Comic Book TUGs (Various) (T)

Post TUG Artwork here. This does NOT include photos of real people.
Note: Remember to cite any source you found online!
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

LK3869 wrote: 5 years ago Two last posts before that one are real funny. With or without TUGs, Calvin and Hobbes is just genius all over. Calvin reminds me of one Andy in one of the stories here ;)
Don't post so fats @Jason Toddman , I can't comment :lol:
I used to post a whole lot faster than this, when i actually had some energy. ;)
Fordman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Fordman »

Another Zits strip where Jeremy gets tied up by his Mom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

Finaly received my "Sandy & Hoppy"... So I overfed my scaner just after a long happy dance :lol:
Was unusaly savy with my money and thought it better not to order the whole albums at once and now I can't understand why... Anyway: 7 albums around 100 pages each, totalising 18 stories from 1959 to 1975.
10 good TUG action in it, making this series a 0.55 in my homemade T.O.P index ( that's "TUG Occurence Probability ") Anything above 0.5 usually raise eyebrows with non TUG fans... Like: "Jeez, he's asking for it!"

I had a non-yet-sexual interest in other boys then but pics like this cover magnetized me, now I find he looks like a Jean-Paul Gaultier pin-up :lol: :
COVER 02.jpg
Older ones first, you'll see the author did bother to make him look older with the years.

A friend of him gets it in this one:
CAVESNAKE .jpg
Then he joins another friend of his:
MOONSHINERS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LK3869 5 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
don't run ! I'm friendly ...
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

On with Sandy...

This one is the following to a good TUG I already posted, so he gets caught twice by the same guy. And there's a girl, for straight boys feeling like a rescuing knight...
BOATGIRL.jpg
A longer one, where he finds some spies, get caught and TUGed, thrown in a bag then on a boat so the bad gyus will take him abroad to cover their flee...
SPIES 01.jpg
Love how his hair's all messed up, included the pic just for that :)

ends up with a good old fight and rescue by kangaroo and red headed and bearded adult friend...
SPIES02.jpg
He was a combative kid ...
Last edited by LK3869 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

Some more Sandy...

Another following to one already posted ( he was bound and gagged at the back of an old Land Rover...), another one where he gets caught twice by the same guys...
He escaped first with marsupial help( see attachement at the end )

Starts with and HOM,:
MINEDBRIDGE HOM 01.jpg
MINEDBRIDGE HOM 02.jpg
Then they take him back to that damn Land Rover:
MINEDBRIDGE 01.jpg
And he spends the rest of the story in a locked cellar:
MINEDBRIDGE 02 (2).jpg
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

Another one, super-typical:

starts with a hot "surprised" face:
TOO CURIOUS.jpg
Then some good TUG in vacant mine action:
CAVE 01.jpg
CAVE 02.jpg
and the unevitable kangaroo gnawing at knots:
CAVE RELEASE 01.jpg
CAVE RELEASE 02.jpg
Now that I think of it, it was kind of balanced TUG-wise, with a lot of release scenes, I found that hot too...
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

Last one, a good one, multi-racial bonding in a shack threatened by bushfire...
Superior ambiant lights and twisting and turning. And see how he looked older in the last stories...
SHACKFIRE 01.jpg
SHACKFIRE 02.jpg
Wished you all could understand the dialogues, a lot of " let's tie them good" and semi-aggressive teasing, calling tham "kiddos", "brats" and sometimes "cute" 8-)

That's all for now, hope the nostalgia works on you guys ;)
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

Sandy is definitely a series I'd have enjoyed reading growing up... assuming it was in English anyway.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

I've started reading the history of the series, with the author's Bio, a bonus with the albums... The guy never set a foot in Australia, he was Belgian ( comics are a Belgian specialty in Europe, TinTin and all...) and probably didn't speak English. But the Australian context is somehow accurate ( for what I can tell :) ). And it started ten years before the Skippy TV shows...

A good series that never became so famous, never had hard cover albums when published in Spirou Magazine.
That's why I post these and Blek le Roc: you English-speakers don't know about them...

And stories were real good, surprisingly intense sometimes: the first one has a psycho-kid torturing animals and poor Sandy got strangled, beaten or fired at repeatedly. And bad guys were rather realistic, conflicted and acting for often prosaic or mundane reasons...

Even Sandy was quite interesting and realistic: acting on impulses, starting fights... And he changed physicaly during all the stories, somethnig you rarely see in kids comics. Toward the end he drove cars and got girls :lol:
cj2125

Post by cj2125 »

Always had a soft spot for the old adventure comics whose protagonists always seemed to find themselves tied up :mrgreen: Thanks for sharing them with the non-french-speaking crowd [mention]LK3869[/mention] !
Cleavegagger
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Cleavegagger »

LK3869 wrote: 5 years ago I've started reading the history of the series, with the author's Bio, a bonus with the albums... The guy never set a foot in Australia, he was Belgian ( comics are a Belgian specialty in Europe, TinTin and all...) and probably didn't speak English. But the Australian context is somehow accurate ( for what I can tell :) ). And it started ten years before the Skippy TV shows...

A good series that never became so famous, never had hard cover albums when published in Spirou Magazine.
That's why I post these and Blek le Roc: you English-speakers don't know about them...

And stories were real good, surprisingly intense sometimes: the first one has a psycho-kid torturing animals and poor Sandy got strangled, beaten or fired at repeatedly. And bad guys were rather realistic, conflicted and acting for often prosaic or mundane reasons...

Even Sandy was quite interesting and realistic: acting on impulses, starting fights... And he changed physicaly during all the stories, somethnig you rarely see in kids comics. Toward the end he drove cars and got girls :lol:
Gotta agree with you on that, Being from Belgium ingrew up with An unusual amount of tied up and gagged girls in comics, wonder if it has anything to do with my Tie up hobby :lol:
a girl, neatly tied up and gagged is a beautifull sight. a girl, enjoying being tied up and gagged is the most beautifull thing i've ever seen. If you want my kik just ask.
Tsuhaya
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tsuhaya »

Sandy!! I remember him! I miss you. When I went to live with my father, he practically taught me French with little comics (must be why I'm addicted to comics :lol: ), no doubt Sandy was one of my favorite stories.
Yes, it's me in the picture. What are you waiting for to tie me up and gag me?
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

Many thanks guys!
Happy it brought memories to some of you. And that I'm not the only one who got intoxicated :D

I'll order the rest of the collection, 5 tomes left, ten stories...at least 6 good TUGs.

If the Anglo guys have some equivalent - it was called "realistic" - I'd love to see some ...

Also, the kids books like Famous five, Hardy boys and such had wonderfull black and white illustrations ( in French at least, don't know about US and GB ), I'll try to look into that too, unless someone has some in store.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

Did a little Sandy tribute, but I'm having trouble posting it correctly and can't erase that post
you can find two versions of it in color and black and whites of it on my DA page...

SEE PIC TWO POSTS AFTER THIS ONE...
Last edited by LK3869 5 years ago, edited 13 times in total.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

LK3869 wrote: 5 years ago Couldn't resist, I did a Sandy tribute,
Pretty nice, but why do you have the same images posted twice and thrice respectively? One of each is sufficient.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

There's been a bug with the attachment and I liked both versions, and thought it cool to add the black and white also, probably went a little too enthousiastic. Will keep only one.

The procedure to attach several files is kind of tricky though, just saying :)
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

I just can't seems to be able to post one and have the others erased, that's a little bit tiring. Will try again tomorrow or post them elsewhere...
Kept that one:
SANDY TUGV2 color.jpg
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

LK3869 wrote: 5 years ago I just can't seems to be able to post one and have the others erased, that's a little bit tiring. Will try again tomorrow or post them elsewhere...
Yeah, the attachments function here has been rather difficult to use lately.
Try adding one attachment at a time/edit. That seems to work for other people.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

You can also post them on a file sharing site such as dropbox, and then post the direct link to them here.

When I get time i will look into it and see what's going on.
Cleavegagger
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Cleavegagger »

chadmc90 wrote: 5 years ago You can also post them on a file sharing site such as dropbox, and then post the direct link to them here.

When I get time i will look into it and see what's going on.
Please do look into it, i have a shitload of scans and can't het them uploaded. I would love to share them with you if i can.
a girl, neatly tied up and gagged is a beautifull sight. a girl, enjoying being tied up and gagged is the most beautifull thing i've ever seen. If you want my kik just ask.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

[mention]chadmc90[/mention] : I'll try to get into phpBB technical stuff too, they must have info available somewhere and you can't be technical support all by yourself... anything else works fine and thanks for that :P
kevweasley
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by kevweasley »

I have an extensive collection of Comic Book TUGs and this one is one of my favorites. It's from a french comic called Les Six Compagnons - Le mystere Guignol. This version is the swedish translation of that comic.
Mmmppphhh!!! a gagged guy is hard to find
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

[mention]kevweasley[/mention] So nice to have you here !
And great first post... Can't wait to see the rest of your collection.
kevweasley
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by kevweasley »

LK3869 wrote: 5 years ago @kevweasley So nice to have you here !
And great first post... Can't wait to see the rest of your collection.
Thank you! I have some more coming up :)
Mmmppphhh!!! a gagged guy is hard to find
harveygasson
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by harveygasson »

Lots more great comic pics posted, thanks. Never read the Sandy comics but it looks like he had a lot of fun tugy adventures
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic