M/M Stories Featuring Sockgags

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

M/M Stories Featuring Sockgags

Post by bondagefreak »

Been noticing quite a few M/M stories popping up on the forum over the past six months; many of them quite prominently featuring sockgag scenes and the like. Sockgags have always been very popular here (especially with M/M, F/M and F/F readers) but lots of the newer stuff being posted isn't garnering much attention or enthusiasm from the M/M crowd.

I'm no expert, but I've written a lot for the guys on this forum and have tried many styles since my beginnings here in 2011. Guys here generally aren't going to be enthralled by a run-of-the-mill, hastily described sockgag scene. If you're writing something in the hopes of appealing to that particular crowd, here are some of the things your target audience will really be looking for:

- Why are sock(s) being used? Convenience? Lack of other materials? Humiliation?
- Whose sock(s) are being used as gags? What is the wearer's relationship (or lack thereof) with the victim?
- Condition of said socks. No need to go into great detail, but at least some should be included.
- Victim's reaction.
- Dialogue surrounding the gag is also very popular with readers here.
- Post-gagging attempts to speak (if it makes sense to include it).

Including or excluding some of the above elements will often make a big difference in whether or not readers who enjoy sockgags gloss over the story or really get into it and leave feedback. Hopefully, this will be of some help to new or aspiring tug authors trying to appeal to that specific crowd.

For additional insight into what the local M/M sockgag aficionados here are into, check out the M/M SOCKGAG-RELATED SURVEY
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Stormee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stormee »

When I think of socks gags being in used, it's more the humiliation part if an older brother is gaging his younger with his socks, it makes a perfect reaction. Especially if the older brother is a gym user and worn those socks lots of times. Plus it's convenient for a quick gagging.

Where the socks come from can be from anyone. The victim or captor. Cantor's friend if two people are tying up a victim. Especially if the victim is the little brother or cousin, makes it more funny.

The conditions I look for in sock gags, how often the wearer has worn them, enough to make a victim squirm to the smell and taste. The victim trying to talk his way out of it is funny and hearing how silent the stuffing can be is better when they try to talk to the captor through their gag.
Banner created by Bondagefreak

My Other Stories:
Stormee's Stories List
OrdinaryWorld
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by OrdinaryWorld »

Fully agree with bondagefreak's assertions. I certainly find it interesting how important socks and sockgags are to the M/M community though. It is true that many of us would appreciate but not really be satisfied by a hasty or cobbled-together scene involving a sockgag.

Personally, it's the condition of the socks for me, along with the wearer's looks and dialogue. Nothing gets me going more than an athletic/fit male having absolutely rank soles and week-old socks which reek, being forced into the mouth of a victim who can't cope with their smell or taste. The detailed descriptions of that just make it so much better :lol:

Cheers to bondagefreak for the banner!
Footsub123
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Footsub123 »

I agree with [mention]bondagefreak[/mention] that some of the best sockgag stories on here go into all this detail. I'm not sure why a lot of us m/m readers love sock gags, I think it's maybe to do with the intersection between bondage and foot fetishes in the gay community, and that sockgags are a good way to mix both kinks perhaps.

I agree with [mention]OrdinaryWorld[/mention] about fit guys shoving their rancid socks in a protesting sub's mouth, it's so hot, and I can never get enough of reading it haha.
Sockgaggedman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sockgaggedman »

As others have said before me, I can do little but totally agree with Sir [mention]bondagefreak[/mention]. Sockgags are a staple of the M/M community, seeing as they can be more realistic or plausible, with guys being notorious for their bad sock-changing habits and horseplaying and hazings where you can expect some of these foot garments to be used for torments and gags all in good fun.
When writing a gagging scene I think there is a fine line that when crossed really brings up that part of the story: the line between narrating a gag, just saying what is used, what is introduced, how it's being held in; and actually putting in some emotion, taking in account both the gagger and the gaggee's points of view, realising that gagging someone with one's pieces of clothing, dirty or not, is a play of showing domination and control.

And here any author should take into account the list put together by Sir. I see all points as valuable and dependent on one another for a good scene, but if I were to choose one that really makes me more invested in a story when used, it would be - Dialogue surrounding the gag. No dialogue and the scene can fall into the vice of being robotic.

A bit of a long take on the subject, but I am Sockgaggedman after all
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, guys!
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Haunts
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Haunts »

Not that I'm an expert, but its fun to allude it. Describe the socks of both early in the story so when it does come time for the gag we already have a sense or anticipation of the socks going in someone's mouth. When they take their shoes of, or are introduced for the first time but in our heads what their socks look like on the wearer.
Also, forming the idea, telling the sub whats gonna happen and the reaction before and after us always fun.

Just my 2 cents
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic