Sudowrite

Post links to other TUG websites here.
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Sudowrite

Post by Terry »

Well I've now discovered another new AI what is specifically designed for writing called Sudowrite. I think this might work out better than ChatGPT due to a lot more features and doesn't have that "ethical policy" barrier either. Can also be used to storyboard and character profiles as well as you can write a part of something and have the AI continue on, rephrase it or add more details etc. Should be good for writing TUG Stories, might use this for my next fiction(s) I'm experimenting on.

https://www.sudowrite.com/
tiedinbluetights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by tiedinbluetights »

:? I really don't get the appeal; to each their own I guess, but this will never be my cup of tea. I refuse to feed the basilisk that will numb the minds of the masses and sap them of all creativity.

To me, use of AI to generate a story for personal use and amusement is fine. What would bother me is if said story would then be posted publically and passed off as the poster's own creation, when clearly that is plagiarism and would violate site rules (rule 3.e specifically https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=14048, and as for why the use of AI is plagiarism, the very defintition of the word 'plagiarism' in any English dictionary is plain enough to comprehend)

So if you do use AI, please minimally attribute it in the title, so that everyone knows that story is not the poster's creation.
💙 Love to be tied-up 💙
I read and write stories for fun
Open to friendly PMs
(I don't do roleplays nor story requests)
potato
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by potato »

Very interesting!
I don't see why AI should be seen in a negative spotlight. It's quite useful. I'll definitely check out this site and perhaps use it to proof-read some of my own creations.

Edit: So, after trying it out (by typing some prompts for random stories) it seems to do really well. It's a lot more organized and coordinated than ChatGPT; it doesn't sidetrack, it gives suggestions accurately, overall really good.

There is a downside though- it isn't completely free-to-use. You have a limited amount of words for it to generate, and in order to get more you gotta have a membership. (Which is $10 a month, so not really that bad.) However, if you don't want to pay, I recommend sticking to ChatGPT.
~ The potato is a starchy food, a tuber of the plant Solanum tuberosum and is a root vegetable native to the Americas. The plant is a perennial in the nightshade family Solanaceae.
drgoremd
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by drgoremd »

tiedinbluetights wrote: 10 months ago
To me, use of AI to generate a story for personal use and amusement is fine. What would bother me is if said story would then be posted publically and passed off as the poster's own creation, when clearly that is plagiarism and would violate site rules (rule 3.e specifically https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=14048, and as for why the use of AI is plagiarism, the very defintition of the word 'plagiarism' in any English dictionary is plain enough to comprehend)
Virtually every biography of a celebrity is written by a ghostwriter. That is, the celebrity recounts stories that happened to them to a ghostwriter who then organizes the material into a book. That's exactly what Chat GPT does. The user gives it input and it writes a story in a palatable form for readers. Calling it plagiarism is just silly.
tiedinbluetights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by tiedinbluetights »

drgoremd wrote: 9 months ago
Virtually every biography of a celebrity is written by a ghostwriter. That is, the celebrity recounts stories that happened to them to a ghostwriter who then organizes the material into a book. That's exactly what Chat GPT does. The user gives it input and it writes a story in a palatable form for readers. Calling it plagiarism is just silly.
In the case of a 'biography' (as opposed to an auto-biography), there was never a claim by the publisher that the book was written by the celebrity. 'Biography', without the `auto' prefix explicitly means that the person named is not the author. It is all about attribution. I'm not against ghostwriting, and I'm not against AI being used to improve writing. I'm against miss-attribution and miss-understanding about how generative pretrained transformers (the very meaning of GPT) and large language models actually work. A human ghostwriter is infinitely more cognizant and intelligent than an LLM the latter of which merely attempts to produce a statistically indistinguishable text from the plethora of texts available already based on the prompts. GPTs don't `understand' the prompts, anymore than what they produce, unlike ghostwriters who are fully aware, and are paid.

But enough of this; I'm off this thread.
💙 Love to be tied-up 💙
I read and write stories for fun
Open to friendly PMs
(I don't do roleplays nor story requests)
drgoremd
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by drgoremd »

tiedinbluetights wrote: 9 months ago
drgoremd wrote: 9 months ago
In the case of a 'biography' (as opposed to an auto-biography), there was never a claim by the publisher that the book was written by the celebrity. 'Biography', without the `auto' prefix explicitly means that the person named is not the author. It is all about attribution. I'm not against ghostwriting, and I'm not against AI being used to improve writing. I'm against miss-attribution and miss-understanding about how generative pretrained transformers (the very meaning of GPT) and large language models actually work. A human ghostwriter is infinitely more cognizant and intelligent than an LLM the latter of which merely attempts to produce a statistically indistinguishable text from the plethora of texts available already based on the prompts. GPTs don't `understand' the prompts, anymore than what they produce, unlike ghostwriters who are fully aware, and are paid.

But enough of this; I'm off this thread.
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

potato wrote: 10 months ago Very interesting!
I don't see why AI should be seen in a negative spotlight. It's quite useful. I'll definitely check out this site and perhaps use it to proof-read some of my own creations.

Edit: So, after trying it out (by typing some prompts for random stories) it seems to do really well. It's a lot more organized and coordinated than ChatGPT; it doesn't sidetrack, it gives suggestions accurately, overall really good.

There is a downside though- it isn't completely free-to-use. You have a limited amount of words for it to generate, and in order to get more you gotta have a membership. (Which is $10 a month, so not really that bad.) However, if you don't want to pay, I recommend sticking to ChatGPT.
Yeah it is slightly annoying how you need a membership. And for more words a month, you need to pay more. It is good however and you can work with the AI like you can start something and the AI will carry on for a bit and vice versa. And the storyboarding options etc are good.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic