Tag for non-binary people?

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
DallasNotAustin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Tag for non-binary people?

Post by DallasNotAustin »

I believe this is the place to put this.

Is there a specific tag I should use for the title of a story when Im mentioning non-binary folks? Ive considered writing some stories about the times my partner and I have gotten up to some tugs but Im unsure of how to tag them. Any suggestions?? Outside of the obvious NB all I could really think of was T for they/them but I feel like thats not a great one. Any ideas are appreciated y’all!
Your local catboy maid & sock enthusiast.

If you're reading this, you can do me a huge favor and have a great day!
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

This is a personal opinion and NOT a statement of policy on behalf of the board.

Difficult one.
If someone identifies as male, then they can always tag using 'm' and similarly use 'f' if they identify as female.
I think such tags assist with the understanding of the text.

Non-binary identification is quite awkward in that context, really. How about 'n'?
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
DallasNotAustin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DallasNotAustin »

Xtc wrote: 1 year ago
Difficult one.
No it definitely is, which is why I thought it prudent to reach out. I'll admit, I'm not crazy about N because it might imply, I dunno, "nobody"? But I also can't think of anything better. I think I'll stick to that in the event that it ever comes up for now. Or until someone proposes a better idea.
Your local catboy maid & sock enthusiast.

If you're reading this, you can do me a huge favor and have a great day!
ExcessivelyCurious
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ExcessivelyCurious »

Personal opinion, but N or NB seems reasonable to me. You could clarify their pronouns within the post itself if you wish.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic