In Cold Blood - on TV in the U.K.

Have a video of you being bound? Post videos of people being bound here.
Note: Remember to cite any source you found online!
radarlove67
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

In Cold Blood - on TV in the U.K.

Post by radarlove67 »

The 1967 B&W version of 'In Cold Blood' is on Talking Pictures TV tonight at 9pm here in the U.K.

From memory there are scenes showing the two murderers buying rubber gloves, tape and other items for the home invasion robbery. Later they bind and gag the family, but I can't remember how much of that the audience sees. It's a great film based on a true crime and worth a watch if you've not seen it before. I'll certainly be tuning in. Enjoy. :D
1960gerson
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by 1960gerson »

If I remember it was network tv in the 1960s. It doesn't get too graphic. Basically imagine something milder than basic cable.
radarlove67
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by radarlove67 »

You're probably right, the Hay's Code would have still been in force then? So maybe sight of some gagged mouths and that's it?
1960gerson
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by 1960gerson »

I did a little research. It 's a 1967 movie starring Robert Blake and John Forsythe among others. You have plenty of familiar names in the cast. For example Will Geer (Grandpa Walton) played the prosecutor. I saw it years ago.
elanshof
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by elanshof »

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive here, but I feel like saying 'enjoy' about a scene preceding a brutal quadruple murder that actually happened is a little icky.
radarlove67
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by radarlove67 »

elanshof wrote: 1 year ago Maybe I'm being overly sensitive here, but I feel like saying 'enjoy' about a scene preceding a brutal quadruple murder that actually happened is a little icky.
I meant enjoy the movie from a cinematic perspective. Like a lot of people on here I was influenced by crime dramas that depict tie-ups and kidnaps growing up; but I would never condone actual violence or crimes. My apologies if it comes across like that in my original posting. For me it's a great film, with aspects that also apppeal to my kink, but my enjoyment is derived purely from the tie-ups and not what follows.

That may be slightly hypocritical and contradictory for which I'm sorry. But until the introduction of the internet, as a teen, the only times I saw anyone being tied up was in tv shows and in movies.

I hope that explains it, I am of course happy for the Mods to delete the thread is required. The movie has been on now, and this was just intended to be a heads-up for people in the U.K.

And you are not being overly sensitive, we by and large try and police ourselves with help from the Mods. You raised a valid point and I should have been clearer in my original posting.
1960gerson
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by 1960gerson »

I simply want to say one thing. I hope that we don't turn into a group that enjoys arguments and attacks. I enjoy it as is. Just a thought.
radarlove67
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by radarlove67 »

I did not perceive it as an attack, a valid position was made and I took it that way.
1960gerson
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by 1960gerson »

I wasn't aiming the comments at any one specific . I just know that other forums were changed. I'm trying to avoid that.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Seems to me that reasonable positions are being stated by both sides.
Discussion is surely to be welcomed but, of course, certain ways of expressing oneself will be stamped on.
I don't see the need here.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic