it, but as a non American the proliferation of weapons strikes me as a massive problem.
I'll speak from my prospective as an American who's grown up around and used guns. The problem is a combination of irresponsible gun owners as well as background checks that really need to be more thourough. The mental health crisis that the US is having certainly isn't helping either. Banning guns won't solve the problem, as criminals will always find a way to obtain guns. This not only unfairly punishes those who are responsible gun owners, but also leaves them defenseless. In states that allow open-carry, crime rates are lower (sadly not the case with conceal-carry though). The proliferation of guns isn't the problem, the problem is that gun laws sometimes allow people to obtain guns who shouldn't have them to begin with.

Interesting fact: American gun culture actually pre-dates The United States. Back in colonial times, men ages 16-60 were required by law to own guns, as there wasn't much of a standing army based in the colonies and locals would have to organize their own militia to combat any threats.

Please, let's not have this thread devolve into a debate about US gun laws.
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
Haunts
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Haunts »

captured_prize wrote: 10 months ago
Haunts wrote: 10 months ago

I'll speak from my prospective as an American who's grown up around and used guns. The problem is a combination of irresponsible gun owners as well as background checks that really need to be more thourough. The mental health crisis that the US is having certainly isn't helping either. Banning guns won't solve the problem, as criminals will always find a way to obtain guns. This not only unfairly punishes those who are responsible gun owners, but also leaves them defenseless. In states that allow open-carry, crime rates are lower (sadly not the case with conceal-carry though). The proliferation of guns isn't the problem, the problem is that gun laws sometimes allow people to obtain guns who shouldn't have them to begin with.

Interesting fact: American gun culture actually pre-dates The United States. Back in colonial times, men ages 16-60 were required by law to own guns, as there wasn't much of a standing army based in the colonies and locals would have to organize their own militia to combat any threats.

Please, let's not have this thread devolve into a debate about US gun laws.
I didn't intend to start a debate it was only an observation.

Suffice to say cops everywhere use cuffs but I 100% believe they get used more in America for the above reason. Which could be exciting.
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

[mention]Haunts[/mention] Oh I know you weren't. That last line was for others who might get the idea to do so. I don't want that to happen as that will get the thread closed.
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
ricktied
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ricktied »

Hello all. Just after this post was made I had a problem with my account and password. It finally worked. I didn't mean to start anything. In axway it was supposed to be a funny way of dealing with the situation. I'm actually very sorry it all happened and have gone through some mental difficulties as well from it. I really just want everyone to have fun on here, and I'm sorry for not being able to respond.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic