How good is tegaderm?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
methuselah73
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

How good is tegaderm?

Post by methuselah73 »

I've seen tagaderm a lot and I was wondering how effective it is if it only takes one small strip. Would be nice if someone who has actually used it before could say how good it is.
Last edited by methuselah73 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to PM me about anything
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

It is Tegaderm (with an e :D ) by 3M. It works pretty decent as a tape to seal your mouth (with stuffing). If you just use it over a closed mouth with no stuffing, you can work it loose. Don't get the pads, get the big(ger) role and apply as per the instructions. As it is a multi stage application, you can't (and should not) apply it like microfoam tape.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
methuselah73
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by methuselah73 »

slackywacky wrote: 6 months ago It is Tegaderm (with an e :D ) by 3M. It works pretty decent as a tape to seal your mouth (with stuffing). If you just use it over a closed mouth with no stuffing, you can work it loose. Don't get the pads, get the big(ger) role and apply as per the instructions. As it is a multi stage application, you can't (and should not) apply it like microfoam tape.
Thank you for the correction. Is the tape long lasting or does it become ineffective over time like duct tape? Also with stuffing do you think you could get it off without your hands if you really tried?
Feel free to PM me about anything
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

methuselah73 wrote: 6 months ago Is the tape long lasting or does it become ineffective over time like duct tape? Also with stuffing do you think you could get it off without your hands if you really tried?
Getting Tegaderm off if you can't pull on it is really difficult. It is very thin, but strong and sticks to the skin very well. If you apply it over your mouth, you have to force your lips apart and sort of blow into the tape, so that you can grab it. and remove it. Stick it on, for example, your arm and it is very hard to get off.

If you can put pressure on the tape, like pulling your lips apart, it will eventually come off, but so does any other tape, even gorilla tape. If you stuff your mouth so that your mouth has to stay open, it will make it hard to remove the tape, as you cannot put pressure on it to pull anymore. If your lips are together, even with stuffing, you have a fair chance to get it loose enough to be able to scream.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
TapeBondage123
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TapeBondage123 »

Very sticky! I’ve only used it on a tattoo but I remember it sticking very well and being somewhat of a pain to get off.
Duct tape will fix that cut under your nose.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic