What ruins bondage scenes in movies/TV for you?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Hereiam
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

What ruins bondage scenes in movies/TV for you?

Post by Hereiam »

Hi all! Been lurking for awhile but finally made an account, figured I’d make a thread to try and contribute to the discussion here haha.

Like the title says, what’s something that ruins a bondage scene in a movie or TV show for you? For me, obviously it’s when the bondage is lame and unconvincing. Granted, there are scenes that produce nice visuals even if the damsel could easily escape.

Also, an obvious use of props. It’s not really a secret that a lot of times, the actress/actor isn’t truly tied up. And the ropes probably have velcro on them. The worst for me is the fake duct tape. You can always tell when it’s just sticky at the ends.
Melanie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Melanie »

Welcome to the forum.

I agree, the bondage and gags in most movies or shows is disappointing. However the acting is often much better than in any adult video. And this outweighs the sloppy bondage for me because I want to see the emotions of the people involved.

Indeed, the duct tape is made less sticky with powder sometimes. But this is of course understandable. You don't want to ruin the actresses' or actor's hair and avoid pain.
Hereiam
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Hereiam »

Melanie wrote: 4 years ago Welcome to the forum.

I agree, the bondage and gags in most movies or shows is disappointing. However the acting is often much better than in any adult video. And this outweighs the sloppy bondage for me because I want to see the emotions of the people involved.

Indeed, the duct tape is made less sticky with powder sometimes. But this is of course understandable. You don't want to ruin the actresses' or actor's hair and avoid pain.
Yeah, there are definite trade offs with mainstream vs commercial. I’m not a gigantic fan of commercial scenes. The bondage is usually just *too* perfect and like you said, the acting is poor.

What’s even more interesting to me is when the bondage is actually realistic. I’ve read stories about actresses who insisted they be truly tied up for their scenes.
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

Any time someone is restrained by one zip tie. Feels like a waste. Also when a gag consists of one bit of cloth between the teeth.
Hereiam
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Hereiam »

Yeah those are lame. Not a fan of zip tie scenes in general.

Also, forgot to mention it in the first post, but any violence is usually a nope for me. If the damsel has any blood on her face it totally kills it for me. There are very few exceptions to this for me.
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

Reidy wrote: 4 years ago Any time someone is restrained by one zip tie. Feels like a waste. Also when a gag consists of one bit of cloth between the teeth.
I hate it when someone is cleave gagged with a thin piece of cloth, yet they act like they can't talk at all. In reality they can talk clear as day. They might as well not be gagged.

Also @Hereiam, I agree with you about seeing blood on the damsel. Total mood killer there.
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
Chris12
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Chris12 »

The lack of gags is a big deal breaker in bondage scenes.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

It doesn't necessarily have to be 100% realistic. It's acting, we know some things are fake. I look at it as a very low-level stunt, and anybody who knows anything about movies knows sometimes things are changed to make it safer, or less commonly, just more comfortable. But everything should be tight enough to at least make it seem plausible. If the gag is so thin it can be talked around with only minimal effect on speech, or the restraints so loose the actress has to actively hold them on, it's just hard to suspend belief at that point.

All that said, realistic, tight restraints are always a plus.
rafeylovesbonds
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by rafeylovesbonds »

Hereiam wrote: 4 years ago Yeah those are lame. Not a fan of zip tie scenes in general.

Also, forgot to mention it in the first post, but any violence is usually a nope for me. If the damsel has any blood on her face it totally kills it for me. There are very few exceptions to this for me.
Good comment concerning violence @Hereiam - thanks. I would hope that all on here would agree. Having/seeing damsels tied up and gagged is one thing: hurting or abusing them in that position is another and wrong.

Rafey
Is she out there, she who ties you up and then you stay tied up?
Melanie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Melanie »

Tying sb. is clearly a form violence, unless the character freely consents to get tied up but there are very few movies with consensual bondage.

I'm just wondering whether your kinks impair your judgement here. This is not a reproach, I'm just trying to understand what exactly you mean with violence. For example don't you watch movies with kidnapping or hostage scenes because there's usually all kind of violent action involved?
OldTUGger
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by OldTUGger »

There used to be a bondage publication, or maybe it was a website, that gave out "Loosie Awards" for bondage scenes in which the ropes had been applied to the actor/actresses so they were almost comically loose.

So, for me, loose ropes and OTM gags without stuffing are the biggest buzzkills.
Links to all of my stories can be found here in the Story Catalog: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=6023
Hereiam
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Hereiam »

Melanie wrote: 4 years ago Tying sb. is clearly a form violence, unless the character freely consents to get tied up but there are very few movies with consensual bondage.

I'm just wondering whether your kinks impair your judgement here. This is not a reproach, I'm just trying to understand what exactly you mean with violence. For example don't you watch movies with kidnapping or hostage scenes because there's usually all kind of violent action involved?
I mean more when a damsel is being beaten or has cuts and bruises.
Tights tights tights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tights tights tights »

What ruins bondage scenes in movies/TV for me is only ruined in the sence that (2 things) 1:- the tie up tecnique has not been done properly and dosn't look convincing.

2:- as I am somone who craves for gags and muffling gagged sounds.. no gag would be the wrost disappointment for me than anything!
HHHMMMPP mmnnpph mmpph nnnpph hmm hmmm mmmnnn hhhmmhhpp
Dpsiic
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Dpsiic »

Hands tied in front is criminal as far as I am concerned, even if properly gagged and as has been discussed above the damsels rarely they, they can just reach up and remove it. Why, why, why! If you’re going to tie a girl up do it right!
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

Dpsiic wrote: 4 years ago Hands tied in front is criminal as far as I am concerned, even if properly gagged and as has been discussed above the damsels rarely they, they can just reach up and remove it. Why, why, why! If you’re going to tie a girl up do it right!
Agreed. This is why my hands are always tied behind my back when I'm bound and gagged. Don't want me reaching up to remove my gag and call for help!
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

Weak ties. Much of the time, you don't see the hands tied. The actor just sits there with his hands behind him, with one hand holding the opposite wrist. A skilled actor can make it look good or real, but there are others who are, shall we say, "less skilled," and you can pretty much tell that he isn't tied.

When the hands ARE shown, they can be tied parallel, or crossed. I prefer crossed.

If the "hero," or "sidekick" is to be untied by a pet (dog, horse, etc.) and that is to be shown, the hands have to be well tied. If they are not, then you have an audience muttering that the six year old girl, who lives two doors down, could get loose without help.

Hands tied in front? Not as a rule, but there are cases where it would be appropriate, like when the bad guy is taking the captive to a hideout, ties the captive's hands in front, then ties the hands to the saddle horn. When they get to where they are going, untie the hands, then re-tie them behind the captive's back. Stake outs, where the hands are tied in front, then tied above the head to another object (bed post, tree limb, etc.), are OK, too. But if the captive is tied hands front, and gagged, and his captor goes away, and he sits there waiting fro rescue, again, you have an audience looking at the scene, and wondering "Why didn't that dumbass pull his gag down, and untie his hands with his teeth?" Someone needs to have a chat with the script writer. Scenes like that, make the captive look dumber than a brick.

Gags? They should look like they are doing what they are intended to do - keep the captive quiet. But if the captive is being "interrogated," he needs to be gag-free. The gag can also be left off if the captive is out in the middle of nowhere, and there is no one to hear him yell. But if he does yell, the captor can always give him a backhand, then shove a bandana in his mouth, and cleave gag him with another,

Drawscore
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

I remember a perfect scene for this thread from a CSI episode. A woman is kidnapped, they finally rescue her from the trunk of a car. Her hands are tied in front of her, her legs were not even tied and a single strip of duct tape was placed over her mouth as a gag. They open the trunk and the woman is mumbling in her gag, while her hands are right in front of her face. Why the hell she did not pull the gag off is still a mystery to me, and the rope around her wrists was easily undone by using her mouth, once the tape was off.

That is the type of scene that kills it for me. And even decent scenes can be be ruined by part of the bondage being not up to scratch. The scene in Deadly Virtues (om Amazon Prime) is great, she will definitely not escape from that bondage, but the gag is just a cleave gag, no stuffing or whatever, at least is decently tight, so it only distracts a little.

Bottom line is most crappy bondage or gag ruins a scene for me.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
mrjones2009
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by mrjones2009 »

Don't know if this counts as ruining a scene but the thing that always gets me is missed opportunities.

A damsel will get snatched and / or held against her will and there will be no or perhaps even worse poor quality tying. A lack of a decent gag is another one. I sometimes find myself thinking why didn't they use chloroform to knock her out during a lot of these scenes.

Also, poor camera work where you can't see what is going on.
Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gagfan »

A bad gag is probably the biggest one for me. Usually the shots are close ups of the damsel's upper body anyways so weak bondage is easy to ignore, but a piss poor gag isnt. I dont even expect a realistic gag, a single strip of tape that is very smoothly and tightly attached to the actresses face or a tight cleave wouldnt do crap in real life, but they at least LOOK nice but when the tape or cloth looks as though it is about to fall off her face it just ruins it.
For my stories I haven't gotten around to posting here: https://gagfan.wordpress.com/
andrewtied

Post by andrewtied »

they escape very quick or the struggling is too short. Zhane (Silver Ranger) from Power Rangers in Space is tied up and does escape but does put a brief struggle.

he was tied up by the Psycho Rangers
SapphireAsh
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by SapphireAsh »

I definitely agree with what everyone has said earlier, seems a bad gag and loose bindings seem to be the common theme
banshee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by banshee »

Having the scene end too soon is what usually ruins a scene for me. An easy example that I can think of is a scene in which selena gomez is tied to a chair in the movie montecarlo (I think I haven't actually watched the film) that is very good but could be much better if just lasted a few minutes instead of seconds.
Tapedupcouple
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tapedupcouple »

We love when we come across a good mainstream scene especially if it involves a couple. Some of the things that throws us off though is when the hands are tied in front with a gag also anything too violent can ruin it for us as well
TapeBondage123
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TapeBondage123 »

As others have said, bad gags, especially the single strip of duct tape with no mouth stuffing. It’s even worse when I can see the tape sticking out under their nose, like it’s starting to peel off, but they still are “gagged”. Worst of all is when it’s a two inch strip of tape, like a stiff breeze would blow it off their faces. I’m kind of a gag snob :lol:
Duct tape will fix that cut under your nose.
silvertejp590
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by silvertejp590 »

Anything particularly violent. The Bone Collector for instance has a really good scene, but the fact that it ends in such a grim manner kind of ruins it for me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic