What ruins bondage scenes in movies/TV for you?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
angim350
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by angim350 »

I'd say is when the victim is left alone and just sits there. In any real situation, if you'd been kidnapped and left alone tied up, you'd be doing absolutely everything you can to get free. The best scenes are the ones where the actors struggle for all they are worth and still can't get away - even better if we see someone have to untie them later. Without this, it kind of takes me out of the scene.

As an example, one of the best recent scenes I've seen concerns Valentina Padhe, from the German soap GZSZ. Not sure about the full context, but the general gist she's left tied to a radiator (hands tied behind) in an empty shop by a woman who's obsessed with her best friend. She's there for a full day and night and we see how she desperately struggles against her bonds to no avail, growing more frustrated and upset as the hours go on, and then later tries hopelessly to cut herself free. Eventually, she's found and rescued.

I think in that scene, it's clear that Valentina has been tied up for real and can't escape, which helps. I think some actors are more open to actually being tied up than others - I'm guessing it must be quite a challenging and awkward thing for an actor to agree to. I guess, even when actors aren't actually tied up as tightly as they appear, good camera work and direction can help with the scene.
KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by KidnappedCowboy »

No gag -- what's the point of tying the guy up, if he can still scream for help? 🙄

A gag but hands tied in front -- Once the kidnapper turns around, guess what the kidnapped victim will do? 😒

One gag -- whether it's a cleave gag, an OTM gag, or a strip of tape -- Really? Guess what the kidnapped guy can still do? 🙄😒
bristoled
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by bristoled »

What annoys me is seeing people "tied up" in Tv/movies and they are not even properly tied up, it looks so easy to escape.
Tiengag5
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tiengag5 »

Hands tied in front along with a loose gag.
sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

No gag and very dark places where you can't see the hostage.
Spinario
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Spinario »

When the bound person gets killed.
DuctTapeIsSilver
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by DuctTapeIsSilver »

A few things:

1. Quick chloroform scenes. *NOT* suggesting or recommending this, but from personal experience, having had chloroform done to me, it takes WAY LONGER than 5 seconds... Honestly, it can range from a few to a good 10 minutes. I know they are movies and scenes, but it's too quick, at least make it look more realistic. Trust me, a rag over your nose and you are NOT out in five seconds. It's just not how that happens.

2. Death. I've watched strangling scenes, but I prefer not to watch the *ending* of what happens.
** DMs OPEN TO 18/21+ ONLY **
On Recon, Telegram, X (Twitter) and Discord.
m/m 18+ only, please
patrik
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by patrik »

i personally don't like when the ties are not tighter but the captive still struggle to escape and keeps failing.
radarlove67
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by radarlove67 »

DuctTapeIsSilver wrote: 1 year ago A few things:

1. Quick chloroform scenes. *NOT* suggesting or recommending this, but from personal experience, having had chloroform done to me, it takes WAY LONGER than 5 seconds... Honestly, it can range from a few to a good 10 minutes. I know they are movies and scenes, but it's too quick, at least make it look more realistic. Trust me, a rag over your nose and you are NOT out in five seconds. It's just not how that happens.

2. Death. I've watched strangling scenes, but I prefer not to watch the *ending* of what happens.
Totally agree about point 1, I much prefer some attempt by the movie maker to have the victim take some time before succumbing.
fratboydanny
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by fratboydanny »

No gags defiantly spoil the fun for me. What the point if the guy isn’t gagged? Also, as many others have said, poorly tied captives and those tied with zip ties.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic