Been Writing Again

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Been Writing Again

Post by drawscore »

Taking my time about it. A page here, a page there.

Not as prolific as I was in the past. My stories revolve around a group of 10-15 year old boys. No sex or nudity, and there are more than 60 of them "in the can,"

Somewhat disappointed in the lack of feedback. Never did get much, but there were always a couple that liked them, and said so. I always appreciated that.

Just some thoughts.

Drawscore
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Good to hear that you're back in the routine.
Alas, the lack of feedback is a real pain but, as you have noticed, some people love us.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

I can relate. it's pretty much the main reason why I left here. That and because stories featuring teenaged characters seem to be so strongly discouraged here these days. In fact this is only about the secind or third time I've even checked in on this site in the past year.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Come on, [mention]Jason Toddman[/mention] and [mention]drawscore[/mention], don't leave it to me to spread the word.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

This is one saaad thread.

There are tons of commentators on here. The M/M genre in particular is quite plentiful. It seems like what everyone lamenting lack of feedback in this thread have in common is rigidity and lack of adaptability.

Those of us who consistently enjoy heavy participation rates use all available tools to that effect (ex: Story Ads in the Catalog section, "Click to read" banners, name-tagging, interactive styles of narration, etc).

Stories involving teens being discouraged here is simply not true.
Some of my most successful stories are teen-stories. My most recent one being the Easy Prey saga, which is still being produced and closing in on 500 comments/reviews.

One of my other teen/pre-teen stories "Sucking Up To The Boss: A Babysitter's Peril" is only 13 chapters in and has some 230+ reader comments.

I've said this a hundred times, and although a lot of users have caught on and become highly successful themselves, some folks just refuse to adapt and continue the same old tactic of posting stories, expecting everyone to just flock over, and then lament the lack of views/feedback when that fails to happen.

Given the amount of reading material and viewing media available these days, the key to getting comments is to get your story read and noticed. Those of us who get comments normally get a LOT of views. We do so by using banners, using the Catalog section, using the tagging system to keep regulars up to date with new projects and using a more inclusive narration styles to provoke audience reactions.

The commentators are plentiful.
They're there for the taking. The old methods no longer work like they used to.
The internet is filled to the brim with stories. Far more so than it was in the 2000s.

If less time was spent lamenting lack of comments and more time was given to promoting/advertising said stories, you guys would see a world of difference and your respective story participation rates would triple.

HOW TO GET MORE READS AND STORY REVIEWS: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=13275
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Think it's time for me to move over. Any suggestions, [mention]chadmc90[/mention] ?
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

bondagefreak wrote: 2 years ago

Stories involving teens being discouraged here is simply not true.

Is it not? That's sure not what it seemed like two or three years ago. So have things changed or have I misunderstood something (which is certainly not beyond the possible)? Also, when I say teens, I don't mean characters that are like 18 or 19; I mean characters who are like 13 or 14. I haven't been seeing any stories like that here lately. Are stories with such characters still welcome here? If that is so I'd be happy to try re-posting more such stories I wrote for the old site (modified somewhat to remove some of the more salacious elements). Just give me assurance that such stories are indeed still welcome here first and I'll give it a shot.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Jason Toddman wrote: 2 years ago Is it not? That's sure not what it seemed like two or three years ago. So have things changed or have I misunderstood something (which is certainly not beyond the possible)? Also, when I say teens, I don't mean characters that are like 18 or 19; I mean characters who are like 13 or 14. I haven't been seeing any stories like that here lately.
Hey Jason!
Hope you're doing okay.

Yeah, I think you may have misunderstood something.

The rules haven't changed at all in that regard. The admins just made it clearer that there should be no sexual interactions between adults & minors in stories.

You probably haven't been checking/reading the right things then.
There are lots of cool stories which are teen-centric.

Here are the examples of new and highly successful teen-centric stories of mine that I spoke about in my previous post: Easy Prey and Sucking Up To The Boss.

Not saying these are going to be your cup of tea, but teen-centric stories are definitely VERY popular.
I currently have over 50 registers users following each of those tales.

- EASY PREY I: AN UNPLANNED SLEEPOVER (m+/MM)
- EASY PREY II: OFF TO THE CHOPPING BLOCK (M/m)
- EASY PREY III: A MOUTHFUL OF SOCKS (M/m)

- SUCKING UP TO THE BOSS (m+/M)

The Easy Prey saga centers around teens ranging from 15-18
Sucking Up To The Boss centers around pre-teens and teens ranging from 8-14

Title of Story: EASY PREY: AN UNPLANNED SLEEPOVER PARTY

Link to Topic: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12335

Gender Roles: m+/MM

Synopsis: When the parents are out and the older brother's left in charge, younger siblings better make themselves scarce, right?

Not this time! Meet sixteen-year-old Ethan and follow along as he tells you about the time he successfully turned the tables on his older brother. Fans of role-reversals are sure to love this one. Don't miss out!

Title of Story: SUCKING UP TO THE BOSS: A BABYSITTER'S PERIL

Link to Topic: SUCKING UP TO THE BOSS: A BABYSITTER'S PERIL

Gender Roles: mmmmm/M

Synopsis: An aspiring young office clerk finds himself in a SERIOUS bind when he agrees to babysit his boss' five boys for the night.
What could possibly go wrong? Click on the link to find out!
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

bondagefreak wrote: 2 years ago [

The rules haven't changed at all in that regard. The admins just made it clearer that there should be no sexual interactions between adults & minors in stories.

I never include such in my stories anyway, but some of them have had sexual interactions - or at least some mild BDSM kink - between peer-aged teen boys. Nothing gross - I don't think - but not quite PG-13 either. What about those? Need to know what specifically is now allowed so I don't wind up with any more mnisunderstandings.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

HI Jason,
It's good to see you visiting again.
The site has gone in another direction since the re-establishment but there is still an element of the teen-tugs stories. In my opinion we could do with more. I am certainly still posting them.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

I should probably do some reading here first in any case to get a better feel on this site again; I've been away from here for a couple of years now and have very rarely visited since.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Jason Toddman wrote: 2 years ago I never include such in my stories anyway, but some of them have had sexual interactions - or at least some mild BDSM kink - between peer-aged teen boys. Nothing gross - I don't think - but not quite PG-13 either. What about those? Need to know what specifically is now allowed so I don't wind up with any more mnisunderstandings.
Your stories were never an issue, Jason.
The Admins made the rules clearer to ward off a handful of authors posting seriously questionable material in which adults and minors were seen engaging in explicit activities together. Most of these were being copy/pasted from Dreambook and being reposted here.

If you're including explicit content in a PG-story in which all involved parties are underage, just be sure to use the same common sense and good judgement you've always used in the past.

It's all about common sense.

P.s- Was very surprised to see your comment on Easy Prey I & II just a few hours ago.
I'm glad you enjoyed the first two portions of the saga enough to read all those chapters ;)

Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

It's all about common sense.

P.s- Was very surprised to see your comment on Easy Prey I & II just a few hours ago.
I'm glad you enjoyed the first two portions of the saga enough to read all those chapters ;)
Okay, well I'm not always well-known for having much common sense but we'll see what happens. Lots of stories I posted before at the old site that I have not yet reposted here so There's plenty of material to work with - including stories I started but never finished which I could continue.
Like the first part of your story but my interest kind of got disengaged with the sequels where the younger brother wants to make up... as I am one of those fans who would have been happy with having a younger fit brother who wanted to tie me up. One of my stories is much like that but is more son tying up dad (so I'd change that if I ever re-did that one here obviously). The thing is that for me tying up is just the 'gateway' for other activities - nipple cripples, faceslaps, and of course the ubiquitous (for me) being sat on, so tend to find tie 'em and leave 'em stories kind of lackluster But that's on me of course.
One thing. Near the beginning the older is shoved face-first into a sleeping bag with an air hole at the foot. So far so good. But then he is shoved into several more like a Matrioska doll sort of thing. For a while I figured, "Well, *that* pretty much defeated the purpose of the air-hole!" Took me a while to realize you never said he was shoved in headfirst into any of the others as well but just the first one. :mrgreen:
Anyway, I'll see about starting my re-posting more stories here a little later on and see how things go. Since they're reprints, I at least won't have ventured too much fresh effort if things don't pan out.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]Jason Toddman[/mention] With that latest info, I have a feeling you'll enjoy SUCKING UP TO THE BOSS (m+/M) & ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING (mm/mm) quite a bit more than the first story of the Easy Prey saga.

Jason Toddman wrote: 2 years ago Like the first part of your story but my interest kind of got disengaged with the sequels where the younger brother wants to make up... as I am one of those fans who would have been happy with having a younger fit brother who wanted to tie me up.

One thing. Near the beginning the older is shoved face-first into a sleeping bag with an air hole at the foot. So far so good. But then he is shoved into several more like a Matrioska doll sort of thing. For a while I figured, "Well, *that* pretty much defeated the purpose of the air-hole!" Took me a while to realize you never said he was shoved in headfirst into any of the others as well but just the first one. :mrgreen:
I'll be responding to that and your comment on Easy Prey I & II directly on the story thread later.
Thanks for the thought out comments, my friend. Glad you enjoyed the first part with the older teens getting bum-rushed and taken down 8-)

Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

Thanks for the thought out comments, my friend. Glad you enjoyed the first part with the older teens getting bum-rushed and taken down 8-)
Yes, for me it was a familiar sensation from adolescence (well, sort of - as I'll explain in a bit) and evoked some (for me pleasant) memories.
My cousins liked to ambush me into a surprise Tug (knowing I will put up with virtually anything as long as I got what *I* wanted - namely to be sat on). But unlike the way I describe these events later in the stories, I could always hear them coming (or waiting for me hiding ahead of me) ahead of time because I had (and still have) unusually keen hearing. That's probably related to my also having Asperger's Syndrome, which for many people includes an over-sensitivity to certain forms of stimuli. Well, for me it was sound; there are times when even the sound of crickets seem unbearably loud to me if I had just been subjected to a lot of noise previously. So sneaking up of me unawares (at least inside an otherwise quiet house) was pretty well impossible (still is, really); except that I always cooperated with such attempts because for me it signaled fun times! :mrgreen:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic