TUG Book Covers (F)

Post TUG Artwork here. This does NOT include photos of real people.
Note: Remember to cite any source you found online!
Fordman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

TUG Book Covers (F)

Post by Fordman »

Self-help parenting book from 2007.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
truly_trussed
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by truly_trussed »

This book looks like something you'd find in the Humor section and not the Parenting Skills section.

Play safe, T.T.
Fordman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Fordman »

This is a legit self-help book available on Amazon. It’s about how to choose and prepare a long term caregiver (nanny or au pair) to care for your children and keep your home running smoothly while you are away. I haven’t read the book so I am not sure whether the cover art is suggesting how the nanny might indulge the creativity of young minds or a reminder to warn your new caregiver about your little hellion’s mischievous behavior.
Fordman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Fordman »

This Redbook cover from October 1933 suggests a fun Halloween game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

Thanks for all your contributions [mention]Fordman[/mention] . You are a trove of interesting and entertaining TUGs related memorabilia.
Alisonlovesropes
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Alisonlovesropes »

You mean not everyone does halloween like that
Sometimes gagged, sometimes blindfold. Always barefoot.
Fordman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Fordman »

This author was fired from Fox news after this book hit the shelves.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

The text on the cover makes you wonder whether it's feminist or reactionary :D Good thing ropes imagery can appeal to both...
From just this sentence, I'd agree with her: maybe the opposite gender is slowly realizing that being just angry at us males won't help them that much and that most of the mental ropes that bind any gender are mostly self-ties...
don't run ! I'm friendly ...
Fordman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Fordman »

[mention]LK3869[/mention]

The book isn’t about women hating men, it’s about how the women’s rights movement was taken over by big government and the big business that supports them.

If you ask an economist how much someone will charge for their product, the answer is, as much as the market will bear. That’s an academic way of saying, as much as the customer has to spend. This economic model also extends to government taxation.

In the 1970’s, the women’s movement simply wanted equal opportunity to employment, property and access to credit. A decade later women were being shamed for being stay-at-home moms. They were told that somehow, by not working, they were destroying the advancements the movement was making. The government saw the potential in turning child rearing women into taxpayers. Equal opportunity became equal obligation.

As 2 income families became the norm they found they didn’t have more money to buy more stuff, they just paid more for the same stuff. Prices weren’t rising to cover increasing costs, but to consume the additional spending, and borrowing power of the average family.

I attended college in the second half of the 1970’s and payed for an accounting degree with a $2.95 an hour job at an ice cream store, and graduated debt free. I have a cousin currently in her fourth year of earning the same degree, and she and her parents have already spent, or borrowed, $50,000 dollars. She’ll be in debt for decades, its insanity.

Of course the easy answer is, let’s make it free. Before we do that, I’d like to know how a university that needs to charge $50,000 dollars for a 4 year degree can afford a $200 million dollar football stadium.

As a citizen of France, you are currently experiencing the civil unrest that results when taxation becomes confiscation.
Handsome Scoundrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Handsome Scoundrel »

Fordman wrote: 5 years ago @LK3869

The book isn’t about women hating men, it’s about how the women’s rights movement was taken over by big government and the big business that supports them....
The Fordman manifesto, and not a bad one at that.
Male, 29, with a preference for ropes, tape, and cloth. I like to do the tying and am only interested in non-sexual bondage. If you'd like to chat, send me a private message sometime!
My avatar is the work of nightwrap79 (deviantart).[/url]
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

[mention]Fordman[/mention]
Very intersting answer, the "women at work = more taxpayers" angle is new to me but it makes sense. And yep, France is a funny country right now :lol: but it's cooling down as always in recent decades, where are the good old revolutions with heads chopping and massive "wealth redistribution" ? 8-) and :mrgreen: (and a little of :roll:, because we keep reinstalling new profiteers when we get rid of the old ones...)

Anyway, I like this thread: always trying to get distance out of my niche and TUGs use by mainstream media is always very revealing. And this case is a good one: a free-spirited, strong woman picturing herself in ropes to get her message across with a strong visual. And she makes it quite sexy, which maybe backfired on her...
Fordman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Fordman »

This 1980 novel took the babysitter TUG a bit too far.
Aiden
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Aiden »

I remember picking this book up when I was in grammar school.
Hey guys, I used to be part of the old site and just found this new one, i'm a switch with a sock and duct tape fetish if you wanna rp hit me up, girls only tho.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

Aiden wrote: 5 years ago I remember picking this book up when I was in grammar school.
I think I checked this book out from the library twice. It's been quite a while (has to be getting close to 20 years ago), but I remember liking the book well enough.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

Hopefully this isn't too off-topic, but I remember many years ago, my school had a contest for kids to draw scenes from various books they read. Some of the better ones got put up in the library for a while. The one that fit a discussion on this board was one someone did a scene in Nancy Drew where Nancy had been caught and shut up in something (I think a closet), hands tied behind her back, and gagged. It was a big drawing too, posterboard size, right in the elementary school library, and if my memory is correct, it hung up for a few weeks, meaning I saw it several times, as we were pretty much required to go to the library once or twice a week.
Aiden
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Aiden »

We never had anything like that at my school, but there's another book I'll have to find the name of to share another link, but the book fairs I always managed to find these kinda books.
Hey guys, I used to be part of the old site and just found this new one, i'm a switch with a sock and duct tape fetish if you wanna rp hit me up, girls only tho.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

A magazine cover - well, an ad for it - I just found in the streets of Lyon; local magazine since our city's named in half the titles...
Sorry for crappy pic, but it's hard to avoid reflections from the casing and you look like a weirdo taking such a picture :D Will try to do best, it's on my way to my favorite restaurant :lol:
The little girl on the right is holding a Nerf gun...
vivre Lyon cover.JPG
A good example of the power of TUGs when it comes to visualize human relationships, as this topic's often demonstrates.
Not sure if using such a pic from an issue supposed to tell you what to do with them in our beautiful city is a wise choice, unless it suggests keeping them inside drives them nuts... Anyway, a surprising pic to stumble upon right down your doorstep.

I wonder how many members here have kids... 8-)
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

A better view:
DSC03305.JPG
rafeylovesbonds
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by rafeylovesbonds »

Here's another magazine cover - an edition of one of the many that focus and report on true crime. Anyone know the name of the girl in the prison uniform?

Cheers,
Rafey
Is she out there, she who ties you up and then you stay tied up?
rafeylovesbonds
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Aiden wrote: 5 years ago I remember picking this book up when I was in grammar school.

Here's an alternative cover for this book, which I also read - very entertaining novel, written in the first person with some good descriptions of being tied up.

Rafey
Aiden
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Aiden »

Yeah I saw that alt cover , granted I like the face gag pic but I liked the original cover more cause of the full body. I think it's cause the words work to drown out the otm gag.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

The close-up cover looks very similar to a close-up of her face on the other one, with a different coloring scheme. I like the full-body shot better, too, with Suzie's whole body visible and her captors. It wasn't the best book I ever read, although it was probably the most detailed kidnapping story I read for a long time, and it was entertaining enough otherwise.
BindPam
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BindPam »

My dad had (has?) a lot of old "Detective" magazines from the 50s and 60s in which the covers had pics of women, supposedly victims of kidnappings and home invasions on them.
Amm1973es
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Amm1973es »

In the 80s and 90s it was not uncommon to see books with similar covers in both youth and adult books and nobody bothered the subject, as of 2000 the thing began to decay little by little.
Today, many similar covers are no longer seen as they are conflicting in the face of certain groups, which is a shame.
I am a man with the role of Rope top/Rigger, I have been attacked by the Tugs since I was a child. Both without sexual components, and with them within my limits.
rafeylovesbonds
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Amm1973es wrote: 4 years ago In the 80s and 90s it was not uncommon to see books with similar covers in both youth and adult books and nobody bothered the subject, as of 2000 the thing began to decay little by little.
Today, many similar covers are no longer seen as they are conflicting in the face of certain groups, which is a shame.
Well said; bien decido, amigo. And it is a shame.

Rafey
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic