What absolutely ruins a bondage video for you?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Boocola
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Boocola »

Fake whining during the whole thing, I got DVDs five years ago, the pictures looked good, I ordered the vids, they arrive, I pop them in, I watched the full 90 minutes, skipping the position I hate, but there was something else, too much puppy dog whining, I could watched it on mute, it's like I get it your in peril, suck it up be brave or something.
SNAFU
Abird
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Abird »

Not showing the process of tying them up. I can forgive it when it's just a scene in a mainstream show/film but when it's explicitly a bondage video it's annoying.

Much weaker but complete silence - bad acting is annoying, yes, but I prefer a bit of grunting and taunting.
Michael-Colin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Michael-Colin »

I don't mind bad acting (I actually find that to be one of the more fun aspects of it. it is kind of like watching the Room)
I don't mind not seeing the process of tying up (although I do like seeing the gagging)
I hate it when most of their clothes are left on. I generally like it when they're stripped down to their briefs.

I really hate it though when a person's hands are tied up in front of them in a position where they could easily remove their own gag. Not sure why that is such a gripe, but it is.
Banner courtesy of bondagefreak ^_^
Link to story here - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7723
Deleted User 650

Post by Deleted User 650 »

For me (and no disrespect intended): Women. When the category is "GAY" bondage but a woman shows up in the video or is tying the guy. Or any woman involved. Nope. No thank you.

Other things that ruin it is smoking. I don't like smoking.

Den
Davyuk
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Davyuk »

For me is seeing things which shouldn't be there, nothing more for me is watching a pretty female well tied up and well gagged struggling away then the pet cat or dog walks into view, it seeing the lighting stand there when the camera man zooms out, that isn't natural in my eyes.
Deleted User 715

Post by Deleted User 715 »

High heels, for one thing. 99.9999% of the time, the girl is wearing high heels where completely inappropriate, like with a swimsuit or with blue jeans. I want to see people dressed like... people, as shocking as that might sound.

Videos where all they do is zoom in on feet or privates for extended periods are also on my poo list.
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

AlexUSA_99 wrote: 5 years ago High heels, for one thing. 99.9999% of the time, the girl is wearing high heels where completely inappropriate, like with a swimsuit or with blue jeans. I want to see people dressed like... people, as shocking as that might sound.
Yes! I understand heels are a turn-on for many men (as are nylons and garters and other bits of feminine clothing from the mid 20th century). Not for me.
Ducttape1234
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ducttape1234 »

AlexUSA_99 wrote: 5 years ago High heels, for one thing. 99.9999% of the time, the girl is wearing high heels where completely inappropriate, like with a swimsuit or with blue jeans. I want to see people dressed like... people, as shocking as that might sound.

Videos where all they do is zoom in on feet or privates for extended periods are also on my poo list.
Same. Literally was about to post that about heels Haha
I'll tie you if you tie me :D
vitya
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by vitya »

Oh I'm very picky about it.

- poor ropework, bad acting. I mean if you did tie someone up ever, you will know at first sight that they're not trying to escape at all and the rope is all loose, so what's the point? I like the competitive side of bondage, whether the tiee(that's how it's spelled, right?) can do something about being tied, and every single tie is inescapable if you're not even trying to escape, so what's the point of tying a girl up in the first place?
- "struggling" for the sake of struggling. You're supposed to try to escape, dammit, not wiggle your tits around.
- focus on feet. For god's sake, if the video is about bondage, then stop showing me feet! Human feet aren't really designed to aid in picking the knots, so there's no point in a bondage-focused video to pay much attention to them as long as they're tied.
- the soundtrack. I don't mean a random radio naturally being on in the background, but dedicated soundtrack, James Bertoni style? nah.
- blatantly fake breasts. No, just no. Human body, and especially women's, has its proportions and mechanics, and these proportions are what makes them beautiful.
- obese people, either dom or sub. Yuck.
- hard SM, or anything penetrative. Like I said, what I like in bondage is the competition between the captor and the captive, so all the videos where the girls are tortured, or raped, are a massive no for me.

So basically, what ruins a video for me is poor quality and lack of realism. Like if it doesn't seem like it could happen in real life, then the video wil be "meh" at most for me.
Cleavegagger
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Cleavegagger »

Off screen tying (why do the best of the video off screen)
Iron, besides handcuffs i'm not An chain lover
Wrap around tape tags
Wrong clothing
Blindfolds
That's it for now, if i think of something Else i'll let y'all know
a girl, neatly tied up and gagged is a beautifull sight. a girl, enjoying being tied up and gagged is the most beautifull thing i've ever seen. If you want my kik just ask.
Exelsia
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Exelsia »

I'm only pleased if the bondage involves more than just wrists and ankles. Oh, and wrists tied to the front is a big no-no for me. And for 18+, anything involving the rear hahaha
What's better than the combination of a pair of skinny jeans, canvas belts and sneakers? One that involves ropes, duh.
skendra
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by skendra »

Definitely ineffective or no gag, super light ties that anyone could get out of easily, or things that just show them squirm for a while with no substance to them
kevweasley
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by kevweasley »

Cringey acting I would say.
Mmmppphhh!!! a gagged guy is hard to find
Deleted User 1843

Post by Deleted User 1843 »

Sloppy bondage/gagging, I mean seriously, who the hell are you trying to kid? On top of that it's got to be someone who's not in to and obviously can't be arsed to be there at that time.
Fesselfan
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Fesselfan »

So many things already said which annoy me too, like shabby rigging...

What ticks me off, too, is when the maker of a vid obviously has a big fetish (i.E. feet, glasses...or whatever) that I don't share...yet most parts of the video are about showing off said fetish.
Rope is the sexiest lingerie. And there is only one thing better than rope- even more rope.
leahjstaples1234
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by leahjstaples1234 »

Actually excessive body art. One or two tattoos are fine. Too many spoils the look.
Like breast bondage.
Chloe Badelaine
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Chloe Badelaine »

Bare feet, i hate feet !
Nudity / exposed breasts
Ball gags
No gags
I believe now is the time that you tie me up ? But i think that you are going to need much much more rope mon cher...
David Han
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by David Han »

Too short
Tie me up and have fun with me
drgoremd
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by drgoremd »

When a female detective/superheroine/spy goes into an obviously empty room and keeps looking around for "something" but somehow doesn't see the guy standing in the corner waiting to grab her.
noggip
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by noggip »

When the house cat walks in the frame
Seventh Crow
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Seventh Crow »

Bondage gear. No thief has ever broken into a home packing ball gags and breast harnesses.

Also, excessive pain. Maybe I'm too much of a sap but when the damsel is smacked around too much I just feel bad for her :(
Svpmissive
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Svpmissive »

Terrible overall quality. Bad audio (annoying, distracting or quality), bad footage (single POV, wobbly cam, potato resolution), bad bandage (could easily get out of).
Either wishing to be tied up or currently tied up.
Stoutland395
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stoutland395 »

I'm not a huge fan of the stories where the guy who does the tying is overly muscular - there's well-built, then there's that odd-looking body-builder physique that looks so unnatural. And if he's smoking a cigar/cigarette (apparently that's a thing with people -- to each their own); I find smoking disgusting, so involving that in a roleplaying session or as part of the imagery of a story/video makes me cringe.

I'm not overtly sexual. I just like the tying up part and struggling, so dialogue or roleplay that delves too deep into the more sexual talk like "master" and "slave" takes me out of the fantasy. I guess I'm a bit boring when it comes to bondage, but I just like seeing someone tied up and gently teased rather than the more SM-part of the BDSM-thing. Seeing others in videos go into the degrading is a turn-off to me.

To each their own though. Do you, boo.
LatexLover
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LatexLover »

When their fucking cat walks on camera. I love cats, but I don’t like seeing animals when I’m trying to jack off.
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

Here's another peeve of mine: Hats. Getting overpowered and tied up yet somehow managing to retain the backwards baseball cap or cowboy hat isn't very believable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic