Why am I not getting notified?

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
TomYi
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Why am I not getting notified?

Post by TomYi »

I've recently discovered that I have been tagged in just about every update of an ongoing story, but I have only ever gotten a notification for the most recent update (around four hours ago).

There were four times that I was tagged in that topic without being notified, and I know that this has happened on at least one other occasion. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there any known reason why this would happen?
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

[mention]TomYi[/mention], it might be more useful to tag [mention]Johnsnow[/mention] or [mention]chadmc90[/mention] here.

Sorry, Admins.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

TomYi wrote: 2 years ago Is there any known reason why this would happen?
Yes. Don't worry about it too much.
You'll only receive a notification if the OP tagged you on the initial publishing of a post.

If he/she forgot to tag you, and then edited his/her post to do so (even if it was just a few seconds after the initial publishing) the tag will be invalid and will not reach you.

If you post something but forget to tag a user on your post, the only way he/she will ever receive that notification is if you delete the post and repost it with the correct tagging. If you edit the tagging in, it will appear to work correctly but the system will not notify the other user.

If you see your name tagged but haven't received a notification, it means the OP added the tag-mention after the post was originally published. It took me a couple of months to figure that out when the tagging system was originally installed.

The three posts Caesar tagged you in were edited and the tags were added after the initial posting.
The fourth one (his latest chapter) has received no edits, meaning that he tagged you during the initial publishing.

Hope this helps.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

TomYi
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TomYi »

bondagefreak wrote: 2 years ago If you see your name tagged but haven't received a notification, it means the OP added the tag-mention after the post was originally published. It took me a couple of months to figure that out when the tagging system was originally installed.

The three posts Caesar tagged you in were edited and the tags were added after the initial posting.
The fourth one (his latest chapter) has received no edits, meaning that he tagged you during the initial publishing.

Hope this helps.
I can't know for certain, but it really looks like that's what happened. Thanks for the info! I think I've made this mistake once before, so this information is definitely good to know/
gayjacket
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by gayjacket »

Hey, maybe this information should be included on the edit page to help people be aware of it.
27/F/USA/bi/switch. Want to RP with me? Read my profile carefully for more! I try to respond to all PMs, but it might take me a few days, depending on how busy my life's keeping me!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic