Trouble Accessing and Navigating Site

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
harveygasson
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Trouble Accessing and Navigating Site

Post by harveygasson »

Hi, not sure if this has already been discussed or if it's just my issue but I've been having massive issues accessing and navigating around the board. I keep getting the error message:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

User 'tieupgam_admin' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 30) [1226]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists

It stops me opening the site most days and, when I can get on the site, I have to open pages 9/10+ times before they'll load. Just wondering if anyone knew what the issue was? Cheers
tiedinbluetights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by tiedinbluetights »

Site Admin has already responded under a Comments and Suggestions thread here:

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 96#p171196

NOTE: I had to reload several times to get this through, but that just contributes to the site getting down. Constant refresh attempts by a human is exactly what the crawler bot attacks are doing, but at a rate of hundreds of times in just one second. As a human, you just can't compete with that.

So be patient if you get the errors, and stay away for "hours" or "days" not just "seconds", because with constant refresh requests you are then contributing to the "heavy traffic" and then the site host disabling it for 24 hour periods. Those crawler bots are scraping the site and new posts (like this one, guilty as charged), until the admins implement a fix, simply encourage the a**holes behind the bots to keep on scraping.

Good luck fellow humans
💙 Love to be tied-up 💙
I read and write stories for fun
Open to friendly PMs
(I don't do roleplays nor story requests)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic