Personal Pronouns in user profile?

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
tufriend
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Personal Pronouns in user profile?

Post by tufriend »

Not sure how much flexibility the forum software has, but it might be more inclusive to provide a space for any users who are comfortable doing so to provide pronouns they wish people to use.
tufriend (he/him/his)
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Hey there,
Welcome to the forum.
tufriend wrote: 2 years ago Not sure how much flexibility the forum software has, but it might be more inclusive to provide a space for any users who are comfortable doing so to provide pronouns they wish people to use.
Unlike Deviant Art which auto-assigns you these thing, this space allows you the freedom to express your preferences, whatever they may be.

The signature slot is a blank area in your User Control Panel where you can choose to relay whatever message you feel is necessary. Exactly like you've done on yours.

Offering a blank canvas is as inclusive as you can be.
tufriend
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by tufriend »

Yeah, I guess my intention wasn't so clear. Having a dedicated space for it that's optional and open ended could encourage cis allies to fill it out without forcing anyone to assign themselves pronouns. But I also recognize that the effort to implement such a feature might not be worth the impact it would make. At the very least, this thread provides an answer for the accepted solution.
tufriend (he/him/his)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic