Character.AI

Post links to other TUG websites here.
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Character.AI

Post by Terry »

Has anyone heard of Character.AI? It's a chatbot thing what is very intelligent using actual characters both fact and fictional. Been having some fun creating some tie-up scenarios with various characters using bad guys tying up good guys in their respective franchises.
Katievick24
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Katievick24 »

Just had a go there, wow it’s a lot better than I thought. Nice find. Any tips on how to handle bondage situations? When the character is tied up and gagged it seems to semi break, like you cannot gag them 😅
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

Yeah it's not perfect. Like the character bot seems to repeat themselves also sometimes and tells you to do something what's already been done whether you are a henchman or a captive/slave. But still good anyway.
Monty
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Monty »

Awesome tool to talk about bondage though! Batgirl and Harley Quinn are very thorough
Katievick24
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Katievick24 »

Monty wrote: 11 months ago Awesome tool to talk about bondage though! Batgirl and Harley Quinn are very thorough
Oh what did you ask Harley and Batgirl?
Monty
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Monty »

Katievick24 wrote: 11 months ago
Monty wrote: 11 months ago Awesome tool to talk about bondage though! Batgirl and Harley Quinn are very thorough
Oh what did you ask Harley and Batgirl?
Typically conversation goes like this:
Me: Can I ask you question?
AI: Sure, ask away!
Me: Have you tied anybody up?
X and Y, they give off detailed descriptions which is fun. Though the AI can't seem to be able to describe more complex gags, they just give off base ones like ball gags, tape, etc. Though they can understand more complex gags when I describe them, and they give off the "sounds like an effective gag" thingy

Edit:
You can also do a limited amount of roleplay, but I've noticed that whenever I do it with heroic characters they resort to untying me (which makes sense) or when I do it with a villain they threaten to cut out my tongue instead of gag me, and when they do gag me, they forget I'm gagged and keep pretending like I'm saying things that aren't "Mmmmph"
TimChimp
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TimChimp »

Most AI chat bots have been practically lobotomized by developers to prevent them from speaking about any problematic subject, which extends itself to stories about 'violent' themes like the ones of kidnapping and forceful restraining of people like the ones often featured in stories here. Ever wondered why tug-stories written by chatGPT are weirdly wholesome? Its because it can't write anything darker.

I'm not saying this is wrong, bad or anything similar, in fact it may be for the good that these AIs are kept away from dangerous ideas, but its something to keep in mind.

A while ago I shared a story I found here with a chat bot to see what it would say about it only to find out that it wasn't allowed to talk about stories which featured themes of kidnapping and such
Monty
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Monty »

TimChimp wrote: 11 months ago Most AI chat bots have been practically lobotomized by developers to prevent them from speaking about any problematic subject, which extends itself to stories about 'violent' themes like the ones of kidnapping and forceful restraining of people like the ones often featured in stories here. Ever wondered why tug-stories written by chatGPT are weirdly wholesome? Its because it can't write anything darker.

I'm not saying this is wrong, bad or anything similar, in fact it may be for the good that these AIs are kept away from dangerous ideas, but its something to keep in mind.

A while ago I shared a story I found here with a chat bot to see what it would say about it only to find out that it wasn't allowed to talk about stories which featured themes of kidnapping and such
I've noticed this too. Likely, it's because things like bondage/kidnapping can be potentially harmful to brands, so they keep it away. Though with this one they might keep the tugs on board, at least for the time being
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

You can work around this, to a degree. I like to let ChatGPT write stories for me, and while it needs some creativity, I can regularly get to points where people are tied and gagged against their will, including stuff like hanging wedgies or kidnapping. A bit like solving a puzzle. It often works, if you start harmless and go darker. Or ask it to write something heavier, which is denied, and then leave out the heavy part. It might still get included.

The stories are never good, but they are good enough for me. You just have to play around with it a bit.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
KissyMissy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by KissyMissy »

I've been hoping for something like that.

I must give it a try.
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

Yeah have been using ChatGPT a lot lately and has been quite good although it gets confused when a character is meant to be gagged and the captive is still able to talk where I have to keep reminding the AI they are not supposed to talk at this stage. It rewrites it but then replaces the dialogue with mumbles where the captor is still able to understand.

And also a lot of the time, it wants the captive to be able to escape so have to specifically prompt it that they don't escape.
wataru14
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by wataru14 »

I've been playing around with CharaterAI as well as AIDungeon a lot recently.

CharaterAI Pros:
- The AI is must more verbose and has a better grasp on character. It makes longer, more detailed, and generally better responses. AIDungeon will often post "He said" and nothing else. It favors detailed messages over short, bland responses.
- It's more intuitive and follows direction better. If you give it a prompt, it will go with it and not post random gobbledygook or send you on weird tangents.
- It understands who is and who isn't present much better and won't have random side characters from past scenes magically appear.
- Rolls with 1st person/3rd person mistakes. If you write the whole story in 3rd person and once or twice say "I" instead, it won't create a mysterious unnamed character to do the action like AIDungeon sometimes will.
- The AI narrator will push the plot forward more than AIDungeon and doesn't require as much pushing and prodding. But it still relies on you to do the heavy lifting.

Cons:
- No Edit command. If you get something that doesn't make sense, but you can work with some of it, too bad. You have to retry the whole comment.
- It tends to forget who is talking and needs careful prodding sometimes. Even when you lead with *He said "..." it still thinks your character said it. You have to name NPC speakers every time or it will assume you are saying everything.
- While it doesn't repeat as much (or repost lines that you already rejected on twice), it tends to fall into ruts. For example, I tried a story where my PC was enslaved by Vikings, and it would have long conversations where the AI character would keep saying "If you misbehave I will punish you. Do you understand?" or "Are you happy being my slave" over and over at the end of every line, no matter what I said. Even when I answered definitively, it would still ask again on the next line.
- The NSFW filter, although supposedly there are some ways to trick it and get around it. AIDungeon doesn't have one and will let you write what you want.
- Server Errors happen a LOT. And posts sometimes crap out in the middle while the AI is writing. I have to reload the page a lot.

All in all, I think it's better than AIDungeon (at least the free version), but it has fewer scenarios. Both are fun to mess around with, but CharacterAI is better for me.
elanshof
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by elanshof »

I've had some luck with some characters on there re: bondage chat (One of the Catwoman characters, the 1987 April O'Neill character), but it's all pretty repetitive and there's only so much nuance the characters can add. It's a fun time killer, but isn't the most fulfilling.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic