Zipties

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
SneakyKatboy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Zipties

Post by SneakyKatboy »

What's your experience with zipties and is there any way to use them and still be able to unzip them?
I think they look great, especially the wider ones, however I'm not sure if there's any special ones that you can unzip easier.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

One can always shim them (as long as one can reach).
Push the pointed end back into the thick bit. Should release the tie.

To avoid one's victim doing the same, cut the extra off once in place.

There are, of course, reusable cable ties (English term), they have a little release but that probably spoils the fun.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

I've used zipties, but only trying to escape them (look up "zip tie escape" on a search engine or Youtube if you don't know). They are not something I'd recommend for a tie-up "game" because they are pretty uncomfortable at best and are almost guaranteed to leave noticeable marks for a while. Thin ones with the little teeth on the inside, in particular, can really dig into the skin if the bound person moves much at all.

You can shim them by sticking something in the locking mechanism and then pulling it open, as Xtc said. It can be hard to do though, especially if the zip tie is on your hands. They're made to be used once and cut off. You can actually reuse them if you shim them, though they do lose a little bit of strength each time.
Lucky Lottie
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Lucky Lottie »

I was hogtied very recently with them. My play partner and I worked our way up to using them. They can be brutal if used incorrectly, my encounter left very deep marks (as we intended) and asides from them slipping a bit they were not coming off without assistance.

Interestingly enough I recommend using more to keep it safe. If you use it on the ankles, shins, knees, wrists, and elbows, not only will you have them good and bound but they are far less likely to hurt themselves moving around.

I also recommend keeping the limbs parallel, ie. Don't use them on crossed ankles or wrists they cut far deeper that way.

Just my experiences with them.
In her natural habitat is:
-Giddy when approached
-Passive when suspended
-Bratty when loose
-Obedient when cuddled
-Cheeky when gagged
-Truly happy when tickled
uemndlr
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by uemndlr »

I've used them in a self-bondage: Slip the hands into the coils, then cinch them with the ziptie so the hands cannot slip out again.
U+101D3
tiedinbluetights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by tiedinbluetights »

Xtc wrote: 11 months ago One can always shim them (as long as one can reach).
Push the pointed end back into the thick bit. Should release the tie.

To avoid one's victim doing the same, cut the extra off once in place.

There are, of course, reusable cable ties (English term), they have a little release but that probably spoils the fun.
Awesome! Even after 50 years I'm learning about new stuff. And they have the reusable ones at my local hardware store... never noticed those before.

As for my own experiences, up until now, I've only ever used the regular ones, black, thin enough to feed through a belt hole, with an old pair of leather buckling cuffs that had no padlocks. (I used the thinner ones, to feed a loop around the buckle and through one of the belt holes to prevent unbuckling; my wife would cut them free with a pair of scissors always kept nearby.) I've never used zipties by themselves.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

[mention]tiedinbluetights[/mention],
The are used for, among other things, attaching netting to garden cages (Honestly, that's why I got them, M'lord.) Now, I wonder what I could use the netting for?
Lost_the_keys
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Lost_the_keys »

Most are designed to NOT release once you cinch them up. If you spend a few extra dollars, you can get actual police grade “riot cuffs”. Essentially better quality zip-ties, stronger locking mechanisms on them and rounded edges.

I don’t recall the brand, but will try and find it for you, but there are some that you can use a standard handcuff key to release. They aren’t intended to be used over and over, but you can probably use a few times before they are shot.
tiedinbluetights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by tiedinbluetights »

You've got my mind racing with ideas [mention]Xtc[/mention] ! Netting and zipties ... and a wife who loves to garden and keep her hubby bound ...
:twisted:
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Go with it, [mention]tiedinbluetights[/mention] !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic