What absolutely ruins a bondage video for you?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
RaeGray4477
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by RaeGray4477 »

Tickling/Torture play/Any heavy bondage is a hard no from me. A simple scenario with the tier(s) and the tied does just fine for me

No gag is a NEVER. And honestly, cleave and ball gags aren’t my favorite.

Whiny moaning is annoying too. Don’t get me wrong, gag talk is great. But it’s pretty easy to tell when the person is just moaning incoherently vs actually trying to say something
Sniffmyfeet
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sniffmyfeet »

The biggest turnoff certainly has to be cheesy music. Please! It's not necessary to make a bondage video look like it's a commercial for some product. No music is often better. I also hate it when they leave the t.v. on in the background.

I don't like it when the sub is moaning all the time. It seems fake to me. When a sub is silent most of the time, the moments he moans indicate either lots of pleasure or discomfort and then the moaning is genuine. Incomprehensible gag talk is so much nicer than meaningless moans.

I don't like it when there's a huge age difference between the Dom and the sub. I prefer to look at guys that are approximately my own age, no old fat dudes. Unfortunately, the presence of fat old dudes seems to be really common, because the old guys seem to have the nicest gear after years of collecting and the young subs are apparently willing to serve them. I guess that's why the subs in those videos are often blindfolded: so they don't get turned off immediately when seeing the Dom. In foot/sneaker fetish videos it's often the other way round (old guy serving a young guy) and I believe it's just as disgusting. Especially if they make those awful slurping noises.
Tights tights tights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tights tights tights »

Bad/no gags. (Even with a good gag, not hearing any muffled sounds is not so exciting!)

Poor tying technique.

And if it's not the right kind of person for me that gets tied up, it's not as much of a turn for me.
HHHMMMPP mmnnpph mmpph nnnpph hmm hmmm mmmnnn hhhmmhhpp
MouthTaper
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by MouthTaper »

Sloppy ropework. I've seen videos where the damsel is clearly holding back with her struggling, because she'd get out otherwise. :\
NotSeen
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NotSeen »

Since I watch very little else than f/f videos, my pet peeve is just how often men are either showing up, can be heard off-camera or talked about in such videos.

Another thing is, while I have no problem with light S/M, there is a limit. Overt torture, overly stringent/heavy bondage etc... No thanks, not for me.
TimChimp
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TimChimp »

I can excuse bad acting almost always but something that I just find completely unappealing are videos that are just struggling and nothing else, I never expect a good plot (nobody does i think) but if there's no context or worse, no interaction, I just cant get into it
LatexLover
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LatexLover »

TimChimp wrote: 3 years ago I can excuse bad acting almost always but something that I just find completely unappealing are videos that are just struggling and nothing else, I never expect a good plot (nobody does i think) but if there's no context or worse, no interaction, I just cant get into it
It doesn’t ruin it for me, but having a captor there to taunt them or play with them goes a long way for me. Sometimes a female captor’s remarks can be as incredibly sexy as the bondage itself.
BandG
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BandG »

Chair ties with the legs/feet not tied! This is mainly in tv or film to be fair - but why would you tie someone to a chair, tie their hands and their torso but leave the legs? They can easily scoot themselves to a phone or am object they can use to cut the ropes.
illest
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by illest »

No gag is a immediate turn off. A tie where the hands are where it would be easy to remove a gag is also a turn off. A rope gag that's not complementing or reinforcing a better gag is a waste to me. Not fond of cleave gags either. Ball gags are really hit or miss with me. Like the ball has to be big enough where it's visibly protruding out of the mouth, where the lips have to form around it, and it has to force copious amounts of drool. Also unless you have natural sexy colored lips lipstick is a necessity when it comes to ballgags.
Svpmissive
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Svpmissive »

1. Crappy music and or poor audio

2. Shaky cam video or fixed viewpoint that doesn't show details

3. No gag

4. Obviously lose bondage.
Either wishing to be tied up or currently tied up.
tiedjay

Post by tiedjay »

Unrealistic clothing. I don't see many female cops investigating in high heels..
Silkenvixen
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Silkenvixen »

Crummy loose bondage, not enough rope, no gag or a bad gag that's either loose or not in her mouth the entire way, no struggling, the model looks bored, distractions like low battery beeps from a smoke detector or loud birds in the house, watching the struggling KNOWING she can get out anytime she wants but keeps going.......
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

Crappy ropework
No gag
Nakedness
Anything sexual or painful
When the captive escapes too easily or not held long enough
silvertejp590
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by silvertejp590 »

I’m not really into anything that borders on realistic. I was watching a clip yesterday from a popular producer, and while there wasn’t necessarily anything overtly unpleasant about it, it was just so dry and humorless to an uncomfortable degree. I don’t think there’s anything intrinsically wrong with this approach, but it’s not really for me. I think a bit of goofiness in videos is mandatory for me.
cherylwayland
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by cherylwayland »

Would definitely find it problematic if its a bad tie, or a tape gag without a stuffing. DEFINITELY horrible when they dont struggle or moan underneath a gag either!
Bastian
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Bastian »

The worst thing is when the damsel watches directly to the camera.
Then the unrealistic clothing.
Also a loose bondage.
TheOfficeOrc
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TheOfficeOrc »

As most people have already said, models looking bored, no gags, bad gags, no gagtalk, sexual content, too much pain, loose bondage.

That said, when a hogtie is so strict that the model cannot move and goes silent because I guess they are focusing so much on the discomfort; I get bored very quick. The fun is all in the struggle ;)

My potentially unpopular opinions are that I'm not fussed on cuffs, I prefer rope, tape, zipties, or leather straps; and I'm not a fan of open mouth gags due to lack of muffling.
Damsel-Dilara-Dee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Damsel-Dilara-Dee »

It's fascinating to read this thread and see which ones I agree with and which I actually like. Its interesting how what bondage vids mean/can do for different folks results in varying preferences.
TheOfficeOrc wrote: 2 years ago That said, when a hogtie is so strict that the model cannot move and goes silent because I guess they are focusing so much on the discomfort; I get bored very quick. The fun is all in the struggle ;)

My potentially unpopular opinions are that I'm not fussed on cuffs, I prefer rope, tape, zipties, or leather straps; and I'm not a fan of open mouth gags due to lack of muffling.
I agree with these two, especially the former -- I do love the idea of a tie so restricting you can barely move around, but at the least growl and whimper into your gag! Show us the distress and immobility, emote!
Corn Boy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Corn Boy »

1) When nudity or sexual acts become involved
2) I like mmphing, but it immediately ruins it when the gag sounds sound like the bound is in distress. I prefer when they sound either annoyed or like they're really struggling to break free.
3) When more extreme BDSM is involved
4) When it's just the same scene the whole video. They need to at least tie the model up with different material or tie them in different positions if they aren't gonna have a plot.
5) The gag is a type of gag I'm not fond of.

I laugh at the bad acting in most, but these are what immediately kill the mood for me.
Wishing to be hogtied on the ground beneath her leather boots.
Trammel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Trammel »

I'm not into nudity or sexual content.

Many videos are just ridiculous. When the female cop shows up wearing 6 inch heels and a mini-skirt, I'm done!
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.

Active story:

The bully, the tree and me (mm/m): http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8 ... 967b8517c3

Recently finished story:

A Kidnapping For MacKenzie.
Mr Underheel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mr Underheel »

A couple of things related to the camera work: a static shot, particularly when the camera is far away from the model; leaving the feet and ankles out of all or most of the video
Lost_the_keys
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Lost_the_keys »

Absolutely hate crappy trying…… make it realistic and something that will actually hold the person.
MtnReign
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by MtnReign »

1. Any kind of dental gags involved.
2. Loose or ineffective ropework or tape (think Hollyrope or Borderland Bound).
3. Nosehooks and other absurd and gross face distorting gags, including excess tape.
4. See 2.
5. See 2.
6. See 2.

Jokes aside, it's a HUGE waste of potential and more importantly, my time. Just doesn't really make sense to me why the video was even made, I know it's fake, I don't need that further compounded by boring ties or weak gags. I wonder why the models even do it, it must be so boring for them to just sit there and pretend.
jafib
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by jafib »

Gaggedgeekgirl wrote: 6 years ago What ruins bondage is when a guy gets his member out. I don't mind if he's naked and being teased, tormented and tortured by women, it's when he has the woman tied up and unzips his trousers.
As a guy, this is actually a big turn-off for me too, and I always wonder how to handle this in stories that have a sexual character.
I feel like there is so much sensuality in bondage, but when it comes to sex itself it's just stupid pounding. That is actually something I have generally wondered about, how is it for "vanilla" people? Do they have a similar amount of sensual action (which, in bondage, can span hours) just in a different way, or is the bondage practice really more elaborate and as such intense?
Meet Jessica in the Garage, Alica the baby-sitter, Phillip tieing up teen girls
Adult Stories: Naughty Tamara, Josefine the Model (all M/F)

Feedback motivates me to write more and continue a story :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic